Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix (1340 Views)

BUY ME BUY ME... American Pit Bull Terrier Puppies With Cropped Ears / Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear / Caucasian With Ears. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by kekakuz(m): 9:39am On Mar 21, 2021
I just got a 6weeks old caucasian shepherd puppy.is it too late to crop the ears.

Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by Walekennel: 9:49am On Mar 21, 2021
U can still crop it
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by Haroldjunior: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2021
You can still crop it, but it's gonna hurt more. Please, if you wanna do this now, let a professional do it, please, the puppy could bleed to death if not done properly. If the dog's cartilage in the pinna is too thin to support the weight of the ear or the ear is set too low on the head, the procedure will not work. At this stage, just allow the dog enjoy it's ears. What if you cut the ears now, and the dog doesn't turn out as planned, all that pain the dog went through would be for nothing. There's every probability that the person who would do it is a quack and will end up disfiguring that puppy. That's why it's best advice to do so before they are 4 weeks.
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by setobaba: 10:42am On Mar 21, 2021
If I may ask why must the ear be cropped ??

2 Likes

Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by kekakuz(m): 11:57am On Mar 21, 2021
setobaba:
If I may ask why must the ear be cropped ??
I have 2 bigger GSD. One with cropped ears and the other is not. The one with the cropped ears is so neat. No ticks under the hear.
The other without cropped ears has ticks hiding in the ears and always has sores on the ear.
Overall I feel the procedure gives you a cleaner pet.
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by setobaba: 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
kekakuz:
I have 2 bigger GSD. One with cropped ears and the other is not. The one with the cropped ears is so neat. No ticks under the hear.
The other without cropped ears has ticks hiding in the ears and always has sores on the ear.
Sorry it’s my first time of hearing this, any cropped picture of your dog pls. I really need to se what you saying
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by Haroldjunior: 3:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oga, if you treat your dogs of tick properly, there will not be any hiding under the ear. If you clean your dogs well, there won't be any sore. It's wrong for you to crop a Gsd's ears, it's not in the breed standards. You should cull that idea. Do not crop that dog's ears bro. It's too big to do so now.

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by kekakuz(m): 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Haroldjunior:
Oga, if you treat your dogs of tick properly, there will not be any hiding under the ear. If you clean your dogs well, there won't be any sore. It's wrong for you to crop a Gsd's ears, it's not in the breed standards. You should cull that idea. Do not crop that dog's ears bro. It's too big to do so now.
I hear you loud and clear
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by Galilos: 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
I think that such issues should be discussed with your veterinarian, and not on the forum.
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by ChristoBam: 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
kekakuz:
Crop GSD ear ke. What kind of demonic act is that?

1 Like

Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by kekakuz(m): 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
ChristoBam:

Crop GSD ear ke. What kind of demonic act is that?
I will show you the pics
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by kekakuz(m): 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Galilos:
I think that such issues should be discussed with your veterinarian, and not on the forum.
so let's shut down nairaland
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by ChristoBam: 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
kekakuz:
I will show you the pics
Please do.
Re: Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix by BamBamK: 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
we still dey wait u oo

kekakuz:
I will show you the pics

(1) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea [0:0] / American Pit Bull Terrier Pups For Sale / Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.