Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi (16538 Views)

I’m Not Tinubu’s Campaign DG, Says El-rufai / We Are Behind Ambode’s Second Term Bid – Councilors / Ambode For Second Term Pure Water (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by AmazingELixir: 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2019
undecided
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by danhans(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
The man just want talk, if Jagaban talk who go say no in Lagos? Only God
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by bluecircle470: 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Who sabi this fake Oba in Lagos. In fact, Ambode should dethrone him before he leaves on May 29

You can do it as well if ambode can not. EWU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by Advancedman(m): 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
yemmight:
Wetin this one dey talk. I have always said, I dont know the relevance of some of these Obas honestly.
Because he didn't plunge the state into debt for them to share.
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by omohayek: 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
grandstar:
Don't believe that one minute. That can't be the only reason. If Tinubu liked him, he would have pleaded for his "son" but he offended the biggest oba of all, the Jagaban!

Why else would he say that it's not him but Tinubu and Fashola that left $1.43b of foreign debt for Lagosians? Poor soul grin
I find it difficult to muster much sympathy for Ambode, as he made many needless and damning errors, beginning right from the start of his tenure, when he wasted so much time on a "probe" of Fashola that seemed primarily motivated to please Tinubu, to wasting scarce funds on white elephants like "cultural centers" (or whatever it is he called them), to wrecking waste management through the whole Visionscape initiative, and much else besides. Remember when even The Economist was criticizing Ambode for his lackluster performance compared to Fashola?

Frankly, I think the Lagos APC bosses would have been perfectly justified to toss Ambode aside, regardless of the state of his personal relationship with Tinubu, as the alternative would have been to risk the electorate doing the job for them by finally electing Agbaje.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by IjebuWarrior: 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
Corrupt, over-fed bunch of FOOLS! angry
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by grandstar(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
omohayek:

I find it difficult to muster much sympathy for Ambode, as he made many needless and damning errors, beginning right from the start of his tenure, when he wasted so much time on a "probe" of Fashola that seemed primarily motivated to please Tinubu, to wasting scarce funds on white elephants like "cultural centers" (or whatever it is he called them), to wrecking waste management through the whole Visionscape initiative, and much else besides. Remember when even The Economist was criticizing Ambode for his lackluster performance compared to Fashola?

Frankly, I think the Lagos APC bosses would have been perfectly justified to toss Ambode aside, regardless of the state of his personal relationship with Tinubu, as the alternative would have been to risk the electorate doing the job for them by finally electing Agbaje.

He probably got to big for his boots and needed to be put back in his proper place.

Mu cousin calls Visionscape 'Visionless Scape'. The previous liberalised system of waste disposal was the best system for a chaotic and unwieldy city like Lagos and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Visionscape wouldn't work.

To make it work would be prohibitively expensive, the expense worsened by the fact that majority of Lagosians feel it's a crime to pay bills.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by EagleNest(m): 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
The oba general of Lagos is Tinubu. Of course the lesser oba will exonerate him even when he did not ask for it.

Anyway average Lagosians knows that Tinubu was the arrow head behind Ambode's removal. It doesn't matter if you're working or not, he will want to remind you of his lordship bc he controls the party structure.

He attempted same on Fashola but backed out at last minutes when he realised it could backfire.
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by Charly68: 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2019
Thank God the truth is coming out little by little
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by Ayobami7(m): 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
We don hear
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by awuf2008: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
This is an after thought which hold no water.
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by luluman: 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
yemmight:
Wetin this one dey talk. I have always said, I dont know the relevance of some of these Obas honestly.
If you respect elders you'll know their relevance. Moreover, they just proved their relevance by flushing out Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by luluman: 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2019
Baawaa:

Ambode can still dethrone this king,what is his business with government affair
How come they flush him out? Accept the reality: they are powerful.
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by luluman: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
legendsilver:
I was expecting ambode to be governor general of Biafra land after the defeat
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by blazer2018: 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ikeboboafri:

“The people were against Ambode, because he concentrated development in Epe area where he comes from. Ambode undermined the Lagos State master plan. We Obas opposed Ambode’s second bid not Tinubu. How can the governor abandon other areas and concentrate development in one area? That was why we said we didn’t want him to continue.”

At least he didn't forget his people...his people will always remember him...he will always have a home to go back to.
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by blackboy(m): 5:39am On Apr 18, 2019
Oba be honest. If Tinubu had endorsed Ambode would you have objected?
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by yemmight(m): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2019
luluman:
If you respect elders you'll know their relevance. Moreover, they just proved their relevance by flushing out Ambode.

One of your Elders is Oba Akiolu of Lagos. Your Elder told some ethnic group to go and perish into Lagoon for certain reason. And you mention their relevance. Why can't Akiolu save Ambode with his relevance. If you understand Lagos politics you should know their closeness. Relevant my foot.
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by luluman: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2019
yemmight:

One of your Elders is Oba Akiolu of Lagos. Your Elder told some ethnic group to go and perish into Lagoon for certain reason. And you mention their relevance. Why can't Akiolu save Ambode with his relevance. If you understand Lagos politics you should know their closeness. Relevant my foot.
If the said ethnic group respected the elders of the land nobody will tell them to perish in lagoon. We all know one ethnic group that will not respect other people's tradition, so if they perish thats their problem. You cannot live in my house & not respect me, better pack out of my house.
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by yemmight(m): 9:25am On Apr 18, 2019
luluman:
If the said ethnic group respected the elders of the land nobody will tell them to perish in lagoon. We all know one ethnic group that will not respect other people's tradition, so if they perish thats their problem. You cannot live in my house & not respect me, better pack out of my house.

Now I know the kind of human being you are. I am a yoruba man. Infact I was born in Mushin but I will never support that other tribe perish because they are not Yorubas. One day you and your mumu oba will realize that the best option for us all in Nigeria is to see ourselves as one.
Re: Traditional Rulers And Not Tinubu Opposed Ambode’s Second Term Bid- Oba Durosimi by luluman: 9:44am On Apr 18, 2019
yemmight:

Now I know the kind of human being you are. I am a yoruba man. Infact I was born in Mushin but I will never support that other tribe perish because they are not Yorubas. One day you and your mumu oba will realize that the best option for us all in Nigeria is to see ourselves as one.
Dont present yourself a messiah when you dont understand the matter. Yes we are one Nigeria, but we must respect the values of the part we live in Nigeria. You cannot live in the North & wear skimpy body revealing clothes as its done in Lagos cos thats not their way of life, lest you hate that place, same goes for every part of Nigeria. If I live in Onitsha, Its my duty to respect the values of the land if I must do well there.You dont expect the hausa, Ibo or Yoruba to keep smiling with you when you dont regard their values. Understand the fact now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Virtually all result sheets were mutilated in Borno – Atiku’s collation agent / Accidental Discharge: Reps Summon IGP, NSCDC Boss / Professor Umar Garba Danbatta Re-appointed Chief Executive Of NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.