Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady (16021 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Shugargal(f): 11:54am On Apr 18, 2019
Umm, thank God is a distance family member, mine is same parents, they be acting as if am working with an oil company. you have to be diplomatic in handling family issues, especially when your parents are now in involved .
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by jesmond3945: 11:55am On Apr 18, 2019
From her balance she has over 5m so 600k is nothing for a family member smiley
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by mastermaestro(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2019
mayskit4luv:
I believed you're more than the said 600k. Just count your losses and move on, let karma deal with her. As I wouldn't want your life to be cut short, all because of an amount that's not worth it.

PS: Life is hard, the woman could go diabolical all because of you. Be guided!

You have spoken pure wisdom. She should let it go. The culprit could go diabolical to close the case. This could end in sorrow for the swindled lady or family.

1 Like

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Beey(f): 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
damiloladuke:
A Nigerian lady has taken to social media to narrate on how a family member scammed her of N600,000.

In her narration, she explained that he relative called her to inform her of a plot of land available for sale, which she agreed to buy and then sent her the money.

It was after the family member received the money, that stories upon stories now began to drip in. And now other members of the family want the matter settled amicably.

Read her post:

I’ve just been scammed of 600k by a distant family member. Now all my uncles, mom and Dad are begging me on top my money?

She called me ending of January and told me that her co wife wants to “urgently” sell her 3plots of land in the village at a very cheap price, i asked her how Legit the stuff was and she told me VERY LEGIT. Said the woman’s son is critically ill and needs urgent money for

Treatment. I said Ok i will send someone to check the land out. Which i did and everything checked out. 10th February, i paid the money to her and that was how story entered the matter. She then told me the woman already sold to someone else cos I wasn’t serious.

I said OK oya pay the money back naa she said I should wait that she have SEEN another land. I agreed o cos I wanted to buy another land, fence it and forget it for like 5-10years. Anyway, everyday she kept coming up with different excuses that the one

She saw, they are having family issues, another she saw the husband agreed but the wife said no. Another one she saw it’s deep in the forest. Only for me to get a call from my mom today telling me how She used some of the money to pay her kids’ waec/Jamb,medical

Bills then the rest she used it to pay off debtors, feed and start something for herself. I then asked my mom why didn’t she send the money back then ask for help? What nonsense? Hung up on my mom, called the woman back and told her if she doesn’t send the money by Month end

Both her, her husband and the kid writing WAEC will be arrested and transferred to a state Only i will know of. Next thing my parents and uncles are calling my phone and asking me to come back so we can settle it as a family? I told them if I’m traveling back it will be To get her and her family arrested. Now everyone is saying I’m OVERREACTING?

My anger is still boiling and I probably might do worse if I don’t see my money by month end. The most annoying part is that she HUNG UP on me when i was telling her i will get her arrested?

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-lady-reveals-how-family-member-scammed-her-of-n600000/

lalasticlala
Same thing happening in my family right now.Couple of years ago, my Aunt called my mom & told her about some plots of land for sale. My Aunt said they were selling @ 18,000 USD. My mom didn’t even tell my dad.I was the only person she told.She quickly sent the money through two girls who were traveling home.After a while, the story changed.Aunt told mom that she didn’t make the purchase because someone said that she was about to be conned.My mom wouldn’t have thought anything of it coz her sister had a nice job. Over these years, my Aunt was always vacationing with her kids outside the country.Few years ago, she decided to go on early retirement.All efforts from mom in an attempt to get her money back, have proved futile.It’s been one story to another.Yet she Aunt is still living in an expensive neighborhood & her life is going on well. Mom will be taking the matter before the family this August & if that fails, then she’ll have to take a legal action.Moral of the story .is that you should trust nobody even your own sibling.If you are gonna give money that’s a big amount in your standards, Have a written agreement & witnesses, Incase things turn sour later.

1 Like

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
Martinez39:
The entitlement mentality of people in this country is too much.

People have the right to refuse you money, they owe you nothing.

cool
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by BruncleZuma: 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
Some families do have them...shift I get my own story to yarn.
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Mac12(f): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
Herdsmen:
Stingy woman..I believe she know you well..if she ask for help you go play her well..
You think say you smart baa..

Now your 600k na till her son finish university..she go pay..

Who even knows tomorrow..her son fit buy you n your destiny tomorrow.. Dey dia dey form abroad..

Mumu learn your lesson case close and move ahead..

Kama is a bitch if you wan overeact...

The only person wey life sure for...na the death..

You don type finish abi Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by themanderon: 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
Get the criminal arrested. She stopped being a family member the day she conceived the idea to scam you.
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by BullionVan111: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
You still have a balance of 5 million left. You can help your family na
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by BullionVan111: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
You still have a balance of 5 million left. You can help your family na
Lol
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Chidonc(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Acidosis:

It is not about the size of her account. Some people naturally hate to be scammed. It makes one look like a f00l. Steal 10k from them, they will use 100k to haunt you. Some people are like that, it is very natural unless you didn't work for your money.

If I were in her shoes, I would even arrest whoever comes to beg or plead to leave everything to God, including you. Before you plead on her behalf, ensure you have a means to refund the money. A relative or friend that scams, can kill.
God bless you for this, many dont understand

3 Likes

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by mechanics(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
She didn't try at all, next time don't trust people that much, and before buying any land, C of O should be ready so as to have proof of ownership of the land.
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
600? That's not even enough to buy a flight ticket to Nigeria just to recover 600k.
you are Lucky it's just 600k, my cousin have been Scamming me over the years to tune of Nearly 8 million naira. i only found out when i finally travelled to Nigeria..

I contacted a lawyer he promised to get my money all i had to do was give him the go Ahead. That the rest will be up to him.

Next thing my mother rang and start begging me not to put him in jail or kill him that he has kids, what bout my own kids?

1 Like

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by deltateam: 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
damiloladuke:
A Nigerian lady has taken to social media to narrate on how a family member scammed her of N600,000.

In her narration, she explained that he relative called her to inform her of a plot of land available for sale, which she agreed to buy and then sent her the money.

It was after the family member received the money, that stories upon stories now began to drip in. And now other members of the family want the matter settled amicably.

Read her post:

I’ve just been scammed of 600k by a distant family member. Now all my uncles, mom and Dad are begging me on top my money?

She called me ending of January and told me that her co wife wants to “urgently” sell her 3plots of land in the village at a very cheap price, i asked her how Legit the stuff was and she told me VERY LEGIT. Said the woman’s son is critically ill and needs urgent money for

Treatment. I said Ok i will send someone to check the land out. Which i did and everything checked out. 10th February, i paid the money to her and that was how story entered the matter. She then told me the woman already sold to someone else cos I wasn’t serious.

I said OK oya pay the money back naa she said I should wait that she have SEEN another land. I agreed o cos I wanted to buy another land, fence it and forget it for like 5-10years. Anyway, everyday she kept coming up with different excuses that the one

She saw, they are having family issues, another she saw the husband agreed but the wife said no. Another one she saw it’s deep in the forest. Only for me to get a call from my mom today telling me how She used some of the money to pay her kids’ waec/Jamb,medical

Bills then the rest she used it to pay off debtors, feed and start something for herself. I then asked my mom why didn’t she send the money back then ask for help? What nonsense? Hung up on my mom, called the woman back and told her if she doesn’t send the money by Month end

Both her, her husband and the kid writing WAEC will be arrested and transferred to a state Only i will know of. Next thing my parents and uncles are calling my phone and asking me to come back so we can settle it as a family? I told them if I’m traveling back it will be To get her and her family arrested. Now everyone is saying I’m OVERREACTING?

My anger is still boiling and I probably might do worse if I don’t see my money by month end. The most annoying part is that she HUNG UP on me when i was telling her i will get her arrested?

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-lady-reveals-how-family-member-scammed-her-of-n600000/

lalasticlala

This is a criminal offence. Settle amicably, as in beg her to for go #600 000?

Things are not done that way.
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by deltateam: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
jesmond3945:
From her balance she has over 5m so 600k is nothing for a family member smiley

You are mad. Didn't she work for her money?

2 Likes

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
So bad...oga oo
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
Bro forget about d money... Dey no use am play baba Ijebu... Dey no use am buy car. Dey use am pay children education fees.. Pay for hospital bills. If dose children make am tomorrow..na still ur family name dey go answer.
I think u have more than dat in ur account. Cut ur loss and move on. Family ish get as e dey b. Listen to ur parents..

But I be like say u stingy ooo...
If you're a cheerful giver I don't think she will invent such lines to collect ur hard earned money.
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Ayokul(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
u all saying it's little from the balance,are either ignorant or never been scammed b4, I'll advise to try and get the money back,but don't take it to the extreme.
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by sharena(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
dheaven:
She actually did wrong but I prefer this kind of scammer than the ones that will scam and use the money for clubbing. Forget talk, assuming she asked you for help of such amount you would have told her stories. Arrest her but don't be too harsh, let her write aggreement to pay you in six months.
WILL YOU KEEP QUIET? U THAT IS TALKING IF YOUR OWN RELATIVE COME TO ASK YOUR FOR 600K WILL YOU GIVE HIM OR HER , SOMETIMES WHEN WE SAY SOMETHINGS LETS THINK IT TWICE BEFORE SAYING

4 Likes

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by caye(m): 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
PeachtreeReside:

Did you really type this ??,?,,

You must have lacked basic vitamins of life like love, empathy , common sense , etc

May you find yourself in the poster's shoes very soon.

If you can't and won't help , the next thing is to be scammed?

You need a master class in common sense and objectivity...
The writer you quoted might be a 'yahoo- boy'; whose remaining conscience is already dead and buried. I believe that Nigeria would be a good case- study of Hobessian societies- where these societies become nasty , brutish and short.

1 Like

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by spiceadole: 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
Jamesonbrown:
You still have millions bro

bet you think only guys can have millions in their bank account.

She is a woman though

1 Like

Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Jamesonbrown(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
spiceadole:

bet you think only guys can have millions in their bank account.

She is a woman though

Lol
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by GerrardLFC80(m): 8:40am On Apr 19, 2019
Hamilton1:
Afonjas at it again
Your stupid is beyond this world...Your comments no dey ever make sense
Re: How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2019
Mine was 22000 dollars. I still dey find am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Chy Mall / Sairui Mall A Scam ? Findout Chymall.net / Persistence Rash On ♍Ɣ Kids Skin / 15 Reasons Marriages Between Nigerian/African Men And American Women Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.