Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,898 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed (14638 Views)

I Caught My Husband Red - Handed With My Friend - Wife / Check Out My Son @1 / Female Bank Manager Caught Red Handed By Husband In Bed With Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by marcus1234: 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2010
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by r231(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2010
aydoth:

The best way of making him right-handed is to simply cut off the left hand

hmmmm. . . . . . dat one no good o
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by uche13: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2010
Please as most people have advised, let him be the way God intended for him to be. Though im right handed, i have a very strong feeling that i was
meant to be left handed but for the influence of people maybe wen i was a child. This is because i tend to do most things with my left hand unconsciously, my left hand also seem to be stronger than my right and in summary, people think am left handed. Please dont exert any external influence on the child. Who knows, my writing which is nt too good may have been finer if i was to use my left wink
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by lexyman(m): 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2010
i 've just typed with my left hand , grin grin grin
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by occam(m): 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2010
@ poster

So this is still an isssue in this day and age? My goodness! I clearly understand your concern. Well, I'm left handed and growing up in Nigeria a lot of people made every effort to change me. Guess what? they failed. why? because the two most important people in my life - my dad & mum,  encouraged me to write, eat with my left hand. It's only natural.

Yes, amongst Yorubas it's a taboo to use the left hand; one of the primitive beliefs and supperstion in our culture. Don't let them influence how you raise your son.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2010
LET THE BOY BE. There is absolutely no need to force him to become right-handed.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by kabukabu(m): 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2010
Nigerian Idiocy at its best. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lets see who is left handed,

Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by aieromon(m): 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2010
In this year of our Lord 2010 undecided
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by slap1(m): 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2010
Lol @ Seun's penchant for sarcasm. What a calamity indeed!  Your son was made that way. You didn't make him; you only gave birth to him. So why nursing the ambition of re-making what you didn't make?
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by slap1(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2010
kabukabu:

Nigerian Idiocy at its best. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lets see who is left handed,
Don't be too silly!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Outstrip(f): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2010
slap1:

Don't be too silly!

You are calling him silly when he is not the one trying to recreate a perfectly normal child. He is absolutely right. It is idiocy and is happening because of the culture in Nigeria. What the heck should he say?
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Goldenmeda(m): 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Poster there is nothing wrong wit left handed, i am also a left handed guy wit bright future ahead and a brilliant guy,
Don't also 4get dat our Lag gov. is left handed FASHOLA, Obama is also left handed. It will b better to pray 4 his future rather dan finding a way to change his carrer. He is destiny to use left hand, dere is not u can do to it, even though u beat hell out of him, he will still stig to dat hand.

AM PROUD TO BE A LEFT HANDED GUY, tomorrow leader

Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Skidoc(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2010
All the left-handed people I know are very intelligent. Not a single exception. Southpaws Rule!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by omar22(m): 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2010
My son is now 17months old and I observe that he always prefers picking things with his left hand even when eating. Also, when I try to give him something he stretches out the left hand first. In addition, when handling things, he has firmer grip with his left hand than his right hand. I dont know if he is left handed cos he is ma first child and please if he is how do I make him right handed.

I cant believe people are still entrapped in these believes,

God created all of us in his unique and perfect way, but between the delivery room and the child teenage years mankind (Africans) tend to indirectly say to God that his plan is not good enough,

Please let the child be, do you know that for a period 10 years England where begging for a left footed football player!!!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by sassyril(f): 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2010
@poster free ur child jor
left-handed ppl r so clever undecided
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by SSaemoenl(m): 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2010
Then Cut that hand to enable u rest! tongue
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2010
. . . . And with the same mentality is how they forced me to be right-handed.  angry angry angry
Leave him, let him be.

Akwasi:

That sums it all. Thank You God that my daughter is lefthanded grin
Thank God becommrich and mamageee are also left handed grin
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by SSaemoenl(m): 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

. . . . And with the same mentality is how they forced me to be right-handed.  angry angry angry
Leave him, let him be.

Thank God becommrich and mamageee are also left handed grin

Very awesome news from Mama-gee
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by adconline(m): 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2010
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Poster, like seriously !!!
Why in the world would you want to start traumatizing the innocent little boy. Is he handicapped or is there anything in particular right-handed people do which he cant?

Please dont make that mistake, let him be. he is perfectly ok, seriously we are in the year 2010 heading to 2011.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by elwino: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Poster, I come from a family of Four Children where 3 of us are Left handed. ( I am the first)
I  will give you the following advice:

Let Your child be, Left handed people are some of the most intelligent people in the world, guess i don't need to list new examples, previous posters have done more than enough of that.

Encourage your child to eat and collect things from People with His Right Hand so that the Society can let him be.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by hackney(m): 8:03pm On Sep 16, 2010
Albert Einstein was left handed?
sweet lord! !
(tot left handed ppl were thrown to the lions in them days)
grin grin

Naaaah! its ok to be left handed and as someone mentioned, its actually scientific that
lefthanders are likely to be more clever than righthanders.
(The left side of the brain . . . bla bla)
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by SamMilla1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2010
I have a very good advice for you,
Shoot him, you will give birth to another one. ID ot.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by timmy2409(m): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2010
More famous left-handed people:

Lady Gaga
Justin Bieber
Bob Dylan
Eminem
Neil Armstrong
Buzz Aldrin
Jack The Ripper
J.F. Kennedy
Bill Gates
Alexander the Great
Marie Curie
Angelina Jolie
Tom Cruise
Leonardo
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by omomakun: 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2010
President Obama is Left-handed, just leave it be,
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by geosegun(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2010
Three(3) WISE AND HIGHLY INTELLIGENT MEN ARE LEFT HAND USERS
1. BARACK OBAMA
2. BABATUNDE FASHOLA
3. MY HUMBLE SELF

I NEVER REGERETED BEING A LEFTYYY. LET YOUR CHILD BE.
YOU'LL BE HAPPY YOU DID.

A WORD THEY SAY, IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2010
@OP just like everyone else has said PLEEEASSSEEE LET YOUR CHILD BE!!!!

there is absolutely nothing wrong in being left handed, you should stand behind your child and support him to be who he can be, do not try to change what hand he uses because you can cause him problems mentally.

So please and please i beg you leave that child the way he is, any one that thinks there is something wrong with being left handed needs to check into to a mental hospital because that kind of thinking is for 5th century bronze age people!!!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by marabout(m): 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2010
Now there was a Japanese lady tennis player, Kimiko Date, who was born left-handed but her grandma forced her to play with her right hand because like in African culture, Japanese don't like left-handedness.
Sometime in the mid-90s she ranked number 4 playing with right hand.

Some believe she might reached the very top had she been left to use her natural left hand.

Don't limit your child's potential by making him use right.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by lukkie(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2010
This is a new one o! So tell me what's wrong in being left-handed.

Please leave the poor child alone and don't ruin his life with your ignorance.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by sweeti14(f): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
What's wrong wiv being left handed undecided. Please leave the poor child alone with his letf handedness. It doesn't mean he is handicapped.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by whiteroses(f): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2010
well my cousin was left handed and they forced him to right, and they said when they firced him his grades dropped grin, i dont know the correlation tho but thats what they say, i'm left handed too but i write with right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 contemporary Ibibio Names And Their Meanings / Single Parenting: My Success Story / Please Can A Five Months Baby Take Tea(milo And Peak Milk)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.