Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,076 members, 7,838,718 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed (14637 Views)

I Caught My Husband Red - Handed With My Friend - Wife / Check Out My Son @1 / Female Bank Manager Caught Red Handed By Husband In Bed With Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Purplediamond(f): 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2010
llade:

I want to officially say that I appreciate all your responses so far. Am also contented with the responses av gotten and wud appreciate if there will be no further responses to this thread please.
officially ke? My dear it doesnt work dat way wit nairaland oh! As long as this forum exists, pple wil continue to reply u. Dats becos most pple dont read previous posts befor givin their opinions. Just bear wit it :-)
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by UyiIredia(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2010
u can flog & flog him into right-handedness >>> as my dad did me >>> based on superstitions undecided >>> or u can accept that he's left-handed

i dunno why u percieve ur son's left-handedness as a problem >>> could u please, state, a valid reason for ur concern?
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Purplediamond(f): 6:13am On Sep 24, 2010
^^^ see wat i mean?! wink grin
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by TewMuch: 6:23am On Sep 24, 2010
Well u can return him back to God if you are not content.Some people are looking for a child nd ur here complaining.God gave u a child nd a potentially gifted one at that.If you change him ur child may not forgive u.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by deniyor: 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2010
cut off the left hand
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by CaptCavey(m): 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2010
We shouldn't insult the poster,even though the issue is quite emotional. I know she's wise enough to know what's good for the child. She only asked for our views and opinions,which many are quite helpful indeed.

God bless the little lad.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2010
^^You don't know whether the poster is male or female or even whether he or she is on the level.
People have every right to be outraged over the question as it is highly insultive and ignorant.
Basically you cannot force a left-handed child to become right handed without inflicting permanent damage on the child's psyche and destroying some of the natural talents God has blessed him with.
It is not a joking matter.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by ladygaga(f): 3:12am On Oct 02, 2010
i am left handed, and i am so proud of it, !

i am beautiful,smart,intelligent(acadedemically way above average)!

thankg od it was no longer an issue with me as they had experimented(and gotten enlightened in the process) with my brother whom now uses his left to eat rice,yam etc and right to eat eba, amala etc, (wat a pity),

i have gotten very nasty reception from ppl all becos i use left,
i can never forget the day my mom and i went to buy fuel at the filling station, the stupid angry attendant said he wouldnt collect the from me,i put it on the floor for him to pick , rubbish!
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by zayhal(f): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2010
llade:

I want to officially say that I appreciate all your responses so far. Am also contented with the responses av gotten and wud appreciate if there will be no further responses to this thread please.

LOL. You can't stop responses from coming in. You can only decide not to respond any longer. It's an open forum you know. wink
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2010
ladygaga:

i can never forget the day my mom and i went to buy fuel at the filling station, the silly angry attendant said he wouldnt collect the from me,i put it on the floor for him to pick , rubbish!

Good for you! Only in Nigeria will people be so backwards, as to refuse to accept something offered with the left hand.

I would have done the same as you did. cool
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by sms4health: 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2010
Being left handed or right handed makes no difference to what the child will be.

It is already wired from the brain as it means that the right side of the brain is predominantly in use as opposed the the left side of the brain in right handed people.

You have a beautiful child, love him as he is.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Muzicphem(m): 12:44am On Oct 05, 2011
trying to get him use his right hand will sure slow him down and have some adverse effect on his learning
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by dhtml1(m): 2:40am On Oct 05, 2011
dis is nonsense jare. dont change the boy.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by manmustwac(m): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2011
I really suffered back in those days in London in the early 70s when mu popsie tried to get me to change from left handed to right . cry if I told you the kind of punishment I went through at young age you guys would never believe. It was all to no avail at the end because am still left handed cry
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by horny4u(f): 10:56pm On Oct 05, 2011
I heard not sure o that left handed people have their brain on the left hand side.

I will not try to force him, nature knows what it is doing plus Obama is left handed and I think he is terrific.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2011
I understand your concern as he grows up just teach him to only accept or give people things with his right hand especially if he is living in Nigeria.
Everyone is bashing the op without focusing on the cultural issues

i am left handed. let him write with his left hand and anything else he wants to do but teach him the social aspect of using his right hand when dealing with muslims and traditional yoruba people,

Even in the US they used to try and force kids to use their right hand but the practice has since stopped.
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by horny4u(f): 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
manmustwac:

I really suffered back in those days in London in the early 70s when mu popsie tried to get me to change from left handed to right . cry if I told you the kind of punishment I went through at young age you guys would never believe. It was all to no avail at the end because am still left handed cry

grin grin grin grin
All that suffering for nothing
Re: Is My Son Left Handed And How Do I Make Him Right Handed by DonOms(m): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
Although I'm seeing this way too late (after the child is 2yrs +) but I couldn't help but comment after reading all the comments (who knows who'll read my comment later and be educated). I'm proudly lefty, highly intelligent (to God's glory) and very artistic though I'm a brilliant Engineer. The only time I ever repeated a class was in Nursery 1 or so. You guessed right; it was the year my teacher forced me to use right and my life almost crumbled. I wrote my letters facing opposite sides & I lost my self esteem. Thank God I was left with my left after repeating a class. Trust me, Lefties are a blessing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 contemporary Ibibio Names And Their Meanings / Single Parenting: My Success Story / Please Can A Five Months Baby Take Tea(milo And Peak Milk)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.