Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG (15618 Views)

Court Orders Invictus Obi To Forfeit N280.5 Million To Federal Government / Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison / Court Orders Yahoo Boy To Forfeit Iphone X And Car To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Edithfavourite: 5:56am On Apr 18, 2019
Two persons – Arewa Adekunle (aka Barrister Tania Rivera) and Kadiri Yusuf Kayode – were on Tuesday, April 16, 2019, found guilty and sentenced to jail terms in offences filed against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office.

The duo respectively bagged six months and four months imprisonment before Justices Joyce Abdulmalik and P. I. Ajoku of the Federal High Court of the Ibadan Judicial Division.

The convicts had pleaded guilty to the separate one-count amended charges preferred against them by the EFCC which were products of the plea bargain proposed by their lawyers and agreed to by the commission.

The charges border on fraud and fraudulent impersonation.

Apart from bagging a jail term, Arewa was said to have already refunded the sum of $200 USD (Two Hundred United States American Dollars) as restitution to the victim of his fraud. He will also forfeit his HP Laptop and iPhone 6s to the federal government.

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/2-jailed-for-cybercrime-and-impersonation-to-forfeit-laptops-and-iphone-to-fg/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by iammo(m): 6:04am On Apr 18, 2019
undecided

Why are SARs disturbing people for crimes that only carries a few months jail term with option of fine

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Kmartt(m): 6:04am On Apr 18, 2019
Wonderful

1 Like

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 18, 2019
To forfeit laptop and iPhone to FG...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Jamesonbrown(m): 6:05am On Apr 18, 2019
Nawa ooo
Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Kendumazy(m): 6:05am On Apr 18, 2019
Lol. So, federal government done dey collect laptop and phone. Na person hand he go enter Las Las.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Dukeolumidemans(m): 6:05am On Apr 18, 2019
Am not checking names ooo....am just steering at it. Hnmmmm na Dem again...

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Pamatips: 6:05am On Apr 18, 2019
EFCC have an informant. Else How do they even arrest people for $200 when i'm sure the Victim never contacted them.

40 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by paddyofboss(m): 6:06am On Apr 18, 2019
The way Efcc dey take nab these boys ehhhh

13 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by tillaman(m): 6:06am On Apr 18, 2019
Your beard no be from here

2 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by deepwater(f): 6:06am On Apr 18, 2019
Yoruba people

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by eleojo23: 6:07am On Apr 18, 2019
But who is the FG? grin

2 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by GavelSlam: 6:08am On Apr 18, 2019
Na small shit dey stain yansh.

8 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by bayelsaowei(m): 6:08am On Apr 18, 2019
grin grin
Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by deepwater(f): 6:08am On Apr 18, 2019
deepwater:
Yoruba people
and internet fraud

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by DamolaIbrahim: 6:09am On Apr 18, 2019
Pamatips:
EFCC have an informant. Else How do they even arrest people for $200 when i'm sure the Victim never contacted them.

That's why I think the best way to run yahoo business is to run it solo without any accomplices or 'friends'. Even your friends in the game could be witnesses and snitches used against you.

When police catches you and your friends as suspects, they put you in different cells, then they'll come to you the next day and say 'you better talk true, your friend Don tell us everything', they'll go to your friend and also tell him 'hmm that your friend Don confess o, you better talk true make we know how we go take help you'. It may even be false and your friend is not saying anything. At the end you guys will give up and start singing like canaries. Snitching on each other.

O boy any crime I cannot commit alone without collaborators, I no do.

64 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by princemillla(m): 6:10am On Apr 18, 2019
This kind news just dey laugh me.

He returned 200usd wen guy knows his 4k usd is smiling in his acc.

All these soft landing for internet fraudsters are just not right

6 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by eagleeye2: 6:10am On Apr 18, 2019
I will never support crime. But if you must chop frog, rie nke gbara abuba.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Why are they wasting resources arresting poor people for $200, and wasting more money feeding them for 6 months.

Does this EFCC have sense at all?

21 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by anochuko01(m): 6:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Expect SARS to continue with those laptops from where the yahoo boys stoppedgrin

3 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by mozona(m): 6:11am On Apr 18, 2019
wetin this govt wan do with iphone and laptop
Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by eagleeye2: 6:12am On Apr 18, 2019
grin Na EFCC cut him hair?
Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:14am On Apr 18, 2019
IPhone forfeited to FG. If they had China phone, will FG collect that one too.
Sad that after the guy restituted he was still punished

4 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Griffon(m): 6:15am On Apr 18, 2019
EFCC is a total sham. They only charge to court boys who cant meet up with their release fee.

This is corruption fighting corruption, same problem we're battling with the extant APC.

7 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by symbianDON(m): 6:16am On Apr 18, 2019
my name is FG....that iPhone and laptop should be given to me grin

3 Likes

Re: 2 Jailed For Cybercrime And Impersonation, To Forfeit Laptops And Iphone To FG by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 6:17am On Apr 18, 2019
Yeah. Enjoy-ur-Easter,Ramadan-ei'dil-Fitir,democracy-Day.etc.Therein. My-Sis-almost-fell-for-their-tricks.
Ass-Holes-In-Shit-Holes
and-those-of-u-remaining...........,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officer Involved In Anita Akapson Killing, Part Of Investigating Team / Police Parade 22 Suspected Thugs In Niger State (Photos) / Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.