Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,184 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

"Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator (11252 Views)

ITS OFFICIAL: UK International Students Cannot Bring Families along anymore / 'She Stinks': Invigilator Disgraces Student Inside Exam Hall / ABUAD Invigilator Throws Out Sheet Of Student Who Submitted With Left Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
na u de talk true now abi...i serve in anambra thought ss3 students government de did mock exams one person out of 16 students got above 60 the rest fail infact no one else got 40 over 100 aside d one guy who passed but those students will pass their waec don't ask me How ...dont sit dee [b]calling someone observations a lie...[/b]this country is on d precipice and prayer won't solve our problems...but a conscious way to set templates and standard for progress and development
Brotherly stay one place, na fact abi na observation?

Back to your personal story, of course I agree with yours, even if na all of them fail I go gree.

Now back to the lady, if she said all of them failed (I for no doubt am). I know it is not a direct comparison but it is like you telling me that only two student could easily tick the option you gave your student and all the rest are clueless on how to tick option.

The figure she use was obviously exaggerated, that's my point. Come talk sai they are terrified of mouse, that's just bullshit.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
funsho75:

You don't get her point...

Wat the she is trying to say is that...

240 out of 250 students needed orientation b4 they could do anything...

They don't no how to click
Or do other simple stuff during exams until she explained those basic stuff to them..

Which is very very bad..
Yeah and they were terrified of mouse? Come on.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
asuustrike1:

Jamb has a lot of work to do. There is still malpractices going in many centres probably that is why universities are still insisting on screening test. Aside that many students are not exposed to practical use of computers, many schools still emphasize on theoretical aspect. Even with the introduction of ICT in many schools, it will take some time for students to get use to computer. The believe that many students can operate phones should be disregarded because the two are different thing.
And your last paragraph about students been clueless is absurd you need to tend an apology for that. Have you visited interior villages to see how many of these students fair?. Someone will just wake up one morning to adopt a policy that can not work effectively well because it worked in other countries. You need to see the way many students were staring at the PC while many ask for assistance on how to click answers with mouse. Few tutorial centres teaches their students but how many students have access to such tutorial centres?. If Jamb registrar's claim is on the ground that many students uses smarphones, then he should have gotten phone devices since many studen ts can relate with it instead of PC.
I am disputing the fact that SOME people are clueless on how the computer works, far from it maybe you should read what I wrote again.

I was calling bullshit in the exaggerated figure from a center by that lady and claiming that students were terrified of mouse wtf.

It seems you can't put a percentage for your center, so make we just drop am.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by daddyfreeman1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
Since I was born, I have never touched mouse before, no one taught me how to use it... But 2days before my exam last week, Friday, I told my brother that I don't know how to use mouse oo, he said okay, he used his hand without computer or mouse, and gave me example how to operete the mouse... I tell you I went to hall I was like somehow that has opereted mouse before.... So all this blah blah you wrote there is rubbish
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
daddyfreeman1:
Since I was born, I have never touched mouse before, no one taught me how to use it... But 2days before my exam last week, Friday, I told my brother that I don't know how to use mouse oo, he said okay, he used his hand without computer or mouse, and gave me example how to operete the mouse... I tell you I went to hall I was like somehow that has opereted mouse before... So all this blah blah you wrote there is rubbish
Clarify this statement please.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
Earthquake3:

Have you tried a center in Kaduna State?
Which of the center in kaduna state?

Of all northern you could use to score cheap point na kaduna you decide to use.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

I am disputing the fact that SOME people are clueless on how the computer works, far from it maybe you should read what I wrote again.

I was calling bullshit in the exaggerated figure from a center by that lady and claiming that students were terrified of mouse wtf.

It seems you can't put a percentage for your center, so make we just drop am.
72%
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
asuustrike1:

72%
For the purpose of my point, I agree with you.

Compare with 96% that the lady is claiming (I know different schools), but I don't believe you can find a center in the whole of the Nation with 96% clueless student who are also terrified of mouse.

My point is, the story was made up or simply exaggerated.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Hier(m): 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
Bustincole:
u pple make it hard for d candidates

instead of mock exams... why cant u organised a computa training so dat dey can prepare for d Jamb... atleast wit dat... dey learn 1 or 2 tins b4 d exams....

in other news.... i got dis text from bbm... hope is not tru sha

BBM and 2go are in same class now cheesy cheesy
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Hier(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

Exactly, she said they were terrified of mouse.

That one na just attention she dey look for.

You know the funniest thing, just tell them there is free wifi on the system, and they can stream any video on youtube grin grin Thats the kind of motivation students wants. Before you know it, they feel their time is limited and they try their best to get it done, but I think the exam pressure does the same thing too but in a different way. I missed exams, I now set exams
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

For the purpose of my point, I agree with you.

Compare with 96% that the lady is claiming (I know different schools), but I don't believe you can find a center in the whole of the Nation with 96% clueless student who are also terrified of mouse.

My point is, the story was made up or simply exaggerated.
It might exaggerated
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by inforesource: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
If you can render such service you will do a lot of good to the population. More grease to your elbow.

RonKenoly:

Some people learn am and they pass, if my nephew of 7 can use the mouse to play Zuma; can't someone use it to just click on an option.

You people keep making the computer look like one rocket science.

I did not graduate from a science related course and at least I could program self. There is nothing in operating computer.

E be like sai last last I charity work for Nigeria go be computer literacy for all, we go enter all the villages.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by funsho75(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

Yeah and they were terrified of mouse? Come on.

So in this context.. Terrified of mouse means they are afraid of mouse... To u..

I beg i no get strength
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Motion123(m): 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
A country where most of the jambites reside in the villages and may never have seen a computer, Jamb removed pencil/pen exams
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Afritop(m): 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
She should blame the educational system, her employers, the government in particular for not providing access to computers in our schools.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by payne4real(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
Reasons why advice school to get Smart CBT software.
With smart CBT software schools can conduct in-house CBT examination. That way students get use to the CBT examination platform.

If your interested in marketing smart CBT software contact me now

Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by queiii: 6:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
oyahitme:
@Gistvic.com

A Female JAMB invigilator shares her experience with some JAMB students as she said most of them could not successfully use a computer system. Gistvic Reports.

She said In a hall of about 250 JAMB candidates, only 10 can successfully use a computer system. The rest could not just understand how the computer works, they are terrified at the sight of a mouse.

See More Photos:

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/04/most-jamb-students-cannot-successfully.html

na for north? lol
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Yemi1987(m): 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Get the hell out of here! you went to invigilate alimajiri school and you expect them to know how to operate computer... tell them to handle gun then you shall know the kind of stuff they're made of!
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by anabose: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:
Hall of 250 only 10 could use the computer system.

I call bullshit, they ain't programming o; na just to use mouse select answer.

All this social media made up stories Sha.
the computer our teens know is Android and iPhone
Shanghai
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by sumboty: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
i understand you dear..... i know it'll be difficult for people to understand her story, but i follow you dear.....

i was one of the Technical Official for the just concluded Jamb examination... and I'll tell you guy's the better truth...

in one of the section, I think the third (3) section of the exam, none of the 250 students could make proper use of the mouse and keyboard ... believe me.... no hyping here..

for we who were jamb official, we know the stress we went through putting this students through on how to use the left side of the mouse to click....

and mind you, there's little we can do putting them through Cuz of the CCTV cameras, u spending more than one minute with a candidate, can results to the candidate results been withheld..... .

but must give Kudos to Oloyede.....��
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
funsho75:

So in this context.. Terrified of mouse means they are afraid of mouse... To u..

I beg i no get strength
It was an unnecessary and also an attention seeking comment from her, that's my point.

If you believe otherwise I don't have strength either.

Edit: no need for the back and forth, it won't change nothing. So you are right about the fact that the lady was actually right.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by NigeriaDecides: 12:35am On Apr 19, 2019
Not made up, she's right but little exaggeration with the numbers. I'm a centre Administrator in Oyo, over half of the student don't know how to use mouse 'right or left click'.

RonKenoly:
Hall of 250 only 10 could use the computer system.

I call bullshit, they ain't programming o; na just to use mouse select answer.

All this social media made up stories Sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by moderatedguy: 5:38am On Apr 19, 2019
Oduok:
This is business opportunity for ICT guys. I need to start an ICT orientation centre for secondary school students and school leavers.
They wud not come.Rate of enrollment for computer training has dropped drastically over the years with d Advent of phones.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by EzyEjimz: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
Please if you'll have to lie, please lie properly. You guys just have lots of made up stories.. not true and the funny thing is that the board Will believe your fake stories
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by mikebrain5(m): 1:53am On Nov 21, 2020
Bustincole:
u pple make it hard for d candidates

instead of mock exams... why cant u organised a computa training so dat dey can prepare for d Jamb... atleast wit dat... dey learn 1 or 2 tins b4 d exams....

in other news.... i got dis text from bbm... hope is not tru sha

You are right sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Is The List Of The Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria. / Kwara State Polytechnic Students Holds A Rally To Celebrate Nigerian Soldiers / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Speak On Being Distracted By 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.