Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office (33625 Views)

Onnoghen Convicted, Banned From Holding Public Office For 10 Years. / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by sparko1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:

selective justice indeed

and foolish Nigerians will be hailing this charade, while defending criminals that they have soft spot for, due to ethno religious reasons

Foolish country men.

left to me, all those names plus others you listed above should be burnt in hot oil

then we start afresh

with a death by hanging sentence for corruption undecided

The difference is its not left to you, this is democracy, people go to court to seek redress, not burning people in hot oil because you think they are guilty of some crime.

That said, the process of convicting someone is not by public opinion, you need evidence, just because someone is richer that you are doesn't mean they are thieves! Now, we all know that immunity covers most government office holders, that is a fact, its in our constitution.

If someone is not a elected personnel and he is able to amaze lots of cash legally or otherwise, as far as the law enforcement can't catch him there is virtually nothing the government can do about it, even if everyone hate him to high heavens they can't arrest him until they have evidence. This is just a fact! if they do, he will just get out within the next hour and the government will just be a laughing stock.

The point is guilt is not a public concept, its a concept of evidence and without real evidence nothing much can be done.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Meritocracy: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:
When will people like Tinubu, Amaechi, Babangida, Ernest shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdusalami, Jonathan and all public officials from 1979 till date be prosecuted? As long as we have selective justice in Nigeria, l am not moved by this conviction, Buhari is surrounded by more rogues and gangstas and they are looting the treasury via proxies. Where is Maina? Where is the grasscutter thief? Where are other criminals now saints in the useless Federal government led APC, nonsense grin

No comment too

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by sparko1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
jaxxy:

The NJC recommended he resign and he did. What’s the point of the njc deliberations then?

Despite not accepting his resignation the court judge is still questionable. He didn’t declare doesn’t mean he shud forfeit unless u can prove beyond doubt the specific funds is proceeds of corruption. I expected them to settle out of court or come up with a strong conviction.

Firstly, The NJC recommendation is just a recommendation, in my own words the best course of action that will safe face for them and what they think won't bring to much noise to their house.

Secondly, there is something in court that they call "the idea is, the accuse is the one that should prove that the money he didn't declare is not a proceed of corruption. Now if he can't justify how he came about the money in the different account, the court will ask that he should forfeit all.

Lastly, settling out of court means, he has a feeling he is guilty, and trust the Nigeria press, they will paint him to high heavens. And as you know the government what to prove their stand on corruption and will consider this a declaration of guilt, you see the conundrum!
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Kingspin(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
CCT vs Onnoghan; this a reason for those who try challenging authority. Get ready for persecution that will follow
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
k
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Neoteny(m): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
zlantanfan:
Pachkwudi con shi sometin

He's on a lonely mountain summit somewhere contemplating the meaning and purpose of his miserable life
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by jelel6: 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
I'm glad that Buhari's government have shown enough balls to finish what they started. The case has been rightfully followed to a logical conclusion.

However, this should just be the beginning. A bias Judge is the last person you'd want as part of the judiciary. I'm not happy that the government seems to treat people close to it with kids gloves. However, make no mistake, a corrupt individual is a corrupt individual irrespective of whether another man is corrupt or not.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by AngelicBeing: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:

selective justice indeed

and foolish Nigerians will be hailing this charade, while defending criminals that they have soft spot for, due to ethno religious reasons

Foolish country men.

left to me, all those names plus others you listed above should be burnt in hot oil

then we start afresh

Gbam cool
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
jaxxy:
Sm1 resigned willingly and u still give judgement saying u remove him from office? Is that normal or is the CCT a joke?
Well, I think he definitely saw that coming, reason why he quickly resigned with the hope that the singular act could appeal to FG and withdraw the case to at least save him some grace. But unfortunately for him, the FG refused to backdown. What this mean is that his resignation was not accepted and now he has been convicted and fired (forced to leave the office). What a disgrace!

There must have been some strong and glaring evidences of his corrupt practises for the NJC not to have interfered in his trial and he knows that himself. This will serve as a warning to all the corrupt and intending corrupt public officials.
Nigeria shall be great again!

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by B1ak3: 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2019
jaxxy:

The NJC recommended he resign and he did. What’s the point of the njc deliberations then?

Despite not accepting his resignation the court judge is still questionable. He didn’t declare doesn’t mean he shud forfeit unless u can prove beyond doubt the specific funds is proceeds of corruption. I expected them to settle out of court or come up with a strong conviction.

The NJC recommended was to the president and not the CJN. Besides the recommendation to the president was to retire him. Retirement and resignation are two different things. Stop sharing false information. The NJC didn't submit its findings to the CJN so how on earth did you get your claim that they advised him to resign?

And again why do people always feel they know the law more than Judges and lawyers? See how you just murdered law with all your analysis
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by jaxxy(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
B1ak3:

The NJC recommended was to the president and not the CJN. Besides the recommendation to the president was to retire him. Retirement and resignation are two different things. Stop sharing false information. The NJC didn't submit its findings to the CJN so how on earth did you get your claim that they advised him to resign?

In Civil climes when sm1 resigns u don’t Ignore it and act like nothing happened just to score cheap points or prove an unnecessary point. The federal government shud learn tact. It’s more mature

The federal government can’t even retire him anyways.
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
Shameless and corrupt idiot. What are you reacting to? Just Go home in shame, Justice Seller!

What's there to react to....bush meat don catch the hunter....

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by B1ak3: 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
jaxxy:

In Civil climes when sm1 resigns u don’t Ignore it and act like nothing happened just to score cheap points or prove an unnecessary point. The federal government shud learn tact. It’s more mature

The federal government can’t even retire him anyways.

Yes you can if the resignation is not accepted.
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by adetem(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
dem go still pay him with Abuja mantion so?
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Neoteny(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
sparko1:

The difference is its not left to you, this is democracy, people go to court to seek redress, not burning people in hot oil because you think they are guilty of some crime.

That said, the process of convicting someone is not by public opinion, you need evidence, just because someone is richer that you are doesn't mean they are thieves! Now, we all know that immunity covers most government office holders, that is a fact, its in our constitution.

If someone is not a elected personnel and he is able to amaze lots of cash legally or otherwise, as far as the law enforcement can't catch him there is virtually nothing the government can do about it, even if everyone hate him to high heavens they can't arrest him until they have evidence. This is just a fact! if they do, he will just get out within the next hour and the government will just be a laughing stock.

The point is guilt is not a public concept, its a concept of evidence and without real evidence nothing much can be done.

Guilt is a public concept.

It's by consensus that any commonwealth defines what constitutes crime and punishment
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by drlateef: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:
When will people like Tinubu, Amaechi, Babangida, Ernest shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdusalami, Jonathan and all public officials from 1979 till date be prosecuted? As long as we have selective justice in Nigeria, l am not moved by this conviction, Buhari is surrounded by more rogues and gangstas and they are looting the treasury via proxies. Where is Maina? Where is the grasscutter thief? Where are other criminals now saints in the useless Federal government led APC, nonsense grin

How many times do you want Tinubu to visit CCT?
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by RichBoy247: 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:

Go and read what you typed again and tell me if you can confidently say that you are mentally okay. Are you saying that Buhari should go and start probing from 1979 till date? Now, tell me if Goatluck has jailed all the thieves currently in APC some years back and now Buhari jails all PDP looters, in the next few years won't the number of looters reduce considerably?

But no, Goatluck cannot jail looters because his wife the cantankerous sheppopo is the number one looter under his region.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by DCONE1(m): 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:
We don't need you to move to this conviction... We are getting better by the day
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by jelel6: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:

selective justice indeed

Foolish country men.

then we start afresh

Charade? Haha grin grin

I'm very sure onnoghen has sent someone to prison before for an offense not as serious as the one he's convicted of now. I'm sure you're not even aware of thousands of wrongly imprisoned individuals who don't know if they will ever see outside simply because they are found in possession of Laptops. These persons, some of which are common hardworking men and women are from all ethnic backgrounds and religion. I've never heard you or any other JUSTICE PURISTS accused anyone of selectively persecuting these people. You don't even know Sh!t about their ethnic or religious backgrounds. You are not even aware if any of them are from your village, or hamlet.

But they don't matter to you, I know. You only care about Justice Walter Onnoghen, the Chief Justice of Nigeria. A perfect nail to hit your hammer of baseless ethno-religious sentiments and bias.
Why so? Because he's a highly placed official whose rise or fall is somehow a valid representation of the character of men and women from your hamlet, village, local government, state, or country? A tribalistic perspective indeed.

People like you only see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. I'm very sure Senate President Bukola Saraki (North Central), former Comptroller General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko Inde, former NNPC GMD, Andrew Yakubu (North West), former governor of Plateau state, Sen. Joshua Dariya (North Central), former governor of Jigawa state Sule Lamido (North West), former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, Sen. Abdul-Azeez Nyako don't have their own ethnic or religious roots. Or simply, they are worth less compared to the saintly men that abode your enclave.

Ugosample, you don't care about equity or justice or fairness, or truth. You are a tribal and religious bigot yourself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by DCONE1(m): 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
RichBoy247:

Go and read what you typed again and tell me if you can confidently say that you are mentally okay. Are you saying that Buhari should go and start probing from 1979 till date? Now, tell me if Goatluck has jailed all the thieves currently in APC some years back and now Buhari jails all PDP looters, in the next few years won't the number of looters reduce considerably?

But no, Goatluck cannot jail looters because his wife the cantankerous sheppopo is the number one looter under his region.
God bless you .
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by pawesome(m): 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
Sterope:
Sure. It does not mean we should not rejoice when one is down.
one of the opposition.. That's it.. This isn't fighting corruption because it's one sided
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Sterope(f): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
Corrupt opposition. The fight will always be one sided but it is not ours to choose because we are not part of them. They are two sides of the same coin. Onnoghen should not expect sympathy, how many of us did he call when he was receiving those monies and if Tinubu's time should come, I will have my fun.

What I hate is people acting like this is all new because of ethnic bias, Nigeria politics has always been peculiar, sad and interesting. Jonathan is guilty of several acts Buhari has committed.

pawesome:
one of the opposition.. That's it.. This isn't fighting corruption because it's one sided
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Ugosample(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
jelel6:

Charade? Haha grin grin

I'm very sure onnoghen has sent someone to prison before for an offense not as serious as the one he's convicted of now. I'm sure you're not even aware of thousands of wrongly imprisoned individuals who don't know if they will ever see outside simply because they are found in possession of Laptops. These persons, some of which are common hardworking men and women are from all ethnic backgrounds and religion. I've never heard you or any other JUSTICE PURISTS accused anyone of selectively persecuting these people. You don't even know Sh!t about their ethnic or religious backgrounds. You are not even aware if any of them are from your village, or hamlet.

But they don't matter to you, I know. You only care about Justice Walter Onnoghen, the Chief Justice of Nigeria. A perfect nail to hit your hammer of ethno-religious baseless ethno-religious sentiments and bias.
Why so? Because he's a highly placed official whose rise or fall is somehow a valid representation of the character of men and women from your hamlet, village, local government, state, or country? A tribalistic perspective indeed.

People like you only see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. I'm very sure Senate President Bukola Saraki (North Central), former Comptroller General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko Inde, former NNPC GMD, Andrew Yakubu (North West), former governor of Plateau state, Sen. Joshua Dariya (North Central), former governor of Jigawa state Sule Lamido (North West), former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, Sen. Abdul-Azeez Nyako are don't have their own ethnic or religious roots. Or simply, they are worth less compared to the saintly men that abode your enclave.

Ugosample, you don't care about equity or justice or fairness, or truth. You is a tribal and religious bigot yourself.

the truth is that idgaf about any politician or public officer

I just don't like the circumstance in which this case was handled

He cash go to jail or fvck himself, I don't care, but when we live in a country where justice is an appendage of the executive and not independent as it's done elsewhere, it's a BIG PROBLEM That Foolish Nigerians have refused to see.

We should get to that point where the FG does not have to send these agencies as attack dogs

let the agencies be independent independent and nail these criminal elite themselves, regardless of party affiliations

then wewould hace made progress.
So so many criminals need to be shafted big time

but Nigeria is just a useless country
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by AnanseK(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
goaldynboy:
The judge is biased ab initio!!

Can any good thing come out of Buhari's puppet, Umar?!

Yes the judge is biased, such a criminal should in addition be imprisoned. Taking away the loot and banning an already retired crook is not enough.
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by AngelicBeing: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
RichBoy247:

Buzz off, you are the one that has a brain tumor filled with kaka, I don't do politics whether PDP, APC, PRP, UPN, GNPP, NAP OR NPP, continue to support the useless politicians feeding fat while you are dying daily of hunger and starvation, my last response to you, nonsense grin
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by chibuzorAbia: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:

the truth is that idgaf about any politician or public officer

I just don't like the circumstance in which this case was handled

He cash go to jail or fvck himself, I don't care, but when we live in a country where justice is an appendage of the executive and not independent as it's done elsewhere, it's a BIG PROBLEM That Foolish Nigerians have refused to see.

We should get to that point where the FG does not have to send these agencies as attack dogs

let the agencies be independent independent and nail these criminal elite themselves, regardless of party affiliations

then wewould hace made progress.
So so many criminals need to be shafted big time

but Nigeria is just a useless country

Wait ooo Onnoghen be your relative? why e come pain you like this?
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by luluosas(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
No comment indeed. After blowing up the chances to have resigned honourably. What a disgrace
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Ugosample(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Wait ooo Onnoghen be your relative? why e come pain you like this?
you see what I'm saying
instead of you to grasp my point, you are asking a frivolous question
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by SirBunky85(m): 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:
so u now use ex-military men and core politicians to compare to the number one jurist in d country abi?if a whole cjn could be found wanting, who else should we run to for redress if these ex-military men and crooked politicians trample on our fundamental human rights?
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by mechanics(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
So it means he won't be paid his benefits.
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by yemiyemi: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Sebi i talk am......The judge is even lenient with his ruling.....If na me...i go....

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by AnanseK(m): 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
sparko1:

Yours is an awkward way of thinking.
The suspect should just prove that he erned the money legally. What is stopping him from doing that?
I think they are wasting time keeping him outside prison. He should have served months already from his long sentence with hard labor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribunal Admits Presidential Election Result Declared By INEC As Exhibit / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Fayose Dares Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.