Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office (33627 Views)

Onnoghen Convicted, Banned From Holding Public Office For 10 Years. / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by deomelo: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
The worthless, crooked and corrupt man tried to lay the same crooked game crooked and corrupt politicians have been playing, he hired 100 SANs to run from court to court to seek frivolous and bought injunctions to stall their trials and to obtain perpetual injunctions from prosecution, but he messed with the wrong president, PMB saw the game plan and quickly blocked him.

Next step is sending this clown to prison.
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by jelel6: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:

the truth is that idgaf about any politician or public officer

I just don't like the circumstance in which this case was handled

He cash go to jail or fvck himself, I don't care, but when we live in a country where justice is an appendage of the executive and not independent as it's done elsewhere, it's a BIG PROBLEM That Foolish Nigerians have refused to see.

We should get to that point where the FG does not have to send these agencies as attack dogs

let the agencies be independent independent and nail these criminal elite themselves, regardless of party affiliations

then wewould hace made progress.
So so many criminals need to be shafted big time

but Nigeria is just a useless country

Good to know you actually DGAF.

We are a long way from what obtains in other country. These countries are at a stage where they are actually flying while we are just about learning how to crawl.

If you study the history of some of these countries who remarkably change their story from rag to riches, you would find out the leaders who were at the heart of such changes did SOMETHINGS that will look extreme or unacceptable today. (I'm not suggesting underhand tactics)

I can imagine 80% of top government officials are corrupt. It will be unthinkable to believe half of them will become honest without no external influence. Our best bet will be to have THAT ONE LEADER (preferably a president) who will pull majority of our public officials, willingly or otherwise, into a zone of honest.

If you prefer to discard any slight progress we make because it won't pass the MORAL TEST, then we won't make any progress whatsoever.

We know there is some cherry picking going on. But we don't ask them to stop. Never. Instead, after every cherry they collect, we should request they extend their scope to even more and bigger ones.

Naija is ours to collectively build. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Ugosample(m): 6:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
jelel6:

Good to know you actually DGAF.

We are a long way from what obtains in other country. These countries are at a stage where they are actually flying while we are just about learning how to crawl.

If you study the history of some of these countries who remarkably change their story from rag to riches, you would find out the leaders who were at the heart of such changes did SOMETHINGS that will look extreme or unacceptable today. (I'm not suggesting underhand tactics)

I can imagine 80% of top government officials are corrupt. It will be unthinkable to believe half of them will become honest without no external influence. Our best bet will be to have THAT ONE LEADER (preferably a president) who will pull majority of our public officials, willingly or otherwise, into a zone of honest.

If you prefer to discard any slight progress we make because it won't pass the MORAL TEST, then we won't make any progress whatsoever.

We know there is some cherry picking going on. But we don't ask them to stop. Never. Instead, after every cherry they collect, we should request they extend their scope to even more and bigger ones.

Naija is ours to collectively build. Thanks.

good

So let buhari get inaugurated

And run a full racket against these criminals we have as elite
be it pdp, apc or hiv

after all, he has nothing to lose at all.

That way he will be immortalises
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Mbediogu(m): 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
HE IS ONE OF THE GRAND CHILDREN OF JUSTICE KATSINA ALUU WHO HAS SINCE GONE TO SATAN'S EMBRACE. DURING HIS LIFE HE WAS A DISGRACE TO THE GOOD PEOPLE OF BENUE STATE. .
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by brightalo17: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:
When will people like Tinubu, Amaechi, Babangida, Ernest shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdusalami, Jonathan and all public officials from 1979 till date be prosecuted? As long as we have selective justice in Nigeria, l am not moved by this conviction, Buhari is surrounded by more rogues and gangstas and they are looting the treasury via proxies. Where is Maina? Where is the grasscutter thief? Where are other criminals now saints in the useless Federal government led APC, nonsense grin

You are commenting for likes if not you would've ask yourself first why didn't previous regimes didn't prosecute those you mentioned since you know they're all corrupt ? Why not let Buhari rule and come down then the next president will do the needful as well by so doing at least things will change for better , Buhari is one sided blah Blah Blah, His one sided is still better than no side at all , let the next person come and do the side he never did .
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by alutapastor(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
So he is convicted for failing to declare all his assets? He is not convicted for stealing but all those who plundered state treasury are either ministers or in the national assembly.
We will not move forget in the fight against corruption if we use it against our perceived political opponents and to silence dissenting voices and to blackmail others.
This is a charade!
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by jelel6: 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ugosample:

good

So let buhari get inaugurated

And run a full racket against these criminals we have as elite
be it pdp, apc or hiv

after all, he has nothing to lose at all.

That way he will be immortalises

That's just the only thing Buhari needs to realize. There is nothing else for him to lose
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by searchlight: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
superstar1:
Anyone "they" support always fail.

Ojukwu
Abacha
Jonathan
Fayose
FFK
Kanu
And now CJ of Bureau de Change
can anybody in your descendant attain the level those you have just mention attained? if those failures what do you call you useless father who begot a clown like you? my everyday prayers is to just get to the level of the aforementioned and then fail like they did and remain in their level all my life. if you jobless father had reached their level you wouldn't have made nairaland your official office
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by searchlight: 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Naijamyhome:
Well, I think he definitely saw that coming, reason why he quickly resigned with the hope that the singular act could appeal to FG and withdraw the case to at least save him some grace. But unfortunately for him, the FG refused to backdown. What this mean is that his resignation was not accepted and now he has been convicted and fired (forced to leave the office). What a disgrace!

There must have been some strong and glaring evidences of his corrupt practises for the NJC not to have interfered in his trial and he knows that himself. This will serve as a warning to all the corrupt and intending corrupt public officials.
Nigeria shall be great again!
oga Nigeria has never been great and will never be great. stop deceiving yourself
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by awoluyi(m): 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
If the man who is directly involved has no comment, who giveth me comment to make?
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by searchlight: 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
jelel6:

Charade? Haha grin grin

I'm very sure onnoghen has sent someone to prison before for an offense not as serious as the one he's convicted of now. I'm sure you're not even aware of thousands of wrongly imprisoned individuals who don't know if they will ever see outside simply because they are found in possession of Laptops. These persons, some of which are common hardworking men and women are from all ethnic backgrounds and religion. I've never heard you or any other JUSTICE PURISTS accused anyone of selectively persecuting these people. You don't even know Sh!t about their ethnic or religious backgrounds. You are not even aware if any of them are from your village, or hamlet.

But they don't matter to you, I know. You only care about Justice Walter Onnoghen, the Chief Justice of Nigeria. A perfect nail to hit your hammer of baseless ethno-religious sentiments and bias.
Why so? Because he's a highly placed official whose rise or fall is somehow a valid representation of the character of men and women from your hamlet, village, local government, state, or country? A tribalistic perspective indeed.

People like you only see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. I'm very sure Senate President Bukola Saraki (North Central), former Comptroller General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko Inde, former NNPC GMD, Andrew Yakubu (North West), former governor of Plateau state, Sen. Joshua Dariya (North Central), former governor of Jigawa state Sule Lamido (North West), former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, Sen. Abdul-Azeez Nyako don't have their own ethnic or religious roots. Or simply, they are worth less compared to the saintly men that abode your enclave.

Ugosample, you don't care about equity or justice or fairness, or truth. You are a tribal and religious bigot yourself.

crafty, insightful but inconclusive. throw more light on why Maina, Boss Mustapha, Kemi Adeosun and others who were accused of corruption and forgery with glaring evidences are still walking free and supporting this government. over to you
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
searchlight:
oga Nigeria has never been great and will never be great. stop deceiving yourself
Ok
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by handsomeyinka(m): 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
No jail time?
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by sparko1(m): 3:51am On Apr 19, 2019
Neoteny:

Guilt is a public concept.

It's by consensus that any commonwealth defines what constitutes crime and punishment

In the court of public opinion maybe, but in the court of law, evidence is the only thing that matters and how well it is being presented.
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by sparko1(m): 3:56am On Apr 19, 2019
AnanseK:

Yours is an awkward way of thinking.
The suspect should just prove that he erned the money legally. What is stopping him from doing that?
I think they are wasting time keeping him outside prison. He should have served months already from his long sentence with hard labor.

He couldn't prove he got the money legally, so the court asked that he forfeit it to the federal government.

The, CCB don't send people to prison, he needs to be sent to a federal Court for that to happen.
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by jelel6: 8:37am On Apr 19, 2019
searchlight:
crafty, insightful but inconclusive. throw more light on why Maina, Boss Mustapha, Kemi Adeosun and others who were accused of corruption and forgery with glaring evidences are still walking free and supporting this government. over to you

That reply was constructed that way because he played the ethnic and religious card. In my opinion, that's an apt reply for that.

As for your List, since you came up with it, you tell me your theory of why you think they are free men and women. Which card do you want to play?
Re: Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office by deji17: 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2019
superstar1:
Anyone "they" support always fail.

Ojukwu
Abacha
Jonathan
Fayose
FFK
Kanu
And now CJ of Bureau de Change

You left out Saraki and Atiku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zamfara: Withdraw Femi Fani-Kayode’s Traditional Title - Emir Of Shinkafi Told / President Bola Tinubu Admission Letter At CSU / Jonathan Loses 52-year-old Younger Sister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.