Stats: 3,151,692 members, 7,813,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 (15702 Views)

Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger / When Last Did You Use Your BBM (Blackberry Messenger)? / How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm? (2) (3) (4)

Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by olioxx(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
So BBM still dey? . . E good as dem wan kukuma shut am down!!
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Beezed(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
Like if you have forgotten about BBM

Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Keywordconcept(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
Too bad
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by banio: 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
homealone00:
nawa for this guy ahead of me dedicating my STC to Onnoghe. we pray you will still be sent to jail.

When you have / steal billions Nigeria won't send you to jail. Nigeria will want you to forfeit it.

But when you steal hundreds, you are already a jail candidate.
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by frankputer: 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hmm. Tech trend. U must be upto date. Ask yahoo how far, how they did it ?
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Ijaya123: 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Freshbaba95:

The moment they BBM available to Android and apple, it became useless

It was already becoming useless (to use your own word) at that point. That decision was taken to reverse the slide but, too little too late.

Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
Freshbaba95:

The moment they BBM available to Android and apple, it became useless
This is the reason why iPhones still sells today despite being so expensive...
Apple will never sell their software or any of its features to another phonemaker, if you want iMessage or FaceTime or airdrop you must buy an iPhone!!
such a shame that blackberry couldn't have such common sense!!

Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Badonasty(m): 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
grayht:

It might be time to move on from BBM. The consumer version of the BlackBerry Messenger will shut down on May 31. Emtek, the Indonesia-based company that partnered with BlackBerry in 2016, just announced the closure. It’s important to note, BBM will still exist and BlackBerry today revealed a plan to open its enterprise-version of BBM to general consumers.

https://guardian.ng/technology/bbm-to-shut-down-may/

so people still use that shit

Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by homealone00: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
banio:

When you have / steal billions Nigeria won't send you to jail. Nigeria will want you to forfeit it.

But when you steal hundreds, you are already a jail candidate.
very true my brother.
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by dheaven: 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
Joshmodest:
BBM is a testimony of the fact that nothing good lasts forever.....once upon a time , you no dey BBM you be small boy .....
today even Eskimi and 2go that were considered small boys sites , are still running and The almighty BBM is packing up !!!!
moral lesson : when you seem to be the biggest thing in town be humble.
True talk
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Angelawhite(m): 7:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
Godsgift7837:
Some girls claim to be born again christians yet they talk to only men with cars.... my sister, were you baptized with engine oil...

Not funny
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by dheaven: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Apple will never sell their software or any of its features to another phonemaker, if you want iMessage or FaceTime or airdrop you must buy an iPhone!!
I think this is their mistake. Only one mistake can ruin a business I think.
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Freshbaba95(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

I think the lack to planners, or should I say ideas
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by jaxxy(m): 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Blackberry shud focus on nice phones and go back to the old software platform if possible and work on an update then phase out of android. Bb 10 was a wack software. The Fone designs after bold 5 especially the infamous z10 and z30 were terrible, battery issues were almost unforgivable. They sunk their own ship sadly.

Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
I made a handful of friends from BBM, wow I loved the pin train then it was so good.
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by pat077: 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
Joshmodest:
BBM is a testimony of the fact that nothing good lasts forever.....once upon a time , you no dey BBM you be small boy .....
today even Eskimi and 2go that were considered small boys sites , are still running and The almighty BBM is packing up !!!!
moral lesson : when you seem to be the biggest thing in town be humble.
do people still use 2go
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by ashala(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
This should be a clear lesson to all. No matter how well you are doing, never relax, always strive to innovate and improve else........
Who would ever believe a time like this would come for BB considering the way they swept everybody off their feet some years back.

Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by TANID(m): 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
homealone00:
nawa for this guy ahead of me dedicating my STC to Onnoghe. we pray you will still be sent to jail.

Funny grin

Anyway Amen
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by oxladexo(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
Meetleader:
This is a lesson for we all...

We should strive to continiously add value to ourselves...

Some people did the unthinkable just to own a Blackberry then...

I think the BBM had long gone extinct... perhaps BlackBerry only just remembered to say Goodbye officially.

What's app and other social app should take dressing from this...

According to the nights watch... "What is dead may never die"

That quote is not of the night's watch

Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Arysexy(m): 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
I just remembered my bb bold 7. Chai.

Blackberry battery drains like water. Nothing is permanent in life
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
I blame BlackBerry for sharin BBM with androids and iphones. If BBM was strictly for blackberry users, it would have been among the top 3 messaging platform now. And blackberry wouldnt have died naturally
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Sososo(f): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
This goes to say that nothing last forever. Change is the only constant thing
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by PotatoSalad(m): 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2019
BBM died the day they introduced it to Android devices
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by wristbangle: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Donald3d:

Blackberry that year grin grin grin grin
I remember how girls used to do the unthinkable because of it. Now its Iphone.

I can never forget when BBZ10 was reigning then, thats how one girl came into the mechanical engineering workshop, brought out her Z10 and waved it in my my face , her hands moved from left to right in a perfectly synchronised oscillatory motion, showing it off proudly. She opened her mouth like she tried to form an accent, then she uttered what makes me still laugh till today ..in a very confusing accent "Please do you have BBM charger" . grin grin grin grin

About half of the people who use Iphones have not used 1/10th of its features .And you see them upgrading every year, just to show off.
Life is in cycles . If you think what you use to brag today won't become obsolete tomorrow, then you are just deceiving yourself .

Invest in things that won't loose value. Land in some parts of Ikorodu and Ifo/Sango is 400-500k . Its better to use an android phone of 30k-50k and have land that would never depreciate in value.

Be Wise

Do you need a website or mobile for your business, product or service ?. Do you need strategies to boost your services or products online ? . I do a pretty awesome job . Contact me today. Check my signature

BBM charger? grin
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Slynation(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
Evidence of Bad decision, they decided to sell their only unique feature "BBM" thinking they are expanding....
I remembered i swore to ditch Blackberry if they ever share BBM with IOS/ Andriod, never knew the whole world made dsame decision....!! grin

Ndi Ara....!!
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Meetleader: 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
oxladexo:

That quote is not of the night's watch

Oh thanks for the help
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Godsgift7837: 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Tell that to your mother
Angelawhite:

Not funny
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Lexusgs430: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
What people did for a blackberry that year sha? Mtcheeeeew

Tell us what you did.......
Re: BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 by Donald3d(m): 12:36am On Apr 19, 2019
wristbangle:

BBM charger? grin
My brother, na wetin she talk be that o, honestly the thing weak me grin grin grin grin

Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, & MTN Statement On NCC Fines / Beauty Of The Infinix Zero 4 / FG Directs NCC To Block Over 9 Million Unregistered Sim Cards