Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,328 members, 7,867,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

Playstation Move Second Opinions - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Playstation Move Second Opinions (947 Views)

Your Opinions Please - Naijabids / Project Natal Vs Playstation Move With Demo Videos / Why Playstation Move Will Beat Project Natal And The Wii (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Playstation Move Second Opinions by playmode(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2010
By IGN

More than a year since it was first announced at E3 in 2009, PlayStation Move finally lands in U.K. and U.S. shops this week. We've covered Move every step of the way from inevitable rumor and conjecture in the early days, right through to the full, intricate details of this week's launch.

We've reviewed the games, looked at the technology in depth and, since been squeezing every last drop of joy from its glowing balls since arriving in the office.

Now, on the eve of its launch we put our heads together for our definitive opinion on Sony's move into motion control (see what we did there?). Is it just a Wii rip-off, or does PlayStation's Move truly 'Change Everything.'

Alex Simmons, Editor In Chief, IGN UK:
There's no denying Move is a great bit of kit. The Wand feels solid, is nice to use and the much-hyped level of accuracy really is noticeable compared to the Wii. The problem is the games: out of the initial launch line-up there isn't anything that really demonstrates why Move is a must-buy.

Sports Champions is fun but it doesn't do anything particularly new, plus it doesn't have the charm of Wii Sports. You should skip Kung Fu Rider and Tumble completely and Move reworkings of Heavy Rain and EyePet are alright but certainly not worth splashing out on the motion controller for. Which begs the question, why buy Move? Start the Party! is entertaining but only for a short period of time, which is a shame because Move definitely has potential.

However, I can certainly see myself using it a lot in the future, most likely when some of the bigger 'hybrid' titles come out – games like SOCOM and Killzone 3, which support both Move and traditional controls. Bar the odd exception I don't think shooters have worked that well on Wii so I'm hoping PS3 and Move does it better.

Dana Jongewaard, Editor-in-Chief IGN Expanded Content:
I was super-curious to see how the Move compared to the Wii remote, and I have to say that I was pretty impressed – the EyeToy tracking offers a lot better precision than the infrared of the Wii remote. There have been a lot of times when I've gotten mad while playing a Wii game because the system isn't tracking correctly, causing me to screw up, but I didn't run across that in my brief time playing with the Move.

I got to check out Sports Champions and Start the Party (because no family-targeted initiative is complete without the obligatory sports and mini-game compilations). It was pretty annoying that you couldn't create your own avatar for Sports Champions, especially since the ones the game provided were kind of annoying. Volleyball proved embarrassingly true to life – I felt the same sense of shame and inadequacy at my poor performance as I do when I'm actually playing the sport. Archery and bocce ball (are those actually sports?) were fun, but gladiator fighting was kind of annoying, and just made me wish that I was playing Soul Calibur instead.

Start the Party had some pretty cute mini-games, and the art style was fun, but the biggest problem with both titles for me is that it was hard to see either one holding much long-term value. At this point, when we've seen a ton of party games and sports compilations hit the market, you have to do something pretty special to stand out of the pack – and neither of these did.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1120328p1.html

(1) (Reply)

Xbox 360 Pal/ntsc / Faulty Psp / Please Can Someone Recommend A Cheap Gaming Laptop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.