Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,253 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Novel-shades Of Bitter Revenge - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novel-shades Of Bitter Revenge (317 Views)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Shades Of Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Novel-shades Of Bitter Revenge by Barbiegirl58: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
Chapter two
Wow!! "Christina murmured again. Nessa had given the exact description of him even leaving some important details. He had short black hair that was neatly carved to suit his face. His hair color complemented his eyes that reflected both brown and black from afar. He smiled and waved at a boy at the other end of the cafe and her heart almost stopped His lips!!  His smile!!  Damn!!  It was the exact definition of a perfect smile. The Superman T-shirt he wore clung to his body like a second skin and showed off his biceps. She tried to mentally calculate his height but then she saw him moving towards thier table. "Oh my God " she exclaimed as she tried to  falsify her concentration on the novel on the table.  She had read Americanah by Chimamanda Adiche,  a million times but she forced herself to concentrate on the words.
  "Hello ladies. I hope I'm not interrupting. " he smiled.
Hmm. Not really I was just about to take my leave before you walked in. " Nessa said evidently playing matchmaker.
"Oh that's bad. I'm Kyle by the way. "
  "I'm Vanessa but you can call me Nessa. "
She noticed their eyes boring through her clothes so she raised her head from her novel. He smiled at her, "Sorry I didn't get your name. "
Christina rolled her eyes, "That's because you never asked. "
"Well I'm asking now. "He flashed his perfect smile again
"Christina."
"Tina girl I'll stop by the house later for dinner with your dad. "She smiled and sauntered towards the door.
Wow!! "Kyle said bringing her back to the cafe from where ever she had travelled to. "I will take it that you guys are pretty close. "
"Yes. I have known her all my life. She is the closest thing to a sister that I've got" She said managing a smile.
"That's sweet though I will take it that you like that novel more"
"I'm just an extremely big fan of Chimamanda Adiche. " she said excitedly
"Same here.I love Chinua Achebe,  Buchi Emecheta, Ben Okri even Cyprian Ekwensi."
"Now this is becoming very suspicious how can you love all the writers I love."She said in between laughter.
"Now that is really suspicious "He joined in the laughter. "But you read American novels right? "
"Yes I do! Alot anyway "

"So tell me some"
"Well for the start I just finished the fifty shades series last week then... "
"Hold on!! You mean you have read fifty shades of grey,  fifty shades darker, fifty shades freed? " he asked with a smirk on his face.
"Yes I have. "She grinned proudly.
"That's.. Ermm..interesting. so can I say E. L James is your favorite author? "
She couldn't help but smile at how much he knew about books, "Not really though she holds a place among my favorite authors but I'm obsessed with Lynne Graham. "She secretly hoped he didn't know who she was speaking of but he surprised her once again.
"Romantic genre?? I sincerely didn't see that coming at all. "He laughed.
She joined in the laughter, "I swear I don't know how that woman got me hooked but I've virtually read every piece of work she's written. "
  "Now that's real obsession "
They talked about some other books and authors including Nora Roberts,  Sandra Brown,  Cynthia Eden and many others, argued and laughed.
"So what do you do? "
"Huh? " She asked confused.
"I mean what do you do for a living? " he clarified.
"oh. I'm a lawyer by profession.
"I suspected. " he said laughing intensely
" Meaning? " she asked with wide eyes
"You have been arguing intensely with me like we were in the court room. "
Glancing at her watch she realised she had spent more than 3 hours with him which had disrupted her schedule. "Kyle I'm really sorry I have get to the salon before I meet my dad for dinner.
"Oh I'm so sorry "He said apologetically.
"That's okay. You know it takes two to tango. "She gave him a warm smile. "Maybe we could meet for lunch or a cup of tea some other time and talk about more books that's if you don't.. I don't -" she stuttered trying to find the right words.
"I'd love that" he intervened ."So can I have your phone number? "He asked politely .
Christina had this inner battle in her telling her that it could be a good thing or a bad thing or-" oh that's no big deal"
Kyle handed her his phone and she punched her number into it and handed it back to him.
"Love to hear from you Christina. "Kyle said trying to hide the smile in his voice.
Same. "She said as she walked out of the cafeteria into her black SUV at the parking lot. As she pulled away from the parking lot she saw him wave and she waved back with a smile.

Looking into the mirror realising today was a success he smiled. Watching her smile and laugh only increased his anger.Trying to remove the contact lens from his eyes. He hated contact lenses but if he had to keep up with his revenge plan then contact lenses will do the job for now. He just had to eliminate the one thing that she loved most. He smiled as the thought of the pain that will flow through her crossed his mind.  Revenge was the only thing keeping him and Christina Summers.

(1) (Reply)

The Law Of Gravitation Of LIFE / The Symbol Of A Perfect Soul / Show Your Essay Writing Skills Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.