Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

How To Make Money Via Mini-importation Without Facebook Adverts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money Via Mini-importation Without Facebook Adverts (480 Views)

Lady Rolls On The Floor Of A Bank After Scammers Withdrew All Her Money Via POS / How To Make Money Via Mini Importation / How To Make Payment For Facebook Adverts In Dollars Using Barter Flutterwave App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Via Mini-importation Without Facebook Adverts by Nobody: 4:54am On Apr 19, 2019
If you are like me when I started mini-importation in 2017 then you would have heard about all the nice interesting stories of converting 100k to One million naira in a month or less or making 500k in a month or 10 million sef. People throw around figures because they are trying to touch the GREED emotion that we all have. It's a must do when writing a copy that converts.

I also was obsessed with making that type of money but what most of these guru's fail to tell you is that you most probably won't make that type of money if you don't learn how to run Facebook ads. So when you find out you have to run Facebook ads you get all these courses that barely scratch the surface when it comes to Facebook ad. I remember when I started in 2017 I sold out "Boomtouch speaker" In a matter of weeks using engagement ads. These days running engagement ads won't bring in sales.

Then we ran messaging ads by boosting post. I sold over 25 pieces of Beactive knee brace in 2 weeks. I was spending $5 and I was selling for N8000. After some time that strategy didn't work and then I decided to invest in a robust 2gig worth of training on Facebook ads using the conversion objective. Running ads using the conversion objective works great but you have to know how to build landing pages, forms to collect orders, copywriting etc. Then early this year Facebook changed its algorithm again.

It's like a never ending cycle. Once you think you have gotten a hang of Facebook ads uncle Zuckerberg just changes something and boom you are back at square 1. For a long while my fixation was on running Facebook advert to sell until I met my mentor who imports different products every week and most of them are sold out before they even arrive.

Let's get into the meat of the matter.

Dear mini-importer you can make money maybe not as much as you make if you sell using Facebook advert but you can make money. All the major importers in all the big markets in Lagos know next to nothing about Facebook ads and they make millions by selling via the brick and mortar store or shed as we like to call it.

You don't have to be a guru at Facebook ads before you can make money via mini-imoortation. You can decide to be a major importer of a particular product and sell to the local market. Sure the gain is not as much as when you sell via Facebook advert (if you know what you are doing) but you do volumes and sell out quickly.

My mentor sends goods daily to every part of Nigeria without running Facebook adverts but leveraging on free classified sites like . He sells out before his goods get to Nigeria and people tell other to patronize him because he gets his goods at rock bottom prices. Power of negotiation.

I decided I would like to try this route and just yesterday I met a young lady at ikeja inside ipodo market selling her imported goods without Facebook ads. She has a store and people know her as a mini-importer and she has all of the trending products you can think of. People dropship from her and she makes her money without disturbing her head about Facebook ads, Instagram ads etc.

You too can make money via mini-importation, you can sell to people who sell via Facebook ads or people that sell in the local markets. Once your landing cost is rock bottom. Sometime you see goods on Jumia and you ask yourself how they are able to make any profit from sales well let's just say when your negotiation game is topnotch you go dey alright.

No rejected orders or dashing logistic companies money. Imagine if you can bring in the USB mini fan for 1200 or 1300. You go sell out before the day ends because it is more expensive in the local markets and all the sellers would come and pack your goods.

Don't just rule online. There is money to be made offline too
Re: How To Make Money Via Mini-importation Without Facebook Adverts by africanman85: 5:30am On Apr 19, 2019
missfadesola:
If you are like me when I started mini-importation in 2017 then you would have heard about all the nice interesting stories of converting 100k to One million naira in a month or less or making 500k in a month or 10 million sef. People throw around figures because they are trying to touch the GREED emotion that we all have. It's a must do when writing a copy that converts.

I also was obsessed with making that type of money but what most of these guru's fail to tell you is that you most probably won't make that type of money if you don't learn how to run Facebook ads. So when you find out you have to run Facebook ads you get all these courses that barely scratch the surface when it comes to Facebook ad. I remember when I started in 2017 I sold out "Boomtouch speaker" In a matter of weeks using engagement ads. These days running engagement ads won't bring in sales.

Then we ran messaging ads by boosting post. I sold over 25 pieces of Beactive knee brace in 2 weeks. I was spending $5 and I was selling for N8000. After some time that strategy didn't work and then I decided to invest in a robust 2gig worth of training on Facebook ads using the conversion objective. Running ads using the conversion objective works great but you have to know how to build landing pages, forms to collect orders, copywriting etc. Then early this year Facebook changed its algorithm again.

It's like a never ending cycle. Once you think you have gotten a hang of Facebook ads uncle Zuckerberg just changes something and boom you are back at square 1. For a long while my fixation was on running Facebook advert to sell until I met my mentor who imports different products every week and most of them are sold out before they even arrive.

Let's get into the meat of the matter.

Dear mini-importer you can make money maybe not as much as you make if you sell using Facebook advert but you can make money. All the major importers in all the big markets in Lagos know next to nothing about Facebook ads and they make millions by selling via the brick and mortar store or shed as we like to call it.

You don't have to be a guru at Facebook ads before you can make money via mini-imoortation. You can decide to be a major importer of a particular product and sell to the local market. Sure the gain is not as much as when you sell via Facebook advert (if you know what you are doing) but you do volumes and sell out quickly.

My mentor sends goods daily to every part of Nigeria without running Facebook adverts but leveraging on free classified sites like . He sells out before his goods get to Nigeria and people tell other to patronize him because he gets his goods at rock bottom prices. Power of negotiation.

I decided I would like to try this route and just yesterday I met a young lady at ikeja inside ipodo market selling her imported goods without Facebook ads. She has a store and people know her as a mini-importer and she has all of the trending products you can think of. People dropship from her and she makes her money without disturbing her head about Facebook ads, Instagram ads etc.

You too can make money via mini-importation, you can sell to people who sell via Facebook ads or people that sell in the local markets. Once your landing cost is rock bottom. Sometime you see goods on Jumia and you ask yourself how they are able to make any profit from sales well let's just say when your negotiation game is topnotch you go dey alright.

No rejected orders or dashing logistic companies money. Imagine if you can bring in the USB mini fan for 1200 or 1300. You go sell out before the day ends because it is more expensive in the local markets and all the sellers would come and pack your goods.

Don't just rule online. There is money to be made offline too
How do I go abt this offline sells ? Expatiate
Re: How To Make Money Via Mini-importation Without Facebook Adverts by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
africanman85:
How do I go abt this offline sells ? Expatiate

See what is selling in your environment. Buy it at a cheaper cost compared to market price. Sell to the people in the market or use classified site like jiji

(1) (Reply)

When Cocoa Farmers Can’t Afford Chocolate: The Case Of A Broken Value Chain / What Can You Do To Get 1 Dollar From Everyone On Earth? / How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.