Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Gabon Overtake Nigeria In Fifa Ranking - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gabon Overtake Nigeria In Fifa Ranking (925 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Nigeria Slips In FIFA Ranking. / Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gabon Overtake Nigeria In Fifa Ranking by snowdrops(m): 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2010
Nigeria dropped again in the latest FIFA ranking for the month of September released by the world soccer governing body on Wednesday.The Super Eagles slid four places from the 30th position in August to 34th in the latest ranking.

The ranking showed that Nigeria is fifth in Africa behind Egypt, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire and Gabon respectively.

The Eagles’ 1-2 loss to Korea Republic in last month’s international friendly may have been taken into account in the latest ranking.

Egypt, Africa’s number one, remained in ninth position in the world. Ghana’sBlack Stars, the only African team which qualified for the World Cup quarter finals two months ago, moved up three places from 23rd to 20th in the latest ranking.

The Ghanaians are second in Africa and Cote d’Ivoire, the continent’s number three, moved up three places from 26th position last month to 23rd in the latest world ranking.
Gabon gained three places, moving from 34th in August to 31st in the September ranking.
Following Nigeria closely is Algeria in 35th place.
Cameroon’s Indomitable Lions moved up three places from 40th position last month to 37th in the latest ranking, while Burkina Faso is the last African country ranked among the top 50 in the world.
The Burkinabes gained six places from 45 in August to 39th in September.

There was little change at the top with world champions, Spain, retaining the first position, followed by the Netherlands in second place.

Germany, third place finishers at the World Cup in South Africa, remain third in the ranking, while Brazil is fourth, Argentina fifth and England sixth.

Uruguay, which finished fourth in the World Cup, is seventh, followed by Portugal in number eight and the Pharaohs of Egypt are ninth. Chile is ranked tenth.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/09/15/gabon-overtake-nigeria-in-fifa-ranking/
Re: Gabon Overtake Nigeria In Fifa Ranking by Syenite(m): 10:01am On Sep 16, 2010
any big deal about that? ??
na only Gabon overtake us?
Reframe your topic joor
Re: Gabon Overtake Nigeria In Fifa Ranking by Johnnny(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2010
Why is this thread created in double. cos I saw the same thread already created by @supereagle. Are there no moderators checking this, it is even created using the same phrase of words. shocked shocked
Re: Gabon Overtake Nigeria In Fifa Ranking by snowdrops(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2010
Syenite:

any big deal about that? ??
na only Gabon overtake us?
Reframe your topic joor
olodo. them tell you say na me write the article.
Re: Gabon Overtake Nigeria In Fifa Ranking by snowdrops(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2010
Johnnny:

Why is this thread created in double. cos I saw the same thread already created by @supereagle. Are there no moderators checking this, it is even created using the same phrase of words. shocked shocked
i painstakingly searched recent threads before posting mine in order to avoid doing it twice. Despite my best efforts i had not noticed any.
So MR SENSITIVE, before you start pulling out your hair you should have asked the poignant and obvious questions otherwise mute your buccal cavity.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Premier League Rangers 2 Vs Sharks 1 final score / Who Win Europa League Between Mancity & Man Utd / Odumosu Places Last, Awards Herself A Medal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.