Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

The Mystery Of The Cross - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystery Of The Cross (199 Views)

The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of The Cross by pinkpearl17(f): 9:22am On Apr 19, 2019
Today, we celebrate good friday to mark the death of Jesus Christ which was the greatest act of grace.
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ephesians 1:7 KJV

It is worthy to not that without the death of Jesus, salvation to mankind would not have been made possible. He made the ultimate sacrifice.

We see the triune God of most holy love purposing from all eternity to redeem sinners for himself. Before we ever considered repentance, God was a step further in His plan to bring is closer to Him in Christ.
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Ephesians 1:4‭-‬5 KJV

And this;
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

1 Peter 1:20 KJV

God revealed His love for us that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

Romans 5:8 NLT

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. The Father requires no conviction or persuasion by the Son to love us. Christ Jesus did not bring love but came to manifest the great love of God for us.
Indeed, the Father loves the Son because the Son willingly lays down his life for his sheep, just as the Father desires.
“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. “The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.

John 10:14‭-‬15‭, ‬17 NLT

Jesus Christ achieved this by the enablement of the Spirit as stated in the book of Hebrew.
Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfectsacrifice for our sins.

Hebrews 9:14 NLT

This further strengthens the doctrine of trinity. The triune- Father, Son amd Spirit working unanimously to bring to pass the salvation of sinners.

The death of Christ did not move God from wrath to love, rather He’s moved by love to satisfy his wrath against us by removing our guilt and enmity through the blood of His cross.

Whatever else we may see or understand , we must bear in mind that mercy and grace are God’s idea and accomplishment.

The death of Christ brought victory over the powers of sin, death, and Satan.
For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:17 NLT

The goodnews is not just about the reconciliation between God and us, though beautifully gracious but also about its payout in liberating God’s people from the clutches of his enemies. The apostle John tells us the same Christ who came to make atonement for sin
He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

1 John 2:2 NLT
also came to destroy the works of the devil 1John3:8.

As a result of the death of atonement, Satan , the accuser of the brethren has lost his power to bring a charge against the elect of God as we jave been sanctified by his blood.
Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, “It has come at last— salvation and power and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth— the one who accuses them before our God day and night.

And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.

Revelation 12:10‭-‬11 NLT

In the same vein, we have also been set free from the fear of death and delivered from guilt.
Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.

Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.

Hebrews 2:14‭-‬15 NLT

Finally,
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.

John 12:24 NLT

Not just his words, The very life of Jesus is a parable.
So lets bear this in mind as we mark the holy day.

Stay blessed

https://musingsandroses./2019/04/19/the-mystery-of-the-cross/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Test Of English Proficiency Made Easy (TOEFL GRE PTE..) / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :Tuesday May 14th 2019019 / It May Not Be Sin....but ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.