Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria (3062 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / Overpopulation – The Human Explosion Explained / Overpopulation In Nigeria: A Ticking Time Bomb - By Chukwuma Ikeanyichukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by OkunrinOloro: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2019
Oh my god. We have truly scraped the bottom of the intellectual barrel in this country.

So by your peanut sized mental calculations, there is no correlation between Brazil's huge land mass and its ability to sustain its population?

The United Arab Emirates is actually a resource rich confederation of semi-independent states whose small population of less than 10 million enables an easy redistribution of the country's oil wealth. This is something that is practically impossible in countries with large populations like Nigeria.

In order words, the United Arab Emirates finds it easier to share it's wealth BECAUSE of its small population. If they tried to have a larger population they will end up being just as destitute and wretched as Nigeria is.

Maybe you should go back to your school and ask for a refund of all your tuition fees because you only went their to waste your parents money and waste your lecturers' time.

flashlink:

You are the one that's actually behaving clueless; yes, Brazil has more land mass, but they still have more than enough resources. The deforestation and ecological damages are being caused by the human beings there, it doesn't affect the abundance of resources they still have...I just don't understand why majority of people are the ones who are always delude and think they are correct, don't you get it?
Look at United Arab Emirates, a country founded on a desert; if that place was still a desert today and I told you that that desert will harbour millions of people and be able to cater for them, I'm sure this senseless thing you wrote is what you would reply me with.
You people should use your God-given brains for once and stop depending on propagandist bodies with their own agendas to tell you things, research for yourself, ALL the facts are around you, just combine all the information you have on different states concerning resources and others, once you use your head for once, you'll discover what's been in front of you all this while
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by lordizak(m): 9:00am On Apr 20, 2019
flashlink:

All those don't remotely contribute to overpopulation; and as for resources, the resources in Nigeria is more than enough to feed over 2billion people when properly managed and used in production of other amenities to make life easier.
The 55% of unused land could be scattered across different locations in the country which could be used for farmlands, industries and so many other things; all that is needed are prudent leaders that plan well
Pls go and check the definition.
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 9:49am On Apr 20, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
Oh my god. We have truly scraped the bottom of the intellectual barrel in this country.

So by your peanut sized mental calculations, there is no correlation between Brazil's huge land mass and its ability to sustain its population?

The United Arab Emirates is actually a resource rich confederation of semi-independent states whose small population of less than 10 million enables an easy redistribution of the country's oil wealth. This is something that is practically impossible in countries with large populations like Nigeria.

In order words, the United Arab Emirates finds it easier to share it's wealth BECAUSE of its small population. If they tried to have a larger population they will end up being just as destitute and wretched as Nigeria is.

Maybe you should go back to your school and ask for a refund of all your tuition fees because you only went their to waste your parents money and waste your lecturers' time.

You are absolutely wrong!
The UAE has better management capabilities not because of the small population, but because of good leadership which Nigeria is really lacking. By the way, would you know if they had oil resources if they were still like a desert? Now you're using hindsight...please use your brain.
Even if they add 50million to their population, they will still be stable because they manage, distribute well and have good leaders who don't care solely for their stomachs.
I just weep for the ignorant sheeple that have been taught lies both in school and in media by propagandist agencies like world bank, WHO, IMF and the likes...
Not everything that is taught in school is true, a lot are lies...that's why God gave you a brain to use your common sense and thinking faculty to deduce the ones that are genuine and those that are lies meant for different purposes. It is only a FOOL that will take everything taught to him/her at school as the truth, unfortunately, this country/world has more of them.
Like I said before, use your brain
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2019
lordizak:

Pls go and check the definition.
You don't even understand what you wrote, please go and do more self education on the matter
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by VonScott(m): 9:59am On Apr 20, 2019
overpopulation to resources ratio and other bullsh1t.

The problem is that we have very low quality human beings that keep producing even lower quality trash at alarming rates too.
That's why we have kleptocrats running govt, 20,000 underage edo prostitutes in Mali (for that matter), flat.heads running drugs like its going out of fashion, crossing Libya to europe, boko haram, herdsmen, NPF and SARS....

Then we way our society celebrates ill gotten wealth...#spits

who did dis to US.

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Khaleell001(m): 10:55am On Apr 20, 2019
greenmonk:

I don't know if you understand the meaning of resources.
The land mass of Brazil is nearlwten times the size of Nigeria. Educate yourself properly.
This "enough resources for everyone" mentality is the bane of our economic problems.
I don't understand oga lecturer.

Sometimes the way some of you talk, you to with such certainty as if you can quantify where, how and when these resources will be exhausted.

I personally think we are not even doing enough to utilize what we have and yet some people are here telling us otherwise.
I agree I didn't carry out a though research on Brazil, but that not withstanding. We were rated along side Brazil, Malaysia, Singapore in the 70s ,but today are any where close to these countries?
The metrics for measuring how a nation is successful are heavily tilted in our favour, but the thing still remains that many questions are still begging for answers.

We have far more arable lands and resources to cater for our needs than some of you would want us to believe.
We have many quarry and even cement factories making use of our stones (in Edo state)for many years now, but are really getting enough from it?

Resources or the finite or lack of it has not been our problem, but poor and lack of efficient management.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by HigherEd: 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
flashlink:

All those don't remotely contribute to overpopulation; and as for resources, the resources in Nigeria is more than enough to feed over 2billion people when properly managed and used in production of other amenities to make life easier.
The 55% of unused land could be scattered across different locations in the country which could be used for farmlands, industries and so many other things; all that is needed are prudent leaders that plan well
Overpopulation is mostly an economic concept. What farms would those 7 billion farm? what water would they drink? They would put so much pressure on everything that everything would die out.

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
HigherEd:

Overpopulation is mostly an economic concept. What farms would those 7 billion farm? what water would they drink? They would put so much pressure on everything that everything would die out.
Didn't you see the 55% empty land that will remain?
That's more than enough farmlands for the population. You could use 10% for industries, 10 for farmlands and the remaining 35% for other projects and more infrastructure
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by RTSC: 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
VonScott:
overpopulation to resources ratio and other bullsh1t.

The problem is that we have very low quality human beings that keep producing even lower quality trash at alarming rates too.
That's why we have kleptocrats running govt, 20,000 underage edo prostitutes in Mali (for that matter), flat.heads running drugs like its going out of fashion, crossing Libya to europe, boko haram, herdsmen, NPF and SARS....

Then we way our society celebrates ill gotten wealth...#spits

who did dis to US.
While the cone heads which you are, are saints whose fart smell like roses.

Nice.
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
Overpopulation is not just used in the context of land mass, other considerations like GDP, per capita income are made so leave world bank, IMF out of this. In terms of land mass, Nigeria has more than enough but the standard of living measured through per capita income is below average. It's not world bank's fault that we've been grossly mismanaging our natural and human resources, it's ours. Provided population is in excess of available resources, we're overpopulated. Get your facts right.
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by lordizak(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
flashlink:

You don't even understand what you wrote, please go and do more self education on the matter
I repeat, go and check the meaning of overpopulation... I won't narrow myself to baseless altercations.
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
destinyy23:
Overpopulation is not just used in the context of land mass, other considerations like GDP, per capita income are made so leave world bank, IMF out of this. In terms of land mass, Nigeria has more than enough but the standard of living measured through per capita income is below average. It's not world bank's fault that we've been grossly mismanaging our natural and human resources, it's ours. Provided population is in excess of available resources, we're overpopulated. Get your facts right.
What you're saying (which I agree with) is that Nigeria isn't overpopulated, but our leaders are poor managers and aren't even trying to distribute wealth equally, that one is a manmade problem...our resources are more than enough, we just need good leaders to make the country work as you stated above
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by greenmonk: 1:21am On Apr 23, 2019
Khaleell001:

I don't understand oga lecturer.

Sometimes the way some of you talk, you to with such certainty as if you can quantify where, how and when these resources will be exhausted.

I personally think we are not even doing enough to utilize what we have and yet some people are here telling us otherwise.
I agree I didn't carry out a though research on Brazil, but that not withstanding. We were rated along side Brazil, Malaysia, Singapore in the 70s ,but today are any where close to these countries?
The metrics for measuring how a nation is successful are heavily tilted in our favour, but the thing still remains that many questions are still begging for answers.

We have far more arable lands and resources to cater for our needs than some of you would want us to believe.
We have many quarry and even cement factories making use of our stones (in Edo state)for many years now, but are really getting enough from it?

Resources or the finite or lack of it has not been our problem, but poor and lack of efficient management.
This resources you mentioned are exhaustible, they are finite and they deplete faster as the number of people increases. I agree with you that our resources are not properly managed or harnessed but that does not give the excuse that what we have now is even enough for our current population.
The power being used by the whole of Nigeria is not even enough for only Port Harcourt given its estimated current population of one million persons. What we use for houses is not even fit for poultry in the advanced countries.
If we don't change our policies boko harm would be child's play to what is to come in the near future.
I'm not being pisimistic but I have the gift of foresight but sadly people don't believe me until it's too late to remedy the situation.
As early as 1977 I warned my parents about what would befall our economy but nobody believed me because the economy was booming.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Publicly Denounces Cult, Claims He's Given Life To Christ (Photos) / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources,effurun / Unilag Post Utme Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.