Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria (3034 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / Overpopulation – The Human Explosion Explained / Overpopulation In Nigeria: A Ticking Time Bomb - By Chukwuma Ikeanyichukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria- Demographic facts:
Total area square mile- 356,669km
Estimated world population- 7,000,000,000
Area for a family of 4 (square mile)- 0.00008971
Estimated area for 7billion people (sq. mile)- 156,992.5
Percentage of unused land- 55.98%
Percentage of used land- 45.02%

The facts are:
1. First, let us start by assuming that there are 7billion people in the world today.

2. If the 7billion people should move into Nigeria, a family of 4 persons would comfortably be accommodated within a land area of 2,500 square feet(0.00008971 sq. miles)

Now, imagine a country of just 200million people

The Big Question is:
Where then is the overpopulation?

Overpopulation is at best a scam.

3 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 10:07am On Apr 19, 2019
With respect to scarce resources, it isn't... There's the question of GDP and Purchasing power parity.

8 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2019
LordIsaac:
With respect to scarce resources, it isn't... There's the question of GDP and Purchasing power parity.
All those don't remotely contribute to overpopulation; and as for resources, the resources in Nigeria is more than enough to feed over 2billion people when properly managed and used in production of other amenities to make life easier.
The 55% of unused land could be scattered across different locations in the country which could be used for farmlands, industries and so many other things; all that is needed are prudent leaders that plan well

3 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by TANID(m): 10:56am On Apr 19, 2019
Oh I Like This
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by RTSC: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
Kai
Look at the people I share a country with.

16 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Kingkun69(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
RTSC:
Kai
it is quite sad

17 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Langdon2016: 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
The way people reason these days makes me wonder if I am the only person with a high IQ in this country

8 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by lukui: 1:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
you are right, but what they are saying here is different. they are talking in terms of growth, development and standard of living, take USA for example, they are 300 million or above (even more than Nigeria with 200 million) , but you cant compare their standard of living with our own here in Nigeria in terms of growth and development

so when we talk of overpopulation, like China for example they have started to tap into their human resources, and like India too!!!!

but here in Nigeria we are just plenty but for no benefit. I hope you get the contrast!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by OneKinGuy(m): 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
I made a thread about overpopulation in Nigeria. You can drop yourv point there.
https://www.nairaland.com/5115837/isnt-it-time-nigeria-start
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by rocoh(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
A hoax it is for sure.
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by OneKinGuy(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
lukui:
you are right, but what they are saying here is different. they are talking in terms of growth, development and standard of living, take USA for example, they are 300 million or above (even more than Nigeria with 200 million) , but you cant compare their standard of living with our own here in Nigeria in terms of growth and development

so when we talk of overpopulation, like China for example they have started to tap into their human resources, and like India too!!!!

but here in Nigeria we are just plenty but for no benefit. I hope you get the contrast!!!!
exactly. Take a lot at their land mass for example too. I single state in US is bigger than the whole Nigerian land mass and our population is over 200m while US is 300m and people think things are ok in this country angry

4 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Kingkun69(m): 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2019
Langdon2016:
The way people reason these days makes me wonder if I am the only person with a high IQ in this country
nah they just have really low iqs

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by greenmonk: 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
LordIsaac:
Don't mind the dunce.
Why are people not living in Sahara desert. Even cows understand the meaning of scarce resources and this one that claims to have education could not.
I suggest bokoharam should be legalised and fed with this type of people for population control as we have failed to practise family planning.
What is the land mass of USA compared to their population of about 300 million people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by greenmonk: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
flashlink:
Nigeria- Demographic facts:
Total area square mile- 356,669km
Estimated world population- 7,000,000,000
Area for a family of 4 (square mile)- 0.00008971
Estimated area for 7billion people (sq. mile)- 156,992.5
Percentage of unused land- 55.98%
Percentage of used land- 45.02%

The facts are:
1. First, let us start by assuming that there are 7billion people in the world today.

2. If the 7billion people should move into Nigeria, a family of 4 persons would comfortably be accommodated within a land area of 2,500 square feet(0.00008971 sq. miles)

Now, imagine a country of just 200million people

The Big Question is:
Where then is the overpopulation?

Overpopulation is at best a scam.
This is Ganduje kind of person and the type that people our political landscape.
Nothing upstairs.

7 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
greenmonk:

This is Ganduje kind of person and the type that people our political landscape.
Nothing upstairs.
Seriously...is this your contribution?
You're the one that actually portrays an empty brain; please contribute meaningfully insteadbof spouting nonsense
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
RTSC:
Kai
Please, what's your contribution Mr Einstein?
It's only unintelligent people that make comments like you without adding a reasonable contribution...I hope you're not one of them

2 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2019
Langdon2016:
If you had an iota of IQ, you would have added something reasonable to the worthless comment you made
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Slayar: 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
Guys position yourselves well.Nigeria's population is projected to double by 2050 .Those guys will need food,shelter and clothing.
Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Kyrx(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
Its not just about the space supporting the population, its about,the resources to cater for it.

And of course, those resources are finite in supply, thereby future projections on how to use those scarce resources to support the population are also considered.

Nigeria housing a billion would be a genocide.

2 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by OkunrinOloro: 8:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
Where did this country go wrong? Why do Nigerians always embrace stupidity so sincerely?

3 Likes

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by OkunrinOloro: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
You've said it all. Nigeria is a 21st century example of what Thomas Malthus warned about in the 18th century.

It's amazing how unintelligent the black man is when it comes to understanding how the world works.

Kyrx:
Its not just about the space supporting the population, its about,the resources to cater for it.

And of course, those resources are finite in supply, thereby future projections on how to use those scarce resources to support the population are also considered.

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Khaleell001(m): 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Kyrx:

The earth(our land mass) is wide enough to cater for need,but not for our greed.
Countries like Israel with their arid climate have converted their desert into farm and they are one of the biggest exporters of perishable food to Europe.
We have the resource,the climate and the man power to beat any country up there; but we just lack of sincerity ,laziness in attitude and will and lack of transparent management.

If you say we lack resources, it means you don't really know anything.
Even in my place Edo state, The granite we have alone,is enough to cater for the whole Niger delta IF properly managed.
But you know how we do things in this country.

We are not even taking about coal, zinc, bitumen, iron and many other resources aside farming that can even fetch us more.
Whoever is still saying we lack natural resources is just simply lying through their teeth.

Only farming alone can take us there, but lack of trust, greed, and transparency are some if our major bane.

We have countries with lesser resources doing more.
Brazil is more populated than Nigeria, but it has achieved more with less when compared to Nigeria.

There are many countries we ought to be competing with today,.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
Kyrx:

There is more than enough resources in Nigeria, both the renewable ones and the untapped ones especially in the North; the north has a lot of solid minerals, don't forget that Nigeria isn't really tapping into the gas sector, it's mainly the oil sector.
The resources in Nigeria is more than enough for over 2 billion people...that's the simple truth, anything any politician says is just political and meant for his/her selfish goals; we just need prudent leaders that allocate wisely

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
Khaleell001:

The earth(our land mass) is wide enough to cater for need,but not for our greed.
Countries like Israel with their arid climate have converted their desert into farm and they are one of the biggest exporters of perishable food to Europe.
We have the resource,the climate and the man power to beat any country up there; but we just lack of sincerity ,laziness in attitude and will and lack of transparent management.

Even in my place Edo state, The granite we have alone,is enough to cater for the whole Niger delta IF properly managed.

We are not even taking about coal, zinc, bitumen, iron and many other resources aside farming that can even fetch us more.
Whoever is still saying we lack natural resources is just simply lying through their teeth.

Only farming alone can take us there, but lack of trust, greed, and transparency are some if our major bane.

Brazil is more populated than Nigeria, but it has achieved more with less when compared to Nigeria.

I'm happy you understand; it's sad that majority of Nigerians including the ones on this thread have been brainwashed by the western world and politicians into thinking that the resources are less than enough; if the people on this thread had a little understanding and sense like you, we would have started positively at least...spot on comment!

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by greenmonk: 12:33am On Apr 20, 2019
Khaleell001:

I don't know if you understand the meaning of resources.
The land mass of Brazil is nearlwten times the size of Nigeria. Educate yourself properly.
This "enough resources for everyone" mentality is the bane of our economic problems.

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by Emilokoiyawon: 12:34am On Apr 20, 2019
Overpopulation is not about land mass but about resources. Overpopulation is not a myth, you just don't understand it.

flashlink:

You people are actually the ones who don't understand it. You people have been successfully brainwashed through indoctrination called 'education' into thinking that the resources aren't enough; like I sad before, the resources in Nigeria when harnessed properly and managed well will be more than enough for for more than 2 billion people, that is both solid and mineral resources, not forgetting we have enough manpower.
OVERPOPULATION IS A BIG LIE SOLD TO US JUST LIKE A LOT OF THINGS WHICH SHALLOW MINDS LIKE YOURS WON'T COMPREHEND

You are now changing the theme of your original post. You started by claiming that since there is more than enough land mass for every human on earth, then the concept of overpopulation is mute. Your initial argument was never about resources. So, before you jump on the resources angle, you should first admit your mistake/come clean and apologize for insulting people who are way smarter than you.

Secondly, the fundamental nature (no pun intended) of natural resources is that they are finite. Water scarcity is already a huge problem in many parts of the underdeveloped world. Also when you claim (without any evidence) that Nigeria's solid/mineral resources could support 2 billion people - is that 2 billion people for 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 10 years or for eternity? The fact that you did not include this time frame makes you lose credibility in my book. You still can redeem yourself, if you come clean and show a willingness to learn from your intellectual superiors.

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 3:43am On Apr 20, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
Overpopulation is not about land mass but about resources. Overpopulation is not a myth, you just don't understand it.
You people are actually the ones who don't understand it. You people have been successfully brainwashed through indoctrination called 'education' into thinking that the resources aren't enough; like I sad before, the resources in Nigeria when harnessed properly and managed well will be more than enough for for more than 2 billion people, that is both solid and mineral resources, not forgetting we have enough manpower.
OVERPOPULATION IS A BIG LIE SOLD TO US JUST LIKE A LOT OF THINGS WHICH SHALLOW MINDS LIKE YOURS WON'T COMPREHEND

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 3:52am On Apr 20, 2019
greenmonk:

I don't know if you understand the meaning of resources.
The land mass of Brazil is nearlwten times the size of Nigeria. Educate yourself properly.
This "enough resources for everyone" mentality is the bane of our economic problems.
No, it's not the bane; poor leadership and mismanagement of resources by a powerful few is what is killing this country.
Nigeria's land mass is smaller than that of Brazil but will still be able to accommodate 7 billion people, so how did the bigger countries become overpopulated.
No country on this earth has tapped into 20% of the resources it has embedded in it including China, the resources in Rivers state alone can feed the whole Niger Delta, if rice starts being produced in large quantities in Bayelsa, it will be able to feed the whole of West Africa; and we've not even started talking about oil, gas, tin, coal...even gold and other minerals embedded in the other regions of Nigeria.
My friend, don't be fooled, this country has far far more than enough to survive...even if we reach 1 billion people

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by OkunrinOloro: 7:03am On Apr 20, 2019
Always funny how stupidity loves company and never wants to walk alone.

Brazil's land mass is 7 times that of Nigeria. More than enough to comfortably accommodate their population of 200 million.

Even with that the country is still facing environmental and ecological challenges with deforestation and it's harmful effects.

The way Seun is allowing people to sound off on stupid ideas is getting out of hand on this forum.

flashlink:

I'm happy you understand; it's sad that majority of Nigerians including the ones on this thread have been brainwashed by the western world and politicians into thinking that the resources are less than enough; if the people on this thread had a little understanding and sense like you, we would have started positively at least...spot on comment!

1 Like

Re: Overpopulation Is A Hoax- The Whole World Population Can Fit Into Nigeria by flashlink(m): 7:30am On Apr 20, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

Always funny how stupidity loves company and never wants to walk alone.

Brazil's land mass is 7 times that of Nigeria. More than enough to comfortably accommodate their population of 200 million.

Even with that the country is still facing environmental and ecological challenges with deforestation and it's harmful effects.

The Seun is allowing people to sound off on stupid ideas is getting out of hand on this forum.

You are the one that's actually behaving clueless; yes, Brazil has more land mass, but they still have more than enough resources. The deforestation and ecological damages are being caused by the human beings there, it doesn't affect the abundance of resources they still have...I just don't understand why majority of people are the ones who are always delude and think they are correct, don't you get it?
Look at United Arab Emirates, a country founded on a desert; if that place was still a desert today and I told you that that desert will harbour millions of people and be able to cater for them, I'm sure this senseless thing you wrote is what you would reply me with.
You people should use your God-given brains for once and stop depending on propagandist bodies with their own agendas to tell you things, research for yourself, ALL the facts are around you, just combine all the information you have on different states concerning resources and others, once you use your head for once, you'll discover what's been in front of you all this while

(1) (2) (Reply)

2k For Whoever Can Solve This Asap / Federal University Of Technology, Minna. / Language As A Dissonance In Communication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.