Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

My Encounter With The Police (SPACS) And PCRRU Ineptness - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With The Police (SPACS) And PCRRU Ineptness (663 Views)

Has Anyone Successfully Reported A Police Officer To The PCRRU? / PCRRU: See The States That Recorded The Most Complaints About Police Harassment / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With The Police (SPACS) And PCRRU Ineptness by XXLDICK(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
First, I need to put a fact straight, Kolade Johnson wasn't killed by SARS, but by SPACS.
SARS - Special Anti-Robbery Squad
SPACS - Special Anti-Cultism Squad.
There's also Special Anti-Kidnapping Squad. These special forces are part of the NPF and they do not have their names or police number on their uniforms. They are most times in Muftis so they are hardly traceable hence the reason for their numerous crimes...

My encounter with this SPACS responsible for the death of Kolade Johnson was a very pitiful one and was the worst 24 hours of my life and it almost broke my spirit. On a Friday (1/3/2019) around 10PM, I was hungry and decided to step out to get something to eat, at my junction, about four men in mufti approached me, brought out a handcuff and told me I was under arrest. I asked for what, they asked me to keep shut and obey. Despite not being able to identity them as police officers, I decided to obey because I knew I couldn't successfully fight four men whether kidnappers or police... They handcuffed me with my hands behind my back and dragged me by the handcuffs which caused serious bruises on my wrists by the fetters. I could have being dragged by my hand or asked to walk because I didn't resist arrest, but they chose to be deliberately despicable.
I was dragged to a nearby hotel where I was beaten mercilessly with my hands handcuffed behind me so I couldn't block any of the punches while they landed freely and heavily on my face. A man that knows me and saw when I was being dragged came and asked one of the officers what was happening, he replied, 'we are on an operation and performing our duty' and asked him to leave. Fortunately, many people that knew me got information of the happenings and came around and I got released probably due to their pressure. I took a picture of their patrol van for evidence sake because they were not in uniform so I couldn't get their ID's.

When I got home, I called PCRRU and I was asked to send everything on WhatsApp, I did so.
The next day, after not getting a positive reply from PCRRU, I decided to go to Anambra state command to report the case. When I got there, the police officers at the reception/entrance asked me why I came, after narrating my story to them, they blamed me for being outside my house by 10pm saying once it's 9pm, I should be in my house. I asked when the Government declare a curfew I'm not aware of, they got vexed and asked me to leave, I left. Okay, I decided to call PCRRU again, after narrating my story, he started accusing me of lying, saying no police officer can arrest people randomly and worst of all beat me that I must have committed a crime, I asked him if I committed a crime, why would I call PCRRU, he kept insisting on the fact that I must have committed a crime; he had passed his judgement already. I decided to hangup and call again because most likely, someone else would answer the call, hopefully someone less biased and more sensible. Okay, I called many times, I made sure I kept calling till I got something positive because I was desperate for justice. I kept calling to the extent that whenever they pick my call and I state that it is "Chibuike from Anambra again," I would always hear murmurs in the background. One the PCRRU agents that spoke to me said they can not do anything except I get the IDs of the police officers involved, he advised I go to the division where they came from and meet a senior officer there to give me their details and I foolishly chose to do as advised.

When I got to the division, I met the DPO and I told the DPO all that transpired, he got angry and threatened to deal with me for having the effrontery to call PCRRU. He asked the officers to detain me, I was stripped to my underpants and taken to the cell. The cell is an average bedroom size with more than 40 people there, it lacked ventilation because it had just a small window and the entrance door, it had a pit toilet in the same room; not a separate room. The toilet was blocked so excreta piled up in the room, the cell smelt so bad, the hot and bad smelling air got trapped due to lack of ventilation, I almost suffocated. I was beaten by the inmates which is what they do to new inmates. I had to promise them money so I wasn't beaten severely. I was there for about four hours, I almost got dehydrated because of my excessive perspiration.

The DPO asked his officers to take me to my house and search everywhere for anything incriminating. I was taken to my house in handcuffs and accompanied by about 8 officers holding large guns, I was treated like a criminal in the league of Anini, Shina Rambo and the likes. My house was searched without a legal search warrant. Nothing incriminating was found. I was taken back to the station and asked to write an undertaking that I will never harass or obstruct police officers from doing their duty. I never did any of those but I had to write the undertaking because they said if I refuse to write it, I'd be taken back to the cell... I got bailed by my friend.

When I got home, I called PCRRU again and narrated my escapade, they did nothing... I kept calling because I was desperate for justice still nothing. The last called I made to them, the person on the other end of the line said they can't do anything until I get the IDs of the officers despite giving them the name of the division and being able to recognize them but they said I should get their names and police numbers. Okay, I told them the DPO too is a culprit and he is CSP Bassey no police number because he isn't a rank and file. They kept asking me to provide the names and numbers of the police officers that harassed me not the DPO, probably the DPO has immunity... Despite narrating my ordeal that I got detained for going there to ask for the officers names and numbers, they kept asking me to go back there and get the officers IDs else, they can't do anything.

I had to relocate from my apartment for my safety and I lost hope in the NPF. It needs a complete overhaul.

The police Division responsible for this:
Special Anti-Cultism Squad, Enugu-Ukwu, Anambra state.

I was given a tracking number by PCRRU for my case:
CRU888072

In Amawbia those SPACS officers are notorious for picking young guys randomly and labelling them cultists, they get them detained and can only be bailed for N20,000 and above.
In the cell, the president has been there for 3 months despite Nigerian law stating one shouldn't be detained for more than 48 hours.
Re: My Encounter With The Police (SPACS) And PCRRU Ineptness by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
Jesus. See epistle

Funny op.
What do you expect
You go report to thief say why he go thief 10,000 from you
When be say na the money wey you wan take complete the 300k wey dey house.
Of course he will come for more
The people at ppwhatever are policemen too
And they act like cultists
So be calm,rant on social media and move on
Make you no go follow all these e warriors wey ho dey shout I know my rights upandan
If them see police dem dey turn to waterleaf.

Reminds me of when I was still a banker
A customer reported me to customer care for not giving her a loan.
She was bragging that I'll be fired.
Customer care called me and I explained. They told madam sorry ma we will work on it. Evening me and customer care agent dey bar dey cancel pepper soup and Andre.
Turned out he was my brother.....lol
Re: My Encounter With The Police (SPACS) And PCRRU Ineptness by blackboy(m): 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
Write to IGP cc as many as copiyable.
Re: My Encounter With The Police (SPACS) And PCRRU Ineptness by XXLDICK(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2019
Shibaraba:
Jesus. See epistle

Funny op.
What do you expect
You go report to thief say why he go thief 10,000 from you
When be say na the money wey you wan take complete the 300k wey dey house.
Of course he will come for more
The people at ppwhatever are policemen too
And they act like cultists
So be calm,rant on social media and move on
Make you no go follow all these e warriors wey ho dey shout I know my rights upandan
If them see police dem dey turn to waterleaf.

Reminds me of when I was still a banker
A customer reported me to customer care for not giving her a loan.
She was bragging that I'll be fired.
Customer care called me and I explained. They told madam sorry ma we will work on it. Evening me and customer care agent dey bar dey cancel pepper soup and Andre.
Turned out he was my brother.....lol
Hahaha... I swear, I give up on Naija.
Re: My Encounter With The Police (SPACS) And PCRRU Ineptness by XXLDICK(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2019
blackboy:
Write to IGP cc as many as copiyable.
Do you have the addresses?
Re: My Encounter With The Police (SPACS) And PCRRU Ineptness by XXLDICK(m): 6:13pm On May 06, 2021
Wow! People are saying PCRRU works. What a joke.

(1) (Reply)

Man Killed His Mother Over Witch Allegation (graphics Photos) / Blogger Interrogated By The US Secret Service Over Joke. [photos] / Gunmen Kidnap All Passengers In A Bus In Rivers State; Kill Bus Driver (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.