Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab (13649 Views)

CAF Withdraws AFCON 2019 Hosting Rights From Cameroon / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by amakenny: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
Oma307:
I smell corruption was the reason why my dear country was not picked. well, every sector of Nigeria is deeply corrupt. to me, after education sector which I see as the most corrupt in Nigeria, and will pick the glass house of football as the next corrupt sector in Nigeria without any anti-corrupt agencies to checkmate their affairs

And there is no way corruption can be dropped in Nigeria under the present worse form of unitary governance where a few politicians form govt in Abuja, collect revenues from all over Nigeria, share to states and local government councils.

Buhari deceives Nigerians with fight against corruption song, but refuses restructuring of the political process to minimize corrupt practices.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2019
It is not a must Nigerian referees must be picked. Other countries with more qualified referees were also snubbed. So why the fuss?
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by starbn(m): 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
AfoltundeOG:
Igbo people tarnished and killed our country image worldwide cry

wasted sperm
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by SamOyovwi: 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ona get oil Abi Na palm oil you dey talk
amakenny:

But Igbo people have been asking to leave Nigeria in peace manner, after three years most brutal civil war in recent history, you still blackmail Igbo people to remain with you in the most dysfunctional country on earth called Nigeria, because of crude oil, because you don't understand that crude oil is not all there is for a country to survive on.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by sapele914(m): 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
SilasNwude:
Buhari have destroyed this country
It is true,he made you and your entire family useless and worthless to the Nigerian and international society. Lazy Peacock.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by sapele914(m): 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
amakenny:

And there is no way corruption can be dropped in Nigeria under the present worse form of unitary governance wherre a few politicians form govt in Abuja, collect revenues from all over Nigeria, share to states and local government councils.

Buhari deceives Nigerians with fight against corruption song, but refuses restructuring of the political process to minimize corrupt practices.
Dullard don’t you have a mind of your own?,all these old rhetoric talk Buhari these,Buhari that,democracy was here before President Buhari it will still be here after he leaves in 2023,so there is no way the President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria is responsible for you been a Failure.

Go and blame the people that gave birth to a miserable being like yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by gentlezypher: 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lamasta:
The most cancerous thing on earth after Racism is Tribalism and Ethnicity.
What donyou guys gain in all this
AfoltundeOG:
Lamasta:
The most cancerous thing on earth after Racism is Tribalism and Ethnicity.
What donyou guys gain in all this

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Heffe: 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
Later now all DOS dundees will be screaming yahoo boys upandan,Shebi na yahoo boys course this one too? Our so called leaders have damage we country beyound repair,it can only be Gods grace to revive this country...make no mistake,I'm not a G or support their activities
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by sapele914(m): 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
amakenny:

But Igbo people have been asking to leave Nigeria in peace manner, after three years most brutal civil war in recent history, you still blackmail Igbo people to remain with you in the most dysfunctional country on earth called Nigeria, because of crude oil, because you don't understand that crude oil is not all there is for a country to survive on.
Who has held you cowards back,where can you go to?you have no other country but Nigeria,those that have dual citizenship have left the country ages ago,if they felt for it,which is a very few,because they know opportunities abound in Nigeria,people like you will suffer in Nigeria because you have no were to go,sorry to tell you if you don’t know of all the regions the Eastern part of Nigeria contributes lowest to Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by sapele914(m): 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2019
Heffe:
Later now all DOS dundees will be screaming yahoo boys upandan,Shebi na yahoo boys course this one too? Our so called leaders have damage we country beyound repair,it can only be Gods grace to revive this country...make no mistake,I'm not a G or support their activities
Is it the leaders that made the people corrupt,or the leaders are just a reflection of the corrupt people they represent?,I believe Christ said it best “A bad tree will never yield good fruits”.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by folahan30(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2019
like INEC like naija Referee
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Yankee101: 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2019
Build your own rival firm
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
amakenny:

And there is no way corruption can be dropped in Nigeria under the present worse form of unitary governance where a few politicians form govt in Abuja, collect revenues from all over Nigeria, share to states and local government councils.

I will keep reiterating it again that the most corrupt government I have ever witness is this present government which they have make the media handicap not to expose their atrocities against the mass looting unlike the previous government under Jonathan where the medias were openly criticizing his government. the Nigeria I hope for is to be corruption free at least to some extent
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Possican(m): 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
slowpoke
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
iuwe:
It is not a must Nigerian referees must be picked. Other countries with more qualified referees were also snubbed. So why the fuss?
e tire person last world cup no England referee was dee heaven no fall...between this one no mean say Nigeria no get better referees abi dem wan tel us say Benin Republic referee better pass us or Mali Own....sometimes it has to do with politics of d sports...Caf has for long been dominated by north Africans...and Francophones countries...so does that means no good administrator else wee
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
e tire person last world cup no England referee was dee heaven no fall...between this one no mean say Nigeria no get better referees abi dem wan tel us say Benin Republic referee better pass us or Mali Own....sometimes it has to do with politics of d sports...Caf has for long been dominated by north Africans...and Francophones countries...so does that means no good administrator else wee
I didn't say Benin republic or Malian referee are better than Nigerians. I said other countries with more qualified and experienced referee like S.A and Co were also not picked.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by searchlight: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
AfoltundeOG:
yes and let's join hand and support their secession so that the zoo will rise again.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by searchlight: 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
kolafolabi:
That's one of the effects of home team must win..
lolssss bro I couldn't agree more. sense no go keee u man
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Judybash93(m): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
AfoltundeOG:

Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Emotionss: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
AfoltundeOG:

You people should then give them their biafra so that they can go and be tarnishing biafra image
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by akoladejacob: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
this shows Nigerian refs need to work hard in dignity
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
iuwe:

I didn't say Benin republic or Malian referee are better than Nigerians. I said other countries with more qualified and experienced referee like S.A and Co were also not picked.
we are on d same page brother...
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by naijajobx: 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
Oh
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by SexytorresE(f): 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
Not surprised
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by kafulka(m): 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
iuwe:

Giant of Africa.... Lol
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Vallter192(m): 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
And We don't have a qualified Nigerian referee

Sportdab:
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have announced a 27-man list of the initial referees chosen to officiate the 2019 AFCON, which included three Egyptians, MySportDab reports.

The 2019 African Cup of Nations is set to take place in Egypt between June 21 and July 19.

The list of referees saw the presence of 20 different nationalities from across the continent, with referees like Mostafa Gharbal and Bacary Gassama making the cut.

Three referees from host country also made the list, namely Gehad Grisha, Mahmoud El-Banna, and Amin Omar.

Grisha have officiated in the last four AFCONS, as well as the 2018 World Cup, when he took charge of the England vs Panama game in the group-stages.

On the other hand, Amin Omar and El-Banna have never had the chance to officiate in any major tournaments and the 2019 AFCON could be their first-ever one.

Once again Nigerian referees will not whistle at the Africa Cup of Nations as it followed a decade long tradition of Nigerian referees missing out on FIFA and CAF tournaments.

Full List Of Referees:

Mostafa Gharbal (Algeria),

Helder Martinez (Angola),

Joshua Bondo , Pacifique Ndabihawenimana (Botswana),

Aliom Aliom (Cameroon),

Gianni Sikazowi (Zambia)

Gehad Grisha, Mahmoud El-Banna, Amin Omar (Egypt),

Bacary Gassama (Gambia),

Daniel Laria (Ghana),

Peter Waweru (Kenya),

Mamadou Keita (Mali),

See full;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/04/afcon-2019-caf-releases-full-list-of.html

Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by abujacomputertu: 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria Referees will try better next time.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by rexwalters: 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2019
Oma307:

I will keep reiterating it again that the most corrupt government I have ever witness is this present government which they have make the media handicap not to expose their atrocities against the mass looting unlike the previous government under Jonathan where the medias were openly criticizing his government. the Nigeria I hope for is to be corruption free at least to some extent
Dreamer,he who alleges must prove,please go somewhere and shut up till 2023.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by rexwalters: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
abujacomputertu:
Nigeria Referees will try better next time.
Go back and research and find out when last a Nigerian was invited to referee at the Nation's Cup,probably close to 10 years. But the blind rodents will choose to accuse Apc and President Buhari.
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
rexwalters:
Dreamer,he who alleges must prove,please go somewhere and shut up till 2023.
the truth is always better. I don't support any party, all I want is a better Nigeria irrespective of any region, tribe, ethnic or religion the leaders are from
Re: AFCON 2019: CAF Releases Full List Of Referees, Nigeria Snubbed - MySportDab by yusuftames(m): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2019
SilasNwude:
Buhari have destroyed this country
it's you people Igbo tarnish the good image of Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Makes African Player Of The Year Final Shortlist / Senegal 1-0 Benin: Mane Assists Gueye To Lift Their Side Into AFCON Semi-finals / Fifa President Infantino To Visit Nigeria On Sunday, 24th July 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.