Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) (5185 Views)

39-Year-Old Woman Kneels To Serve 19-Year-Old Husband She Just Married / 'You Are Heartless If You Upload Your Dead Friend Pics To Wish "RIP" - Lady Says / Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Husband's Best Friend (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Ishilove: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
A teenager who is engaged to his best friend's mother has said he 'can't wait to marry her' despite being more than two decades her junior.

Chase Gabbard, 18, met mother-of-three Jaimee Brown, 39, when he was 11 and became best friends's with her son Jaice, now 16.

The pair, from Corbin, Kentucky, spent years getting to know one another, and became closer from 2013 after they began jogging together to help Jaimee lose weight

Within a year Jaimee had shed more than 100lbs (7st2lbs), but it wasn't until Chase turned 18 that he realized he was attracted to his best friend's mother and kissed her.

Shocked by their attraction to one another with their 21-year age gap, the pair began dating and found they had more in common than not - and they even claim that Jaice is happy for them.

Jaimee, a claims agent, said: 'I had no idea about Chase or my feelings before he kissed me. It was a total shock, but since then we have been inseparable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6902303/amp/Handyman-18-ENGAGED-best-friends-mother-39.html

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by faithfull18(f): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
OK, just tell us she got engaged to her son. In Africa, my son's friend is my son too but hmmn, whites and crazy stuffs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Ishilove: 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2019
Chase has been best friends with Jaice since he was 11, bonding over video games.

'I don't think you can put a time limit on love, if you know you know.

'I have to wait for my divorce to come through, but we have already planned our beautiful wedding and written our own vows.'

Chase cannot pinpoint when his feelings for Jaimee turned from friendly to romantic, but took a 'gamble' weeks after turning 18 when he kissed her.

Chase proposed after two-months and claims he's since asked Jaimee to marry him up to 300 more times - nearly once a day.

His proposals have ranged from popping the question in a relaxed way to having 'Marry Me' written on a hot sauce packet.

Chase, a handyman, said: 'I love Jaimee's personality, I knew I wanted to marry her straight away.

'There are so many things I like about her. She has a great sense of humour, she stops me from being lazy, and there are so many other things.'

Despite their mothers initially struggling with the relationship - as Jaimee went to school with Chase's mother - they have now given their blessing.

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Tallesty1(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
Her stomach alone is bigger than her husband

5 Likes

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Vulcanheph(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
Even before I opened the thread I just knew it was oyibo people.... This kind rubbish no fit happen for naija.

5 Likes

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
All hail the king of the jews..

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Ishilove: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
The couple admit they have been confused for mother and son, but believe this is part of being in an age gap relationship, but apart from that they've had a positive experience.

Now the whole family hang out together, with the couple even going on double-dates with oldest son Jaice, who is one of their biggest supporters.

Jaimee said: 'We hold hands and kiss one another on the forehead, nothing inappropriate. We're just a regular couple.

'Nobody has openly said anything. We may get a funny look sometimes or "Can you ask your mom something?".

'It's to be expected, I understand. I'm nearly the same age as his mother, but as far as people saying anything negative it hasn't happened.'

'He is my son's best friend and I went to school with his mother.

'There was friction, but now she doesn't seem to care and is a lot more supportive now.

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Lordvaryx: 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
A typical Nigerian guy won't even find it comfortable to see his friend smile suspiciously toward his sister, Let alone marry his mother.

These people truly have their own ways of reasoning.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Ishilove: 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
Chase (pictured with Jaimee) proposed after two-months and claims he has asked her to marry him up to 300 more times - nearly once a day in a variety of different ways

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Ishilove: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
1) Jaimee during her younger years, between the ages of 11 and 12

2) Jaimee during her younger years, at the age of 17 around the same age as Chase is currently,

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by adebayo201: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
His parent has given them their blessings. What else please?? Happy Married Life bro.

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Ishilove: 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2019
Chase says- I can see that being a concern of any parent, but I guess any relationship is a gamble - whether it's same age, same sex, different ages or anything.

Part of joining the family has required Chase to embrace the role of stepfather to Jaimee's three children - where he walks the line between friend and disciplinarian.

But Jaice said he and chase are still 'best friends' - despite Chase now technically being his stepdad.

Jaice said: 'We are still best friends, because we still hang out, have fun and play video games together. Just like we did before.

'They were happy so that's all that mattered. They are a cute couple.'

Chase added: 'Thankfully it hasn't affected Jaime and I as best friends really. I don't think we could stop being friends, we are just so close.

I'm at the point where I don't care what anyone else says or thinks, as long as we are happy that's all that matters.'

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Ishilove: 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2019
*sigh*

White people... This is what happens when they take those ghastly "I _shagged your mama" jokes too far.

This will prolly be their convo going forward-

Chase: Yo, Jaicee!

Jaicee: What??

Chase: (leering) Guess what your mama and I did last night? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by sacx: 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
Chase is just a misguided teen whose innocence is being exploited by his friend's hippo-looking mother. Somebody help me with that 'local man is disgusted meme. *spits angry

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by aanuoluwami14(f): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Uyi168: 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
And the woman is not even Beautiful..

3 Likes

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by xynerise: 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
This is disgusting na sad

The guy was just manipulated at that tender age by this woman. Both of them look mentally unstable though

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Vyolet(f): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
They will still divorce before he clocks 22.
That's their family problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by KevinDein: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
Give it time, him eye go clear. At the moment, he's probably one of those betas who's finding it hard to get hot girls his age.

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by falcon01: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
am pretty sure her mum f*cked his mother and gave birth to the woman
Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by lilmax(m): 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
this person that opened the thread, whatever your name is

the TITLE is enough, no one cares about the rest crap written there
Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Uyi168: 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
sacx:
Chase is just a misguided teen whose innocence is being exploited by his friend's hippo-looking mother. Somebody help me with that 'local man is disgusted meme. *spits angry
..here sire..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
Oshi rata marayo, iranu abasha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by budaatum: 3:26am On Apr 20, 2019
Lordvaryx:
A typical Nigerian guy won't even find it comfortable to see his friend smile suspiciously toward his sister, Let alone marry his mother.

These people truly have their own ways of reasoning.
Imagine! Kissing a friends mother! It's not unusual though. Not unusual at all, but they wouldn't be marrying, and you definitely don't let your friend know!
Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by sleemoon(m): 7:29am On Apr 20, 2019
Nothing wey eyes no go see for dis world.... Try dis with my mum nd u a goner..

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Chubhie: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2019
Love is a beautiful thing.
Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by dreamwords: 8:24am On Apr 20, 2019
White boys
Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by KingLennon(m): 8:31am On Apr 20, 2019
Chubhie:
Love is a beautiful thing.
In this situation Love is Ugly o. Which kind marriage be this?

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Ishilove: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2019
lilmax:
this person that opened the thread, whatever your name is

the TITLE is enough,no one I don't care cares about the rest crap written there
Corrected. Stop projecting your inability to read beyond a tweet to every internet user.

4 Likes

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Dacronym(m): 10:40am On Apr 20, 2019
Uyi168:
And the woman is not even Beautiful..
Keep Quiet there! Stop all these Nonsense, which one Can you Create?
Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 20, 2019
Chase or whatever his name is,I believe is suffering 4rm low self esteem,because d woman does not seem attractive to me

1 Like

Re: 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics) by Dacronym(m): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2019
White People are The true definition of Evolution
I hope to relocate there Soon and Live a Truly happy, Free Life #liveandletlive ✌️❤️

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please, My Good People I Need Sewing Machine / Is There Anything As A ‘christian Girl’ In A Relationship? / If You Found Out, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.