Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility (1282 Views)

My Senior Colleague And His Wife's Messy Marital Life. Things Are Happening / Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri / Marital War: You Are My Girlfriend, Not Wife – Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by seguntijan(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2019
Good evening guys, I was having a chat with my friends and senior colleagues today about marital responsibility and their view shocked me.

My friend said it is a MUST his wife contribute to the family finances, in fact he said he only take care of the HOUSE RENT(with associated bills) and his sons school fees while his wife takes care of the sons clothing and the whole family feeding (Except during festivals, birthdays that he dropmoney for feeding), My senior colleagues also said the same thing applies to him that in fact it's been 4 years ago that he dropped feeding money at home.

I also have a female colleague that support the idea, that she has to take up one or two responsibility at home to ease the stress on her husband.

My father always told me before his demise that what make you a man is the responsibilities you shoulder on, in fact there's a man in my area that doesn't eat his wife food if he's not the one that dropped the money.

Now my question is

1. How will a man accept to share the responsibility of Food, clothing and shelter with his wife?

2. How will a "man" sit down his fiancee and started sharing responsibilities when he's supposed to be the "provider"?

3. Considering the current economic situation, is it feasible to hold on to this mentality?

4. If not how should an intending couple go about it?

4 Likes

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by yemobrown(m): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hmm
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
if your partner has a JOB, then OF COURSE she must contribute... what other important family needs does she want to spend her own money on? Gucci bags and Brazilian hair, abi?

4 Likes

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by babythug(f): 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
It works differently per couple! Important thing is to find your rhythm and determine what best suits you as a couple!

For some they split all bills equally and some the man does all and woman contributes when there a a short fall.

The bulk of responsibility however falls largely on the man culturally and religion wise!

1 Like

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Vyolet(f): 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
They should contribute a certain percentage of their monthly income depending on who earns more, combine it and use it to sort home expenses for the month.

As for feeding, I don't understand how a man will be comfortable eating the food his wife provides, so after paying rent, he will be comfortable to leave other house expenses to the wife. The cost of running the home in a month is even more than the annual rent.
That man take style stingy.

5 Likes

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by LordKO(m): 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
Where altruism and conscientiousness are the bond that holds a couple together, I don't see how and why they should be "sharing responsibility" rather than each volitionally and joyfully giving and putting his or her best at any given time, regardless of whether or not the other half has any material thing to contribute.

Husband and wife are neither business partners, competitors, frenemies, enemies nor boss/servant. I don't see marriage where there's no oneness and, of course, there can't be oneness where there's no altruism and conscientiousness.

One who believes in marriage but doesn't believe in oneness of husband and wife, in both word and deed, is an enemy of the sacred institution.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Oluromantic: 11:57pm On Apr 19, 2019
You must be very bush oh op. So you would be comfortable with a wife not contributing anything at all. Which world are you living in? Even if u have all the millions, your wife shd know the value of money no matter how little. A normal n sane woman would definitely feel ashamed of being a liability for Gods sake. Shey na this culture weh husband family go come chase d wife away when husband die na him she no go hustle her part join? The western culture weh we all dey copy sef no dey do that kyn thing abi Which country u wan take ur own resemble.

1 Like

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 20, 2019
For some men it is 50-50.
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by eyinjuege: 6:43am On Apr 20, 2019
The reality in Nigeria for most families.
I'm sure you're not married yet, so dont be too judgemental till you get married and have a family of your own.
You'll be surprised at the number of families where the women are even the sole breadwinners with the husbands jobless for years
Na so life be.
I'm sure many women will be happy if their husbands can financially provide for everything in the home because he's making enough to do that, but again LIFE happens to everybody..

1 Like

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 20, 2019
LordKO:
Where altruism and conscientiousness are the bond that holds a couple together, I don't see how and why they should be "sharing responsibility" rather than each volitionally and joyfully giving and putting his or her best at any given time, regardless of whether or not the other half has any material thing to contribute.

Husband and wife are neither business partners, competitors, frenemies, enemies nor boss/servant. I don't see marriage where there's no oneness and, of course, there can't be oneness where there's no altruism and conscientiousness.

One who believes in marriage but doesn't believe in oneness of husband and wife, in both word and deed, is an enemy of the sacred institution.

God bless you.

7 Likes

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Chubhie: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2019
Just like in a football team, There are defenders, midfielders and strikers who are innately endowed to thrive in their primary positions. Then, there are the utility players who go and give beyond the given.

As manager, your task is to first spot her talents and how she fits into your overall plans and then give her the tactical freedom needed to execute her talents.

Mourinho adopts the rigid ways of our ancestors to achieve his goals while Pep follows the changing times and gives freedom and trust to his players.

It all boils down to the raw materials you were able to spot and how well you use them. Times have changed and many women bring much more into the table now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by ImaIma1(f): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2019
Depends on their income and their agreement. They are husband and wife. So they are supposed to communicate and come to an agreement.
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
the wife has to submit everything she earns to me or i will not allow her to work and me go love am with tin i earn too.

1 Like

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 21, 2019
Theglobalman:
the wife has to submit everything she earns to me or i will not allow her to work.

you be correct alpha man

2 Likes

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by ednut1(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2019
Theglobalman:
the wife has to submit everything she earns to me or i will not allow her to work.
oh she be slave ba
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Chubhie: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2019
Theglobalman:

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
ednut1:
oh she be slave ba

slave for submitting to me?

1 Like

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
[quote author=Chubhie post=77723252][/quote]

total submission or no marriage because me i go give her complete love

1 Like

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by bukatyne(f): 7:49am On Apr 22, 2019
seguntijan:
Good evening guys, I was having a chat with my friends and senior colleagues today about marital responsibility and their view shocked me.

My friend said it is a MUST his wife contribute to the family finances, in fact he said he only take care of the HOUSE RENT(with associated bills) and his sons school fees while his wife takes care of the sons clothing and the whole family feeding (Except during festivals, birthdays that he dropmoney for feeding), My senior colleagues also said the same thing applies to him that in fact it's been 4 years ago that he dropped feeding money at home.

I also have a female colleague that support the idea, that she has to take up one or two responsibility at home to ease the stress on her husband.

My father always told me before his demise that what make you a man is the responsibilities you shoulder on, in fact there's a man in my area that doesn't eat his wife food if he's not the one that dropped the money.

Now my question is

1. How will a man accept to share the responsibility of Food, clothing and shelter with his wife?

2. How will a "man" sit down his fiancee and started sharing responsibilities when he's supposed to be the "provider"?

3. Considering the current economic situation, is it feasible to hold on to this mentality?

4. If not how should an intending couple go about it?

How are the house chores done?

1 Like

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
bukatyne:

How are the house chores done?
Thank you for this. If we split bills, we'll split chores.
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Oluromantic:
You must be very bush oh op. So you would be comfortable with a wife not contributing anything at all. Which world are you living in? Even if u have all the millions, your wife shd know the value of money no matter how little. A normal n sane woman would definitely feel ashamed of being a liability for Gods sake. Shey na this culture weh husband family go come chase d wife away when husband die na him she no go hustle her part join? The western culture weh we all dey copy sef no dey do that kyn thing abi Which country u wan take ur own resemble.
Hope you also contribute your own quater in house chorse?
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Oluromantic: 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
gloria34:
Hope you also contribute your own quater in house chorse?
So that's ur condition for taking responsibility as wife?
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
Oluromantic:

So that's ur condition for taking responsibility as wife?
I will support my husband the way i see fit but the minute he decides to cut out my own share for me, he should also know i will cut out his share of house chore. Every girl Cant be the same, we Cant have same taste. This is what i want and if he Cant do it, JAKPA. I'm sure you will find a girl that will share equal billings with you and still do everything at home, they many.
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Oluromantic: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
gloria34:
I will support my husband the way i see fit but the minute he decides to cut out my now share for me, he should also know i will but out his share of house chore. Every girl Cant be the same, we Cant have same taste. This is what i want and if he Cant do it, JAKPA. I'm sure you will find a girl that will share equal billings with you and still do everything at home, they many.
Have your way d way it seem fit to you. What's my own.
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by abimic(m): 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
gloria34:
Thank you for this. If we split bills, we'll split chores.
Pre determining to split bills doesn't build a good home, knowing when to help the other is the key to a Happy home. Some women are so hell bent on allowing the man foot all her bills no financial assistance whatsoever to assist the man, claiming he's the husband forgetting you can't reap where you didn't sow. Knowing when to help your partner without been told can only bring about partners proud of each other anyday anytime. That the man foots all bills doesn't mean he's otedola but he loves his family and can't watch anything go wrong, so it's incumbent on a sensible woman to know when to draw a thick line between wickedness and been told. All hands must be on deck to help the other, that way the home grows exponentially in love, wealth and Grace. Remember some men don't like telling their wives help me financially with something, so a sensible wife should know when to foot some bills even without drawing her husband attention to it. House chores are sweet when you marry a loving partner.

1 Like

Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
[quote author=abimic post=77761175]
Pre determining to split bills doesn't build a good home, knowing when to help the other is the key to a Happy home. Some women are so hell bent on allowing the man foot all her bills no financial assistance whatsoever to assist the man, claiming he's the husband forgetting you can't reap where you didn't sow. Knowing when to help your partner without been told can only bring about partners proud of each other anyday anytime. That the man foots all bills doesn't mean he's otedola but he loves his family and can't watch anything go wrong, i agree with you, i will assist from my heart when need arise but the example the op have with his co worker, hell no. If you cut out expensis for me, i'll cut out chores for you
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 10:57am On May 09, 2019
[quote author=gloria34 post=77761377][/quote]

you self want to de claim strong woman. smh.
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 09, 2019
DukeofNZ:

And how may i help you? When you are done shaking your head, drink panadol
Re: Explanation On Sharing Marital Responsibility by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 09, 2019
DukeofNZ:

(1) (Reply)

Lovers Of Sneakers...Get In Here / Missed Period And No Pregnancy / Which Nigerian Bank Is Best For Kid Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.