Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball (1186 Views)

Does Karim Benzema Deserve The Ballon D’or This Year 2022? / Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? / Does Messi Really Need To Leave Barcelona To Truly Prove His Greatness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by Jokerman(m): 1:50am On Apr 20, 2019
This is a pertinent question barca clowns need to answer...

Mesi just had 4 goals with 0 assists

Now look at the guys that won the Golden boot

James Rodriguez 6 goals 2 assists
Thomas muller 5 goals 3 assists
Neymar 4 goals 1 assist

Now look at an extract from Wikipedia...
"Castrol, the official sponsor of the tournament, released a team of the tournament based on their Castrol Performance Index, which evaluates player performances through statistical data. The team consisted of the players leading each position, with midfielder Toni Kroos ranked as the overall leader.[100] Lionel Messi, the Golden Ball recipient, finished fifth among forwards and was thus not included in the team.[101](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup)

Manuel neuer
Marcos Rojo Matt Hummels Thiago Silva Stefan de vrij

Oscar Toni kroos Philip lahm James Rodriguez

Arjen Robben Thomas muller

So how then did Messi win the golden ball then if not Blatter awarded him to ease the pain of not winning any international trophy??
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by Jokerman(m): 2:04am On Apr 20, 2019
Semid4lyfe .... This question deserves a larger audience

ClintonNzedimma
Cr7lomo
Lesbianboy
sssoulw
Barthley
Gurunlocker
Corossiveman
Kendrick93
Obonujoker Et AL... Your contributions and views are needed..

Barca fans plesse don't mention Ronaldo, we now he has not won it and probably won't ever..
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by obonujoker(m): 7:55am On Apr 20, 2019
Messi fans are hypocrites and liars... Fear of Ronaldo follows them everywhere... That's why they try to discredit him by calling him penaldo and tapnaldo... They just disregard all his efforts at Man UTD and Real Madrid...

We know Messi is Blatter's boy na... So itn's othing new

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by prodigyhenry: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2019
What exactly is the purpose of this thread. To discredit Messi I guess. Golden ball gas never been about goals, just because Messi didn't score as much as Rodriguez doesn't mean he can't win it. Amongst those who you listed how many got to the final. And we know that it is Fifa tradition to pick the golden ball winner amongst those in the final and besides Neuer no other player in the final deserved the golden ball as much as Messi. Messi had the highest man of the match awards in the competition and was even the best player in the final even though he didn't win it. Messi scored 50% of his team goals even though he was playing from a midfield position.

The golden boot award has already taken care of the goalscorers. Golden ball is about something else entirely, but I don't really expect Ronaldo fan boys to understand that, because to them everything is goal goal goal

By your analogy Luca modric shouldn't even have been considered for the golden ball because he scored just 2 goals and one assist as a central midfielder, there were midfielders with better stats in the competition, but modric won it because of one thing IMPACT. And that's what wins golden ball. That's was what Messi had more than everybody in the competition, he had more impact than the others. End of discussion

5 Likes

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by Jokerman(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2019
prodigyhenry:
What exactly is the purpose of this thread. To discredit Messi I guess. Golden ball gas never been about goals, just because Messi didn't score as much as Rodriguez doesn't mean he can't win it. Amongst those who you listed how many got to the final. And we know that it is Fifa tradition to pick the golden ball winner amongst those in the final and besides Neuer no other player in the final deserved the golden ball as much as Messi. Messi had the highest man of the match awards in the competition and was even the best player in the final even though he didn't win it. Messi scored 50% of his team goals even though he was playing from a midfield position.

The golden boot award has already taken care of the goalscorers. Golden ball is about something else entirely, but I don't really expect Ronaldo fan boys to understand that, because to them everything is goal goal goal

By your analogy Luca modric shouldn't even have been considered for the golden ball because he scored just 2 goals and one assist as a central midfielder, there were midfielders with better stats in the competition, but modric won it because of one thing IMPACT. And that's what wins golden ball. That's was what Messi had more than everybody in the competition, he had more impact than the others. End of discussion

Oga Messi winning the golden ball over Thomas muller was fraudulent.. Muller had more man of the match awards, more goals and assists than Messi... Messi never even scored nor assisted after the group stage
Apart from Pogba, what other midfielder had better stats than Modric??

I also put it up for you there... If Messi had a lot of impact at that works cup, why wasn't he put in the FIFA team of the tournament, even coming up 5th amongst the forwards at the world cup

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by prodigyhenry: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga Messi winning the golden ball over Thomas muller was fraudulent.. Muller had more man of the match awards, more goals and assists than Messi... Messi never even scored nor assisted after the group stage

I also put it up for you there... If Messi had a lot of impact at that works cup, why wasn't he put in the FIFA team of the tournament, even coming up 5th amongst the forwards at the world cup

As I said earlier all you keep screaming is goals and goals. For your information, we are talking about impact on the team for you to win the golden ball, you've to be head and shoulders above the rest if your teammates. That's what Messi was, besides dimaria no other Argentina player was impressive at the world cup, Messi was more or less dragging them through. Same thing happened with Croatia even though alot of their players performed eg Rakitic, perisic, mazuhic but Modric was ahead of them all by a margin.

Look at France for example, mbappe was their best player no doubt but can you say in performance he was far ahead Griezzman, varane and pogba. Not so because the difference in impact wasnt that much

As for muller, muller wasn't even the most impactful player in his team, neuer, kroos, hummels were ahead of him. And if muller didn't play the German team of 2014 wouldn't have missed him too much. Because that team was like a unit. But the same couldn't be said about Argentina..

And as for the man of the match, You're just been mischievous, Messi had 5 MoTMs only arjen Robben had 5 as well, but he didn't get to the finals, your Thomas muller had just 2 MoTMs.. please use your internet for more constructive things than just crying

this is the list of golden ball winners since 2002, please tell me how many goals and assists they had..

2002 Oliver Kahn , 2006 Zidanne, 2010 Diego forlan..

I just wonder why it is Messi"s own that's giving you headaches

As for not making yhe list that is obviously because he wasn't the best Striker in the competition and in other to put him along strikes you needed to use evidence which is goals, sadly Messi didn't have as many goals as the other strikers. Mainly because he was used more as a midfielder..

And I must repeat everything about football is not goals.

Ronaldo fan boy just needed something to masturbate on so they had to go back to 5 years ago to find relief isn't that pathetic

And I forgot to add Messi had 1 assist not zero. And this is the ranking of players by who scored.com but of course you know better than both the website and fifa

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by Jokerman(m): 11:27am On Apr 20, 2019
prodigyhenry:

As I said earlier all you keep screaming is goals and goals. For your information, we are talking about impact on the team for you to win the golden ball, you've to be head and shoulders above the rest if your teammates. That's what Messi was, besides dimaria no other Argentina player was impressive at the world cup, Messi was more or less dragging them through. Same thing happened with Croatia even though alot of their players performed eg Rakitic, perisic, mazuhic but Modric was ahead of them all by a margin.

Look at France for example, mbappe was their best player no doubt but can you say in performance he was far ahead Griezzman, varane and pogba. Not so because the difference in impact wasnt that much

As for muller, muller wasn't even the most impactful player in his team, neuer, kroos, hummels were ahead of him. And if muller didn't play the German team of 2014 wouldn't have missed him too much. Because that team was like a unit. But the same couldn't be said about Argentina..

And as for the man of the match, You're just been mischievous, Messi had 5 MoTMs only arjen Robben had 5 as well, but he didn't get to the finals, your Thomas muller had just 2 MoTMs.. please use your internet for more constructive things than just crying

this is the list of golden ball winners since 2002, please tell me how many goals and assists they had..

As for not making yhe list that is obviously because he wasn't the best Striker in the competition and in other to put him along strikes you needed to use evidence which is goals, sadly Messi didn't have as many goals as the other strikers. Mainly because he was used more as a midfielder..

Ronaldo fan boy just needed something to masturbate on so they had to go back to 5 years ago to find relief isn't that pathetic

I like your argument bro... Buh according to the ratings at the world cup, Toni kroos was the best at that world cup... Look at this quote from Castrol where even Messi couldn't make the team of the tournament, and Messi played as a striker not midfielder....

Castrol, the official sponsor of the tournament, released a team of the tournament based on their Castrol Performance Index, which evaluates player performances through statistical data. The team consisted of the players leading each position, with midfielder Toni Kroos ranked as the overall leader.[100] Lionel Messi, the Golden Ball recipient, finished fifth among forwards and was thus not included in the team.[101](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup)

And note all those players where included in the team of the tournament, why was only Messi own different??
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by Afobear: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2019
Jokerman:

Neymar 4 goals 1 assist

"Castrol, the official sponsor of the tournament, released a team of the tournament based on their Castrol Performance Index, which evaluates player performances through statistical data. The team consisted of the players leading each position, with midfielder Toni Kroos ranked as the overall leader.[100] Lionel Messi, the Golden Ball recipient, finished fifth among forwards and was thus not included in the team.[101](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup)

Manuel neuer

So how then did Messi win the golden ball then if not Blatter awarded him to ease the pain of not winning any international trophy??

Your father is a rubbish imp

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by prodigyhenry: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2019
Jokerman:

I like your argument bro... Buh according to the ratings at the world cup, Toni kroos was the best at that world cup... Look at this quote from Castrol where even Messi couldn't make the team of the tournament, and Messi played as a striker not midfielder....

Castrol, the official sponsor of the tournament, released a team of the tournament based on their Castrol Performance Index, which evaluates player performances through statistical data. The team consisted of the players leading each position, with midfielder Toni Kroos ranked as the overall leader.[100] Lionel Messi, the Golden Ball recipient, finished fifth among forwards and was thus not included in the team.[101](https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup)

And note all those players where included in the team of the tournament, why was only Messi own different??

Castro a beer company knows more about football than FiFA and all the ex footballers and administrators who chose Messi right..

Look at the ratings I just modified my previous comments.

If you really watched that world cup everyone knew Messi played as the midfielder sometimes as the AM sometimes as the CM. There was no time he played as the striker. If you have proof please bring it forward.

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by Jokerman(m): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2019
Afobear:

Your father is a rubbish imp

Lol..... Uefalona messilonati asslicker... Dont cry bro.....

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by MJBOLT: 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2019
messi did not deserve the golden ball,go and collect it na

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by sssoulw(m): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2019
Messi, 0 assist go and check his stats you hater
Jokerman:

Neymar 4 goals 1 assist

Manuel neuer

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by sssoulw(m): 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2019
U just talk thrash undecided
Jokerman:

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball by sssoulw(m): 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for that prove
prodigyhenry:

And I forgot to add Messi had 1 assist not zero. And this is the ranking of players by who scored.com but of course you know better than both the website and fifa

(1) (Reply)

Former WWE Wrestler James 'kamala' Harris Dies At 70 / (3 Hours Left)Hot Free 10 Odds (Winning Guaranteed) / What Is Happening To Aghahowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.