Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? (611 Views)

Does Karim Benzema Deserve The Ballon D’or This Year 2022? / Did Messi Really Deserve The 2014 Golden Ball / Does Messi Really Need To Leave Barcelona To Truly Prove His Greatness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by Krainsports: 9:48am On Dec 01, 2021
check this post out to know why and also comment in the comment section

https://krainsports.com/2021/12/01/does-messi-really-deserve-the-ballon-dor/
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2021
Yes, well Deserved

Krainsports:
check this post out to know why and also comment in the comment section

https://krainsports.com/2021/12/01/does-messi-really-deserve-the-ballon-dor/
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by Ammishaddai: 9:59am On Dec 01, 2021
Messi didn't deserve anything jare ....people like Lewandowski and Jorgio who performed better by win league trophies and competitions weren't even considered because they don't have Godfathers to play politics on their behalf
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by emae009(m): 10:03am On Dec 01, 2021
Social Media while a great tool will be football ultimate bane.
For all the people that says Messi doesn't deserve his recognition, if you engage them, you'll only find out 3 outcomes:
1) They belong to the group that can't reason for themselves and only follow the bandwagon.
2) They belong to the group that are tired of seeing one person win the award over and over again.
3) They belong to the group that just hate Messi due to club affiliation.

None of them will ever come up with a beyond reasonable doubt reason as to why he doesn't deserve it.

Messi was destined to be the G.O.A.T and there's no amount of hate campaign that will stop that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by emae009(m): 10:05am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Messi didn't deserve anything jare ....people like Lewandowski and Jorgio who performed better by win league trophies and competitions weren't even considered because they don't have Godfathers to play politics on their behalf

on what criteria is the award given?
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by Ammishaddai: 10:14am On Dec 01, 2021
emae009:

on what criteria is the award given?

Oga, what did Messi win this season and last season . Tell us
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by emae009(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, what did Messi win this season and last season . Tell us

This just shows you don't even know how the award is given but you already have a strong opinion about it. if I tell you what Messi won, you'll in turn downplay it. Have seen it far too many times in just two days.
so I'll switch up and ask you a simple question:

You say Jorginho should be a more deserving winner:
1) can you rightfully point out one phase of any game since January in the UCL that you can say if Jorginho wasn't there, Chelsea would have been out?

2) can you do the same for the Euros?
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by Ammishaddai: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2021
[s]
emae009:

This just shows you don't even know how the award is given but you already have a strong opinion about it. if I tell you what Messi won, you'll in turn downplay it. Have seen it far too many times in just two days.

1) can you rightfully point out one phase of any game since January in the UCL that you can say if Jorginho wasn't there, Chelsea would have been out?

[/s] You no dey watch football that's why you dey talk like this out of the fact that you're a Messi fan . So I can't blame your bias
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by paulolee(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2021
we go continue this aguement till weekend oo....
if u follow d criteria n the stats used to judge both players, giving leo dt award can be easily understood
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by paulolee(m): 10:32am On Dec 01, 2021
emae009:

bros jus save urself d time n stress bcox dis guys no fit gree..
I jus de pray make cr7 score tomorrow against arsenal, weda d goal fit releiv dm d pain n hate for this messi win....i jus de pray

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by emae009(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You no dey watch football that's why you dey talk like this out of the fact that you're a Messi fan . So I can't blame your bias

Bro leave personal attack. Defend your stand. I'm not showing up your delusion because I'm a Messi fan. that's a fallacy. Leave sentiment and present your points.
It's injustice to say Messi doesn't deserve it when you can't point out beyond reasonable doubt why he doesn't.
that's like saying someone that took first position should not be given the first position simply because he's been taking the first position one too many times.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by Ammishaddai: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2021
[s]
emae009:

Bro leave personal attack. Defend your stand. I'm not showing up your delusion because I'm a Messi fan. that's a fallacy. Leave sentiment and present your points.
It's injustice to say Messi doesn't deserve it when you can't point out beyond reasonable doubt why he doesn't.
that's like saying someone that took first position should not be given the first position simply because he's been taking the first position one too many times.
[/s] Oga, I just asked you what he won and yet you can't answered because of your bias and favoritism for tunnel vision. So arguing with you is pointless .
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by emae009(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Oga, I just asked you what he won and yet you can't answered because of your bias and favoritism for tunnel vision. So arguing with you is pointless .

I see you have chosen the high road. so let's go.

He won the Copa Del Rey with Barca and the Copa America with Argentina, first time in 28 years while being POTY, Joint Highest Goal Scorer and Having the Highest Assist.
Checkmate.

Now it's your turn. Answer my 3 questions that I've asked you so far
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by Ammishaddai: 11:33am On Dec 01, 2021
[s]
emae009:

I see you have chosen the high road. so let's go.

He won the Copa Del Rey with Barca and the Copa America with Argentina, first time in 28 years while being POTY, Joint Highest Goal Scorer and Having the Highest Assist.
Checkmate.

Now it's your turn. Answer my 3 questions that I've asked you so far
[/s] These are not the criteria used in judging. Which goes to prove my point that you don't watch football and neither do you know the criteria . Lewandowski was to be given but politics favored Messi because of the Bundesliga close down due to covid. This is a fact that is flooding the internet
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by emae009(m): 11:45am On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] These are not the criteria used in judging. Which goes to prove my point that you don't watch football and neither do you know the criteria . Lewandowski was to be given but politics favored Messi because of the Bundesliga close down due to covid. This is a fact that is flooding the internet

what are the criteria. you don't know. but you're typing ignorance with confidence.
You watch football but you don't know it's only the Ligue 1 that didn't resume their league.
And calling propaganda on the Internet a fact just tell me a lot about you.
You fall into the category of people that don't reason for themselves but join the bandwagon.
Please what source confirmed that Lewandowski was to be given?? abi na "trust me bro" as usual.

I'll help you... below is criteria for awarding the Ballon d'Or.
PS: You still haven't answered any of my questions but you keep saying "you don't watch football"

Betting no be football

Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by Ammishaddai: 11:51am On Dec 01, 2021
[s]
emae009:

what are the criteria. you don't know. but you're typing ignorance with confidence.
You watch football but you don't know it's only the Ligue 1 that didn't resume their league.
And calling propaganda on the Internet a fact just tell me a lot about you.
You fall into the category of people that don't reason for themselves but join the bandwagon.
Please what source confirmed that Lewandowski was to be given?? abi na "trust me bro" as usual.

I'll help you... below is criteria for awarding the Ballon d'Or.
PS: You still haven't answered any of my questions but you keep saying "you don't watch football"

Betting no be football
[/s] So you knew this and you brought up Copa America as a criteria abi ...? grin grin ;DHahaha ...oga, you're ignorant abeg so I can't engage you. grin

I want to engage with people who know players and their worth on the field. Not fanatics that draw conclusions based on emotional support and love for cluelessness in a player
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by emae009(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] So you knew this and you brought up Copa America as a criteria abi ...? grin grin ;DHahaha ...oga, you're ignorant abeg so I can't engage you. grin

I want to engage with people who know players and their worth on the field. Not fanatics that draw conclusions based on emotional support and love for cluelessness in a player

Guy you be real otondo. Collective performances imply what?? is it not team trophies. they even put (winners) in bracket but of course your brain can comprehend.
out of the 3 criterias listed there which one exactly can you put your life on that Lewandowski is above Messi?
is it overall career
or talent and fair play
or individual performance.

run along to your fellow trolls and stop disrespecting the G.O.A.T.

Person wey know football, simple questions you can answer. you think say na to play Chelsea win be football. Bring facts come no dey behave like television wey no clear.
Re: Did Messi Really Deserve The Ballon D'or? by Ammishaddai: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
[s]
emae009:

Guy you be real otondo. Collective performances imply what?? is it not team trophies. they even put (winners) in bracket but of course your brain can comprehend.
out of the 3 criterias listed there which one exactly can you put your life on that Lewandowski is above Messi?
is it overall career
or talent and fair play
or individual performance.

run along to your fellow trolls and stop disrespecting the G.O.A.T.

Person wey know football, simple questions you can answer. you think say na to play Chelsea win be football. Bring facts come no dey behave like television wey no clear.
[/s] You're just a lousy fanatic like I said earlier . So enjoy your thread with the other fanatics that think in a unidirectional path . grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Stadiums In Ghana 2022 Ft Baba Yara Stadium / Ronaldo Wins Goal Of The Season Award / Played With 150 Naira And Now Have A Cash Out Of 42k.to Win 216,0000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.