Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry (31929 Views)

We Will Start Charging A Fee To Use X - Musk / Apple Iphone 11 Reverse Wireless Charging: A Confused State Of Affairs / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Mckandre(m): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
Very soon the use of usb port on mobile phones will become obsolete ie where wireless charging dish can be used as current and file transfer method thereby getting rid of usb port and all the issues that comes with it, now tell me why that wont become mainstream,just Like they re doing with 3.5mm jack.
A time will come having holes on mobile phone will become a thing of the past. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by longestwai: 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2019
having issues with OTG cable connection, it always pop up on to go to settings or cancel it. what may be the problem? am using tecno camon x pro.
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Freelancerx: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
Update the phone
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Freelancerx: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
update the phone
longestwai:
having issues with OTG cable connection, it always pop up on to go to settings or cancel it. what may be the problem? am using tecno camon x pro.
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by bluefilm: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2019
I agree.

Wireless chargers are so useless.
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Neoteny(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
I agree with this

It's not even wireless because the base has wires.

And the phone still remains immobile while charging.

This is false advertising

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Someone said that while the likes the of Samsung and Huawei is being innovative with Triple cameras with 50× zoom, indisply fingerprint scanners and the likes...
Apple is still struggling to make a wireless charger gringringringrin....
But TechCapon you should know that slow wireless chargers are gradually being phased out...
Xiaomi has released a 27 watt wireless charger... That's faster than may normal chargers...
Apple wasn't struggling to make a wireless charger for their devices..they wanted to create a wireless charger that can charge 3 devices at the same time while generating the same same watts across the entire charging platform...they had to postpone the product because according to them "they were still trying to find a way to make it more power efficient"...
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
This is actually written by someone who's race never accomplished anything in science? Haahahaha

1 Like

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
stupidity:
I just realized by the year 2050 I will be a grand father. cry

And I’m not happy about it. I want to restart
You better start popping out Dem babies now.
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
stupidity:
what are you zooming with 50x camera lens? You want to zoom in your future ni? All these innovations to me are bullshits. Left to me, 2018 phones can serve well till 2020 - 2025. I don’t see the needs introducing new phones with unneeded hardware.

By the way, if you have used iPhones Face ID, believe me, you will not bother use fingerprint scanner again, be it indisplay or outdisplay FS.
The faceid on my device is very convenient..I was a bit skeptical initially when buying it..but I found that it was more accurate with less failure than touchid...I go to the gym a lot and I had troubles with a sweaty finger on my touchid..
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2019
stupidity:

I wanna be forever young, old age scares the hell out of me
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Lamijay(m): 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2019
I totally disagree with all your points...

I'm sure there was someone like you back in the days, that argued that touch screen phones were rubbish... How would it feel to touch screen... No physical buttons... Bleh... But what are we using now? Wireless chargers are evolving... Getting better... Bluetooth has up to 5 editions, each with improvements.

Saying that you can't use the phone while charging, there are powerbanks using the wireless tech that has suction rubbers that keep phone and powerbank together... Give things enough time before you start saying it has failed.

3 Likes

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by uuzba(m): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
stupidity:

Better change your life now, 2019, so you will be happy of your achievements in 2050.
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
stupidity:
what are you zooming with 50x camera lens? You want to zoom in your future ni? All these innovations to me are bullshits. Left to me, 2018 phones can serve well till 2020 - 2025. I don’t see the needs introducing new phones with unneeded hardware.

By the way, if you have used iPhones Face ID, believe me, you will not bother use fingerprint scanner again, be it indisplay or outdisplay FS.

Facial recognition can never be compared to finger print. The latter is more convenient, faster and more secured. FaceID is a two way process while fingerprint can even be unlocked while in your pocket before bringing it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
ollah1:

Facial recognition can never be compared to finger print. The latter is more convenient, faster and more secured. FaceID is a two way process while fingerprint can even be unlocked while in your pocket before bringing it out.
bro read what you wrote again, what’s convenient and secure about unlocking or mistakenly unlocking your phone with your finger while in your pocket? Get hold of an iPhone with Face ID, you’ll see what security and convenience is all about.

1 Like

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Davidzy23(m): 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
rottable:
Hopefully it will be possible in the future
Not hopefully bro... It will be possible in the near future.. that's technology for you..

1 Like

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nokuhab: 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
[?

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by PotatoSalad(m): 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
OboOlora:
Good points!
Same argument I was having recently with my friend at Acer. Except it’s a wireless charging that I can synchronize the phone with the charger maybe thru Bluetooth or so then be using the phone, it doesn’t make any sense!
That tech is being developed right now, but not via Bluetooth. Via WiFi
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
stupidity:
bro read what you wrote again, what’s convenient and secure about unlocking or mistakenly unlocking your phone with your finger while in your pocket? Get hold of an iPhone with Face ID, you’ll see what security and convenience is all about.

You aren't mistakenly unlocking your phone while in your pocket because muscle memory makes you know exactly where fingerprint scanner is located on your phone but rather doing it on purpose because you want to begin using phone immediately the phone is in your palms.

Fingerprint is more convenient, i can easily unlock my phone while its placed on a flat surface unlike faceID that needs your to raise your phone up or stretch your face. Afterwards, you will swipe again adding to the stress.

Fingerprint will always be better on a phone than any sort of facial recognition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
ollah1:

So after unlocking your phone in your pocket, won't you still bring into the direction of your face to look at the screen?
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2019
stupidity:
Sorry bro, you talk as if Apple has a unique Face ID software that others can't have, Even Huawei mate 20 pro has a vrve secure Face ID and an Indisplay Fingerprint scanner...
Even Pocophone''s Face ID is as 70% secure as apples so stop talking as if Face ID is an innovative feature that puts apple ahead of others...
Android devices had Face ID before iPhone X say the light of day...
Lol, Galaxy S10 uses Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, it can't be fooled even if you chop off a person's hand and try to unlock with it...
Which is more Secure and Convenient
Be honest...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
Oppo was the first to create a 50x zoom
Apple decided to stop the Air power project because of overheating
Few years it's is going (wireless charging) to get better but it's not getting much attention maybe if one tech company or startups can improve it to a very good level then it's going to change the wireless charging of a thing
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

So after unlocking your phone in your pocket, won't you still bring into the direction of your face to look at the screen?
But at least you won't have to be tilting aligning the phone awkwardly to your face...

1 Like

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

Every second counts in everything. In less than 3 seconds, my phone placed in my pocket is unlocked and tasks have begun. It will take minimum of 10 seconds to get that done on an iPhone

1 Like

Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2019
ALCOHOLKILLS:

I wanna be forever young, old age scares the hell out of me

Forever young
I want to be forever young.

Too BAD, WE MUST ALL GROW OLD, BY 2050 Would I even remember nairaland? I will be to elderly for all d tribalistic fun that goes on around here grin
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Sorry bro, you talk as if Apple has a unique Face ID software that others can't have, Even Huawei mate 20 pro has a vrve secure Face ID and an Indisplay Fingerprint scanner...
Even Pocophone''s Face ID is as 70% secure as apples so stop talking as if Face ID is an innovative feature that puts apple ahead of others...
Android devices had Face ID before iPhone X say the light of day...
Lol, Galaxy S10 uses Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, it can't be fooled even if you chop off a person's hand and try to unlock with it...
Which is more Secure and Convenient
Be honest...
You said it yourself "70% secure"..that 30% makes all the difference..Apple's faceid uses infrared 3D facial mapping in conjunction with their AI chip which allows the phone a better learning and recognition of your face..even with glasses or a hat on...
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by TechCapon(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

Apple wasn't struggling to make a wireless charger for their devices..they wanted to create a wireless charger that can charge 3 devices at the same time while generating the same same watts across the entire charging platform...they had to postpone the product because according to them "they were still trying to find a way to make it more power efficient"...
they didn't postpone it they canceled it
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by Lexusgs430: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
Till your charging port is spoilt, you would appreciate wireless charging feature........... Nah that time you go sabi how far........
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by AkpaMgbor(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2019
ollah1:

Every second counts in everything. In less than 3 seconds, my phone placed in my pocket is unlocked and tasks have begun. It will take minimum of 10 seconds to get that done on an iPhone
I am sure WITHOUT a doubt that you've not had an iPhone with faceid before...my phone unlocks without me even noticing it, it's as if there was never a security measure on it..10 seconds?? Wtf grin
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2019
Jiang:

Forever young
I want to be forever young.

Too BAD, WE MUST ALL GROW OLD, BY 2050 Would I even remember nairaland? I will be to elderly for all d tribalistic fun that goes in around here grin

old age is Scarry, God help us sha
Re: Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

You said it yourself "70% secure"..that 30% makes all the difference..Apple's faceid uses infrared 3D facial mapping in conjunction with their AI chip which allows the phone a better learning and recognition of your face..even with glasses or a hat on...
Sorry to burst your bubbles but that phone I said 70% secure is a $300 phone, you expect a very secure Face ID at that price
Compared to a $1000 iPhone
Try Huawei mate 20 pro thats even cheaper than Xs max and see how secure that one is!!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal / MTN Confirms Network Glitch / Does Sim Card Determine Internet Speed? My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.