Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" (20305 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Say "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt” / Christ Embassy Branch In United Kingdom Declared Bankrupt / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by mrvitalis(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
Excuzeme:

Anytime l hear this kind of talk, it just reminds me of what Fela Anikulapo of blessed memory said/sang about: "Na which kind talk be this oooo..."

First, the idea of TAX is that you are paying the Govt. for the SERVICES it provides for the populace.

- In a country where each individual has to produce his own drinking water via Boreholes
- In a country where each individual has to build roads to their houses
- In a country where each individual has to be responsible for their own security
- In a country where roads have become death traps
- In a country where Hospitaks have turned to Morgues
- In a country where you have to pay for treatment and buy your own drugs, even in a Govt hospital
- In a country close to 80% of the Youth are jobless and dangerous!
- In a country where people are murdered en-masse, in the name of Herding cows and the Security apparatus are too daft to do anything or just complicit
- In a country where there is ZERO Social benefits for its citizens despite having all the free natural resources any country can have!

WHAT EXACTLY ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSE TO PAY MORE TAX FOR?

okay, I get it.....maybe the people need to pay MORE TAX so the Politicians can steal more, as they have been stealing the little that the people pay.

The question is do u pay tax before development or after development

To develop u need to tax out 30% of our gdp we are doing around 7% ....there is no how we can develop with 4 trillion revenue in a year ..we need minimum of 15 trillion to be able to make progress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2019
deji17:
. Collecting money from the gullibles has qualified him as an intellectual.

Don't mind them.

A man who built an empire by perverting the gospel does not have the right to talk about intellectualism.

If only a few of his followers were intellectuals, Oyedepo would not be so wealthy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by eyinjuege: 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:

He’s also a political leader

He supported and campaigned for atiku

It's his civic responsibility and even human right to support a candidate.
I never saw him anywhere campaign for Atiku or ever ask anyone to vote for him. I remember an article where he said his church members are in all political parties and have different candidates they support. That's the right thing. Different people in same household even support different candidates and still manage to live in peace.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Kabaka100: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
iTearHerToto:
I hate Italian league

So boring to watch and always cuts ticket

Pukes angry

What about ur own naija leagu. Do the Italians even want to know that we have a league? Its lart if our great inferiority complex tgat we are fixated on Western things that we forget that fic iur own league to be better than their own but i know u will doubt this possibility
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Excuzeme: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
plaetton:

Just imagine this charlatan who became a billionaire by hawking toxic, mentally-retarding , stone-age bullshytes to millions of Nigerians.
Now he accusing his comrades in government of being I intellectually bankrupt.

Sir, if you were not intellectually bankrupt yourself, you would not be building an empire of TOXiC soup , and selling such to millions of impressionable Nigerian people.

People like 'Oleedepo', who take fraud to another level, are described with a phrase: CON ARTIST!
But we have to respect "Con Artists" like Oyedepo because he has been able to twist and manipulate otherwise 'higher animals" to the point of stupidity!
Thieves have to be smart r they will get caught. The fact that Oyedepo is still surving in this his 'spiritual scam", is a testament ot his smartness.
It is the fish-brained victims (followers) who need a brain transplant

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by udemzyudex(m): 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:
Sire with due respect

You are part of them sir

Can you compare what this man has achieved so far to what your president have without government money?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Excuzeme: 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2019
eyinjuege:

It's his civic responsibility and even human right to support a candidate.
I never saw him anywhere campaign for Atiku or ever ask anyone to vote for him. I remember an article where he said his church members are in all political parties and have different candidates they support. That's the right thing. Different people in same household even support different candidates and still manage to live in peace.

His "Political Campaign Videos" are still on YouTube.
You dont need to travel around to "campaign" because campaign is all about talking to a body of audience.

Oyedepo has been taking advantage of the PULPIT to campaign, preaching the "political choice" of one candidate over another, to thousands of people in his church audience and others over his TV channel.

How else will you describe a political campaign, if that is not one?

Even Jesus refused to be involved in "local Politics" because when asked to, he responded by refusing and saying: My Govt IS NOT of this World.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by kareemkamil(m): 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2019
LIONHEART101:

look at you... complete nonentity ... you are insulting man that said the truth.. just because of your stupid political belief... wake up before you die of hate...

My Brother Mr. Lionheart. So is Oledopo speaking the truth now right, I can see you part of gullible followers who have already submitted there common sense to Ocultic Man called Oyedepo. You are a fool with your Ocultic Man called theif Oyedepo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Excuzeme: 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2019
BluntTheApostle:

Don't mind them.

A man who built an empire by perverting the gospel does not have the right to talk about intellectualism.

If only a few of his followers were intellectuals, Oyedepo would not be so wealthy.

"RELIGION, in the hands of a Manipulator like Oyedepo, is even more dangerous than any weapon of Mass Destruction...because it is THE OPIUM of the People".

His followers will rather die than use their brain to think about how he is manipulating them!
or have you seen someone heavily doped-up on Opium/Cocain..... making a ratinal choice?
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by plaetton: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2019
Excuzeme:

People like 'Oleedepo', who take fraud to another level, are described with a phrase: CON ARTIST!
But we have to respect "Con Artists" like Oyedepo because he has been able to twist and manipulate otherwise 'higher animals" to the point of stupidity!
Thieves have to be smart r they will get caught. The fact that Oyedepo is still surving in this his 'spiritual scam", is a testament ot his smartness.
It is the fish-brained victims (followers) who need a brain transplant

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Ugosample(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
mrvitalis:
For once me and this man agree on the same thing

Not just the leaders most africans are not smart at all that's why they vote the kind of leaders we have in africa

A smart person cant win election in nigeria

How do u explain to a nigerian u need to pay more for light before u can pay less

How do u explain rice most be expensive for it to be cheap

How do u tell a mallam if they have few kids he would be richer

How do u explain to someone its better to buy a nigerian made goods for 20000 than buy an imported one for 10000

I have given up ...bihari is dumb , jonathan is dumb , smart morgarlu couldn't win ...even dumb sowore got more votes than him ....

Honestly i give up

you have said it all.

An average African is DUMB
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by starstaz(m): 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
mrvitalis:
For once me and this man agree on the same thing

Not just the leaders most africans are not smart at all that's why they vote the kind of leaders we have in africa

A smart person cant win election in nigeria

How do u explain to a nigerian u need to pay more for light before u can pay less

How do u explain rice most be expensive for it to be cheap

How do u tell a mallam if they have few kids he would be richer

How do u explain to someone its better to buy a nigerian made goods for 20000 than buy an imported one for 10000

I have given up ...bihari is dumb , jonathan is dumb , smart morgarlu couldn't win ...even dumb sowore got more votes than him ....

Honestly i give up

Well said. Lobatan!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by ernietime(m): 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
I am of the same opinion as that young man. Our diversity which is to be a blessing has become a curse.
mrvitalis:

Thats what u think ...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by matiandu(m): 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
I guess u traveled by road
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2019
Excuzeme:

"RELIGION, in the hands of a Manipulator like Oyedepo, is even more dangerous than any weapon of Mass Destruction...because it is THE OPIUM of the People".

His followers will rather die that use their brain to think about how he is manipulating them!
or have you seen someone heavily doped-up on Opium/Cocain..... making a ratinal choice?
grin grin

Don't mind them.

Oyedepo does not know that as a big religious leader, he can influence a lot of things.

It is a shame that in a country with so many widely respected pastors, the average Nigerian Christian is greedy and overly materialistic.

In the days of old, one prophet was enough to put the political leaders on their toes. But because the likes of Oyedepo do not command any respect, a person can steal from government and donate it to their church without any fear of being struck to death.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by artofseduction: 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:
Sire with due respect

You are part of them sir

I am hundred percent sure that ur dumb skull.did not understand a single word he said.

Do you even know what is trade policies?

What business thise a clergy has with countries trade policies?

Go nd research on Trump China trade deal which they are about to sign.

So u could educate urself.
Peace.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Excuzeme: 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2019
mrvitalis:

The question is do u pay tax before development or after development

To develop u need to tax out 30% of our gdp we are doing around 7% ....there is no how we can develop with 4 trillion revenue in a year ..we need minimum of 15 trillion to be able to make progress

Very good Question:

You pay TAX AFTER initial development, since "development" is an ongoing, never ending process

Reason is this:

- TAx can only be imposed by a constituted authority
- That Authority/Govt has rigt over, collects and appropriates ALL RESOURCES on behalf of the people, ab initio.
- That Govt authority has ALREADY taken the people's resources (like Crude Oil reciepts, Gold, e.t.c) and is managing it on behalf of the people.
- That Govt must forst show what it has done with the money/resources of the people it has taken, before asking them for more, in form of taxes.

I am sure you will agree with me that whether Nigerians pay Taxes or not, the Govt will continue to earn billions of dollars from the sale of our "common wealth" like Crude oil.....so, let it account for the "development" it has done with over 50% of such monetary reciepts FIRST.

Paying Tax will not need to be forced, if the people can see what you have done or are doing with the money alread in your possesion.
In foreign countries where they even pay more tax than in Nigeria, every kobo is meticulously accounted for.

Do you know how many British Lawmakers where fired, tried in court and jailed just for inflating their 'expenses account"....
While in Nigeria, Saraki and his band of Rogues in the NASS simply "secretly appropriate" any amount to themselves as allowances?
Why do you think Politics in Nigeria is a 'Do or Die' business, if not for the level of malfeanse
?

Dont expect people to pay tax, if there is no accountability for the resources already taken.
Taxing level is not our problem, it is the mindless looting of ourresources that is drawing us back.
That 15Trillion you mentioned will be easily gathered, if we can block of the leakages and deal ruthlessly with the thieves looting our commonwealth
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by eyinjuege: 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2019
Excuzeme:

His "Political Campaign Videos" are still on YouTube.
You dont need to travel around to "campaign" because campaign is all about talking to a body of audience.

Oyedepo has been taking advantage of the PULPIT to campaign, preaching the "political choice" of one candidate over another, to thousands of people in his church audience and others over his TV channel.

How else will you describe a political campaign, if that is not one?

Even Jesus refused to be involved in "local Politics" because when asked to, he responded by refusing and saying: My Govt IS NOT of this World.

I have heard him speak against herdsmen killings, Boko haram attacks. That doesn't mean he's attacking the government in power. Lives are being lost through these attacks. Families destroyed. I would even praise him for speaking out against these terrorist attacks, and against the government for failing to secure her citizens' lives.
The government of the day wouldn't score any marks for the way they handled the herdsmen killings, same way Jonathan's government didn't score any marks for the way they handled the Boko haram crises.

I have never heard him endorse Atiku. Don't forget, there were several other choices this last election other than the 2 major political parties.

He has raised some pertinent points in this write up. Because some believe he's also a political leader, or has a favoured candidate, or hates the government in power or whatever reason conjured up, doesnt negate these issues and how true they are.
Or do you disagree with what he has said or think he has told some lies in this matter?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by RTSC: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Oyedepo is a man of intellect.

When did covenant university Start that it has already assumed a zenith in Nigeria?
It is a product of administrative competence.

If oyedepo runs for president, I would vote for him.
At least he can properly marshal our resources effectively.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by ehiski: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Let him contest 2023 election if he so love Nigeria and have answers to her problem. I believe he has the 3cs that would turn the nation around, so all these grammar should wait till then.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by gosmoney(m): 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:

He’s also a political leader

He supported and campaigned for atiku

for ur house
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Excuzeme: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
BluntTheApostle:

Don't mind them.

Oyedepo does not know that as a big religious leader, he can influence a lot of things.

It is a shame that in a country with so many widely respected pastors, the average Nigerian Christian is greedy and overly materialistic.

In the days of old, one prophet was enough to put the political leaders on their toes. But because the likes of Oyedepo do not command any respect, a person can steal from government and donate it to their church without any fear of being struck to death.

This is a man that has three Private JETS as recent as 2015 and he was not paying Govt a dime over parking fees!

Buhari came to power and said "Sir, even if you have the sense torob your church members and they cant say nothing because they are just too dumb, you dont have the right to rob other Nigerians by depriving them of their parking fees for your private jets, just like others pay for theirs.

He was forced to pay (otherwise the jets wil be siezed topay for his debt) and now, he has sold one of those Jets while another one is still up for sale because he realised that the AWOOF SEASOn has ended and the parking fees cannot be escaped! undecided undecided

So, any discerning mind would understand his rabid hatred for Buhari's Govt. and why he wants the Looters to return to Power at all cost grin grin
Crooks masquerading as men of godt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Excuzeme: 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
RTSC:
Oyedepo is a man of intellect.

When did covenant university Start that it has already assumed a zenith in Nigeria?
It is a product of administrative competence.

If oyedepo runs for president, I would vote for him.
At least he can properly marshal our resources effectively.

It is not too late, let him contest in 2023, afterall, it is his civic right..... and let us see how popular he really is. grin grin
Infact, let him start with Governor of Ogun state and l can assure you he will not win his ward sef.
All these people without electoral value who think they are somebori sef
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by madridsta007(m): 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:
Sire with due respect

You are part of them sir

You voted him abi? His name was on the ballot papers abi?

Irresponsible leadership and irresponsible follower-ship. Always frightened from taking responsibility.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2019
Excuzeme:

This is a man that has three Private JETS as recent as 2015 and he was not paying Govt a dime over parking fees!

Buhari came to power and said "Sir, even if you have the sense torob your church members and they cant say nothing because they are just too dumb, you dont have the right to rob other Nigerians by depriving them of their parking fees for your private jets, just like others pay for theirs.

He was forced to pay (otherwise the jets wil be siezed topay for his debt) and now, he has sold one of those Jets while another one is still up for sale because he realised that the AWOOF SEASOn has ended and the parking fees cannot be escaped! undecided undecided

So, any discerning mind would understand his rabid hatred for Buhari's Govt. and why he wants the Looters to return to Power at all cost grin grin
Crooks masquerading as men of godt

It is no wonder that he hates Buhari.

He has forgotten that You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by mabea: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
Xisnin:

No, it has nothing to do with diversity.
The problem affecting the federal government is also present even in village settings.
Which is?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by RTSC: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2019
Excuzeme:

It is not too late, let him contest in 2023, afterall, it is his civic right..... and let us see how popular he really is. grin grin
Infact, let him start with Governor of Ogun state and l can assure you he will not win his ward sef.
All these people without electoral value who think they are somebori sef
grin grin
He can't run in 2023 though.
It is not the turn of his region for now.

If he runs he will fail.

But the people with so called electoral value are the ones that have crippled the destiny of this country.
It shows the poor quality of the Nigerian voters.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by mrvitalis(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
Excuzeme:

Very good Question:

You pay TAX AFTER initial development, since "development" is an ongoing, never ending process

Reason is this:

- TAx can only be imposed by a constituted authority
- That Authority/Govt has rigt over, collects and appropriates ALL RESOURCES on behalf of the people, ab initio.
- That Govt authority has ALREADY taken the people's resources (like Crude Oil reciepts, Gold, e.t.c) and is managing it on behalf of the people.
- That Govt must forst show what it has done with the money/resources of the people it has taken, before asking them for more, in form of taxes.

I am sure you will agree with me that whether Nigerians pay Taxes or not, the Govt will continue to earn billions of dollars from the sale of our "common wealth" like Crude oil.....so, let it account for the "development" it has done with over 50% of such monetary reciepts FIRST.

Paying Tax will not need to be forced, if the people can see what you have done or are doing with the money alread in your possesion.
In foreign countries where they even pay more tax than in Nigeria, every kobo is meticulously accounted for.

Do you know how many British Lawmakers where fired, tried in court and jailed just for inflating their 'expenses account"....
While in Nigeria, Saraki and his band of Rogues in the NASS simply "secretly appropriate" any amount to themselves as allowances?
Why do you think Politics in Nigeria is a 'Do or Die' business, if not for the level of malfeanse
?

Dont expect people to pay tax, if there is no accountability for the resources already taken.
Taxing level is not our problem, it is the mindless looting of ourresources that is drawing us back.
That 15Trillion you mentioned will be easily gathered, if we can block of the leakages and deal ruthlessly with the thieves looting our commonwealth

15 trillion made if we block leakages when our revenue is 4 trillion

so what would be used to fund the initial development
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Neoteny(m): 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
And the fool does not realize he's a leader too.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by Excuzeme: 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
eyinjuege:

I have heard him speak against herdsmen killings, Boko haram attacks. That doesn't mean he's attacking the government in power. Lives are being lost through these attacks. Families destroyed. I would even praise him for speaking out against these terrorist attacks, and against the government for failing to secure her citizens' lives.
The government of the day wouldn't score any marks for the way they handled the herdsmen killings, same way Jonathan's government didn't score any marks for the way they handled the Boko haram crises.

I have never heard him endorse Atiku. Don't forget, there were several other choices this last election other than the 2 major political parties.

He has raised some pertinent points in this write up. Because some believe he's also a political leader, or has a favoured candidate, or hates the government in power or whatever reason conjured up, doesnt negate these issues and how true they are.
Or do you disagree with what he has said or think he has told some lies in this matter?

I agree with you that he has the right, just like anyone, to speakout against "anomalies" in the Nigerian system, be it Govt or private.
What l dont like is people scheming and hiding under a guise, to vent their anger on Govt, over a personal issue.

- Have you ever heard Oyedepo CONFESS to any of his Church members that he was not paying Parking Fees on his three jets, while sitting at a Govt facility and that this Buhari govt had insisted he must pay?
- Have you ever heard OBJ tell Nigerians that he owns a refinery in Gambia from where he brings-in refined products and upon which he collects Subsidy (derived from our stolen crude oil ...l hope you guys have read the Dan Etete scam and see how much Nigerians were fleeced?).... until this Govt of Buhari stopped individual importation of petrol and insisted that only the NNPC can import fuel into the country (I am sure we all noticed that since then, fuel scarcity, especially around seasons like Xmas, Easter, Eid Maloud, e.t.c have disappeared!) and only NNPC should pay subsidy in a way that whatever they pay, is reflected on their books (NNPC is thus not willing to pay the likes of OBJ, fuel subsidy for fuel that was not brought-in or even refined locally and just "turned around on the seas"wink

People like Oyedepo, OBJ, e.t.c, have an axe to grind with this Govt simply because their scams have been exposed and cut-down but they hide under the guise of "human rights" grin grin to hoodwink their followers that they are fighting for them.

Mind you, this Govt is guilty of extreme incompetence in terms of security especially and l think people like Buratai and some other top echelons of the Security should be fired and replaced with intelligent and technologically more inclined officers, to make things work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" by permit(m): 8:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
Baba Dundee got no positive impact in Nigeria send him back to Sudan grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ramadan: Christian Lady Shares Food To Muslims In Lagos (Photos) / Pastor Alex Omokudu, Gifted With A Rolls Royce Car / Prof Charles Adisa Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.