Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? (26356 Views)

Chris Anyanwu's Bill Did Not Set 11 Years As The Age Of Consent (to Sexual Acts) / Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. / Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Kc7: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2010
I am currently doing a research and I need your contributions on the above topic either positive or negative. Thank you.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by CareTaker1(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2010
GSM communication network.

!n 1998, i cannot even remember how we were living without phones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by orangemen: 10:40am On Sep 17, 2010
@researcher,
u have got the simpliest topic to reseach on.
i have not had the opportunity to make research on such a simple topic but i know the following;

1. communications - very well and someone rightly said above, living without phones was a nightmare.

2. political confussion - yes, pdp has finally become an offical party in nigeria without official oposition hence one party system.

3. killer squad - the obj administration was more of a killer squad and he proved that with bola ige and some other gr8 politicians who killed without trace including the two communities in baylesa and benue respectively.

4. official thugry - late adedibu and chris uba were officially recognised under obj as the destruction of any known oposition no matter his/her political status.

5. electricity - under obj, we learnt a great lesson which is, the more money u invest on our electricity, the worse it becomes hence the investment of us$16b

6. bank joke - under obj, soludo was used to decieve nigerians on bank reforms which recent events are showing all that were jokes and the direct effect of that joke was the official prostitution allocated to our female bankers in their efforts to meet up bank targets.

7. official recognition of untouchables - bode george(now touchable), tony annenih, chris/andy uba, ibb, and a host of other untouchables were recognised by the administration.

8. privatization of nigeria - practically everything in nigeria was privatized including the air we breath

9. electorially out of the world - election is defined as a mean of power change. under the obj's administration, never recognised election rather it choosed selection. the 2007 show of shame remains second to none in the history of this world

10. family business - nigeria became a family business as the obasanjos, adedibus, ubas and a few other familes took over the over 200 million ppl of nigeria by fire and by force.

i hope with these few points of mine, i have been able to convience and not confuse u over the simplicity of this topic of urs as it relates to the achievements of obj.

9 Likes

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by DRPYGRU: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
orangemen: @researcher,
i have not had the opportunity to make research on such a simple topic but i know the following;

1. communications - very well and someone rightly said above, living without phones was a nightmare.

2. political confussion - yes, pdp has finally become an offical party in nigeria without official oposition hence one party system.

3. killer squad - the obj administration was more of a killer squad and he proved that with bola ige and some other gr8 politicians who killed without trace including the two communities in baylesa and benue respectively.

4. official thugry - late adedibu and chris uba were officially recognised under obj as the destruction of any known oposition no matter his/her political status.

5. electricity - under obj, we learnt a great lesson which is, the more money u invest on our electricity, the worse it becomes hence the investment of us$16b

6. bank joke - under obj, soludo was used to decieve nigerians on bank reforms which recent events are showing all that were jokes and the direct effect of that joke was the official prostitution allocated to our female bankers in their efforts to meet up bank targets.

7. official recognition of untouchables - bode george(now touchable), tony annenih, chris/andy uba, ibb, and a host of other untouchables were recognised by the administration.

8. privatization of nigeria - practically everything in nigeria was privatized including the air we breath

9. electorially out of the world - election is defined as a mean of power change. under the obj's administration, never recognised election rather it choosed selection. the 2007 show of shame remains second to none in the history of this world

10. family business - nigeria became a family business as the obasanjos, adedibus, ubas and a few other familes took over the over 200 million ppl of nigeria by fire and by force.

i hope with these few points of mine, i have been able to convience and not confuse u over the simplicity of this topic of urs as it relates to the achievements of obj.
cheesy
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by ikennaoma(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
orangemen: @researcher,

My brother I don't agree with. We all knw that obj looted money 4rm our treasury but he really worked.
He tackled so many issues we faced during that period. security, telecommunication, power infact he built majority of d power stations that are in use nw. He transformed d education sector, he introduced UBE, made our banking sector strong. He was the only president that increased the salaries of our workers without any union action, constructed the major federal roads in nigeria,he fought crime(EFCC), he set up agencies that are beneficial 2 d citizens like NAFDAC, NDDC etc. Brother stop being sentimental with ur comments. The topic is clear what are d achievements of OBJ since 8yrs of his tenure NOT d areas he failed during his 8yrs tenure.

13 Likes

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by ibsmooth: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
1.Opening the telecomm sector
2.Commercilization of nepa to phcn by unbundling it into 18 successor companies on 1st July 2005
3.Dualization of A.Y.A-Nyanya-Keffi road
4.Dualization of A.Y.A-Kubwa-Zuba road
5.Dualization of Area one-Lugbe-Airport road
6.Establishment of EFCC
7.Contract for Omotosho,papalanto and Geregu power stations
8.Launching of Nigcom sat 1.
9.Sending of high profile Nigerians to jail for corrupt practices like;Tafa Balogun,Bode George,
10.Securing life and properties of Nigerians.
This is a part of 20 series of achievement of OBJ.More to come.Click like if you are with the winning team

15 Likes

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by boluvet: 3:32am On Jun 26, 2017
ok since you ask, i will kindly oblige your request. I dont know how old you are now, but just incase you are not old enough to remember what Nigeria was like before Obasanjo took over office in 1999, let me quickly remind you. First and foremost, there was almost zero foreign direct investment in the Nigerian economy beyond the oil and gas sector. it was a time of despondence and despair for many Nigerians. It was an official policy of the government not to employ ie there was an EMBARGO ON EMPLOYMENT. As say an engineer if you didnt get a job in shell or chevron, you were sure to remain unemployed or remain in penury. The salary of the civil servant was absolutely nothing to write home about all the way to the very top. If you were not in the military, you were definitely a poor man. Telephone services were a thing for the rich in society. I remember my father used to have what we called not nine not 090 in those days and he bought it for 350,000 naira when the exchange rate of dollar to naira was under 20:1. He was using 50,000 monthly to maintain it. This is a time when neighbouring countries like benin and Togo were already using GSM. It was at this same time David Mark who was the then Minister said that telephone services is NOT for the poor. Mobile telephony was grossly resisted by the cabal in NITEL at the time because they were making and siphoning tonnes of money through NITEL. Nigeria was neck deep in international debt. A sizeable chunk of our GDP earnings through oil was used to service debt while our people suffered. I grew up in Lagos and i got my first driving licence in the year 1995. I remember driving in Lagos at the time and it was literarily impossible to drive faster than 40kmph except you wanted to die. The roads EVERYWHERE. i MEAN EVERYWHERE were death traps with potholes, no traffic lights, nothing!!! Nigeria and indeed Nigerians were in a state of despondency. Even if you had money then, there was only Nigeria airways which was grossly unreliable to carry you around. TV stations were just NTA, CHANNEL 5, 7, AND LTV 8 in Lagos.DBN and Channels had just been established just before Obasanjo came but they were just barely surviving. There is plenty plenty more, but I will stop here for now.

Now enter Obasanjo in 1999. 1st and foremost, the fact that we can even be chatting over the internet like this is the direct result of Obasanjos policies. Through the encouragement and stimulation of foreign direct investment in the telecomms sector against the cabals in the ministry of telecommunications and NITEL at the time Econet, and later MTN and later Globacom and even MTel invested in telecoms creating hundreds of thousands of jobs directly and indirectly. It was massive. For the first time, graduates actually had hope. All of a sudden because of the influx of capital, banks suddenly became viable and new banks began to spring up again creating jobs in the hundreds of thousands directly and indirectly. The financial sector became viable. Again because of the viability of the financial sector, the stock exchange which was hitherto moribund picked up pace and there was massive capital running through the NSE. It used to be old yorubas i knew who traded in shares, but all of a sudden many Nigerians got involved. Minimum wage. Obasanjo raised the minimum wage substantially. I was in the university of Ibadan in 1999 prior to which my lecturers simply did not have cars and only professor had very old rickety vehicles. After Obasanjo became president, prosperity swept through the civil service like a Tsunami. Civil servants could for the first time afford to send their kids to private schools and some even abroad. Study grants. Obasanjos Policies in educaional cooperation encouraged study grants to come to schools helping lecturers at the time to get training and exposure abroad. National Debt. For the first time, in our national history, when obasanjo was leaving office in 2007 Nigeria was able to negotiate her way out of DEBT. We were at ZERO debt. for the first time, all the money we earned could be focused on national development. if i am taking this point alone, i would say it was his greatest achievement, but it doesnt end there. CORRUPTION. Obasanjo established the EFCC AND ICPC and gave these institutions teeth to bite. Under the watchful eyes of Nuhu Ribadu, for the first time in my life i since Buhari in 1983, i saw a serious attempt in government to fight corruption. There was no regard to tribe, or religion or any other factor. For the first time, i saw big men gettiing jailed for corruption from Jolly Nyame in the North, to Tafa Balogun, the former IG of police, etc. The FCT took shape under the watchful eyes of Nasir El rufai and for the first time our capital city was looking like something to be proud of especially for Nigerians who had foreign friends. Lagos roads became motorable all the way through OSHODI!!!!, traffic lights everywhere amazing things happened (although this was Tinubu, but still Obasanjo was president). I can go on and on and on even to power generation, and other areas but let me stop here for now and take your questions as they may come.

Nigerians naively assumed that once we had a democracy that mirrored the American type, that automatically all our problems would vanish and yes, they were actually beginning to vanish but it wasnt because of democracy. It was because we had a leader who had vision. We had a leader who could recognize and utilize talent. We had a leader that was a gift from God, but guess what? Nigerians took it for granted. We did not know what God had done for us, so God took him away and gave us a sick president (Yaradua, who did his best by the way), Gave us a clueless president (who nearly sent us into civil war), and again gave us another sick president (Though a very honest man), who sadly cannot be in full control hence a cabal is ruling us. God did a miracle for Nigeria by giving us Obasanjo but we did not realize it. Now God is punishing us. Again i stand by the fact that Obasanjo is the best president Nigeria has EVER seen. I mean since 1914 amalgamation of Lord Lugard. We will be extremely lucky to get someone who even comes close.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by victorDanladi: 6:07am On Jun 26, 2017
Kc7:
I am currently doing a research and I need your contributions on the above topic either positive or negative. Thank you.

Meet an average nigerian teacher,they will tell you many.Anyone that doesn't speak good of him is an ingrate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Pavarottii(m): 7:10am On Jun 26, 2017
The topic alone shows that he achieved little or nothing. Even wen he didn't av militancy and bokoharam distracting him . U just hear this gsm crap achievements. Any president at that time would av welcomed it. The gsm came at his time. Not that he brought it.

My brother don't let anybody deceive u. The so called majority the west and north. Will try to dunce any speech that says GEJ is the best president ever in Nigeria. Cos he is not from their tribe or religion. U can see from the latest quick notice, that most of them(not all) are bigots.
Even obj respects GEJ.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by huptin(m): 7:19am On Jun 26, 2017
boluvet:
ok since you ask, i will kindly oblige your request. I dont know how old you are now, but just incase you are not old enough to remember what Nigeria was like before Obasanjo took over office in 1999, let me quickly remind you. First and foremost, there was almost zero foreign direct investment in the Nigerian economy beyond the oil and gas sector. it was a time of despondence and despair for many Nigerians. It was an official policy of the government not to employ ie there was an EMBARGO ON EMPLOYMENT. As say an engineer if you didnt get a job in shell or chevron, you were sure to remain unemployed or remain in penury. The salary of the civil servant was absolutely nothing to write home about all the way to the very top. If you were not in the military, you were definitely a poor man. Telephone services were a thing for the rich in society. I remember my father used to have what we called not nine not 090 in those days and he bought it for 350,000 naira when the exchange rate of dollar to naira was under 20:1. He was using 50,000 monthly to maintain it. This is a time when neighbouring countries like benin and Togo were already using GSM. It was at this same time David Mark who was the then Minister said that telephone services is NOT for the poor. Mobile telephony was grossly resisted by the cabal in NITEL at the time because they were making and siphoning tonnes of money through NITEL. Nigeria was neck deep in international debt. A sizeable chunk of our GDP earnings through oil was used to service debt while our people suffered. I grew up in Lagos and i got my first driving licence in the year 1995. I remember driving in Lagos at the time and it was literarily impossible to drive faster than 40kmph except you wanted to die. The roads EVERYWHERE. i MEAN EVERYWHERE were death traps with potholes, no traffic lights, nothing!!! Nigeria and indeed Nigerians were in a state of despondency. Even if you had money then, there was only Nigeria airways which was grossly unreliable to carry you around. TV stations were just NTA, CHANNEL 5, 7, AND LTV 8 in Lagos.DBN and Channels had just been established just before Obasanjo came but they were just barely surviving. There is plenty plenty more, but I will stop here for now.

Now enter Obasanjo in 1999. 1st and foremost, the fact that we can even be chatting over the internet like this is the direct result of Obasanjos policies. Through the encouragement and stimulation of foreign direct investment in the telecomms sector against the cabals in the ministry of telecommunications and NITEL at the time Econet, and later MTN and later Globacom and even MTel invested in telecoms creating hundreds of thousands of jobs directly and indirectly. It was massive. For the first time, graduates actually had hope. All of a sudden because of the influx of capital, banks suddenly became viable and new banks began to spring up again creating jobs in the hundreds of thousands directly and indirectly. The financial sector became viable. Again because of the viability of the financial sector, the stock exchange which was hitherto moribund picked up pace and there was massive capital running through the NSE. It used to be old yorubas i knew who traded in shares, but all of a sudden many Nigerians got involved. Minimum wage. Obasanjo raised the minimum wage substantially. I was in the university of Ibadan in 1999 prior to which my lecturers simply did not have cars and only professor had very old rickety vehicles. After Obasanjo became president, prosperity swept through the civil service like a Tsunami. Civil servants could for the first time afford to send their kids to private schools and some even abroad. Study grants. Obasanjos Policies in educaional cooperation encouraged study grants to come to schools helping lecturers at the time to get training and exposure abroad. National Debt. For the first time, in our national history, when obasanjo was leaving office in 2007 Nigeria was able to negotiate her way out of DEBT. We were at ZERO debt. for the first time, all the money we earned could be focused on national development. if i am taking this point alone, i would say it was his greatest achievement, but it doesnt end there. CORRUPTION. Obasanjo established the EFCC AND ICPC and gave these institutions teeth to bite. Under the watchful eyes of Nuhu Ribadu, for the first time in my life i since Buhari in 1983, i saw a serious attempt in government to fight corruption. There was no regard to tribe, or religion or any other factor. For the first time, i saw big men gettiing jailed for corruption from Jolly Nyame in the North, to Tafa Balogun, the former IG of police, etc. The FCT took shape under the watchful eyes of Nasir El rufai and for the first time our capital city was looking like something to be proud of especially for Nigerians who had foreign friends. Lagos roads became motorable all the way through OSHODI!!!!, traffic lights everywhere amazing things happened (although this was Tinubu, but still Obasanjo was president). I can go on and on and on even to power generation, and other areas but let me stop here for now and take your questions as they may come.

Nigerians naively assumed that once we had a democracy that mirrored the American type, that automatically all our problems would vanish and yes, they were actually beginning to vanish but it wasnt because of democracy. It was because we had a leader who had vision. We had a leader who could recognize and utilize talent. We had a leader that was a gift from God, but guess what? Nigerians took it for granted. We did not know what God had done for us, so God took him away and gave us a sick president (Yaradua, who did his best by the way), Gave us a clueless president (who nearly sent us into civil war), and again gave us another sick president (Though a very honest man), who sadly cannot be in full control hence a cabal is ruling us. God did a miracle for Nigeria by giving us Obasanjo but we did not realize it. Now God is punishing us. Again i stand by the fact that Obasanjo is the best president Nigeria has EVER seen. I mean since 1914 amalgamation of Lord Lugard. We will be extremely lucky to get someone who even comes close.

I couldn't have said it better, When OBJ was leaving in 2007, we were of the opinion that these achiements were just normal, until we witnessed Yar adua, GEJ and now Buhari, even Osinbajo who is a professor has been clueless so far. Obj was simply a magician

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Oblang(m): 7:25am On Jun 26, 2017
Pavarottii:
The topic alone shows that he achieved little or nothing. Even wen he didn't av militancy and bokoharam distracting him . U just hear this gsm crap achievements. Any president at that time would av welcomed it. The gsm came at his time. Not that he brought it.

My brother don't let anybody deceive u. The so called majority the west and north. Will try to dunce any speech that says GEJ is the best president ever in Nigeria. Cos he is not from their tribe or religion. U can see from the latest quick notice, that most of them(not all) are bigots.
Even obj respects GEJ.

I knew u were saying rubbish when u said he had no militancy distracting him....

2 Likes

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by adetayo234: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2017
CareTaker1:

You can as well say the governor in power when innoson motors started was the one that brought automobile industry to the state. Stop talking like someone with half-baked education sir.

1 Like

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by reuben79: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2017
obj ws a looter,but he is a great president we can never 4get for great achievement........obj paid nigeria dept,he paid £29b Atoff 32b,intro of gsm nd computer,sign civil defence in to law,estab of niger delta development commission,introd of pension industry,estab of nepad,efcc,icpc,ube,open university,stability of democracy in nigeria,6 of geo political zone....and some other i cannot remember now
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Pavarottii(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2017
Oblang:

I knew u were saying rubbish when u said he had no militancy distracting him....
Militancy disturbing at Wat level?

1 Like

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Pavarottii(m): 8:20am On Jun 26, 2017
boluvet:

See dis one. Keep quiet if u don't know Wat to say. Wh 're roads were death traps. Where there was no power. Electoral fraud. Imposition of candidates. U lied wen u said our debt profile was zero. Where bribery was bane of d day. Someone that with his rascality was bullying his vice and the whole NASS. Please tell me how the lives of Nigerians was better under obj than GEJ. Where there was subsidy scam. And don't forget that gej also increased minimum wage. Please tell us another story. Obasanjo is the most corrupt president in Nigeria after abacha. Since u said obj brought communication, I can as well say gej brought cashless system to Nigeria. Wat was d economy growth during both admin. Wat was d level of econony diversification between the two.

Please take Ur cabbage to d bin. Better go and browse to see both achievements. Not telling us stories like we were not in dis country during onus time. Where political assassination was the order of the day.

1 Like

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by eposho: 8:37am On Jun 26, 2017
boluvet:

Y don't you replace obj with God?
Only in Nigeria we refused to use our given assets to the fullest.
Obj the most deceitful, greedy, corrupt head we,ve ever had.
I will zone his failure to one issue alone, me myself and I.
He tot he was the messiah by wanting to change the constitution for a third term.
Under obj, can you clearly recall how many plane crashes we had? How pdp governors were killing there opponents unchallenged ? Including this bloody fayose that got rid of that American professor?gbenga Daniels got rid of dina diya, while donald was doing his own?
Obj is a missed opportunity,a clown.
He ruled for 8yrs, abk looked like a rundown village.
The is man is corruption personified.

1 Like

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by aribisala0(m): 8:47am On Jun 26, 2017
CareTaker1:

This is quite a daft one. Who are we to credit for bringing roads to Nigeria for the first time,the motor car television,radio,football,air travel, armed robbery. GSM is simply a technology whose time had come . It is not the achievement of a government. WHO brought GSM TO JAPAN USA UK GERMANY etc? No politician in those places will be stupid enough to say that. Who brought Baba Ijebu, toothpaste.?
Who brought ATMs
Who brought electricity
Who brought sanitary pads
Whin government brought toilet roll.
Obasanjos main achievements are
PENSION REFORM.this is the most important
Paying off the national debt.
Creating EFCC
Creating NAFDAC
He had many failures eg disobedience to court orders. Withholding Lagos money,Third term agenda and giving us GEJ
The economy grew FIVE TIMES under him probably greatest in our history

4 Likes

Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Segadem(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2017
Kc7:
it depends on what you are looking for?
U should have listed the achievements of GEJ in six years as president, and that of PMB in two years then we will know the angle you are coming from angry
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Segadem(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2017
aribisala0:

This is quite a daft one. Who are we to credit for bringing roads to Nigeria for the first time,the motor car television,radio,football,air travel, armed robbery. GSM is simply a technology whose time had come . It is not the achievement of a government. WHO brought GSM TO JAPAN USA UK GERMANY etc? No politician in those places will be stupid enough to say that. Who brought Baba Ijebu, toothpaste.?
Who brought ATMs
Who brought electricity
Who brought sanitary pads
Whin government brought toilet roll.
Obasanjos main achievements are
PENSION REFORM.this is the most important
Paying off the national debt.
Creating EACH
Creating NAFDAC
He had many failures eg disobedience to court orders. Withholding Lagos money,Third term agenda
and giving us GEJ
Obasanjo didn't give GEJ, obasanjo has only one vote to vote in GEJ and you and I have many votes to vote him out, but we decided to for GEJ because he was the best candidate around that time and he failed us.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by YINO(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
boluvet:

I love how you’ve made your points.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Sirjamo: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
ikennaoma:

My brother I don't agree with. We all knw that obj looted money 4rm our treasury but he really worked.
He tackled so many issues we faced during that period. security, telecommunication, power infact he built majority of d power stations that are in use nw. He transformed d education sector, he introduced UBE, made our banking sector strong. He was the only president that increased the salaries of our workers without any union action, constructed the major federal roads in nigeria,he fought crime(EFCC), he set up agencies that are beneficial 2 d citizens like NAFDAC, NDDC etc. Brother stop being sentimental with ur comments. The topic is clear what are d achievements of OBJ since 8yrs of his tenure NOT d areas he failed during his 8yrs tenure.
Which federal roads did he build and commissioned? Name 3 only.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Dapson73(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
Let me add my voice..
International communities granted Nigeria pardon on their Loans. In other words, Obasanjo pleaded to the World powers that Nigeria was broke and don't have money to repay our Loans and the loans were cancelled.
Although I was a bit younger then, but I couldn't forgot that achievement.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Randerl: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
victorDanladi:

Meet an average nigerian teacher,they will tell you many.Anyone that doesn't speak good of him is an ingrate.

Dapson73:
Let me add my voice..
International communities granted Nigeria pardon on their Loans. In other words, Obasanjo pleaded to the World powers that Nigeria was broke and don't have money to repay our Loans and the loans were cancelled.
Although I was a bit younger then, but I couldn't forgot that achievement.

God Bless All You and Your Generations.

Op herein lies your answers
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Randerl: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2021
boluvet:

Thank you and God Bless You.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Tinubuadvocate: 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
The only thing I know that obasanjo did that I can say anywhere was that he made sure that Nigeria is prohibited for militarily for stage a coup. Which means he stabilized Democracy in Nigeria.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Dapson73(m): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
Amen and you too.

Randerl:

God Bless All You and Your Generations.

Op herein lies your answers
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Banking and GSM.
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by GNature(m): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
boluvet:

Execellent!

So true!
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Ovamboland(m): 1:29am On Sep 12, 2021
ikennaoma:

Obasanjo hardly completed any of the few new roads projects he started and many of the existing roada fell into disrepair including the closest to his house at Otta. We still remember the 300bn Tony Annenih minister of works then could not account for. He failed to create a road works financing mechanism like we now have. The FERMA he created was only used for politics to fight lastma in Lagos
Re: What Are Obasanjo's Achievement In His 8 Years As President? by Marquee8: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2021
boluvet:

So much respect for you. Many of these indomie generation can't relate.

Obasanjo laid the foundation on which we are thriving now.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch / Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault / How Peter Obi's Enemies In Igboland Were Disgraced.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 249
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.