Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Mothers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mothers (1117 Views)

Pics: NEMA Distributes Delivery Kits To 410 Expectant Mothers In Borno IDP Camps / Photo: Young Nursing Mothers Who Breastfeed Men For Huge Money Arrested / Send Mothers Day Gifts To India Through Govasool.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers by Scorpio(f): 5:28am On Jan 15, 2006
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

3. My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

4. My mother taught me about WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

5. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY. "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

6. My mother taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE. "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

7. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like your father."

8. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

9. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

10. My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

11. My mother taught me JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you."

How many of these did your mother teach? AND how many did you teach your children?

Iono about y'all,but 6 n 11 are soooooooooooooooooooooooo my mom, geez i love her to death tho! lmao
Re: Mothers by layi(m): 5:43am On Jan 15, 2006
6 is true of all mothers. We eat their food everyday with utmost faith (no poison threat).

Anyway from what i read above...that mother is something else ..... lipsrsealed
Re: Mothers by WesleyanA(f): 5:57am On Jan 15, 2006
How many of these did your mother teach?

well, my mom has forever been teaching # 1 (i fight a lot w/ my brothers. we just basically scream and yell at each other).

she's also been teaching # 4 since forever (i know my room's tidy but she just always seem to look for a fault with it).

actually # 9 is the opposite of my mom. In her words: "that's no food. go and make yourself some eba (solid food)".

and yeah. I loveee my mom kiss kiss even though she piss me off sometimes.
Re: Mothers by icingbaby(f): 2:49am On Jan 18, 2006
nice one scorpio.

my mother taught me # 3, 6,10 and 11
Re: Mothers by ocho(f): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2006
my mum sure did teach me #s 2, 6 and10. she tired to teach me #9,but i just never listned lipsrsealed love u mom kiss
Re: Mothers by lauryn(f): 12:33am On Jul 07, 2006
she taught me more than I'ld ever know.
Re: Mothers by mamaput(f): 9:29am On Jul 07, 2006
Funny but i learned more from her mistakes.
The best i have from her is that there are things i will not do the way she did them.
The good things are in the blood so i do not have to learn those.
Re: Mothers by mamaput(f): 9:31am On Jul 07, 2006
She was even the one that advised me not to do somethings the way she dose them.
More like in do what i say and not as i do.
Re: Mothers by eveseh(f): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2006
awwwwwww,i love dis kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cry cry kiss

(1) (Reply)

Why Would A Nigerian Keep Her True Age Secret? / Use Of Nairaland Site / How Can I Change My Username

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.