Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari (17298 Views)

No Apologies, Tinubu Has Character Required For Nigeria — Wike / Bala Mohammed: I have No Apologies For Using Chloroquine To Cure Coronavirus / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Nkemakonam62: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2019
Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara has warned that there was no apology over bombing of bandits and urged the Nigerian Air Force to continue to flush out the hoodlums from their hideouts.

Yari alleged that some people were working against the state and warned that there was apology over alleged killing of innocent citizens during bombardment of suspected bandits’ camps in Dumburum village in Zurmi local government.

The governor made the statement on Saturday when a 7-man investigation team on the matter visited him at his Talata-Mafara private residence.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the state’s Council of Chiefs had a fortnight ago alleged that innocent citizens were recently bombarded through air strikes in the area by personnel of the Nigeria Air Force (NAF).

“As far as I am concerned and as the head of government in the state (Zamfara), l haven’t seen anything wrong done by the air force, l haven’t received any brief on such matter.

“Dumburum has been a criminal hideout for over three years and the Emir of Zurmi has once asked me to go and wipe out the area saying all those residing there were bandits, so l am surprised that the emir will be part of those saying innocent people were killed in an encounter in the area,” he said.

The governor alleged that “some people will stay in Abuja and fabricate things against the operations in Zamfara in order to distract the operation, this we must not allow’’.

“Please, all security agencies especially the air force should continue with your usual constitutional duties and the state government will give you all the support to facilitate your concentration in trying to bring back peace which has eluded the state since 2007.

“You should continue with fire power to show the criminals that there is a government in place and we won’t negotiate with them again because when we did that in the past, the leaders pretended as if all was well while they allowed their boys to continue to lay siege on the communities,” he said.

Handing over a letter of condolence to the governor from the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar, the team leader, AVM Idi Lubo said it was part of the chief’s concern in case the allegations were true.

He said, “the Chief of Air Staff has directed us to properly investigate the matter in order to unravel the truth.

“We have visited other stakeholders and discovered that there was a misinformation which we have now resolved and wish to assure the people of the state that we shall continue to discharge our assigned responsibilities in protecting the innocent with professionalism.”

The team which was conducted round the relevant stakeholders by the Commander of 207 Quick Response Group, Squadron Leader Sunkanmi Thomas thanked the support given to the Air Force operating in the state.

The team visited heads of security agencies, the traditional rulers and government officials among others while in the state.

In the course of the investigation, emirs in Zamfara recanted their allegations and apologized to the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) for misleading the nation on the fight against bandits.

The traditional rulers had, a fortnight ago, went specific that air strikes on suspected bandits camps hit at and killed innocent citizens in some parts of the state.

The outburst of the emirs, also prompted the Minister of Defence, Alhaji Mansur Dan Ali, to accuse some high ranking traditional rulers of conniving with the bandits.

In a turn-around, the Chairman, Zamfara State Council of Chiefs, Alhaji Attahiru Ahmad, tendered an apology to NAF for the allegations.

The Chairman Council of Chiefs, who is also the Emir of Anka, made the apology when a seven-man high powered investigation team led by AVM Idi Lubo visited him at his palace in Anka on Saturday.

The emirs spoke at a press briefing through the Emir of Bungudu, Alhaji Hassan Attahiru.

The Emir of Bungudu also followed up the claim with the release of the names of some persons who were killed in the air strikes.

The Emir of Anka, however, said “the council regrets the embarrassment caused by the press briefing because it was not targeted at the Air Force or the army but at our own son, the Minister of Defence, who wrongly accused us of complicity in the bandits activities in the state.

“l apologize over whatever embarrassment the statement may have caused and from now, we have drawn a line, there won’t be anything like that again, and I want to appeal that care should be applied while tracking the bandits and when they run from your fire power into the community, the land army should take over so as to avoid killing the innocent.

“Out of the 17 emirate councils that we have in the state, mistakes occurred in only four and the submissions we made were gathered in the last two years, l also want to state that nothing happened on innocent citizens in the last six months in the state,” he said.

While speaking on the list of killed persons that was later released by the Emir of Bungudu, the Chairman of the Council of Chiefs said: “The Emir of Bungudu is not the spokesman of the council even though he read our press briefing that day.

“The list of victims that he released to the press on a later day did not emanate from me nor was I aware of it as the Chairman, l will only take responsibility because l am the Chairman”.

He then assured that the traditional council would continue to support security agencies in the fight against armed banditry in the state and urged the army to go and occupy deserted villages where some of the bandits were hiding.

Lubo told the emirs that the team was in the state to investigate the true position of the allegations in order to avoid future occurrence.

“We have also come with condolence letter from the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar, in case some innocent people were killed in our encounter with bandits.”

NAN reports that the team was taken round stakeholders by the Commander of the 207 Quick Response Group in the state, Squadron Leader Sunkanmi Thomas.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/04/no-apologies-over-bombing-of-bandits.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Blakjewelry(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2019
so you are telling telling me the Nigeria police can't form a strike force to take out these guys

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by silverbirdng(f): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2019
Hmm
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by MaddySav: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2019
Riffraffs
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Satan66(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2019
I expect more from the bandits and what's up with Boko Haram?
No news of them bombing the north and am honestly disappointed
This isn't the next level we expected angry

4 Likes

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2019
Is Governor hallucinating, I think the bandits said they have information before the bombing,Who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by amakenny: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2019
Nigeria the only country in the world that bombs its citizens.

Far North wants to live in a region governed with Islamic Sharia Criminal laws.

East wants to live in a region where govt is separated from religion

Citizens of various groups want regional autonomy to practice their religious faiths, develop at their own pace.

But a few politicians at the Abuja Central govt seize sovereignty from the diverse Nigerian groups, collect revenues all over Nigeria, spend the largest portion. Corruption is it.

Citizens outrage spring up Boko Haram, Bandits, Separatist groups.

Abuja govt responds by acquiring sophisticated weapons to kill the citizens, instead of restructuring the political process.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2019
Jubril Al Sudan's Nigeria.

Instead of nabbing interrorgating and confirming their identity. What a savage nation run by islamic hot heads.
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:44am On Apr 21, 2019
War crimes barbaric idiot. The value we place on Human life's in Nigeria is less than the value we place anything else. How can a governor say this about his kinsmen people who put him where he is people whom he took an oath to secure their lives and property. Charlatans him and the Emir.
Im sure their religion of peace has a role to play in all this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Olajah81: 9:45am On Apr 21, 2019
Summary pls
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by ncha373(m): 9:46am On Apr 21, 2019
Is best u wipe out the state ...I just wipe for people we choose as leader in this country.... Reported that innocent people are also killed in the process best he should do is console and not flex muscle
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Eteka1(m): 9:48am On Apr 21, 2019
I think the military is doing a good job in the North West and need to be encouraged by all to totally wipe out the bandits.

2 Likes

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Happiness6063(f): 9:48am On Apr 21, 2019
I like his action
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by udemzyudex(m): 9:49am On Apr 21, 2019
The name have been changed from Bokoharam to Bandit huh?

Oh I get it, if it is bombing, it will be tag Bokoharam but if it killing with knives and gun, they are tag Bandit.

1 Like

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by MufasaRebirth: 9:49am On Apr 21, 2019
Na thier cup of tea...its none of my business....if dem like make dem bomb the whole zamfara cum add borno join na dem know... I know alot on my plate already than to worry about some goat fuckers sad

1 Like

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Happiness6063(f): 9:49am On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:
Lol... Its the kind of change I was hoping for.
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Pavore9: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2019
So the bandits are beyond the Police?
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by BlackfireX: 9:52am On Apr 21, 2019
Mumu....

Citizen or bandits

Incompetent army
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by AntiWailer: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2019
This is a serious person.
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Afonja007: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2019
If una like make una use atomic bomb a no concern for south angry
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by AntiWailer: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2019
Pavore9:
So the bandits are beyond the Police?

How is that a problem ?

As long as there is a force to contain them.
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Pavore9: 9:57am On Apr 21, 2019
AntiWailer:

How is that a problem ?

As long as there is a force to contain them.

Is that not a reflection of institutional failure?
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by igbosarejews(m): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2019
Wating I go con type now . Governor blame emires , emires blames minister of defence , blames air Force and army .
Na north wahala be that .

Just that the resources used in prosecuting these their wars of conquest (JIHAD) , is coming from the Eastern region undecided

1 Like

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by unitysheart(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2019
Hood one Mr Governor.
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by noisy45(m): 10:18am On Apr 21, 2019
I just don't know when North Korea or Russia will nuke Nigeria. They should do it soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Otunski: 10:22am On Apr 21, 2019
Which Bandits? Is it those ones that get prior notice of the planned bombardment ahead of time? Yari is truly useless as pointed out by Kadaria.
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Lymasaba(m): 10:34am On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:
that's why I love NL 2m members 1m characters to learn from ... see another devil here
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Sabaru21(m): 10:38am On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:

may the Boko boys have the opportunity to bomb ur house,and the bandits to strike ur family..Ameeenn
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Sabaru21(m): 10:38am On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:

may the Boko boys have the opportunity to bomb ur house,and the bandits to strike ur family Ameen
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Lymasaba(m): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2019
Otunski:
Which Bandits? Is it those ones that get prior notice of the planned bombardment ahead of time? Yari is truly useless as pointed out by Kadaria.

that is good idea but only if u know... they shouldn't be crush all at once ..drug with instance cure has d most devastating side effect .. the north will be librated anytime soon ..clam down
Re: No Apologies Over Bombing Of Bandits- Yari by Sabaru21(m): 10:40am On Apr 21, 2019
Satan66:

may the Boko boys have the opportunity to bomb ur house,and the bandits to strike ur family Ameen

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Marketers Not Allowed To Fix Fuel Price – FG / Ekiti: No Plans To Dump APC, We Will Teach Them Lessons - Bamidele, Bamisile / Feb Poll: Tension In PDP Over INEC Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.