Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (44583 Views)

Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial / MURIC Blasts Governor Wike For Declaring Rivers Christian State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2019

Governor Nyesom Wike has said that Rivers State is a Christian state and that he will not apologise for saying that. The governor stated this on Sunday June 23rd during the Lord’s Chosen Crusade at the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

Speaking at the programme, Governor Wike said the forces of darkness invaded the state and attempted to rob the mandate of the people, but God stood firm.

“We saw forces, but the greater force, God Almighty came. With this crusade. Rivers State will be abundantly blessed. I repeat once again without apologies, Rivers State is a Christian State. That is why nobody can touch us. When it mattered most, the Christian community prayed and God heard your prayers. I will continue to support the activities of all Churches. This Government will always partner with the churches , whatever the programme they are engaged in. I urge the Church to continue to pray. Each time you pray, put us in your prayers”, he said.

He said that God prevailed in Rivers State on March 9th during the governorship election and took charge of the state.

“On March 9th light prevailed over darkness. God showed himself and he is in charge. But for God, I wouldn’t have been here addressing the Christian faithful. The enemies came to Rivers State to take over the state and stop the will of the people. But God said no and the will of the people prevailed “, he said.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/no-apologies-rivers-state-is-christian.html?m=1

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by engrsyer(m): 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
No doubt about that. It is 100% Christian state.
Any Rivers indigene whom become a Muslim does that out of stomach infrastructure not because the person wants to be Muslim for salvation or to make heaven

303 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by unohbethel(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
As an afonja muslim wey i be... This thread is not good for my health

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by orion7: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
wike tell them head slammers ooo

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
I support Wike in this. RIVERS STATE IS A CHRISTIAN STATE.

172 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Born2Breed(f): 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
Una go kneel for church and still attend that meeting for night.

88 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by simonlee(m): 3:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
Born2Breed:
Una go kneel for church and still attend that meeting for night.
meeting in your compound abi?!

224 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Born2Breed(f): 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
simonlee:

meeting in your compound abi?!

How you take dey know sef.

You be that omniknowest?

12 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by AntiWailer: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Oshey !!! play religious card.

It works for the dumb ones.

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by chloride6: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Chai..

See human being pickin..

grin

5 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Abbeyme: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
oya
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by NameChecker: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
ok
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Honor10: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
Yoruba moslems will not like this news.

There is no state in this country you would get 90% indigenous moslems, the thing dey pain moslems wella wella.

When will u av sense? What concern yorubas with this? U guys must really be scare of anything Yoruba. Nonsense

75 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by PrinceKevin01: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
Before nko?
Is it news?

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Neddstark: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
Yes we know Rivers state no be Muslim state. Rivers State na confra state jooor

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by majamajic(m): 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
unohbethel:

take heart

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by zibya: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
engrsyer:
No doubt about that. It is 100% Christian state.
Any Rivers indigene whom become a Muslim does that out of stomach infrastructure not because the person wants to be Muslim for salvation or to make heaven
But Asari Dokubo is a Muslim

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by SILVERLINES: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
Legit governor of the year

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Benekruku(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
Nigeria is an Islamic country

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Abbeyme: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
unohbethel:

Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by abkrgumel(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
That doesn't mean anything Muslim state.
Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by bro4u: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
unohbethel:
Lols

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
Thank God they er beginning to have the courage to shed off thier hypocrisy

5 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
Louder sir..
I don't think those at the back can hear you sir.

16 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
chelseaeternity:

“We saw forces, but the greater force, God Almighty came. With this crusade. Rivers State will be abundantly blessed. I repeat once again without apologies, Rivers State is a Christian State. That is why nobody can touch us. When it mattered most, the Christian community prayed and God heard your prayers. I will continue to support the activities of all Churches. This Government will always partner with the churches , whatever the programme they are engaged in. I urge the Church to continue to pray. Each time you pray, put us in your prayers”, he said.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/no-apologies-rivers-state-is-christian.html?m=1
When it comes to bluntness, boldness, bravery, the award just have to go to Wike!!!

He says and knows what he's doing!!!

Not like some adults that sits on the fence! Look at how Rochas messed himself up in Owerri undecided something most governors will not permit in the North and all for what

Watch how some Bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen would want to infiltrate but as always God will be waiting to tell them the difference between Creator and creation!!!

oluwaseyi000:

if a Northern governor has said this, e-warriors will have started world war 3, truth is politicians don't give a damn about religion, it is simply a tool for them nothing more nothing less. Rivers is a Christian state but then they will still steal Christian state money, align with Muslim for National cake and power sharing, religion is truly meant for the third class citizens
They said and did more than that but we did not see your likes to castigate them!!!

Google El-rufai and Buhari's stands then you will know that there's no greater fanatics than Mr President

If they don't give a damn then why are they killing Christians Why silence all the Christian governors

My dear, they, especially the Northerners give a damn!!!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
Same with my edo state. In fact all good southern state's are Christian state.

We don't want any Islam here. The first church in west Africa was build in Benin, we were the first Africans to accept Christianity as our religion. We breath Christianity u

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by jrusky(m): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
FACT!!!

WHOEVER NOT PLEASE WITH WIKE STATEMENT CAN GO AND DIE.

I LOVE WIKE BECAUSE HE IS A MAN, VERY BOLD WITH NO FEAR OR FAVOUR.

GOD BLESS RIVER PEOPLE.

12 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2019

if a Northern governor has said this, e-warriors will have started world war 3, truth is politicians don't give a damn about religion, it is simply a tool for them nothing more nothing less. Rivers is a Christian state but then they will still steal Christian state money, align with Muslim for National cake and power sharing, religion is truly meant for the third class citizens

70 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists / Cody Murray Bruce: Ben Bruce Son, Graduates From High School / ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.