Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

(c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site (3749 Views)

How To Get Millions Of Daily Visitors On Linda Ikeji To See Your Business / How Can I Get More Visitors On My Website? / To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by ddon4(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2010
how can i know the number of people who have visited my website. plz guys help me out on it.
Re: (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by Code128: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2010
You coud count the no of unique sessions.
Re: (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by ign1tew3b: 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2010
Professionally it would make sense for you to get an analytics account.

Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of internet data for purposes of understanding and optimizing web usage. Web analytics is not just a tool for measuring website traffic but can be used as a tool for business research and market research. Web analytics applications can also help companies measure the results of traditional print advertising campaigns. It helps one to estimate how the traffic to the website changed after the launch of a new advertising campaign. Web analytics provides data on the number of visitors, page views, etc to gauge the traffic and popularity trends which helps doing the market research.

try
http://www.google.com/analytics/ orĀ  http://web.analytics.yahoo.com/

hope this helps

please visit www.ignite-ng.com today
Re: (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by ddon4(m): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Code128 thx but can yu please provide me with the code cos i am just a beginner
Re: (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by lojik(m): 1:26am On Sep 17, 2010
This is how we do it in web development. B4 u re-invent the wheel, make sure its worth ur time.
Click the link below to get tons of visitor counter scripts

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=free+php+visitors+counter+script
Re: (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 17, 2010
Exacta lojik, it is not everything that needs wasting time on
Re: (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by ign1tew3b: 10:24am On Sep 17, 2010
A couple of years ago it was very fashionable to have a 'Hit Counter' on your website. Today you run the risk of being labelled a newbie, or a hobby website owner if you have a hit counter on your website. The problem with hit counters are that

[list]
[li]Nobody is quite sure what these 'hits' are counting. As you will see, collecting detail about website statistics is not as straightforward as it sounds. A hit could be anything from a unique visitor to the fact that you've displayed 5 graphical elements on your site (in which case, 5 hits will be recorded!)[/li]

[li]Hit counters are very easy to manipulate. It is not unknown for a desperate webmaster or website owner to set the hit counter to start at a vastly inflated number. Hit counters can also easily be reset - again to any number that you feel like.[/li]

[li]If you have a website with very low traffic, do you really want to proclaim that to the world? Especially if you are trying to promote your website for advertising purposes (let this be a warning to anyone wanting to advertise on a website - first do some investigation into how much traffic the website gets before laying out big money)[/li]
[/list]

You can do it right way and get an a free Analytics account from yahoo or google go the easy way use a hit counter
Re: (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by ddon4(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2010
Thank you very much lojik. it takes me less than 5min to get the code. you are too much bro
Re: (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site by ign1tew3b: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
A couple of years ago it was very fashionable to have a 'Hit Counter' on your website. It supposedly showed the whole world how many 'hits' you've received to date. Today you run the risk of being labeled a newbie, or a hobby website owner if you have a hit counter on your website. The problem with hit counters is that
1. Nobody is quite sure what these 'hits' are counting. As you will see, collecting detail about website statistics is not as straightforward as it sounds. A hit could be anything from a unique visitor to the fact that you've displayed 5 graphical elements on your site (in which case, 5 hits will be recorded!)

2. Hit counters, unlike odometers, are very easy to manipulate. It is not unknown for a desperate webmaster or website owner to set the hit counter to start at a vastly inflated number. Hit counters can also easily be reset - again to any number that you feel like.

3. If you have a website with very low traffic, do you really want to proclaim that to the world? Especially if you are trying to promote your website for advertising purposes (let this be a warning to anyone wanting to advertise on a website - first do some investigation into how much traffic the website gets before laying out big money).
As I mentioned, collecting accurate traffic statistics is not straight forward. Different website statistics tools also have different ways of referring to the traffic.

If you want accurate and measurable result I would advise you get a free web analytics account, this is the professional way of monitoring web traffic

(1) (Reply)

Problem: Centering Text Using Php's Imagettftext / Hi, I Am Emmanuel; The Owner Of Tradelify, Ask Me Anything / My Request When Elvis10ten Is Cleared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.