Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? (2184 Views)

5 Factors That Make Your Website Stand Out / A Thread For Teenage Wap/webmasters/bloggers / (c# Asp.net)how Do I Know The Number Of Visitors On My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 16, 2011
Now, i have checked out a great number of websites that said they have wap cms frameworks, i had to finally return to joomla!

What solutions do you guys think is the best for driving wap 2.0 websites? and why?

Or should we just use the google free service? http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=http://www.nairaland.com/
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 11, 2011
Interestingly, now we are talking JQuery Mobile. I will implement JQuery Mobile later on for increased compatibility with more mobile devices.
These dayz of Ipad et al. But for now, you can still acces my site via mobile, and the blog is to an extent mobile compatible as well.
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by BoOOosHBoy: 4:25am On Nov 12, 2011
Ok. Waiting
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by micodon(m): 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2011
a website is a website, a wapsite is a wapsite. most of those sites u thnk re compatible with both web browsers and mobile browsers just have a wap version written in WML. javascript code is used to detect ur browser. if it detects a mobile browser, u re redirected to the wapsite. SIMPLE! u can optimize ur website for mobile surfing, but u cant make it compatible for both web browsers and mobile browsers. another thing is that most mobile phones are now powerful enof to render web browsers so that they appear jus fine
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 19, 2011
U are not up to date with latest trends. Do this simple test to see if am lying or not.
Open my blog - www.blog..net - load any post on the blog, copy the exact link to a browser on mobile and desktop - u wil see the 2 versions and no redirecting.
The same applies to the homepage of .net itself.
Thank you. Redirecting to mobile or /m is not always the case.
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by moderatorr: 7:47am On Nov 20, 2011
i write my css with percentages instead of pixels or em.
This makes my site mobile compatible, at least until i can do a wap version.
Wap version doesnt really mean you are going tn to a WML.
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Timileyin(m): 8:03am On Nov 20, 2011
Yu write yu css in to different sections, one for the mobile and the other for the desktop version, Also yu write a javascript to redirect depending on the device yu A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ on
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 20, 2011
So, if javascript is turned off? It fails. My site uses no redirection.
I wil post this into my blog - so that u guys can be enlightened more.
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Ymodulus: 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2011
For me i develop my themes in two categories desktop and mobile. Now the user has the option to choose either mobile or desktop view. But my default it will detect if its a mobile browser it uses a mobile theme and if its a desktop browser it uses a desktop theme. No need for redirecting as its old fasshioned.
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2011
Caramba. At last this is a brother talking sense. I thought i was going crazy! Thanks amigo, thank you very very much. Haba!!!!
Thanks is exactly how my site works, even if i was talking nonsense, i implemented the stuff on my site, you can see for yourself na.
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Ymodulus: 10:53pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^ you funny bro
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 21, 2011
If u say so amigo.
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by netesy(m): 12:20am On Dec 28, 2011
how did you input the code please show it and tell me how i can do it in my site NB my own script
Re: To Make Your Website Wap Compatible Like .net? How Do You Do It? by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 28, 2011
^^^Your grammar is too much, i dont get you.

(1) (Reply)

Just Joined This Forum :) / Designing A Website With A Mobile Phone / Buy This 500k Facebook Group And Say Goodbye To Low Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.