Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry (13130 Views)

Aviation, Works Ministry, Others Make Presentations As Buhari Presides Over FEC / 2021 Budget: Works Ministry Votes N1 Billion For Projects Supervision / Aroma flyover Bridge Is Safe - Anambra state Commissioner For Work (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
Newsbroadcastnaija:

The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, on Sunday said that the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos was safe for use, contrary to a Facebook posting spreading fears about the bridge.

The Ministry in a statement signed by Mr Hakeem Bello, Special Adviser, Communications, to the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, added that the expansion joints being speculated to be dangerous was among those slated for repairs.

“The General Public is hereby informed that the expansion joint shown in a Facebook video clip, is one of those slated for change during repairs on the Third Mainland Bridge which will commence soon.

“It is still functioning and our engineers and consultants have advised that it does not pose any structural danger to the bridge and it is safe for use.

“Commuters and Lagos residents will recall that the Third Mainland Bridge was shut down for a 3-day Investigative Maintenance in August 2018.

“Tests done on the expansion joints then — called static and dynamic load tests — were to check functionality. A number of expansion joints were identified for replacement then.

“More recently, in March this year, underwater confirmatory tests preceding the repair works to be done on the Bridge, were carried out on the piles to determine if there is further deterioration or not on the piles from that done in 2013.

“However, all the tests done preparatory to closure of the Bridge to commence comprehensive Maintenance works indicate that the integrity of the Bridge is intact.

“Therefore, the Third Mainland Bridge is safe for use, and people should desist from spreading or sharing false information about the Bridge on Social Media platforms.

“The expansion joints to be replaced are part of a regular bridge maintenance programme that has been neglected for decades, which the President Muhammadu Buhari administration is now addressing frontally, on many bridges nationwide.

“Such maintenance works include resurfacing of the Bridge, along with several others, which this administration is also undertaking as the bridge users will attest to a better driving surface,’’ it stated.

The Third Mainland Bridge is the longest of three bridges connecting Lagos Island to the mainland; the others are the Eko Bridge and the Carter Bridge.

Cc

Source: http://www.newsbroadcast.com.ng/2019/04/third-mainland-bridge-is-safe-works.html

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Abfinest007(m): 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
I wish not for davido boy ecool that posted d d situation of bridge on instagram u guys did nothing
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by legalwealth(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
They are truly doing nice job on that bridge; my driving experience on the bridge was better and smoother today! !!

Kudos to them! !!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by johnero353(m): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hmmm... It's alright
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
...until you jump from it.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Sammyadexxx(m): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
Nice one
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Centcanada: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
I hear. Tomorrow I will test my G wagon there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by seunmsg(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
Abfinest007:
I wish not for davido boy ecool that posted d d situation of bridge on instagram u guys did nothing

Not true. After last years test, Federal government awarded the repair contract to Borini Prono. The company is currently mobilizing to start the major repair works.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by IceTrice01: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
Centcanada:

If u sink na u know o
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by GrandHype: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hmm
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by FirstCounsel(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
Centcanada:
"Happy testing" grin
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by mosho2good: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
I'm still wondering All those people that fly at night
Can't they use that chance and fly out of Nigeria?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by toje39: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
Tired of Being Single and Emotionally Lonely BUT seriously ready for MARRIAGE? THEN HIT ME ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE FOR GENUINE MATCHMAKING

This couple on our official DP on Whatsapp and Telegram are basking wonderfully in the beauty of their marriage. They met, fell in love and got married on the platform of love and will be celebrating their ONE YEAR anniversary in a couple of months from now. A couple other wedding preparations are underway for couples who were connected on the platform of love already and more and more matchmaking connections are happening EVERY SINGLE DAY because we mean serious business of love matchmaking. NO JOKE!

You still a doubting Thomas? We just can't help your 'next level of thomasicological infracbrouhaha'

NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship, if you are looking for 2nd wife, if you are looking for sugar mummy, sugar daddy or sugar baby, if you are a married man or woman looking for 'sarawagba' (we have chased out and embarrassed over 30 married men from the platform so far) and if you are not ready to register to verify your details. PLEASE DONT BOTHER JOINING BECAUSE WE DONT WANT OR ACCEPT ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AFFECT THE WELL BEING OF OUR DEAR MEMBERS!

Signup, registration and membership absolutely free

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START YOUR TRUE LOVE CONNECTION NOW

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Truthbites: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Naija n lies. Until bridge collapse and kill people
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by PearlStreet(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Centcanada:

You have Gwagon on Nairaland but offline, your elder brother is lapping you inside Keke.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Deborachi(f): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
Thanks to Dremo
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by mytime24(f): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Thank God for social media
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Mayordanny: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
Nothing was wrong with the bridge in the first instance, Dremo just be Olodo�

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hmm

3 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by PearlStreet(m): 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
Mayordanny:
Nothing was wrong with the bridge in the first instance, Dremo just be Olodo�

They are expansion joints.

The spacing scared him whereas it's normal to have spacings before thermal expansion takes place.

Dremo doesn't know because he's more interested in shouting than knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Alejob: 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Where is your proof? You need powerbank for your laptop and phone. Why don't you holla? I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones is concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Jason007: 6:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
very silly set of people, they sit down in their offices while it's social media that does their jobs for them.... and after they start shouting party slogans like they even know what their jobs should be.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Luvinghubby: 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
Since it's Julius Berger that constructed the bridge, I think they should be the only firm assigned to maintain it. A different firm carried out maintenance during GEJ tenure, now Borini is on coming on board again. Every minister wants his own favoured contractor. Too many cook spoil the soup. SMH

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ok. Thank you for the update.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Lexusgs430: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
IBB try for this bridge matter..... We need the Military to return....... Democracy, a total failure in Nigeria.......

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by fakuta(f): 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
Anything from APC de fear me
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by adelee777: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
The confirmation has come! If a Nigerian govt agency say something is safe know that is the most dangerous thing on earth.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Hotzone(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
PearlStreet:

You have Gwagon on Nairaland but offline, your elder brother is lapping you inside Keke.
Abobi, easy

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Is Safe – Works Ministry by Bella55555(f): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
hytgf9i:
495 HOT SEX STYLE TO MAKE HER WET SO BAD AND WANT YOU ALL DAY

SEE VIDEOS AND PICTURES BELOW

[b][/b]
please this is politics section take note

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maduka Looks Good For Agu Awka. Anambra Central Traditional Rulers Endorse / Buhari Presides Over Council Of State Meeting (Photos) / Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.