Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Of Internal Colonialism, The Brewing Of Anarchy & The Desolution Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Internal Colonialism, The Brewing Of Anarchy & The Desolution Of Nigeria. (944 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, / Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Was Colonialism Good For Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Of Internal Colonialism, The Brewing Of Anarchy & The Desolution Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 01, 2007
The mockery called democracy as practiced in todays Nigeria, is worse than the damages caused by the external imperialsists.  I have chosen to call them external, because as of today, we have internal imperialists, we have internal colonial masters.  As the external colonial masters came to play "god", so has the internal colonial masters found it fashionalbe to play "god" also.  

As it was in the days of the external colonial masters where through intimidation and brutal force, so called leaders were appointed for us, so it is still today that we are not allowed to choose our leaders.  The task masters deem it all important to use the police and other available security agencies to impose who they want as our leaders; normally these people who are not popular are emboldened over night to dictate to us.  These people only represent the interest of those that appointed them.  

It is annoying that people of questionable characters are imposed upon us, yet it is more annyoing in the manner in which the imposition is being done.  It would be far better to appoint us an administrator (at least we know we dont have a say), than to beguile us into an election that was never meant to be, just to make the forceful appointment legitmate.  

The issue of the Nigerian Project is one that not a few Nigerians shy away from, and I wonder why we are so afraid to discuss.  In place of a National Conference, the so called Constitutianal Reform Conference was called of which the main agenda was to legitimise the "No vancancy" agenda of the incumbent.  Money, time and resources that would had been used to plan the future of Nigeria was wasted on trivivialites.  My question is, why are we afraid to talk?  Why are we afriad to discuss?  Why are we afraid of dialogue?

Let us continue to pretend that all is well, let us continue to play to the gallary, let us continue to over look the real issues until one day, we will wake up to discover that it is too late to discuss.  I am sure that the violent arm struggle in the Niger Delta took our internal colonial masters by surprise and they are trying as much as possible to sweep it under the carpet, yet the result of that violence is evident.  Not a few have died so far including the insurgents, innocent civilians and our beloved soldiers.  I have checked our prospects as a nation, and if we must continue in this trend, me thinks that Nigeria is not worth dying for.  

Not a few will conclude that the current agitation in the creeks of Niger Delta is a waste of time, yet that an indigine of Niger Delta is Vice- President SELECT , is an indication that voilence is the only language our task masters understands.  Yet, I keep wondering why we must wait for lives to be lost before we act.  

The forceful imposition of leaders in an open day robbery called election will only succeed in the brewing of anarchy.  The turn out on the 14th was better than on the 21st, that of the 21st was better than 28th so much that according to a national daily, Mr presidents asked aloud, "Where are the voters?".  Not many a few will want to sweep the fact a great number of fellow Nigerians were disenfrachised by this rape on our rights by our fellow blacks (is it bacuase we are blacks?), however, let them try as much as they can, such affront are ususally indelible.  It is already in history whether written or not that this is the worst we have had so far, but let me ask, are progressing or retrogressing?

If we are sincere with our selves, we could have at least go through the files of the Nwosu led electoral commision, and improve on what they did.  No, our colonial masters will abhor such as if we as a country are so afraid of what is good.  Today, not a few are celebrating IBB while such men as Nwosu are forgotten as if they are leprose or at worst never existed,  but the likes of Nwosu are what would had made Nigeria great. When our great and honest men are trampled upon while we celebrate the renegades how will the country be grate?

What the internal colonial masters could not find in Nwosu (a man to use to beguile), they found in Iwu.  Iwu had scored himself 80%, I dont doubt him but let me ask, 80% in what? Me thinks that Mr. Iwu has scored more than 80% in the "Brewing of Anarchy".

Finally, some Nigerians will want to sweep under the carpet this anarchy ignorantly entrenched by our internal colonial masters, but such "nothing will happen" attitude will lead to a situation when will wake up one day to discover that Nigeria has desolved.  

Did somebody say Impossible?  Well, the masters of the Soviet Union never knew that desolution was possible until it was too late.  I pray it never beomes too late for Nigeria.  

We need a new sturcture, we need a new constituton and it is not tomorrow but now.

Let us talk now.

(1) (Reply)

Yar'adua's Presidential Inauguration To Gulp N820m / When Is Atiku Going To Be Arrested? / Confusion As Pdp, Ad Present Same Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.