Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,519 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

2019: Defectors To APC Betrayed Akwa Ibom People- Aniekan Umanah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Defectors To APC Betrayed Akwa Ibom People- Aniekan Umanah (424 Views)

I Never Said APC Betrayed Me - Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks After EFCC Invited Him / APC Is Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake – Atiku Tells Defectors To PDP In Adamawa / Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Defectors To APC Betrayed Akwa Ibom People- Aniekan Umanah by AlhajiUmani(m): 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
2019: DEFECTORS TO APC BETRAYED AKWA IBOM PEOPLE - ANIEKAN UMANAH

Political office holders who jumped ship from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) did not only betray the PDP but also betrayed the people of Akwa Ibom State.

Former Commissioner for Information and Communications in the Akwa Ibom State and Member-Elect, Abak, Etim Ekpo, Ika Federal Constituency, Elder Aniekan Umanah made the assertion Monday during a live radio interview in Uyo.

Contrary to widespread comments that he betrayed  the defeated Senator Godswill Akpabio, Elder Umanah said he took a decision as an adult to stand with Governor Udom Emmanuel and support a party that has brought so much succour to his people.

Umanah, who also frowned at an allegation by Senator Akpabio, that his elder brother as a PDP member, was one of the electoral officers in Essien Udim, said nothing could be more fictitious.

"My only elder brother is the Village Head of Abak and is not a member of any political party, neither was he an INEC official in the elections."

The lawmaker-elect stressed that the people of Akwa Ibom State worship PDP as a religion and as a result of that, those who left the Party to APC did so to their own detriment, stressing that Akwa Ibom remains PDP.

While reaffirming his support for Governor Udom Emmanuel and the Akwa Ibom project, he stressed that his representation at the Green Chambers  is structured on two pillars of effective representation and massive empowerment and added that he is equipped with the nuance of legislative functions which will aid him attract the needed development to his constituency.

" I am going to the National Assembly to fill the void left in our Federal constituency by the outgoing member", he said.

Reacting to  Mr. Emem Uboh, one of his opponents  in the just concluded elections, who called into the programme and register his withdrawal from tribunal and  urged the people of Abak Federal Constituency to support the agenda of Elder Umanah in restoring the federal constituency back to her glory, Elder Umanah re-stated his commitment to connect the federal constituency with the National and State Government.

Mr Uboh of the Advanced Allied Party announced that "I know that I have spent so much money at the tribunal, but I want you to know that I have withdrawn the petition, and will rather support you and the Governor to succeed."

Re: 2019: Defectors To APC Betrayed Akwa Ibom People- Aniekan Umanah by Amuocha: 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
Great
Re: 2019: Defectors To APC Betrayed Akwa Ibom People- Aniekan Umanah by Sonoyom(m): 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2019

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Arrives Maiduguri, Inaugurates Projects / 178 Newly Elected Members Of The 9th Assembly Joins Force With Femi Gbajabiamila / Again, EFCC Moves Against Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.