Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (32828 Views)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Is Ilorin The Most Peaceful City In Nigeria? / Is Ikot-Ekpene Nigeria's Most Underrated City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Mrukk: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2019
Frankdoz29:
yes, that's the epic picture of renown afonja that sold Ilorin to Fulani caliphate.
That's Samuel Ladoke Akintola not Afonja pls. He died in 1966 during the coup
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by mrvitalis(m): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Yes they are better than you because people of that place don't go to ABA, it is you that leave your ABA Jungle to go live with them. Your beautiful ABA is useless to them while there ugly city like you claim is important to you even more than Your Beautiful ABA

Lol ......name five city u have been too

Is it the same oshogbo i was last year or akure ? Or brown roof sea of abiokuta ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2019
ken6488:

Yeah but later betrayed by the fulani and the conquest of Yoruba land begins
afonja never see his land as yoruba land. He want to stop aligning with the west reason why he betrayed them in the first place and align with alimi (the fulani traveler). Reason why yorubas head by oyo empire never went to his rescue because he already wanted out from them(yorubas/west).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2019
IntrovertedK:
stop disturbing yourself explaining things to omo nna. We that know Ibadan know what's up with the city. Many of those omo nna shouting osogbo, ibadan, ogbomoso haven't even crossed river niger once. They just always wanna spit rubbish.

I went to Osogbo recently and I was surprised at the number of Igbo in the city, it is like Lagos but they will come online to spew Rubbish about South West grin

3 Likes

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by adamyakub(m): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2019
All this is because we are seeing it from photo Ilorin city is not beautiful as we are seeing here
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

I went to Osogbo recently and I was surprised at the number of Igbo in the cities, it is like Lagos but they will come online to spew Rubbish about South West grin
they are everywhere all over sw. Even the small villages, their number in my hometown(in ondo state) self if we don't take pre-caution they will outnumber us soon ampa. Many of those ones outside Lagos are always sad when those ones in Lagos start their wahala because they fear yorubas in the sw might start another revolution which they'd be forced out of the zone. Don't mond those born and bred in aba boys, they are the ones that usually go about spewing trash online.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol ......name five city u have been too

Is it the same oshogbo i was last year or akure ? Or brown roof sea of abiokuta ?

You still don't get it ? Do you? What is good in your beautiful cities when it is just useless to you and I? What is good in your beautiful cities when you live in my ugly cities and my ugly cities is more important to you than your beautiful cities?

Call all those places whatever but when you go to that places Igbo are all over the place like the place is Lagos grin grin in South West most people Don't even know what South East look like and we don't care because we can see you everyday in our cities with Wheel Barrows

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Classickj(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2019
grandstar:
It looks prettier than Akure which itself too is quite nice. Wouldn't mind settling down in Akure
kwara has 16 local govt, only two of the local govt are OK the rest are f9
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Classickj(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2019
dreamwords:
Illorin is hausa land
we ve nupe, Yoruba and hause living in illorin and kwara state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by ken6488(m): 9:58am On Apr 23, 2019
IntrovertedK:
afonja never see his land as yoruba land. He want to stop aligning with the west reason why he betrayed them in the first place and align with alimi (the fulani traveler). Reason why yorubas head by oyo empire never went to his rescue because he already wanted out from them(yorubas/west).

On thing I studied then was that the yorubas then

Where always betraying there self
That's how old Oyo was distroyed

1 Like

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Classickj(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2019
iceboy4752:

Oga, what are you saying sef? grin
there are lot of fulani in kwara state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by dreamwords: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2019
Classickj:
we ve nupe, Yoruba and hause living in illorin and kwara state
I
Afonjas there are migrant from oyo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Classickj(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2019
opparadise:
Nice television-type of pictures while displaying a place. Could you show us villages now?
there village worst ooh
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by searchlight: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

That's is not Afonja stop giving people false information, That's Ladoke Akintola
Oya show us that sellout Afonja
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2019
IntrovertedK:
they are everywhere all over sw. Even the small villages, their number in my hometown(in ondo state) self if we don't take pre-caution they will outnumber us soon ampa. Many of those ones outside Lagos are always sad when those ones in Lagos start their wahala because they fear yorubas in the sw might start another revolution which they'd be forced out of the zone. Don't mond those born and bred in aba boys, they are the ones that usually go about spewing trash online.

Igbo in my Neighbourhood alone is more than 15, very soon they may out number us in South West lol but they will tell you Yoruba hate them grin

1 Like

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2019
searchlight:
Oya show us that sellout Afonja

Why don't you ask for the picture of Sango? Or the picture of Oranmiyan?
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by mrvitalis(m): 10:13am On Apr 23, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

You still don't get it ? Do you? What is good in your beautiful cities when it is just useless to you and I? What is good in your beautiful cities when you live in my ugly cities and my ugly cities is more important to you than your beautiful cities?

Call all those places whatever but when you go to that places Igbo are all over the place like the place is Lagos grin grin in South West most people Don't even know what South East look like and we don't care because we can see you everyday in our cities with Wheel Barrows

U dont get we igbos ...we are buyers and sellers ...we cant sale to ourselves ...we come to your place endure the conditions make profit off u ...send it back home to develop it more

Soon we would manufacture all we sale in the east ...and sale to u ...that's why i support one nigeria

U see chinese in other countries ...
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by 30billion: 10:13am On Apr 23, 2019
princeking2:
You did not show us where people are living. That is where the rating starts. Even Aba has beautiful structures.
i am based in Ilorin this pictures you see here are all lies,Tell the op to show you kwara poly,UITH the one in Oke oyi,tipper garage,government house,GRA,the real picture of kwara hotel and many more not hotel built by individual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by King44(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2019
IntrovertedK:
what is agbole?
so I should tell so that you and others would use it as a tool to mock the people abi mba nairaland is a war zone ( haters every where)
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by King44(m): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2019
30billion:

i am based in Ilorin this pictures you see here are all lies,Tell the op to show you kwara poly,UITH the one in Oke oyi,tipper garage,government house,GRA,the real picture of kwara hotel and many more not hotel built by individual
when I saw the picture of kwara hotel the op posted I thought there is something wrong with my eyes, d pic na scam, kwara hotel is a wreck

1 Like

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Olawalesmarter(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

U dont get we igbos ...we are buyers and sellers ...we cant sale to ourselves ...we come to your place endure the conditions make profit off u ...send it back home to develop it more

Soon we would manufacture all we sale in the east ...and sale to u ...that's why i support one nigeria

Whatever lol, you live in my house everyday while I hardly bother to know where yours is but still yet you talk to me about how my house is ugly and your house is beautiful when you still live in my house, is that not stupidity to you ? grin. Instead of spewing trash about South West everyday why don't you guys just stay in your Eastern Jungle and leave us alone? We don't bother you so why are you bothering us?

What you just confirm is that you can't survive without us but here in South West we don't even know where you crawl from, so instead of spewing trash about people that don't bother you don't you think it would be more sensible to stop going to their place and stop bothering them ?

4 Likes

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by ajimega: 10:28am On Apr 23, 2019
they are all mad in ilorin, herbalist na him full the so called alfas they have their and their work na to steal people daughters & wifes
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

I went to Osogbo recently and I was surprised at the number of Igbo in the city, it is like Lagos but they will come online to spew Rubbish about South West grin
Don't argue with all these mumu people. Don't even talk about Osogbo which is the most developed city in Osun state. Igbo people are many in Iwo and other towns in Southwest. Many of them make money in those towns without going to their region, they speak Yoruba fluently as if they are eating akpu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 23, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Igbo in my Neighbourhood alone is more than 15, very soon they may out number us in South West lol but they will tell you Yoruba hate them grin
they love using the hatred word all the time because they harbour it and believe everyone is living with them the way they live with people. Don't you see how they jubilate and celebrate each time they think they achieve something great in other peoples region? Like one rich hausa or yoruba man getting married to one of their women, they acquiring a property in yoruba land and all? It's special to them because they know that they will never allow that in their zone so they thought those of their kindreds that achieve that fought tooth and nail to achieve it not knowing they got things easily down here because they thought the world is living like them. Buh we've got to live them in their shallow hatred filled world. We are not mate in that aspect.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by geosegun(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2019
iceboy4752:
Illorin is in the North-Central. Historically, a Yoruba man named Afonja escaped from Oyo to settle in Illorin after he was expected to commit suicide. This is why there are Yoruba people in Kwara.

Yoruba owns Ilorin and most of the land in Kwara used to be part of the Oyo Empire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

here we go again.. Pre almagamation, were you the one selling to yorubas too? And what conditions are you enduring? You think our land is your region where you make life unbearable for yourselves? Smh

1 Like

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by mkoabiola: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2019
Ilorin is too peaceful .....

Missing divine foods and catering at unity

That all I can say

1 Like

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by mrvitalis(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Whatever lol, you live in my house everyday while I hardly bother to know where yours is but still yet you talk to me about how my house is ugly and your house is beautiful when you still live in my house, is that not stupidity to you ? grin. Instead of spewing trash about South West everyday why don't you guys just stay in your Eastern Jungle and leave us alone? We don't bother you so why are you bothering us?

What you just confirm is that you can't survive without us but here in South West we don't even know where you crawl from, so instead of spewing trash about people that don't bother you don't you think it would be more sensible to stop going to their place and stop bothering them ?
There are whites in africa right ?
Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2019
mrvitalis:

There are whites in africa right ?

There are few whites in Africa but are they all over our places? Like we are all over their Places?

This is Wrong comparison, black people are all over white people places while there are few whites in black people places, many whites still even Believe Africa is still a Jungle. In this comparison you are the Black while we are the whites, most of us still believe East is still a Jungle.

If you don't like South West stay in Your Eastern Jungle, stop telling heartbreaking stories of how we hate you while you invade all our cities everyday, just leave us alone !

3 Likes

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by TundeBricklayer: 11:06am On Apr 23, 2019
[s]
Olawalesmarter:

Even city like Lagos and Abuja is not perfect and good enough, But Ibadan is a great City and one of the most Developed city in Nigeria.

The only reason why most cities in South West still have brown roofs is because they are ancient cities with houses that were Built like almost 200 years ago and still counting and you just don't expect them to get rid of those old houses and buildings overnight, even United Kingdom still have its old structures till today. People don't live on roof tops and the only damage the brown roofs cause is ugliness of the skyline, but Ibadan have more new structures
[/s]
this boy stop fooling yourself with fake pictures, are you this dumb not to there is lagoon behind those buildings you posted, that's Lakki Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by Olawalesmarter(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
[s][/s]
this boy stop fooling yourself with fake pictures, are you this dumb not to there is lagoon behind those buildings you posted, that's Lakki Lagos.

You are just Stupid, you think Ibadan is like your jungle in South East, even the best University in the whole Nigeria is in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Is ILORIN Nigeria's Most Underrated City? by TundeBricklayer: 11:17am On Apr 23, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

You are just Stupid, you think Ibadan is like your jungle in South East, even the best University in the whole Nigeria is in Ibadan
Ode pictures you posted are fake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Motor Accident On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) / "The Glory Land Castleā€ In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) / Obituary Of Boy Killed After His Father Tried To Avoid Hitting Child On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.