Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,590 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally (11950 Views)

Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade / The Galaxy A Series! / Samsung’s Foldable Phone Is The Galaxy Fold, Starting At N714,780 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

Hey fandroid .
Nobody mentioned iPhone or Apple here . But your low self esteem self had to drag iPhone into it because that’s the only way you would cum , and feel good .
You feel good now, don’t you?
Attention seeking mofo ! Everyone that condemned Samsung up there are android users . None of them mentioned anything like Apple or iPhone!
Well, for your information. Samsung is not the first to produce a foldable phone like you claimed. Stop misleading people , you clown!
Google is your friend .
Samsung ,my foot!
Comparing apple phones to Samsung Be like comparing Saraki to the Almighty Jagaban .
Don’t kill yourself . iPhones are the best anytime any day .
My last response to you .
You are pained...saraki to almighty jagaban??
Even iPhone can't stand Huawei and OnePlus these days. Stop being an isheep being misled everyday, besides some isheep have already woken up to reality.. the first foldable phone is royalepai but it was just a prototype that didn't see the light of the day. Samsung Galaxy fold is the first mass produced foldable phone available for people.. was iPhone the first to start notch displays?? No, the copied it from essential phones...so stop making baseless comparison. And least I forget, comparing Samsung to Apple Is like comparing heaven to earth ( Samsung supplies most iPhone components from displays to modems)

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:21am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

Hey fandroid .
Nobody mentioned iPhone or Apple here . But your low self esteem self had to drag iPhone into it because that’s the only way you would cum , and feel good .
Attention seeking mofo ! Everyone that condemned Samsung up there are android users . None of them mentioned anything like Apple or iPhone!
Well, for your information. Samsung is not the first to produce a foldable phone like you claimed. Stop misleading people , you clown!
Google is your friend .
Samsung ,my foot!
Comparing Samsung phones to IPhones . Be like comparing Saraki to the Almighty Jagaban .
The irony Right? They keep saying apple users are show offs and all that but you will not see apple users dragging out Sammy or any android phone in apple related threads... It's always the opposite when it comes to android related threads..and yet apple users are the ones with a complex?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2019
matify83:
Not again!

Their brand name would suffer incalculable damage if this goes wrong after their "note 7" battery explosion saga of 2017.
It's not yet confirmed if it's because of the displays as only 4phones were defective of all the 200,000 units sold...News gathered that it's because of plastic film being produced to educate users not to remove the protective film
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2019
Neoteny:
That phone is the most bone-headed idea ever from Samsung.

Like they said in Jurassic Park, "just because you could doesn't always mean you should"

I mean, a two thousand dollar phone that.....folds.

So?

The screen is plastic with a proclivity to scratch and stretch, the phone looks ungainly when closed, it doesn't do any one thing well between being a phone and a tablet...

This is an experiment passed as a consumer product on its way to infamy similar to the explosive Note 7.

Good riddance.

You are technologically out of this world, no foldable displays can be made without using plastic, Huawei mate x that folds outside also uses plastic...as far as technology is concerned, only plastic solution proved to be available for foldable displays...we might see a better alternative very soon but not this year...so stop blaming a tech innovative company. They are the only one that could come out and mass produced a foldable display for first generation phones, can the dubbed almighty apple do that??

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 23, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

The irony Right? They keep saying apple users are show offs and all that but you will not see apple users dragging out Sammy or any android phone in apple related threads... It's always the opposite when it comes to android related threads..and yet apple users are the ones with a complex?
You get the drift bro.
These fandroids are so insecure. They have to mention apple or iphone to feel good
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 8:37am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

Another fandroid liar .
Nobody among those guys up there condemning Samsung mentioned anything like IPhone . Why are you so bitter and frustrated?
Stop hating .
iPhone 8 has wireless charging
iPhone 8 Plus , iPhone X , iPhone Xs , iPhone Xr , iphone Xs max . All of these phones have wireless charging .
But in your hating mind , Apple can not do wireless charging.
This Samsung that you want to kill yourself on top sef . You don’t have or use it .
Continue deceiving yourself.
Since when have Samsung be using wirelessly charging, since Samsung s6. What was apple doing then, they sat down and copied it, later releasing it 2years later

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

You are pained...saraki to almighty jagaban??
Even iPhone can't stand Huawei and OnePlus these days. Stop being an isheep being misled everyday, besides some isheep have already woken up to reality.. the first foldable phone is royalepai but it was just a prototype that didn't see the light of the day. Samsung Galaxy fold is the first mass produced foldable phone available for people.. was iPhone the first to start notch displays?? No, the copied it from essential phones...so stop making baseless comparison. And least I forget, comparing Samsung to Apple Is like comparing heaven to earth ( Samsung supplies most iPhone components from displays to modems)
Typical fandroid.
why are you shifting goalpost? You said samsung is tgefirst to produce foldable phones . now ibursted your bubble and youre now claiming samsung is the first to mass produce it and make it available to people . make what exactly available? The same phone that hasnt been launched? The same phone that you cant get even if you have your money is available to people?
LMFAO , why are you crying about apple notch?
who said anything about apple being the first to start notch display. why are you so insecure? lmao . no kill yourself o.
youre not even a samsung user for heavens sake !
but iphone is your problem , lmfao. wetin we no go see for naiiraland
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

Since when have Samsung be using wirelessly charging, since Samsung s6. What was apple doing then, they sat down and copied it, later releasing it 2years later
They sat down and copied it! lmfao
im done with you. im allergic to insecure people
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Itsmedozie: 8:51am On Apr 23, 2019
why all this dragging sef
iPhone is good
Samsung is good
don't use any though
but I prefer android to Apple os
anytime any day

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 23, 2019
nonxo007:

I don't see any reason as to why you should insult me my brother, you could still have made you comment without insults you know. That aside I like people like you...oya tell me in what way is IPhone better than Samsung..I was a great iPhone user until 2016 when I last used an iPhone 6..and switched to the droid and ever since I've experienced better services with the droid...talking about creativity you know deep down that Samsung and other android producers are way ahead of iPhone.. What new innovation has iPhone been able to come up with lately? Instead the keep releasing same phone over and over again. And I hope you know that airpower failed because they couldn't realize it
Report to the mods if i insulted you and stop foaming in the mouth.
All these people sef , once youre not on the same page with them, youre automatically insulting them.
I like people like you, you stylishly left the subject matter. you switched to droid!! grin . why not mention samsung.
I found out long ago that majority of you people that always carry samsung matter for head online and drap iphone users online dont even have samsung phones!!!
u people are so insecure!! damn!!
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

Typical fandroid.
why are you shifting goalpost? You said samsung is tgefirst to produce foldable phones . now ibursted your bubble and youre now claiming samsung is the first to mass produce it and make it available to people . make what exactly available? The same phone that hasnt been launched? The same phone that you cant get even if you have your money is available to people?
LMFAO , why are you crying about apple notch?
who said anything about apple being the first to start notch display. why are you so insecure? lmao . no kill yourself o.
youre not even a samsung user for heavens sake !
but iphone is your problem , lmfao. wetin we no go see for naiiraland
I see you have comprehension problem and you are taking things personal, I only mentioned the iPhone notch to nullify your claim that comparing Samsung to iPhone is comparing saraki to almighty jagaban
People like you just happen to read articles randomly on phone related stuffs without prior knowledge and start dashing out nonsense...since believe too much in your so called almighty jagaban your eyes have been blinded to see someone far greater than your jagaban..I pray you are freed from the shackles of being an isheep and you finally open to the see the world.
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by nonxo007(m): 8:57am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

Report to the mods if i insulted you and stop foaming in the mouth.
All these people sef , once youre not on the same page with them, youre automatically insulting them.
I like people like you, you stylishly left the subject matter. you switched to droid!! grin . why not mention samsung.
I found out long ago that majority of you people that always carry samsung matter for head online and drap iphone users online dont even have samsung phones!!!
u people are so insecure!! damn!!
Oga stop foaming in the mouth either and tell us what new tech can be found in IPhone tell me... Airpower failed hope you know. Mean while Samsung's devices are serves as a wireless charger. Let's appreciate the technological prowess of Samsung please. Just so you know I just don't use Samsung alone but I really appreciate the fact that they put alot of effort in coming up with new tech.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 9:02am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

They sat down and copied it! lmfao
im done with you. im allergic to insecure people
Why does it take them 2 years to do it??
Even small OEMS adopted the tech early but iPhone ?? No..
It took plain two years. The recently cancelled airpower stuff would been a good ranting opportunities for you isheep if Samsung was the one who couldn't finalize the product.
I have encountered many isheep and they all have the problem of this ego, that why they are always technologically defective and you seem to be one of them. Anyways, am not surprised
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 23, 2019
nonxo007:

Oga stop foaming in the mouth either and tell us what new tech can be found in IPhone tell me... Airpower failed hope you know. Mean while Samsung's devices are serves as a wireless charger. Let's appreciate the technological prowess of Samsung please. Just so you know I just don't use Samsung alone but I really appreciate the fact that they put alot of effort in coming up with new tech.
Fandroid , who said you shouldnt appreciatte samsung?
the fact that you needed to call out apple iphone because you wanted to appreciate samsung tells so much about how insecure you are!! cheesy
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

I see you have comprehension problem and you are taking things personal, I only mentioned the iPhone notch to nullify your claim that comparing Samsung to iPhone is comparing saraki to almighty jagaban
People like you just happen to read articles randomly on phone related stuffs without prior knowledge and start dashing out nonsense...since believe too much in your so called almighty jagaban your eyes have been blinded to see someone far greater than your jagaban..I pray you are freed from the shackles of being an isheep and you finally open to the see the world.
No coherence
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

It took plain two years. The recently cancelled airpower stuff would been a good ranting opportunities for you isheep if Samsung was the one who couldn't finalize the product.
I have encountered many isheep and they all have the problem of this ego, that why they are always technologically defective and you seem to be one of them. Anyways, am not surprised
The earlier you know that Apple iphone is not in a competetion with you guys . the better for you.
Dont die of insecurity cheesy
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

No coherence
To you, you are seriously affected
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 9:10am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

The earlier you know that Apple iphone is not in a competetion with you guys . the better for you.
Dont die of insecurity cheesy
Lol...I bet they don't need to come up with the three camera setup, the two camera is already good enough, they don't need faster processor since they are not competitors.
I recently heard they filed a patent for foldable phones too, why go through all the hassle when they are not in competition with anybody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

Lol...I bet they don't need to come up with the three camera setup, the two camera is already good enough, they don't need faster processor since they are not competitors.
I recently heard they filed a patent for foldable phones too, why go through all the hassle when they are not in competition with anybody
Ok cheesy cheesy
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

To you, you are seriously affected
Please type something that makes sense
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by nonxo007(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

Fandroid , who said you shouldnt appreciatte samsung?
the fact that you needed to call out apple iphone because you wanted to appreciate samsung tells so much about how insecure you are!! cheesy
Hahahahhahaahahaha... Why should I be insured when using the latest tech over an old tech....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Its just sad iPhone has turned lots of Nigerians into sheeples...isheeps

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by nonxo007(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

Thanks for this comment, just the same thing I was telling one isheeple up there how iPhone has so brainwashed them that they don't know other devices as leaving them and moving to the future. But new tech iPhone can't bring out but people would still want to compare Samsung to and iPhone.. Its just an insult to technology... Common air power the failed at it, but Samsung s10 devices are wireless chargers on their own

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 9:19am On Apr 23, 2019
nonxo007:

Hahahahhahaahahaha... Why should I be insured when using the latest tech over an old tech....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I swear too many dumbfounded isheeps
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 23, 2019
nonxo007:

wow, so funny I forgot to laugh
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Blackicegold(m): 9:44am On Apr 23, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Asin ehenn, watch how Apple fans have been critcizing Samsung, with all these "it will explode" talk, while their dearly beloved Apple has not come up with anything new recently!! Only copy what others have implemented years back, to even make wireless charger self, them no fit!!

What is the need of the wireless charging. From my experience it is very slow compared to it plug and charge counterpart. Samsung good oo but iPhones are better. grin
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by emmylad4(m): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2019
Blackicegold:

What is the need of the wireless charging. From my experience it is very slow compared to it plug and charge counterpart. Samsung good oo but iPhones are better. grin

Everything have its own usage, and from online reviewers Samsung 10W wireless charging is faster than iPhone 5W follow come charger...browse or watch reviews before commenting first

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:08am On Apr 23, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

Apple may have taken off their foot slightly from the innovation pedal but they're still a force to be reckoned with..the notch design which almost every phone manufacturer (except Samsung) has been using for a while now(even infinix and tecno phones) was pioneered by Apple..apple removed the headphone jack and they followed suit(again except Sammy lol)..believe it or not all phone manufacturers are eagerly waiting for apple's next phone come this September.
Apple started the notch Are you kidding me Have you ever heard of essential phone
They started the notch but it was a smaller notch, Apple got the idea and expanded their own notch!!
Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Neoteny(m): 10:21am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

You are technologically out of this world, no foldable displays can be made without using plastic, Huawei mate x that folds outside also uses plastic...as far as technology is concerned, only plastic solution proved to be available for foldable displays...we might see a better alternative very soon but not this year...so stop blaming a tech innovative company. They are the only one that could come out and mass produced a foldable display for first generation phones, can the dubbed almighty apple do that??

You're technologically twisted

What did the original iphone teach you?

1. Squeezing a version of OSX into a small portable device was a major technological feat. That single achievement drove Android back to the drawing board. That was something that killed giants: Nokia, Blackberry, Windows Mobile. Jobs even gloated his device was five years ahead of any phone which turned out true. He asked for the impossible and he got it.

2. The iPhone keyboard. It was a technical nightmare to get it right, and it took some time because no multitouch portable device existed back then. It took clever programming and AI to get it right. Blackberry, after laughing hard at glass keyboards, couldn't do it.

3. Jobs was unhappy with the plastic screen of the nearly-ready iPhone and demanded for a hardened glass screen for his phone, something unheard of. A lot of science was done to get Corning's abandoned technology to suit the phone, thus was born gorilla glass.

When the iphone was released, with its design and sensors and glass screen and OSX guts...it was a marvel, and was ready for prime time.

The lesson here, almost anything can be achieved if the right resources are used. As applies to the Fold, yes some sort of polymer is the most available technology can do, but the device was rushed to market to beat Huawei and claim some status if being the first to market.

And as for that market, where does it exist? The Fold is a niche device, especially at almost $2,000. Too many comprises were made (it doesn't fold flush as Huawei's does, it has a crease, it has a notch etc)

For a $2,000 you must get it right. And with their current failure rate it appears quality control was gone to the dogs.

No one asked for a folding phone, it does not solve any real-world consumer problem. As a phone, it's bulky and expensive with a tiny screen. As a tablet it has a creased plastic screen that can never compare to with glass displays. So where does it fit?

It's just a mad rush to be first, something Apple never does. Apple polishes the experience to a fine point and that's why their cult following, and profits, are better than anyone else's.

And your stupid claim that Apple can't make a folding phone is asinine. Even an unknown Chinese company, Royole, were first to demo a folding phone. You think Apple does not have the resources? They don't bother because they know folding phones are currently not a consumer product and with today's technology it's asking for a PR nightmare. When Apple couldn't get the Airpower to work because it gets too hot, they canned it rather than release a buggy device.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Reeberry: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

Hey fandroid .
Google is your friend .
Samsung ,my foot!
Comparing Samsung phones to IPhones . Be like comparing Saraki to the Almighty Jagaban .
Everyone that condemned Samsung up there are andriod user users? Are you in their hands?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Neoteny(m): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2019
emmylad4:

Typical thinking of a Nigerian man, that's why you have nothing to show for. Only 4 units were defective and besides the company put the launch on hold to print more plastic film so as to edúcate users not to remove the protective film

Hey donkey.

Four units out of 50 is equal to what percentage failure rate? About 9% if you can't work it out. That's a huge failure rate.

Only 50 units were sent out to the media for review. Because of this failure the launch of the phone has been postponed.

Idiots like you think typical of the African baboon. I'm sure you would happily buy the Note 7 and kill people when it blows up in airplanes.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by Neoteny(m): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Believe it or not tech consumers want foldable phones, they want something new, flexible and convenient...
Samsung was bold enough to give them what they wanted...
That phone was sold out on the very first day of pre order!!

Tesla model 3 was sold out on pre-order

Not all preorders translate to sales

And we do have early adopters who'd buy anything day one.

I'll love to see the study that days there's a consumer market as Samsung is releasing limited devices.

If there was a market i can bet you the craziest company with the crazy skunk works lab, Google, and the rest would've all jumped on that bandwagon.

The compromises required to get that phone to market is currently not worth the trouble. You'll see as soon as that device hits the market and the return rate spikes.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Officially Postpones The Launch Of The Galaxy Fold Globally by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2019
4601CE:

Another fandroid liar .
Nobody among those guys up there condemning Samsung mentioned anything like IPhone . Why are you so bitter and frustrated?
Stop hating .
iPhone 8 has wireless charging
iPhone 8 Plus , iPhone X , iPhone Xs , iPhone Xr , iphone Xs max . All of these phones have wireless charging .
But in your hating mind , Apple can not do wireless charging.
This Samsung that you want to kill yourself on top sef . You don’t have or use it .
Continue deceiving yourself.
You are the one deceiving yourself, lol
I never said iPhones don't have wireless charging...
I said Apple HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE wireless chargers...
Have you heard of Airpower Apple's proposed wireless charger they announced months ago but cancelled the project because there engineers couldn't come up with a good product that does what they wanted it to do
Am sure that if that project was handled by Chinese phonemakers like Huawei or Oppo it would have been successful gringringrin
Don't be an ignorant Apple sheep gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win A Romantic Boat Cruise With 3chub's Valentine's Promotion! / GLO Still Tells Me To Link My Line Despite Linking It Before / Hey! Whatsapp Is Free Today On The Appstore! Get It Nowwww

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.