Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya (1192 Views)

Man Arrested In The US For Allegedly Eating Leg From Victim Of Train Accident / Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake / How My N150,000 "Turned To Paper" & How I Fell Victim To "One Chance" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by iswallker(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
In mid March, 2019, I was bored and decided to explore a Kenyan based dating site. So I registered on cloudromance.com. As a free use I could view the profiles of other uses and add friends. However, I was unable to wink, send private messages, or chat with other users.

There was a lot of activity on my account; I was getting an average of ten winks from female accounts on a daily basis. I also received a handful of friend requests.

So I decided to take it a step further by making payment to enable me have access to instant messaging, and private messaging features on the site. I did a payment via paypal, of the requested amount. I noticed afterward that all the accounts that winked at me, and I sent follow up messages did not reply. I also saw that there was no further activity on my account i.e. winks and friends requests, that was a daily, occourence stopped. At the time I made the payment, I had 73 winks. The figure has not changed till the present moment.

Therefore, I decided to declare a dispute with the merchant on April 16, 2019. A dispute on paypal (payment gateway) requires that I send a message to cloudromance.com via paypal and work with the seller to see if the dispute can be resolved. cloudromance had not responded to my message on April 18, 2019. I escalated the dispute to paypal before close of work on April 18, 2019 to decide the case.

I wish to say that cloudromance decided to block my account rather than respond to the dispute message.

I checked my paypal profile today April 23, 2019, to see that the case had been decided in favour of cloudromance.com (the merchant/seller).

Please see dispute i declared on paypal and the resolution. I also attached an independent observation I came across on another website about the activities of cloudromance.com.

Hopefully, other people will be aware and not fall victim.

cc: lalasticlala

Re: How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by classicTutor(m): 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
Somehow
Re: How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by skyhighweb(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2019
dey were d once sending u d wink, d girls are not real

2 Likes

Re: How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by dederocs(m): 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
Welcome to the world of optical illusion... hope you didn't loose too much.
Re: How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by iswallker(m): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
dederocs:
Welcome to the world of optical illusion... hope you didn't loose too much.

Not too much.. grin

Just to be sure no one here falls victim..
Re: How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by 15ssDRIVE(m): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2019
skyhighweb:
dey were d once sending u d wink, d girls are not real

If you know,you know!!

Awon goons aye.
Re: How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by skyhighweb(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

If you know,you know!!
Awon goons aye.
lol shey
Re: How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by skyhighweb(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

If you know,you know!!
Awon goons aye.
lol shey
Re: How I Fell Victim Of Scam Dating Site In Kenya by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:29am On Apr 24, 2019
skyhighweb:
lol shey

Baba want romance,and them romance babe PayPal.
Baba Abeg oh... no fex fo mi oh. At least you can come out and tell it to the world to avoid another reoccurring,but my people no go gree .

Once they see white babe they wink them .... Na to pay premium!!

(1) (Reply)

Fugitive Cocaine Trafficker, Funke Philip Reappears On Social Media / Gay Caught After Brutalizing Boy's Face And Had Sex With Him / The Holy Spirit Lie [personal Experience]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.