Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake (57152 Views)

FBI: 20,737 Victims Of Scam Mails Lost $1.2bn / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by AlexBells(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
I find it really complicated but my friend's character is likely going to be stained, I'm also concerned about his emotional stability afterwards if there's no proof of his innocence as at this point no one would believe him.

It was an old school group where we both belonged, I didn't know him much back in school to vouch for his character but the incidence has thrown everyone in complex puzzle.

Yesterday, a hospital document surfaced in our old school WhatsApp soliciting for funds, stating that he has apendix and needs it removed, while some of our course mates sent money, some were skeptical and made further inquiries by calling the hospital, the hospital didn't have any such person under admission, a call was placed to the sister who recieved same message of hospital documents and fund demand.

Later on, there was several intriguing aspect to the story but today our course mate resurfaced, at first we made conjectures that he was the one behind the heist but he said he was held against his will by some gang who did the hospital documents, forced him on a video call and used his phone to message his contacts and group with the fund soliciting broadcast.

I called him few minutes ago, he is stating that he is a victim and feeling disappointed that people believed he would do a thing like that and that it is his first time in Lagos.

I don't really know what to believe but I wish to know if anyone ever had this sort of scam approach in Lagos. Could my course mate be innocent or a culprit?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by chatinent: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
Even on Nairaland, there are here. It's the new format trending.

Soliciting for help using forged documents, impersonation, and all whatnot.

These career beggars have made it more difficult for the needy to get help.

292 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Ishilove: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
Nigerians... Is there no limit to our dubiousness? Are there no lengths we cannot go to dupe our compatriots of their hard earned money? Why is this insidious dishonesty a major part of our national character??

Wo abeg, I don taya for una. Shior

129 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by AlexBells(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
chatinent:
Even on Nairaland, there are here. It's the new format trending.

Soliciting for help using forged documents, impersonation, and all whatnot.

These career beggars have made it more difficult for the needy to get help.
But the main issue now is that we don't know if our friend is a victim or the culprit, he said he was forced to make the video call and all the chats which was being done with his phone by those who held him hostage, nobody believes him, everyone believes he's behind the heist.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by AlexBells(m): 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ishilove:
Nigerians... Is there no limit to our dubiousness? Are there no lengths we cannot go to dupe our compatriots of their hard earned money? Why is this insidious dishonesty a major part of our national character??

Wo abeg, I don taya for una. Shior
It really complicated, I wish there's someone who could throw more lights on this method of crime, for some reason I don't know what to believe but somehow I feel that my course mate could be a victim, it real complicated, they money can be replaced but not exactly for broken trust

8 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by GloriousGbola: 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2023
As far as I am concerned no 'gang' has the time to do all that.if he was held by a gang it would be a straight up kidnap. They would Rob him, beat him up and then call his. loved ones.

Also the whole sending I am. In danger scam. Or I am. Stranded scam where they take over your fb or email. Or phone line.

This is neither. This is definitely the guy trying to.use himself to run a scam

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by coconutbag: 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2023
It's hard to tell whether he was in on the scam or not. However, he can clear things up by reporting the matter to the police for investigation.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Brendaniel: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
It is well...
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Dshocker(m): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
The more hunger in the land, the more creative they become.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Akfrenzy(m): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
grin that same LAGOS TINUBU built abi

Many things supposed dey happen nah

OLOSHI BEGAT OLOSHI

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Frank25: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
Like for tinubu share for peter obi

Vote wisely grin

13 Likes 80 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
Brb
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Semedora: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
Omo people just coming up with new scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by baretalk: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

But the main issue now is that we don't know if our friend is a victim or the culprit, he said he was forced to make the video call and all the chats which was being done with his phone by those who held him hostage, nobody believes him, everyone believes he's behind the heist.
Any injury on him?

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by HitSong: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
It's hard to believe anyone here...

People are difficult to trust.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by cayorday89(m): 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
I noticed for some days now, opera browser has been consuming lots of data, open a page and they suck like 5mb away on to naira land page wey dey less than 20kb.

At topic, it get as it be.

8 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Killerbag36: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
G
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by gracedson: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:
As far as I am concerned no 'gang' has the time to do all that.if he was held by a gang it would be a straight up kidnap. They would Rob him, beat him up and then call his. loved ones.

Also the whole sending I am. In danger scam. Or I am. Stranded scam where they take over your fb or email. Or phone line.

great point !

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Okiemute101: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
Trust no one in distress.... format don dey everywhere. Don't know who truly needs help.. what a pity to the helpees

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by VawulenceProMax: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
All the manchi cashout . Country hard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by redgem(f): 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
Your friend wasn't forced against his will, he is the master mind.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by bonnyhope: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
If you find out now, it is Tinubu supporter

They can be suffering and smiling and looking for people to exploit

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I bow. That's why I'm just tired. Just look at the inane the lie the guy is dishing out. I mean, which gang has time for all that bullshit?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by AlexBells(m): 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
baretalk:

Any injury on him?
Not likely to be an injury on him since we spoke over the phone and he sent a video were he was being dropped off an SUV with the drivers and other passengers face not shown

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by LordHashira: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
Una see photo of receipt wey they edit him name and amount with online tools still send money... They must have used digisigner or docusign for that, see as the handwriting fresh and uniform Lol

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by Omihanifa: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
Bulaba

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by FashionCookie(f): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
Them plenty here undecided

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by StarchAndBanga: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

And u are 100% certain about this as an elder of the society that u are?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by orohbiro(f): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
Tunubu is behind those scam

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake by baretalk: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

Not likely to be an injury on him since we spoke over the phone and he sent a video were he was being dropped off an SUV with the drivers and other passengers face not shown
Scam. If it's real he won't be able to video them. He is in on it.

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Arrested After Killing A Hooker For Ritual In Lagos (Viewers Discretion) / Fahin Saleh Found Murdered In New York Apartment / Okada Riders And Police Clash In Lagos, Three Feared Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.