Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? (2029 Views)

Why Nigerians Need Citizenship Education Before Accessing Id Cards And Passports / Looting: Zahra, Others Who Said Buhari Isn't The Problem Are Misguided - Reno / Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
I read that Permanent voters cards, drivers licenses, IDs, and even passports have to be picked up at the office. It's odd that Nigeria has a postal service but the government doesn't patronize them. The expense would be factored into the cost. It would make consumers' lives easier if they don't have to come twice.

Why isn't the government mailing these documents already?

Front Page: Lalasticlala Mynd44

Ps: update 4 years later the government still hasn't bothered to use NIPOST.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
I dont see why these agencies dont embrace the simple solution in front of them. They already collect all your information so its not about security. Anyone thats somehow doesn't have a mailing address could arrange for pick up.

NIS having people collect passports is weirdest one. Their embassies deliver passports. Why should it be different domesticly.

Front Page: Lalasticlala
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bump: Im sure Buhari can make every agency start doing this through a directive if he cared to. Other than that the NASS assembly should make this their issue.

I think the national planning committee should be in charge of this area. Write, email or call if they have something available.

1 Share

Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
70k drivers licenses remain unclaimed in Lagos. Drivers licenses have addresses yet they dont want to deliver it.

1 Like

Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 9:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
Apparently they're mailing Passports in UK now. They've been doing that in US without an issue as for as I can remember. Nigerians dont get at home because they dont demand the service.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 11:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
He added; "It will be more difficult for people to change data in their passports henceforth, as we already have about 7000 uncollected passports. The security in the new passport will discourage people who believe they can just wake up and change their names due to reason best known to them. The passport is linked with the NIN and the BVN, so with this, it will be difficult for anybody to change data, but my duty as manager is to reduce the level of corruption in the system.

After adding all these security features they cant be bothered wth mailing the document like they do in UK and US. The money they're charging should factor it in. They'd just have to copy the process they use over seas.

Most of the corruption is just employes extorting people. Just fire them then do better with issuing receipts and online checks like the US. It's all about accountability.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/after/status.html
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by FarahAideed: 11:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nigeria is designed to be inefficient
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2019
FarahAideed:
Nigeria is designed to be inefficient

The people enable their foolishness. They mail passports in US and just started in UK. Buhari could make it happen sith executive fiat.

Anyway in todays news Lagos state government is asking people to collect licenses like it matters. Why the simple solution alludes them its a mystery.

1 Like

Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Nuzo1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
Better for the licences, voter's cards and passports to expire in government custody than have them mailed through one of the worst postal institutions in the world.

Nipost staff go racketeer these documents tire.

Until the Nigerian government get nipost in good shape; your documents should either rot or burn in their respective agencies if you are too busy to go and collect them.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2019
Nuzo1:
Better for the licences, voter's cards and passports to expire in government custody than have them mailed through one of the worst postal institutions in the world.

Nipost staff go racketeer these documents tire.

Until the Nigerian government get nipost in good shape; your documents should either rot or burn in their respective agencies if you are too busy to go and collect them.

Instead of reforming the NIPOST you want them to collect your taxes for nothing? You're a very generous man. My cousin used them for her business and it worked well. NIPOST wont have any idea what's in package to racketeer. Nobody's dumbb enough to write drivers license inside.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Nuzo1(m): 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
Blue3k:

Instead of reforming the NIPOST you want them to collect your taxes for nothing? You're a very generous man. My cousin used them for her business and it worked well. NIPOST wont have any idea what's in package to racketeer. Nobody's dumbb enough to write drivers license inside.

Oga, I never said NIPOST shouldn't be reformed. I said until it's reformed, the idea of using it to move vital documents like passports, driver's licence and voter's cards should be shelved. It's counterproductive.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2019
Nuzo1:

Oga, I never said NIPOST shouldn't be reformed. I said until it's reformed, the idea of using it to move vital documents like passports, driver's licence and voter's cards should be shelved. It's counterproductive.

Ok we can disagree thats fine. It would be idiotic for them to essentially steal package in transit then try to extort you. At least we can have one set idiots trying to steal...

NIPOST delivers all sorts of sensitive documents and packages daily. The other funny thing is the agencies like NIS are the corrupt clowns extorting you and making process take longer than necessary. We just option of getting mail in my scenario.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by jarkbauer: 7:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
Blue3k:
I read that Permanent voters card, drivers licenses, IDs, and even passports have to be picked up at office. Its odd that Nigeria has a postal service but the government doesn't patronize them. The expense would be factored in the cost. It would make consumers lives easier if they dont have to come twice.

i raised this issue many years ago. in that case you will eliminate touting
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by tsdarkside(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2019
because nigerian post system is outdated and not workin well....
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2019
jarkbauer:

i raised this issue many years ago. in that case you will eliminate touting

It might those areas in particular. Touting will continue to exist in areas like identity change affidavits. That annother issue nobody interested in that causes alot of damage to society. Everyone sadly has an excuse why things dont change.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2019
NIPOST data 2018. They're making chump change and mail handled dropped by a third which is bad. I haven't looked up their financials but I'll assume it not looking pretty.

tsdarkside:
because nigerian post system is outdated and not workin well....

20 millions pieces mail were handled so it's working well enough. These documents dont need to be delivered in 2 days since they give temporary license. What do you mean by outdated?

Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by tsdarkside(m): 6:25am On Jul 06, 2019
Blue3k:
NIPOST data 2018. They're making chump change and mail handled dropped by a third which is bad. I haven't looked up their financials but I'll assume it not looking pretty.

20 millions pieces mail were handled so it's working well enough. These documents dont need to be delivered in 2 days since they give temporary license. What do you mean by outdated?

i maybe wrong....

i dont use nipost that much....
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by kings09(m): 7:16am On Jul 06, 2019
Nigeria is a country where suffering the people is a hobby.

Nigerians deserve the leaders they get
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 3:57am On Sep 06, 2019
Its funny Aregbesola is promising to have passports available in 2 days. Im very skeptical but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does get it done. I think it would be easier if he simply mailed the documents Nigerian embassies do in US and UK. If I had twitter I'd at him but a letter will suffice.

Anyway here's the new NASS commitee chairs that I assume charge of this area.

Senate committee:

Establishment & Public Service-

Chairman: SEN. IBRAHIM SHEKARAU

Address: No 28 Zaria Road Kano City 
Phone Number: 08099199111 
Email: ishekarau55@yahoo.com

Deputy Chairman: SEN. BARINADA MPIGI

Address: No. 1 Ntorlanwa Close Koroma Tai, Rivers State 
Phone Number: 08037419000 
Email: mpigib@yahoo.com

House committee:

Public Service Matters-

Chairman: HON. SANI BALA

Address: Tsanyawa , Tsanyawa Lga Kano State. 
Phone Number: 08036166400 
Email: engr.sani@yahoo.com

Deputy chairman: HON. AKINTOLA OLUOKUN

Address: No 8, Amole Layout, 44 Ojoo,Ibadan, Oyo State 
Phone Number: 08033781709 
Email: honakintolao@gmail.com

Public petitions-

Chairman: HON. JERRY ALAGBAOSO

Address: No. 95 Amaifeke Junction By (Stomach Checks And Balances), Orlu, Imo State 
Phone Number: 08033098677 
Email: Jerry.alagbaoso@gmail.com

Deputy chairman: HON. ABDULLAHI KEN KEN

Address: Gadon Kaya Aminu Kano Way , Kano State 
Phone Number: 08033265478 
Email: lawanabdullahikenken@gmail.com
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:08am On Sep 06, 2019
Blue3k:
I read that Permanent voters card, drivers licenses, IDs, and even passports have to be picked up at office. Its odd that Nigeria has a postal service but the government doesn't patronize them. The expense would be factored in the cost. It would make consumers lives easier if they dont have to come twice.

because nigeria is a dysfunctional society. Our postal services is dead. Nigeria has nothing to her name, only corruption and nnpc...
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by helinues: 6:02am On Sep 06, 2019
To which mailing address? How many houses are numbered in Nigeria?
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 6:19am On Sep 06, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
because nigeria is a dysfunctional society. Our postal services is dead. Nigeria has nothing to her name, only corruption and nnpc...

NIPOST delivered 20 million parcels of mail in 2018. The institution does work and can be improved.

helinues:
To which mailing address? How many houses are numbered in Nigeria?

You can pick home or post office box. Millions of homes and businesses have address. Drivers licenses have addresses on it. If you live in house that isnt your local government is lazy and inept. The post office box can work for you if your in such a situation.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by helinues: 6:31am On Sep 06, 2019
Blue3k:

NIPOST delivered 20 million parcels of mail in 2018. The institution does work and can be improved.

You can pick home or post office box. Millions of homes and businesses have address. Drivers licenses have addresses on it. If you live in house that isnt your local government is lazy and inept. The post office box can work for you if your in such a situation.

Houses with No proper address are more than the one with.. If you are referring to Nipost delivering 20 million parcels in 2018, I can bet it majority at least 65% are company adds delivery not personal..

Nipost is still yet to be fully functional in Nigeria.. The truth is nobody trust them with important documents.

Do they even have tracking website to monitor parcels/packages? I doubt
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 7:01am On Sep 06, 2019
helinues:

Houses with No proper address are more than the one with.. If you are referring to Nipost delivering 20 million parcels in 2018, I can bet it majority at least 65% are company adds delivery not personal..

Nipost is still yet to be fully functional in Nigeria.. The truth is nobody trust them with important documents.

Do they even have tracking website to monitor parcels/packages? I doubt

If you dont have address that's an issue with you're government. It shouldn't stop anyone else from receiving mail. Lol why do you want your taxes funding isn't serving you, are you that generous?

When you have facts about NIPOST feel free to present them. The speculation is interesting but doesn't add much. Btw most mail in USA is company ads. What do yoy mean by fully functional, do you have specific complaint?

Trust is reasonable concern. Its already illegal to tamper with mail. The government isnt going write down what's in envelope. Besides most dont care what you personally have going on.

Yes they do offer mail tracking. Did you use or research service before forming opinion?

http://www.nipost.gov.ng/Track_Trace.aspx
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by helinues: 7:11am On Sep 06, 2019
Blue3k:

If you dont have address that's an issue with you're government. It shouldn't stop anyone else from receiving mail. Lol why do you want your taxes funding isn't serving you, are you that generous?

When you have facts about NIPOST feel free to present them. The speculation is interesting but doesn't add much. Btw most mail in USA is company ads. What do yoy mean by fully functional, do you have specific complaint?

Trust is reasonable concern. Its already illegal to tamper with mail. The government isnt going write down what's in envelope. Besides most dont care what you personally have going on.

Yes they do offer mail tracking. Did you use or research service before forming opinion?

http://www.nipost.gov.ng/Track_Trace.aspx

Let me ask you, can you mail your original certificates through Nipost?
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Printerscanner: 7:14am On Sep 06, 2019
So that sitting government will send all PVC to their party members? Nba.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 7:14am On Sep 06, 2019
helinues:

Let me ask you, can you mail your original certificates through Nipost?

Yes nobody going to look through it. Besides I'll just get annother if its lost. Can you tell me if private courier wont steal my certificate?
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by helinues: 7:19am On Sep 06, 2019
Blue3k:

Yes nobody going to look through it. Besides I'll just get annother if its lost. Can you tell me if private courier wont steal my certificate?

Look through it or safety delivery? I doubt if you ever used Nipost before .

Anyways, private couriers are well trusted for their long years in Service and experience. I will over sleep self if I send my package through fedex or Ups cos I have tried them severally cos they always delivers.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2019
helinues:

Look through it or safety delivery? I doubt if you ever used Nipost before .

Anyways, private couriers are well trusted for their long years in Service and experience. I will over sleep self if I send my package through fedex or Ups cos I have tried them severally cos they always delivers.

To deliver certificate. They won't know whats in envelope unless you tell them or look when ur gone.

If I used NIPOST it was for online orders. Other than that I dont have need for postal service. My cousin used them to ship her stuff for sure. You never answered last question if you used service or research topic before forming opinion.

The private courier point fine. Patronize who you want. You and another person on thread are afraid they'll steal your drivers licenses or bank cards.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by helinues: 8:00am On Sep 06, 2019
Blue3k:

To deliver certificate. They won't know whats in envelope unless you tell them or look when ur gone.

If I used NIPOST it was for online orders. Other than that I dont have need for postal service. My cousin used them to ship her stuff for sure. You never answered last question if you used service or research topic before forming opinion.

The private courier point fine. Patronize who you want. You and another person on thread are afraid they'll steal your drivers licenses or bank cards.

I am telling you about what average Nigerians feel about Nipost and their services.

You do not even have first hand service , experience with them but your arguments was based on your cousin's experience ( dem say).

Oga is morning oo
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by Blue3k(m): 8:09am On Sep 06, 2019
helinues:

I am telling you about what average Nigerians feel about Nipost and their services.

You do not even have first hand service , experience with them but your arguments was based on your cousin's experience ( dem say).

Oga is morning oo

Ok so you're answer is no to using and researching. I understand you're giving an opinion.
Re: Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? by DevilhimseIf: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2019
[s]
Printerscanner:
So that sitting government will send all PVC to their party members? Nba.
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

About Edo Politics From An APC Insider In Edo State / Statement Picture Of The Day. Eko O Ni Baje. Lagos Love And Support. PICS. / Nnamdi Kanu "We Have Uncovered Individuals Who Robbed Bank In Anambra"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.