Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria (3697 Views)

Watch As President Buhari Disrespected, Insulted In South Africa / Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension / How APC Governor Insulted Oshiomhole Before Buhari - Vanguard Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2019
An asaba man will bear Igbo name and dress Like Igbo but will deny he's not igbo, is that not madness.

When they commit crime they are all Igbo's and when they do good things, they are delta igbos, Edo Igbo's, akwa ibom Igbo's.

Something needs to be done about this.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by abdulazeez1002(m): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
The universe gives you what you deserve

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
An asaba man will bear Igbo name and dress Like Igbo but will deny he's not igbo, is that not madness.

When they commit crime they are all Igbo's and when they do good things, they are delta igbos, Edo Igbo's, akwa ibom Igbo's.

Ndi Igbo amaka grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Danishguy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
Sad but true. I don't feel much insulted, since most of our vilifications are from people we're on the same level, or mostly better than. It's like been insulted by a mollusc you don't know if you should take offence or laugh about it.

As for our kins across the Niger, the Igbo denial isn't as vicious as it were some years ago

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:

Man. I remember before the election you were claiming you were an Edo..and I believed it until onijagidijagan revealed your identity...as an Igbo. Pls stop claiming Edo again coz you're a bona-fide Igbo and you sud be proud of it. Edodefender

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
bastardmod:

Yes sir!

Just as the universe has given the north Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, Ibrahim shekau, vvf, Sahara desert, almajiri urchins, terrorism galore, severe poverty, head slamming religion grin grin grin

Allahu Akbar cheesy
Don't forget ISIS, Al-quaeda, Al-Shabab, Ombatse, Maitatsine etc etc
abdulazeez1002 will not like this.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:

You're very correct.

Imagine a deltan with the name Onyeka who committes crime. Will he not be termed igbo?
Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by kemmylove101: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2019
I want to ask you a question?
Is ex president Goodluck ebele jonathan, Ibo or not ?

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
funmijoyb:

Man. I remember before the election you were claiming you were an Edo..and I believed it until onijagidijagan revealed your identity...as an Igbo. Pls stop claiming Edo again coz you're an bona-fide Igbo and you sud be proud of it. Edodefender
I'm an Edo guy, we are closer to Igbo's than any other Nigeria ethnic group

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2019
kemmylove101:
I want to ask you a question?
Is ex president Goodluck ebele jonathan, Ibo or not ?
GEJ was not Igbo when he was vice president.

GEJ become Igbo after he was sworn in as president.

Cc Lzaa adaibeku nwanyionitsha sarrki Yarimo Deomelo afamed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Ftheophilous(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
How are we close to the Igbos, which precolonial history do we share with them. Bros be like you be fake Edo o.
Abi na 'them tell me say I be Edo you be?'

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:

There is no Asaba man that can deny being Igbo, not possible, because they know where they migrated from. I remember that the current Obi of Asaba, Chike Edozien, once got very angry at an occassion when a reporter questioned if he was Igbo. He told the reporter that no body can be more than him or the Asaba people.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ftheophilous:

How are we close to the Igbos, which precolonial history do we share with them. Bros be like you be fake Edo o.
Abi na 'them tell me say I be Edo you be?'
oga keep quiet.

Ikwerre, ika, agbor and many more South East group claim Benin ancestry, but speak a version of igbo language.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Ftheophilous(m): 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
oga keep quiet.

Ikwerre, ika, agbor and many more South East group claim Benin ancestry, but speak a version of igbo language.
Mr man take your time o. Yes some regions that share close geographical location with the great benin empire could not help the cultural influx that took place which saw the mutation of their languages. But if you know Benin story wella, you will know that we share history with the Yoruba people rather than the Igbos.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
Ftheophilous:

Mr man take your time o. Yes some regions that share close geographical location with the great benin empire could not help the cultural influx that took place which saw the mutation of their languages. But if you know Benin story wella, you will know that we share history with the Yoruba people rather than the Igbos.
judging from your profile you are obviously a kid, we have some culture similarity with yoruba but there are more Igbos groups that claim ancesstry with the Benin

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by jafol(m): 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2019
Danishguy:
Sad but true. I don't feel much insulted, since most of our vilifications are from people we're on the same level, or mostly better than. It's like been insulted by a mollusc you don't know if you should take offence or laugh about it.

As for our kins across the Niger, the Igbo denial isn't as vicious as it were some years ago
And who caused the insults. Who started the backstabbing insults?

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Ftheophilous(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
judging from your profile you are obviously a kid, we have some culture similarity with yoruba but there are more Igbos groups that claim ancesstry with the Benin
Who are you calling again kid. You just got me cracking. Well I don't need to explain anything to you. Since you are the ancestors I will leave you to it. Just don't say this stuff in the midst of real men that know their ancestry.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by horsepower101: 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:

Please correct yourself. Asaba people don’t deny being igbos.

Don’t confuse the identity crisis among Ika people with Asaba.

Asaba people are very confident of themselves and their igbo identity.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
horsepower101:

Please correct yourself. Asaba people don’t deny being igbos.

Don’t confuse the identity crisis among Ika people with Asaba.

Asaba people are very confident of themselves and their igbo identity.
that's not my point, I there's no unity within the igbo community.

Imagine the ruling party isn't considering them among the 6th position
Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Printerscanner: 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:

No one wants to be associated with haters, bitterness filled people, drug pushers, armed robbers, kidnappers, human traffickers, e.t.c. Even Igbos are denying Igbos.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by horsepower101: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
that's not my point, I there's no unity within the igbo community.

Imagine the ruling party isn't considering them among the 6th position

Stop repeating this old debunked cliche lines. Igbos are very United. Igbos always have unions where ever they go and support each other.

Nigerians are very funny. If igbos unite and fight for their common interests, you say they are tribalists but when they act on individual instincts, you say they are not united.

Since I came to the conclusion that no matter what Igbos do, people will complain. I have finally stop caring about what Nigerians say or think.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
You're Igbo. How can Igbo be closer to an Edo person than Yoruba? Cos Igala, Ijaws, are nearer to you while Igbo are far

5 Likes

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2019
funmijoyb:

You're Igbo. How can Igbo be closer to an Edo person than Yoruba? Igala, I jaws, are nearer to you than Igbo
Igala? Like seriously?
Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
horsepower101:

Stop repeating this old debunked cliche lines. Igbos are very United. Igbos always have unions where ever they go and support each other.

Nigerians are very funny. If igbos unite and fight for their common interests, you say they are tribalists but when they act on individual instincts, you say they are not united.

Since I came to the conclusion that no matter what Igbos do, people will complain. I have finally stop caring about what Nigerians say or think.

well I'm not Nigeria. I I'm only saying what I observed.

If only South East and South South leaders can work together more
Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
Igala? Like seriously?
You didn't know?
Rename your moniker igbodefender and be proud of it na cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:

Have they not been working together before? What are the results. They have been working together only to marginalized SS and SE further.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
funmijoyb:

You didn't know?
Rename your moniker igbodefender and be proud of it na cheesy
we are not close to igala or anything except the wars we fought. I so because I'm speaking up for the igbo people so that makes me one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
we are not close to igala or anything except the wars we fought. I so because I'm speaking up for the igbo people so that makes me one
You wanna tell me Edo doesnt share boundary with Kogi State? I bet you will travel 6hrs from Edo bf u get to d nearest Igbo town.
Edo has nothing in common with the igbos. I believe your igbo birth in Edo State.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2019
funmijoyb:

You wanna tell me Edo doesnt share boundary with Kogi State? I bet you will travel 6hrs from Edo bf u get to d nearest Igbo town.
Edo has nothing in common with the igbos. I believe your igbo birth in Edo State.
so ikwerre people are what?
Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by Westtimeline: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:

You claimed you are Edo boy, still claimed not to be a Nigerian. Are you this confused?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's Are Too Insulted In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
Edodefender:
so ikwerre people are what?
Ikwerre are close to the Igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LGA APC Or PDP Will Win Edo State / Femi Adesina or partial stroke,what is happening / Why Is Benue Not A South Eastern State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.