Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud (2049 Views)

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2010
"If you're listening to Talmudic Scholars you may as well just make a phone call to Hell and talk to Lucifer himself."
- Sherry Shriner

First off, the Talmud is NOT the Old Testament. The "Old Testament" is the Tanakh, made up of the Torah (the Pentateuch, first 5 books), the Nebiim (the Prophets) and the Ketubim (Hagiographa, i.e. the Writings).

SO, the Talmud was meant as a supplement to the Tanakh, in place of the New Testament that had been written at the time. But the Talmud is NOT of Yahweh.

The Jewish Talmud (made up of the Mishn[/b]a and the [b]Gemara), a collection of ancient rabbinic writings on Jewish law and tradition, constitutes the basis of religious authority in Orthodox Judaism.

Many Jews and Messianic Jews are misled about what the Talmud really is. Many don't realize the Talmuds were written in the centuries after Yahushua (Jesus) arose, to reject His crucifixion, and are taught by Jewish Scholars today. The Talmud Jews reject the Yahushua of the New Testament, yet spend ample space blaspheming Him in the Talmud. If they were just supplements to the Torah, then why do they spend so much space in them blaspheming the Son of God? No! Get back to the Torah and HIM and His Word as spoken in the New Testament.

Some Christians believe that the Talmud sheds extra light on the Old Testament, and some Christian preachers add context to their gospel by drawing from the Talmud. Some other Christians even have pastors who have had Rabbinical studies in the Talmud, and have been so-brainwashed.

Here are some Teachings from the Talmud. Take heed.

Goyim refers to the Gentiles, Christians inclusive. It has been said in the Talmud,
Sanhedrin 59a: "A Goy (Gentile) who pries into the law (Talmud) is guilty of death. Murdering Goyim is like killing a wild animal."

But then,  grin here goes. . .

Jesus was a Sorcerer, says Sanhedrin 43a . Says Jesus ("Yeshu" and in footnote #6, Yeshu "the Nazarene"wink was executed because he practiced sorcery.

" Gittin 57a: "Jesus is in hell and is being punished by being boiled in semen. Christians are boiled in dung.

Sanhedrin 90a.Those who read the New Testament ("uncanonical books," see footnote #9) will have no portion in the world to come.

Moed Kattan 17a . If a Jew is tempted to do evil he should go to a city where he is not known and do the evil there.

"Choschen Ham 388, 15: " If it be proven that someone has given the money of israelites to the Goyim, a way must be found after prudent consideration to wipe him off the face of this earth."

" Sanhedrin 105ab: "Jesus fornicated with his jackass.

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a Gentile ("Cuthean"wink the wages owed him for work.

" Yebhamoth 11b: "Sexual intercourse with a little girl is permitted if she is of three years of age.

Kethuboth 11b . "When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing."

Yebamoth 63a. States that Adam had sexual intercourse with all the animals in the Garden of Eden.

Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (Gentile) hits a Jew, the Gentile must be killed. Hitting a Jew is the same as hitting God.

Sanhedrin 55b . A Jew may marry a three year old girl (specifically, three years "and a day" old).

" Zohar 1,160a: "Jews must always try to deceive Christians." Hilkkoth Akum Z1: "Do not save Goyim (Gentiles) in danger of death.

Baba Kamma 37b. Gentiles are outside the protection of the law and God has "exposed their money to Israel."

and lastly, for comic relief, sick and Insane Teachings,

Gittin 69a . To heal his flesh a Jew should take dust that lies within the shadow of an outdoor toilet, mix it with honey and eat it.

Wow-Yuck. embarassed embarassed embarassed   cheesy grin LOL tongue
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 9:31am On Sep 17, 2010
The current Jewish system is set up so that ipeople are entirely dependent on their rabbis sad

[Does this ring a bell in Christianity? And also the fact that they are using a substitute, the ROR "devotional" Talmud in place of the Scriptures?]

Here's a book "Talmud Unmasked" written by a Catholic, unmasking secret beliefs from the Talmud. I don't endorse all the writer's views though.
http://www.talmudunmasked.com/

Read at your own risk because, as the Talmud has said,
Libbre David 37: "To communicate anything with a Goy about our religious relations would be equal to the killing of all Jews, for if the Goyim knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by Kay17: 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2010
Slander someone's religion, for yours to have a higher elevation? Pathetic!

The current Jewish system is set up so that ipeople are entirely dependent on their rabbis
And today's Chiristians are not pastor or mog followers?
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
Kay 17:

Slander someone's religion, for yours to have a higher elevation? Pathetic!
And today's Chiristians are not pastor or mog followers?

Today's Christians are not pastor or mog followers. Today's MOG-followers are MOG-followers.

OkThanksbye
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2010
InesQor:

Today's Christians are not pastor or mog followers. Today's MOG-followers are MOG-followers.

OkThanksbye

Some Christians are just plain ignorant.
How can you accept some of an ethnoreligious group's folklores as factual events then reject some as blasphemous propaganda?

You put the group on a pedestal by calling them your god's chosen people, then lampoon them because they don't believe their own fairy tales.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2010
Martian:

Some Christians are just plain ignorant.
Thanks for joining the thread, Martian.

Martian:

How can you accept some of an ethnoreligious group's folklores as factual events then reject some as blasphemous propaganda?
I did not reject them as blasphemous propaganda, the Bible did. Their own Tanakh too did, i.e. the Old Testament, speaking of this same Messiah. And I think you should take some more time to research before coming to conclusions, because it's not all Jews that are blasphemous in that regard. Many Rabbinical Jews do not have the yeast of the Talmud in their lives.

Martian:

You put the group on a pedestal by calling them your god's chosen people, then lampoon them because they don't believe their own fairy tales.
When people are CHOSEN, it's for a purpose. The purpose of the Chosen Jews in this case was the preparation of a special people from whom's midst Christ would be born. Purpose now achieved, they still have a special class BUT God's chosen people in this era is anybody who has a willing heart. I never called them the Chosen Ones because calling one chosen without stating the purpose, is a little lame. The Bible denoted them as Chosen, and it was for a purpose.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by ilosiwaju: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
InesQor, how come your own brand the correct one? Aint this a variation of the usual monotheistic buhaha of am right and you must definitely be wrong?
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2010
Egbon Ilosiwaju, I never said my brand is the "correct one", whatever that means. undecided undecided undecided

I said CHRISTIANS need to steer clear of the TALMUD because it is slow poison to their faith. I believe my OP premise is only applicable to Christians who are unsuspecting, and to the Talmudic Jews who want to take them all out. Please feel free to join either party, no sitting on the fence!
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2010
@InesQor,

Thanks for this timely warning, many have mistaken the Talmud for the Tanakh.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2010
@Olaadegbu: Thanks. You're welcome, bro! smiley
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
InesQor:

@Olaadegbu: Thanks. You're welcome, bro! smiley

If olaadegbu agrees with you and compliments your BS, chances are you are a fundamental nutcase.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2010
lol grin
that was very erotic
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 5:49pm On Sep 17, 2010
Martian:

If olaadegbu agrees with you and compliments your BS, chances are you are a fundamental nutcase.
Ok.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by vescucci(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
Lol. Oladeegbu is probably the nicest person in the section. Or maybe he has skin as thick as bank vaults. Or both. But he's almost always wrong. To me anyways.

InesQor. The Jewish population is very tiny. The number of pratising Jews tinier still. Any Jew who knows why he's Jewish is not as misled as you think into believing The Talmud predates occurences it is talking about. But you say the talmud is offensive. The Quran is offensive. The Old Testament is even more offensive. The New Testament as a whole is offensive to reason. The Talmud is just being in character of the Middle-eastern people of those times. As for modern day Christians staying away from it, I think contact with it would only strengthen their faith. What interests me is how many Christians cling to the OT and some more sophisticated ones abhor the affiliation because of the difficult part. Christians put themselves into this predicament for no one asked them to take the bible as the absolute word of God. Muslims on the other hand had no choice in the matter from day one. They were literally DOA
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2010
@vescucci: Olaadegbu has highlighted my concern in his post above. Some Christians don't know that the Talmud is what it is. They think it's like the Tanakh. And this thread serves a purpose of enlightening such people. Thanks for your comment.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by JeSoul(f): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
InesQor:

" Gittin 57a: "Jesus is in hell and is being punished by being boiled in semen. Christians are boiled in dung.

" Sanhedrin 105ab: "Jesus fornicated with his jackass..

" Yebhamoth 11b: "Sexual intercourse with a little girl is permitted if she is of three years of age.
  shocked wow, is this real? Was it orginally in some kind of context that would render it less alarming than single quotes? just curious.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by JeSoul(f): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
and I just noticed Vesc has already asked the second question I was going to . . . stealing my thunder grin As is customary for me on fridays, I play devil's advocate.

InesQor, can your argument also be applied to some OT verses?
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by vescucci(m): 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2010
You have more than enough thunder by yourself, darling. There's no context that can mitigate the quotes significantly. Fact is Jews hate Christians more than most know, they're just too insignificant to do anything about it. Plus the feeling is mutual
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by JeSoul(f): 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2010
vescucci:

You have more than enough thunder by yourself, darling. There's no context that can mitigate the quotes significantly.
I was trying to be nice to the Talumdians now . . . cheesy
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by vescucci(m): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2010
. . . . . . and they probably despise you for it'
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by JeSoul(f): 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
. . . and Jesus said "bless those who curse you", so no wahala for it.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2010
@JeSoul: Lol dear sis, na so we see am o. As for the OT equivalent, it speaks about how the Jews should behave WITHIN THEIR OWN community. I think its their business how they deal with it internally, since they are relatively isolated from other societies. Whenever the OT jews are told about heathen, it is NOT to hate them and kill them. Thats sick, like saying I want to administer the lives of my neighbour's wayward kids? No! What I can do is tell my own kids not to be like those ones. You will see instructions to stay away from other religions, but not scriptural mockery of another religion like we have here. Not liking Christians is not enough reason to say it is holy and right to murder them. The OT would never have such an injunction, though it recommended stoning dms whoever, JEW, tries to lead their hearts away, for instance but I hope you see that its internal. Jews were taught to be kind to their heathen slaves and all that. And all the antiCHRIST statements too, were uncalled for. I think any religion that spends a lot of its time denigrating another religion, has nothing better to do, and is a farce. One such religion might come to mind. Okbye.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by nuclearboy(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2010
^^ Whats with this your "#okbye" ? I hope Seun won't accuse you of designing scripts to hack into his servers?

The quotes you've highlighted from the "Talmud" seem to me to be the exact reason why we ought to read them. That way, any supposed Christian leader who uses ideas rooted in them however insidiously will be better easily recognised by the listeners ability to reference the source of information.

I find it hilarious though that the designers could not find better to say than "fornication with a jackass" and "3 year old girls are marriagable as long as they're one day past that august age". Total lack of intelligence though I can think of one person here who will find this ineluctably logical.

Any link to where-ever I can get to read a copy? The toilet honey thingy? - I hope not too many of such are in it though shocked
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by vescucci(m): 10:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
You positively make me smile with your exits, InesQor. Many philosophers have debated about the absoluteness of good and evil. That is to say are there things that are good and evil at all times and places? My opinion has changed for I viewed good and evil as determinate by God but how are we to know what God thinks? Relativity of good and evil is apparently sensible and I agree, to some extent it still is, but there is nothing right in keeping slaves, however nice you are to them. There's nothing right in murder and pillaging, however much calumny a people wreck on God. If God is pissed, let Him do His own dirty work Himself. He could visit a tsunami or any of the assortment of natural disasters on anyone. As for my house - their house, disparaging another religion is simply another evil and terrible thing. Because such cannot be found in the OT (I may argue that there were no Christians and Muslims to hate in these times) doesn't absolve it of the other terrible things in it and the Quran which seems to have both.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2010
@vescucci: LOL dont mind me. It's a habit I picked up from twitter, when I was still a twitter user, until very recently.

@nuclearboy: As a Gentile, its hard to lay your hands on Hebrew content but here are some PDFs of Talmudic narratives,

Narratives of the Talmud - Vol 1 - Berakhot (14MB PDF)
http://download.hebrewbooks.org/downloadhandler.ashx?req=39690

Narratives of the Talmud - Vol 2 - Zerayim (11MB PDF)
http://download.hebrewbooks.org/downloadhandler.ashx?req=39691

Narratives of the Talmud - Vol 3 - Shabbat (11MB PDF)
http://download.hebrewbooks.org/downloadhandler.ashx?req=39692

Narratives of the Talmud - Vol 4 - Shabbat (7MB PDF)
http://download.hebrewbooks.org/downloadhandler.ashx?req=39693

Download, read and Enjoy!
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by Recognise: 9:35am On Sep 18, 2010
nuclearboy:

. . . The quotes you've highlighted from the "Talmud" seem to me to be the exact reason why we ought to read them.

That way, any supposed Christian leader who uses ideas rooted in them however insidiously will be better easily recognised by the listeners ability to reference the source of information . . .

@InesQor

100% with Nuclearboy. If you've got time to spare. Read.

As opposed to the  ". . . Steer clear . . ." knee jerk reaction,

I'll rather submit "Buyer Beware" and go down the line further with "Eat the chicken but spit out the bones"

I enjoyed reading Dan Brown's books "Angels and Demons" etc but most particularly  "The Da Vinci Code"

When "The Da Vinci Code" came out there was the hullabaloo to steer clear of it

Know quite a few "Christians" that were shite scared and wouldn't touch the book even if and/or when offered a barge pole touch with

Yup book is tongue in cheek no doubt but it certainly had some degrees of information and a few eye-openers

Here are a few examples. Mind you they are not in any particular order of significance

1) PHI (i.e. the Divine Proportion)

2) "the crucifix" (i.e. the cross) came from the Latin verb cruciare - to torture

3) Theory why sex was demonized by the Catholic power base

4) The Rose, an anagram of Eros - the Greek god of sexual love

4b) Apparently Roses have always been a chief symbol of female sexuality

and in primitive goddess cults, the five petals actually represented the five stations of female life

(i.e. 1birth, 2menstruation, 3motherhood, 4menopause and 5death)

Back to the subject matter . . .

Without meaning to instigate evidently there are parallels and similarities in context when comparing some Quran and Talmud verses

The "People of the Book" referenced by Mo' certainly are not "Christians" but Talmud Jews

Their scribes claim they received the Talmud partly as a collection of traditions given to them from Moses in oral form

the Talmud:

Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile ("heathen"wink it does not have to be returned.

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile, there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah (filth) from birth.

Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.

Moed Kattan 17a: If a Jew is tempted to do evil he should go to a city where he is not known and do the evil there

Baba Mezia 59b. A rabbi debates God and defeats Him. God admits the rabbi won the debate.

Menahoth 43b-44a. A Jewish man is obligated to say the following prayer every day: "Thank you God for not making me a gentile, a woman or a slave."

Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by vescucci(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2010
You're not entirely correct, Recognise. Many things in the Quran can be likened to those in the Talmud though not the disparaging parts. Mainly the similarities occur in the descriptions of hell and the torture therein. It's almost certain Muhammad got his ideas from there. The People of the Book are definitely Jews and Christians. That's a fact beyond dispute. Muhammad might not have been able to place the chronology of the Jewish books and must have treated them as one entity, the Torah. There are many incidences of this sort of thing.

As for Mr. Dan Brown. It is his gift to make you see patterns where there are not. A seasoned conspiracy theorist. Everything he writes is 90% dog turd with the 10% truth intricately mixed with the bullshit to make you believe the whole. Divine proportion is interesting. It is also nonsense
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by ilosiwaju: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2010
InesQor:

Egbon Ilosiwaju, I never said my brand is the "correct one", whatever that means. undecided undecided undecided

I said CHRISTIANS need to steer clear of the TALMUD because it is slow poison to their faith. I believe my OP premise is only applicable to Christians who are unsuspecting, and to the Talmudic Jews who want to take them all out. Please feel free to join either party, no sitting on the fence!
Mabinu paddy, understand clearer now. For a long time,i always saw the talmud like the old testament. Thanx for the clarification. From some quotes in the talmud thingy, me have a feeling it aint far from some koranic brutalities,
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by nuclearboy(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2010
^^^

One reason why I really want to meet you - whist some prefer (insist) to believe only the lies, you choose to listen and whist not accepting everything, at least sift in a manner that makes your objectivity obvious.

I'll lift a glass to you any day.
Re: Why Christians Need To Steer Clear Of The Jewish "scriptures" Called The Talmud by InesQor(m): 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2010
@ilosiwaju: I see. Thanks, bro.

@Recognize and nuclearboy, LOL I totally get your points. When I say steer clear, maybe I only meant a Caveat Emptor. You see, personally I HAVE a copy and I read it up cos I can read anything. Finding it was hard, I used translation software to navigate Hebrew sites. In fact, I enjoy reading other perspectives against my faith, as well as for my faith, so that I cant be caught unawares, believing a lie that has been skilfully masked by a false teacher of my faith.

My father has a library on books on various religions, I read when I have time. And Google is also good to me most times I need more context on those things. So Im not saying any should flee. Rather, you may read, but understand what its all about, and dont think its like the mainstream Tanakh. I guess "steer clear" was a wrong hint.

Summary: Be quick to listen but never believe a lie.

(1) (Reply)

Wind And Fire Camp Meeting / Jesus Culture / Points To Ponder Upon-Non-Muslims Especially Atheists And Christians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.