Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

When Will Our Local Coaches Ever Get It Right? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Will Our Local Coaches Ever Get It Right? (2162 Views)

Why Local Coaches Fail - Bonfrere Jo / A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / Africa Needs Local Coaches e.g. Kanu - Lagerback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: When Will Our Local Coaches Ever Get It Right? by davidif: 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2010
Let's  not forget that the last time we made it to the ACN Final that our coach was Bonfrere Jo and yes the olympics are above the other age grade tournaments.

All i am trying to say is that people who comment here know nothing about coaching, they think that football is a very simplistic and unsophisticated sport. They don't understand that its a chess game. I was reading an interview from Joachim Loew during the  world cup and he was talking about how he divides the pitch into 18 different triangles with players inter-changing positions from triangle to triangle and i was blown away. Our coaches on the other hand barely understand rudimentary tactics, some don't even understand the difference between zonal marking is? meanwhile the fans at home don't know that at the U17 and the U21 level you can get by on skill alone but at the senior level, you can't get by without tactics. The fans on here usually think that coaching is all about shouting instructions to players from the sideline or simple formation, they barely understand how to read the game and yet they come on here spouting nonsense. Another point is that coaching is more than tactics, its about sport psychology, sports science and the use of live fitness data which almost nobody on this thread has heard about.

What role did the Portuguese FA play in helping Maurinho?

There should be standards and accreditation in order for our indigenous coaches to get better. The EPL specifies that each coach must have there UEFA A-License and a UEFA Pro License before they can coach in the premiership, in Nigeria we don't have anything and yet we expect to be good enough. Another mistake that people make is that they think that there is equality in the world; that  the Nigerian league is as good as the German Bundesliga or Dutch Erevidise, if that were true then i would absolutely be against foreign coaches but unfortunately its not and that is where the FA has to step in to train and bring our coaches up to world class standards and not just hiring a guy because he is Nigerian but because he is the best man for the job.
Re: When Will Our Local Coaches Ever Get It Right? by Eboski(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2010
Left with me alone,i do tink we nid any oyinbo coaches again.they we mess up with us and the tin they ve jet back to their countries.our locals coaches nid time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allen Iverson And Other Bankrupt Athletes – What Can We Learn From Them? / Pro-soccer Football Trials And Tryout 2018/2019! / How I Make Millions In A Week From Betnja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.