Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) (61881 Views)

Pictures Of The Peugeot Plant President Buhari Will Commission In Kaduna Today / President Buhari will Commission Brand New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line tomorrow!!! / Photos Of The Projects Buhari Will Commission In Lagos Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by 9jaRealist: 12:18am On Apr 26, 2019
Biodun556:

The buses were assembled in Lagos by the state government itselt. Innoson couldn't have done better.

The state government may have plans to build commercial buses in the state in future as you can see assembly plant in the picture.

Innoson doesn't produce engine but makes body of vehicles and many of his vehicles are imported and then re branded.

Not yet, but they will be in future...
Not by government but by private partners (see clip below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD7CPkP0UW8&t=16s
Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by 9jaRealist: 12:24am On Apr 26, 2019
holysaint1:
The real question here should be, what will now become of the danfo buses and its likes ?

because we know what these guys were into before they became danfo drivers.

And lastly, i hope these people have made available a suitable road for these very low buses to ply... cause if its on these our already dilapidated roads, then they should be ready to visit the repair shop at least twice ever y week.

The Lagos government is not going to import drivers for these buses...
That's why they partnered with NURTW on this Initiative, and danfo drivers have been training/retraining since the first of these buses arrived.
Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by maestroferdi: 8:42am On Apr 26, 2019
9jaRealist:

I will leave the gutter of personal insults to you and stick with the substance of the discourse... SMH

First, we are discussing govt-owned businesses in NIGERIA, and hence the specific reference to "Nigerian govts are ill-suited thereto".
What is the rational basis to compare Nigerian government(s) with those of China, India, South Korea, Singapore and other Asian Tigers?

Meanwhile, South Korea did NOT develop its economy using government-owned businesses. Instead, the government supported and protected the PRIVATELY-owned chaebols (which were oligarchies and even monopolies), when in contrast many in the Nigerian chattering class regularly blow the proverbial gasket when the CBN as much as SELL (emphasis added) foreign currency to Dangote to build the world's largest single-train refinery that would employ hundreds of Nigerians (from engineers and other professionals to unskilled and artisanal labor) while saving Nigeria billions in imported products and even earning forex for Nigeria. Ultimately, our OWN history should be our best teacher!
I am afraid I cannot get the thrust of your assertions.

Sort of wide off the mark...
Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by 9jaRealist: 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2019
maestroferdi:
I am afraid I cannot get the thrust of your assertions.

Sort of wide off the mark...

Of course you cannot...

Apparently, sticking to facts and substance (instead of rolling in the mud of personal insults) completely threw you off, but let me know what was apparently too difficult for you to comprehend about the factual assertion that Nigerian government-owned businesses have repeatedly failed and that Nigerian governments have repeatedly shown no capacity to successfully run businesses, and thus we should not persist with what has repeatedly failed us. SMH
Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by maestroferdi: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2019
9jaRealist:

Of course you cannot...

Apparently, sticking to facts and substance (instead of rolling in the mud of personal insults) completely threw you off, but let me know what was apparently too difficult for you to comprehend about the factual assertion that Nigerian government-owned businesses have repeatedly failed and that Nigerian governments have repeatedly shown no capacity to successfully run businesses, and thus we should not persist with what has repeatedly failed us. SMH
You are getting ridiculous...

Are you saying that Nigerians have an existential problem with making government endeavours work/thrive?

My friend think stuff through before hitting the keyboard...

A conscientious leader will out round pegs in round holes to ensure that processes and initiatives work.

The fundamental problem is that the so-called leaders themselves embody graft and official recklessness thereby confirming the aphorism/truism that one cannot give what they never had in the first place.

The problem of Africa begins and ends with the quality of leadership...

You dont spend tens of millions either to sink a borehole or to design a website which in each case cost a minutiae of their actual costs and then turn round and expect your followers to do otherwise.

The law of sowing and reaping is universal, my friend...
Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2019
Uduak2019:
Afonjas are just wasting their time. Nothing good will ever come out of afonjaland!
If only your people would stay back in the hinterlands where they belong.
Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 29, 2019
Mrshocker:

You are right but it’s quiet unfortunate that the region where Innoson came from don’t know how to play politics. If innoson motor was owned by a northerner or the southwesterner politician the whole country would have been forced to use innoson. For example( Dongote products), Elizade(Major distributor of Toyota) this people play there politics well than our people.
It’s not just about “Politics”. Your people are usually uncouth, mannerless and lack simple diplomacy and the art of compromise.
Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 29, 2019
Olu20090:

Why don't yorubas attend yoruba owned churches in numbers like Igbos do? If we reason like you, you will have no Adeboye, Bishop David Oyedepo, e.t.c. Tribalistic things!
So, basically, you guys are ignorant as hell because all those men you mentioned up there are nothing but scammers.
Re: See The Fleet Of Intelligent Buses That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (photos) by 9jaRealist: 4:59am On Apr 30, 2019
maestroferdi:
You are getting ridiculous...

Are you saying that Nigerians have an existential problem with making government endeavours work/thrive?

My friend think stuff through before hitting the keyboard...

A conscientious leader will out round pegs in round holes to ensure that processes and initiatives work.

The fundamental problem is that the so-called leaders themselves embody graft and official recklessness thereby confirming the aphorism/truism that one cannot give what they never had in the first place.

The problem of Africa begins and ends with the quality of leadership...

You dont spend tens of millions either to sink a borehole or to design a website which in each case cost a minutiae of their actual costs and then turn round and expect your followers to do otherwise.

The law of sowing and reaping is universal, my friend...

I am saying that in almost 60 years as an independent nation, Nigerian governments have not shown the capacity properly run businesses...

Coincidentally, somewhere in those 60 years, Nigeria has privatized banks, cement, fertilizer and petrochemicals companies, downstream oil companies, deregulated telecommunications and oil/gas services, and each has worked almost always (not necessarily always) better. Now, folks may want to indulge in theoretical discussions about “existentialism” but for whatever reason that’s the just the stark REALITY (see my moniker) of our collective national experience.

Perhaps, it IS a “problem of leadership” (personally that for me would be the subject of an entirely different discourse) but whatever it may be it remains OUR REALITY, and while theories and theses may well be all good and dandy, as I previously said, OUR own history should be OUR best teacher. The way science works (including social “science”) is that after repeatedly getting the same outcome from the same experiment, a theory is considered proven.

Meanwhile, we had a dude come along promising “change” in the quality of leadership, and we ended up as the poverty capital of the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Buhari And Trump Phone Call / 428,941 Nigerians Got Cash In 24 States, 130,455 From Katsina – Minister / Enyinnaya Abaribe: The Igbo Man Doesn't Kneel For Anybody Except His Chi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.