Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Felix Oteka Killer Caught As Promised. Kudos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Felix Oteka Killer Caught As Promised. Kudos (1210 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Rev. Felix Meduoye Visits Buhari (photos) / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Felix Oteka Killer Caught As Promised. Kudos by Mamajama(m): 2:40pm On May 01, 2007
Inspector General of Police Mr. Sunday Ehindero, yesterday threatened that the Force would no longer spare politicians and dignitaries that harass, assault and hold to ransom men and officers of the Force for not doing their (civilians) biddings.
Ehindero was reacting to the alleged assault and abduction of a Divisional Police Officer (DPO) by a former governor, whose name he did not mention.
According to him, the former governor is in the Police custody and would be charged to court for assault and battery against a law enforcement agent.
Ehindero said: “For instance, a former governor is now in Police custody for abducting a Divisional Police Officer (DPO). He threw him inside his vehicle and held him captive for over two hours. We are charging him to court for assault and battery. The Police are a symbol of authority and policemen should not be harassed or assaulted by members of the public. We also have rights. We are still looking for a DSP and an Inspector in that state. We won’t take it lightly,” he assured.
Meanwhile, the Police have arrested the suspected killers of Commissioner of Police in charge of Police Mobile Force (PMF), Force Headquarters, Mr. Felix Oteka, who was brutally murdered by unknown gunmen on December 5, 2006.
Parading the suspects in his office yesterday, the Inspector General of Police said the four suspects would soon be arraigned in court.
“There is no doubt, we have some criminals terrorising citizens in Abuja and environs. Because of this, I gave directives to the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of ‘D’ Department to re-organise the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in such a way that there would be raids to fish out some of these criminals. In the course of these raids, we have been able to fish out notorious criminals. Among the gangs we have here is the group that killed the Commissioner of Police, Felix Oteka last year.
“You will recall that he was killed while on his way to his place of official assignment at around A.U.A Shopping Complex. Following tip offs, Uche Okorie and Otube Useneko were arrested at the premises of High Court, Gudu, Abuja while Richard Nyako, a Ghanaian was arrested in Makurdi during his wedding and the fourth suspect, Ali Ahmed was arrested as a receiver of stolen property.”
However, only Nyako and Uche were paraded by the Police as the two others were said to be receiving medical attention for undisclosed ailments while other members of the gang who are on the run were simply identified as Isaac, Emma, Gulf, Peter, Johnson, Sule and Prince.
In an interaction with journalists, Ricahrd Nyako, the Ghanaian asserted that the Commissioner of Police was killed in an error.
“We have just finished robbing at AUA shopping complex and were already on our way when our car developed a problem. Then our driver alerted us that the Police were following us and that was how Prince, (the leader of the gang) started shooting indiscriminately.
“We thought the people that we robbed alerted the police and that they were coming to arrest us that was why we panicked and started shooting. Nobody knew he was a Commissioner of Police, nobody paid us or hired us to kill the CP.”
Nyako who said he was born and bred in Nigeria said he got N75,000 from the operation that was carried out in AUA saying he had never killed anybody before.
“What we use to do before was ‘one chance’. Then we started real armed robbery. We also attacked a Bureau de Change near the National Mosque (Zone 4, Wuse) and we collected $20,000. I got N2.5 million from that “work” and I used it to build a house and marry. It was the day of my marriage that I was arrested”, he said.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=76902

(1) (Reply)

What Economic Future Does Nigeria Have Outside Oil? / Umaru Yar’adua’s White House Visit Hopes Dashed / Credible Election: Don’t Trust Jonathan • Ibb Is Finished -pastor Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.