Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location (6983 Views)

The Hidden Profit In Storage Business / Akwa Ibom Women Go To Farm With Weapon To Protect Selves From Bandits / Lagos Distributes Maize, Sorghum To Farm Settlements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 11:36am On Apr 24, 2019
My first encounter with strawberry in Nigeria. I had always know that strawberries grow in Nigeria but had never had the experience of growing or seeing a farm until Jan 2018.The time while playing in Jo's, we played our way to chaha a suburb of vom where I saw the fruit for the first time face to face in my life

What is strawberry: few Nigerians actually know that this fruit grows in Nigeria. Hope you are not expecting me to start the genetic definition of the plant?Strawberry as a plant is widely eaten raw or converted to make flavour, soap, ice cream etc.

Among all the business in Nigeria strawberry business is the only business you can start with less than 50k( see the eBook and videos). It also a business that require less effort with high gain. Also a business that needs speed to sell off.
The question now is how do one partake of the wealth in strawberry business?

There are generally three ways of making money from strawberry business.
1. Farming
2. Direct sales
3. Processing

The first require less than 100k to start the second 50k then the third na money.( though it depends on the scale you want to do)
Today we are going to be looking at strawberry farming

Let me start on this note. Strawberry can grow any where in Nigeria contrary to popular beliefs that it cannot grow any where.

There are three major ways of farming this plant.
1. Suspended means
2. Use of pot/verse
3. Lands
Land preparation:
Strawberry does well in a land with minimum 12 hours of sun light. Sandy and has a pH of 5.5 to 7max(for best result use 6.5)
Till the land and prepare ridges or mound that are Max 0.5m in heigh. Completely stripe the land of any shade or grass.After preparing the land. Its then time for transplanting.
Strawberry as a plant has over 200 seeds on it's shell but the best forming of transportation is to use seedling(already sprouted seeds).
This seedlings are placed in the morning with ¾ of their roots into the soil. And covered firmly while avoiding the leaves from touching the sand or the soil.

Watering: It is important to note that strawberry leaves are not watered rather the roots are directly watered using either drip system or flooding system. Also note that evening or morning is the best time to water.

Weeding: This is solely done with the use of hands not machine.

Fertilizer: nitrogen compounds are the best form of fertilizer to apply to strawberry plants, and this can be gotten from human or animal waste.
After planting the soil under the plants is covered with straws to discourage the growth of weed or with nylon.

After this it takes max 4 months for it to starts fruiting and can be harvested 3 times a week.
Pest of strawberry: the major pest are snail and caterpillars
Harvested is strickly done by hand.
After being picked it is washed only when it wants to be consumed. Dont wash and keep it

Quick analysis of how much it cost to start a strawberry farming using sac bags:
Note all price in naira
Let's say you do 50 units.
Cost of one seeding 500
Transportation of seeding 200
Total cost 700
700*50-------35,000
Cost of sac bag----50
50*50-----------2500
Cost of straw or nylon--1000
Cost of fertilizer( if you don't have shit)----3000
Minor expenses (logistics)-------------10000

Total:-------------51,000.

After 4 months:
From 50 stands you are sure of 10kg weekly till harvest week is over which starts from August to April. Which is about 20 weeks.
And an average of 1kg cost 3000 in Lagos

10kg *3000--------30,000

30000*20weeks-------600,000

Check the investment and make your choice.

Note: its greater when you use more seedlings, also put into consideration morality rate, cost of weeding and ridging farm, water etc( for those that want easy labour, but it can be done by yourself).

Good day! am David Ezeonyekwere, ask your questions.

Zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five

4 Likes

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by shirgles(m): 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2019
Plz drop ur contact
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2019
shirgles:
Plz drop ur contact
zero eight one three four seven zero Zero seven zero five
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
New Portharcout project on strawberry about to start
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by omorkelly(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
How donI order for the seedling?
Do you accept POD?
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2019
omorkelly:
How donI order for the seedling?
Do you accept POD?
We have in our farm in Jos. We don't do POD, rather you can buy from our farm directly
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Suspended Means of Farming Strawberry

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Nobody: 5:50am On May 25, 2019
Onlinefarmstore:
My first encounter with strawberry in Nigeria. I had always know that strawberries grow in Nigeria but had never had the experience of growing or seeing a farm until Jan 2018.The time while playing in Jo's, we played our way to chaha a suburb of vom where I saw the fruit for the first time face to face in my life

What is strawberry: few Nigerians actually know that this fruit grows in Nigeria. Hope you are not expecting me to start the genetic definition of the plant?Strawberry as a plant is widely eaten raw or converted to make flavour, soap, ice cream etc.

Among all the business in Nigeria strawberry business is the only business you can start with less than 50k( see the eBook and videos). It also a business that require less effort with high gain. Also a business that needs speed to sell off.
The question now is how do one partake of the wealth in strawberry business?

There are generally three ways of making money from strawberry business.
1. Farming
2. Direct sales
3. Processing

The first require less than 100k to start the second 50k then the third na money.( though it depends on the scale you want to do)
Today we are going to be looking at strawberry farming

Let me start on this note. Strawberry can grow any where in Nigeria contrary to popular beliefs that it cannot grow any where.

There are three major ways of farming this plant.
1. Suspended means
2. Use of pot/verse
3. Lands
Land preparation:
Strawberry does well in a land with minimum 12 hours of sun light. Sandy and has a pH of 5.5 to 7max(for best result use 6.5)
Till the land and prepare ridges or mound that are Max 0.5m in heigh. Completely stripe the land of any shade or grass.After preparing the land. Its then time for transplanting.
Strawberry as a plant has over 200 seeds on it's shell but the best forming of transportation is to use seedling(already sprouted seeds).
This seedlings are placed in the morning with ¾ of their roots into the soil. And covered firmly while avoiding the leaves from touching the sand or the soil.

Watering: It is important to note that strawberry leaves are not watered rather the roots are directly watered using either drip system or flooding system. Also note that evening or morning is the best time to water.

Weeding: This is solely done with the use of hands not machine.

Fertilizer: nitrogen compounds are the best form of fertilizer to apply to strawberry plants, and this can be gotten from human or animal waste.
After planting the soil under the plants is covered with straws to discourage the growth of weed or with nylon.

After this it takes max 4 months for it to starts fruiting and can be harvested 3 times a week.
Pest of strawberry: the major pest are snail and caterpillars
Harvested is strickly done by hand.
After being picked it is washed only when it wants to be consumed. Dont wash and keep it

Quick analysis of how much it cost to start a strawberry farming using sac bags:
Note all price in naira
Let's say you do 50 units.
Cost of one seeding 500
Transportation of seeding 200
Total cost 700
700*50-------35,000
Cost of sac bag----50
50*50-----------2500
Cost of straw or nylon--1000
Cost of fertilizer( if you don't have shit)----3000
Minor expenses (logistics)-------------10000

Total:-------------51,000.

After 4 months:
From 50 stands you are sure of 10kg weekly till harvest week is over which starts from August to April. Which is about 20 weeks.
And an average of 1kg cost 3000 in Lagos

10kg *3000--------30,000

30000*20weeks-------600,000

Check the investment and make your choice.

Note: its greater when you use more seedlings, also put into consideration morality rate, cost of weeding and ridging farm, water etc( for those that want easy labour, but it can be done by yourself).

Good day! am David Ezeonyekwere, ask your questions.

Zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five

Your thread seems OK until you wrote that a strawberry plant will give you 10kgfruits per week. Hahahahah! Oga, tell me that very cultivar? Hmmmm! And how can strawberry fruit continuously my from August to April? Even Ever Bearing Cultivars rest before picking up again.

I do not doubt you are in the business, but I suggest you wait for 1 to 2 years while you test about 5 cultivars and know which do well in various places. Try to have patience with the outcome of your farm projects. Even, buy more cultivars and test very well. I know some good cultivars which tolerate heat. But in all honesty, you need shading to make them fruit well. So, except in cold area like Jos, strawberry should be under shade in all other areas. If you doubt me, take the trials and compare the ones under shade and without on your farms.

But to say a strawberry plant will give you 10kg per week is beyond me.

If you are sure, I will take 2 to 5 seedlings that are already fruiting from you, I cannot waste my time waiting for 3 months before it starts fruiting.

Bro, you do not need to even get such high yield for me to patronize you. I will patronize you if you can show me the market and not start telling me later to go and create it. And if you are the agent, just say it from the start. Cos it looks you are more into the sales. And we discuss very well.

And personally, I will create a thread to show nairalanders the secrets and techniques of strawberry and other berries in non cold regions. Do you know how many people on nairaland who will do strawberry if you really have the market for it? And then if there is an expert who can pilot them? Hahaha! Even guys in Ekiti and Ede will perform wonders on it. You just devote your time for farm visitation too. If you can sell large numbers, just wait and let me test your seedlings, then we can talk more. Berries like strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, cranberry, juniper berry (medicinal for urinary system), pormegranates are plants I have wide experience on.

I appreciate modern farmers in agric. And these new areas in hot and high humid regions of West Africa. Bless you!

2 Likes

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 6:07am On May 25, 2019
Pistotita:

Your thread seems OK until you wrote that a strawberry plant will give you 10kgfruits per week. Hahahahah! Oga, tell me that very cultivar? Hmmmm! And how can strawberry fruit continuously my from August to April? Even Ever Bearing Cultivars rest before picking up again.

I do not doubt you are in the business, but I suggest you wait for 1 to 2 years while you test about 5 cultivars and know which do well in various places. Try to have patience with the outcome of your farm projects. Even, buy more cultivars and test very well. I know some good cultivars which tolerate heat. But in all honesty, you need shading to make them fruit well. So, except in cold area like Jos, strawberry should be under shade in all other areas. If you doubt me, take the trials and compare the ones under shade and without on your farms.

If you are sure, I will take 2 to 5 seedlings that are already fruiting from you, I cannot waste my time waiting for 3 months before it starts fruiting.

Bro, you do not need to even get such high yield for me to patronize you. I will patronize you if you can show me the market and not start telling me later to go and create it. And if you are the agent, just say it from the start. Cos it looks you are more into the sales. And we discuss very well.

And personally, I will create a thread to show nairalanders the secrets and techniques of strawberry and other berries in non cold regions. Do you know how many people on nairaland who will do strawberry if you really have the market for it? And then if there is an expert who can pilot them? Hahaha! Even guys in Ekiti and Ede will perform wonders on it. You just devote your time for farm visitation too. If you can sell large numbers, just wait and let me test your seedlings, then we can talk more. Berries like strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, cranberry, juniper berry (medicinal for urinary system), pormegranates are plants I have wide experience on.

I appreciate modern farmers in agric. And these new areas in hot and high humid regions of West Africa. Bless you!
Thank you sir for your constructive critics, kindly know that what you read on google is getting you confused, as strawberries need more sunlight eight to twelve hours. Also know that if you know the dynamics of this business you will not be asking for market, as regards the farm we have in Ikeja, Abeokuta, sango Ota and Portharcout, Asaba make time to visit each of them. Am not telling you not to buy from us. But we do minimum 50 stands. This pictures shows you the harvest from Asaba. Am Raspberry and blueberries available.

Call/WhatsApp: zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Nobody: 6:44am On May 25, 2019
Onlinefarmstore:

Thank you sir for your constructive critics, kindly know that what you read on google is getting you confused, as strawberries need more sunlight eight to twelve hours. Also know that if you know the dynamics of this business you will not be asking for market, as regards the farm we have in Ikeja, Abeokuta, sango Ota and Portharcout, Asaba make time to visit each of them. Am not telling you not to buy from us. But we do minimum 50 stands. This pictures shows you the harvest from Asaba. Am Raspberry and blueberries available.

Call/WhatsApp: zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five

OK bro. I rest my case on your 10kg per week per plant and August to April fruiting. He is talking like it is easy to move around a perishable fruit of 2 days. one fruit is max of 30grams. To get 10kg, you need 333 fruits per week on each plant. Which of your pictures show me 50 fruits on a plant, not to talk of 333 to 500. How can that happen? Even your plants have the ability to produce large numbers of flowers, you will be advised to prune. How can 1 plant sustain 10kg per week continuously for 9 months. Do you understand the energy plants need for fruiting? I am sure you are not a farmer. You better have patience and do thorough trials instead of misleading readers just because you want to sell seedlings. I even thought your purpose is to buy fruits from farmers on their farms so you can resell. So. it is seedlings you want to sell. 10kg per plant per week. Hahahahaha! And the cultivar does not have any name. Very funny response about your Google comment. It is you who is confused because of what you want to sell. You know nothing about berries. I hate it when you people just deliberately deceive people. Why? A beg, a dey leave your thread. Take care!

2 Likes

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 7:53am On May 25, 2019
Pistotita:

OK bro. I rest my case on your 10kg per week per plant and August to April fruiting. He is talking like it is easy to move around a perishable fruit of 2 days. one fruit is max of 30grams. To get 10kg, you need 333 fruits per week on each plant. Which of your pictures show me 50 fruits on a plant, not to talk of 333 to 500. How can that happen? Even your plants have the ability to produce large numbers of flowers, you will be advised to prune. How can 1 plant sustain 10kg per week continuously for 9 months. Do you understand the energy plants need for fruiting? I am sure you are not a farmer. You better have patience and do thorough trials instead of misleading readers just because you want to sell seedlings. I even thought your purpose is to buy fruits from farmers on their farms so you can resell. So. it is seedlings you want to sell. 10kg per plant per week. Hahahahaha! And the cultivar does not have any name. Very funny response about your Google comment. It is you who is confused because of what you want to sell. You know nothing about berries. I hate it when you people just deliberately deceive people. Why? A beg, a dey leave your thread. Take care!

You are getting us wrong sir. The five to ten kg calculation per week is done with with fifty stands of strawberries. And about the perishability, you harvest one day a week, please we are not sure you are even a farmer sir. We are still sure when we tell you about raspberry growing you will still doubt it?

1 Like

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Nobody: 9:07am On May 25, 2019
Onlinefarmstore:

You are getting us wrong sir. The five to ten kg calculation per week is done with with fifty stands of strawberries. And about the perishability, you harvest one day a week, please we are not sure you are even a farmer sir. We are still sure when we tell you about raspberry growing you will still doubt it?

Oh. OK. Quite achievable for 50 plants if it is 5 to 10kg. I went back to your first post and saw 10kg for 50 plants. And you should have used 5kg (now you mentioned 5kg - 10kg which is more resonaable to me for 50 plants) for your sales calculation as worst scenario and inform about additional costs of packaging and storing. It is expensive sir. Also, not all seedlings will survive long. And August to April is not 20 weeks. These are what got me confused with your post. N3,000 for 1 kg is somehow. I am sure prices fall crazily in producing areas at times. Guess you are talking about special market which I do not doubt.

Oga, I can give you 3 cultivars I have tested in Lagos and give you accurate info. Whether you think I am a farmer or not is not the issue. The issue is that you got me confused. Though. I made mistake thinking you wrote 10kg per week. Not saying it is not possible to achieve what you are doing after clarification. Do not get me wrong, but you made it too easy the way you wrote about it. There are challenges in the business that I have noticed. But not saying you do not have solutions to them cos I cannot be Mr. Know it all.

Your market is simply more to malls, supermarkets, groceries , etc. Just like greenhouse farming. But the risk is that this is just 2 to 5 days shelf life. Do you want to compare it with other fruits of 3 wks shelf life and people still have issues? Cherry tomato is around N1,000 per kg, Capsicum is like N750 to N1,500. And are crazily profitable just because there solutions for storing without power. Nigeria and power is a big issue bro. As high profitable as mushroom is, this is the main challenge as this one starts spoiling 1 hr after harvest. You should consider storing costs too.

Oga, I know exactly what I am saying. I can educate you about that Wanbula....apple or whatever it is called from Kenya too which you put on another thread cos I worked on it too. And during my research, I met 3 other apple grafting experts in Kenya who told me the original variety that man named Wanballa or whatever. And I got the original too. Boom. The products are same. Why the man has not told anyone the varieties he crossed to get his own cultivar? Why has he not got patent for it? And I think that man is playing with fire and jail term if the Israeli company of the original cultivar nab him. Lol. He simple grafted with a particular rootstock and named it his name. Who recognised the name? Oga, it is you who is not talking like a farmer. This strawberry business goes beyond 50kg per week for 50 plants. But it is reasonable, and achievable. (Sorry for that mix up, as I was wrong there).

Sir, it is a good business. Yes, I know and very profitable. And if I am making my calculation, I am going to be sure I can sell at N3,000. My point is that even at N1,000, it is profitable if storing, packaging, and distribution are cheap.

Now that we are on the same level, I can discuss further with you. Strawberry is a nice one. I just want to get the marketing right first. Any hint will be appreciated. Or if you want us to talk privately, it is fine. Marketing is what I am really concerned with first, leave the rest for me.

Why not? I can buy from you sir. Sure, why not?
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 9:24am On May 25, 2019
Pistotita:

Oh. OK. Quite achievable for 50 plants if it is 5 to 10kg. I went back to your first post and saw 10kg for 50 plants. And you should have used 5kg (now you mentioned 5kg - 10kg which is more resonaable to me for 50 plants) for your sales calculation as worst scenario and inform about additional costs of packaging and storing. It is expensive sir. Also, not all seedlings will survive long. And August to April is not 20 weeks. These are what got me confused with your post. N3,000 for 1 kg is somehow. I am sure prices fall crazily in producing areas at times. Guess you are talking about special market which I do not doubt.

Oga, I can give you 3 cultivars I have tested in Lagos and give you accurate info. Whether you think I am a farmer or not is not the issue. The issue is that you got me confused. Though. I made mistake thinking you wrote 10kg per week. Not saying it is not possible to achieve what you are doing after clarification. Do not get me wrong, but you made it too easy the way you wrote about it. There are challenges in the business that I have noticed. But not saying you do not have solutions to them cos I cannot be Mr. Know it all.

Your market is simply more to malls, supermarkets, groceries , etc. Just like greenhouse farming. But the risk is that this is just 2 to 5 days shelf life. Do you want to compare it with other fruits of 3 wks shelf life and people still have issues? Cherry tomato is around N1,000 per kg, Capsicum is like N750 to N1,500. And are crazily profitable just because there solutions for storing without power. Nigeria and power is a big issue bro. As high profitable as mushroom is, this is the main challenge as this one starts spoiling 1 hr after harvest. You should consider storing costs too.

Oga, I know exactly what I am saying. I can educate you about that Wanbula....apple or whatever it is called from Kenya too which you put on another thread cos I worked on it too. And during my research, I met 3 other apple grafting experts in Kenya who told me the original variety that man named Wanballa or whatever. And I got the original too. Boom. The products are same. Why the man has not told anyone the varieties he crossed to get his own cultivar? Why has he not got patent for it? And I think that man is playing with fire and jail term if the Israeli company of the original cultivar nab him. Lol. He simple grafted with a particular rootstock and named it his name. Who recognised the name? Oga, it is you who is not talking like a farmer. This strawberry business goes beyond 50kg per week for 50 plants. But it is reasonable, and achievable. (Sorry for that mix up, as I was wrong there).

Sir, it is a good business. Yes, I know and very profitable. And if I am making my calculation, I am going to be sure I can sell at N3,000. My point is that even at N1,000, it is profitable if storing, packaging, and distribution are cheap.

Now that we are on the same level, I can discuss further with you. Strawberry is a nice one. I just want to get the marketing right first. Any hint will be appreciated. Or if you want us to talk privately, it is fine. Marketing is what I am really concerned with first, leave the rest for me.

Why not? I can buy from you sir. Sure, why not?

Now let's get something straight Mr. If you claim to know all about strawberry sir ( with due respect) you should have know that strawberry seedlings don't die (except extreme conditions) they only go into a stage called dormant stage.

As for the pricing, you should have know that know that strawberries are very expensive, even in the farm in Jo's its not cheap.

Three, if you claim that you experimented in Lagos, what was your out come cos we will teach you one thousand and a one ways to plant berries.

We are also sure you haven't had access to raspberry and blueberries

1 Like

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Nobody: 11:31am On May 25, 2019
Onlinefarmstore:

Now let's get something straight Mr. If you claim to know all about strawberry sir ( with due respect) you should have know that strawberry seedlings don't die (except extreme conditions) they only go into a stage called dormant stage.

As for the pricing, you should have know that know that strawberries are very expensive, even in the farm in Jo's its not cheap.

Three, if you claim that you experimented in Lagos, what was your out come cos we will teach you one thousand and a one ways to plant berries.

We are also sure you haven't had access to raspberry and blueberries

You have answered yourself the question. And there are many unforeseen conditions. When you have 50 plants, you do not use 100% for figures. It has nothing to do with management or skill. It is called using "common sense".

Dearest, I have tried the following: strawberry (5 cultivars), Grape(purple and green color), pomegranate, Apple (4 cultivars and I can tell you which to mix with your so called Wangalo...for better pollination), Kiwi, raspberry, juniper berry, blueberry was not delivered though I ordered for it, pear, passion fruits, and sour sop. I did them all on small scale, I put them aside, and I know when to go into them. Oga, you do not need to believe me. You are shouting blueberry and raspberry like they are from heaven.

If I see any crop I like, I go for it. Kenyan and Uganda contacts plenty for my hand, if you vex me beyond this all I will do post contacts of sellers in Kenya, and tell anyone interested so I can link them with some Nigerian Christian Catholic sisters there who will facilitate smooth shipping to Nigeria. There is even one guy the sisters told me about who is based in Lagos. It was the guy who delivered my first seedlings. And I am sure he is selling seedlings now. I will just get his contact again and paste here to prove one or two things to you. But what will I achieve doing that? Why will I spoil your business? What will be my gain? Will someone else not spoil mine too (nemesis)?

If anyone wants to go via DHL shipment, and get import licence, there are about 10 people who have imported apples and pears to Nigeria that I know via this legal means. Of course, they will be so willing to assist new comers. So, you think raspberry and blue berries are from heaven.

Oga, good luck with your business. Your thread caught my attention cos of the marketing claims, and I was prepared to even purchase first seedlings set from you if your claims are right, before I expand with runners from my farm or multiply them by another method.

Bye bye to your thread. I have nothing to prove to you. If anyone asks me sensitive questions about my products, it is always opportunity to win customers cos I will do my best to explain very well. I wonder how many readers you would have won their hearts if you took your time to address my concerns instead of throwing jabs at me. No matter how hot a potential customer is, I always explain politely. It means your after sales customer service will be terrible. If you like, put more jabs against me in your response. It is you and your products that will suffer your poor customer service.

God bless your hustle. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 12:19pm On May 25, 2019
Pistotita:

You have answered yourself the question. And there are many unforeseen conditions. When you have 50 plants, you do not use 100% for figures. It has nothing to do with management or skill. It is called using "common sense".

Dearest, I have tried the following: strawberry (5 cultivars), Grape(purple and green color), pomegranate, Apple (4 cultivars and I can tell you which to mix with your so called Wangalo...for better pollination), Kiwi, raspberry, juniper berry, blueberry was not delivered though I ordered for it, pear, passion fruits, and sour sop. I did them all on small scale, I put them aside, and I know when to go into them. Oga, you do not need to believe me. You are shouting blueberry and raspberry like they are from heaven.

If I see any crop I like, I go for it. Kenyan and Uganda contacts plenty for my hand, if you vex me beyond this all I will do post contacts of sellers in Kenya, and tell anyone interested so I can link them with some Nigerian Christian Catholic sisters there who will facilitate smooth shipping to Nigeria. There is even one guy the sisters told me about who is based in Lagos. It was the guy who delivered my first seedlings. And I am sure he is selling seedlings now. I will just get his contact again and paste here to prove one or two things to you. But what will I achieve doing that? Why will I spoil your business? What will be my gain? Will someone else not spoil mine too (nemesis)?

If anyone wants to go via DHL shipment, and get import licence, there are about 10 people who have imported apples and pears to Nigeria that I know via this legal means. Of course, they will be so willing to assist new comers. So, you think raspberry and blue berries are from heaven.

Oga, good luck with your business. Your thread caught my attention cos of the marketing claims, and I was prepared to even purchase first seedlings set from you if your claims are right, before I expand with runners from my farm or multiply them by another method.

Bye bye to your thread. I have nothing to prove to you. If anyone asks me sensitive questions about my products, it is always opportunity to win customers cos I will do my best to explain very well. I wonder how many readers you would have won their hearts if you took your time to address my concerns instead of throwing jabs at me. No matter how hot a potential customer is, I always explain politely. It means your after sales customer service will be terrible. If you like, put more jabs against me in your response. It is you and your products that will suffer your poor customer service.

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Twagrill(m): 12:25pm On May 25, 2019
Onlinefarmstore:
Suspended Means of Farming Strawberry
thanks for sharing.
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Twagrill(m): 12:48pm On May 25, 2019
Pistotita:

can all these plants you mentioned be grown in nigeria?
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by dozieinspired: 11:35pm On May 25, 2019
Please I would love to know the commercial viability of hog plum which is called iyeye in yoruba
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
Success! Success!! Success!!!

Thank you #Nigerians, thank you!
As we conclude another phase of research,(NABUCULHED- National Berry Cultivation For Health and Development). We have successfully grown strawberries all over #Nigeria, the journey hasn't been easy with hindrances, but in our team word, "we don't fail, we only learn new things".

Above is a success story in #Warri Delta State.

Thank you Nigeria.

White paper on our research will be released soon!

#strawberries #organic #cheapmarketdeal #mobilefarmer #canfarmer #smallmoneybiz

For more info, videos and expalination learn more via

[url]g.page/CheapMarketDeal[/url]

[url]Instagram.com/CheapMarketDeal[/url]

[url]facebook.com/cheapmarketdeal[/url]
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Onlinefarmstore: 6:13am On Dec 28, 2019
How to Grow Strawberries on a Balcony

Strawberries in containers are well suited to balcony gardens.
Even if you live in an apartment you can grow your own strawberries as long as you have a sunny balcony. If you can create the proper growing conditions, strawberries will grow in practically any container, such as a strawberry pot, hanging flowerpot, window box, cheap plastic basket or by making containers out of plastic bottles and cans.

You can use the same method to grow strawberries in containers on a porch or patio as well.

Why Should You Consider Growing Strawberries?

Strawberries are the most popular small fruit grown in home gardens for good reason. Few things bring back good memories like sinking teeth into a fresh and juicy strawberry. Why not have these sweet berries growing in your own garden? They are able to be grown in most regions of the world!

Strawberries are relatively easy to grow, and they can fit within small space constraints or fill huge garden plots. Growing strawberries doesn’t require any specialized equipment. And, they can even be grown in a container or pot on a deck, porch, patio, or balcony.

One of the biggest benefits of growing strawberries is their perennial nature. You can reap the rewards of your labor for several years after initially planting strawberries with minimal effort after the initial planting year. With proper care, it is not uncommon for each strawberry plant to produce a full quart of strawberries. Approximately twenty-five strawberry plants should adequately supply a normal family with delicious strawberries.

You can get your strawberry seedlings from us at a discounted rate of one thousand naira per seedlings(minimum order of ten- delivery inclusive). We will be delivering to Lagos on second to sixth January next year
Order window closes last day of Dec. by ten am

Call zero eight one three four seven zero zero seven zero five (WhatsApp enabled)

Follow @cheapmarketdeal on Facebook, Google and Instagram

Know more about us? Visit /decagro

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by hawwal84: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good day, can you be kind enough to respond to certain enquiries?

Looking forward to your positive response.

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by hawwal84: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2020

Hello, I wish to make certain enquiries with respect to strawberry cultivars.

Can you please provide the subtle differences as it relates to each cultivar?

Humble regards.
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by AmeLonRo(m): 2:54am On Apr 28, 2021
The argument on the thread have drawn a lot of light into the planting and etcetera argument is not bad at all. On sales, I think individuals can create their market in addition to the already established ones. Salesmen who know their onions make more money than producers no matter the product sir.
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by RealEzee(m): 11:29pm On Apr 28, 2021
The debate make sense sha

Sparked some interest in me
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by Ltherman(m): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2021

I wouldn't mind getting to know nore from you on this subject matter.

Is there any means of reaching you?
Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by AmeLonRo(m): 10:51am On May 12, 2022
I am I interested. The strawberry will be ready in 3 months. Wow!

1 Like

Re: How to Farm Strawberry For Profit In Your Location by ogbongenet: 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
Strawberry seed available..08060115253

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Sets Aside N50 Bn For Farm Mechanization / We’ll Convert Fuel Irrigation Pumps To Renewable Energy, Tinubu Assures Farmers / Virgin Farmland For Sale In At Ibadan,moniya,ijaye..20mint Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.