Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Babcock University In Pictures - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock University In Pictures (36769 Views)

Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two / Beautiful Pictures Of Babcock University Students In Styles (pics) / DISCLAIMER - Babcock University's Official Statement On A Story By Alaba Ajibola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by OdenKelechi(m): 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
masseratti:
no my dear, Kwara poly is on the same rate with my public primary school, don't beef am not even Babcock alumni, but please don't compare even Kwara poly to Babcock.
Help me tell the hediot. He's just pained that whichever uni he attended can't match Babcock.. and yes, I'm a proud alumni

1 Like

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by olawaz1: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
The first private university in Nigeria was igbinedion university, okada. Weldone for your pictorial job anyway
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by ocelot2006(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
nurez305:
Kwara poly is even better than this overated school angry

Joke of the season. You want to compare a private university with a PUBLIC polytechnic??
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by papyskinsy: 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
if yu hav de money let yur children go to a good private university.. simple
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by stanleyuzoh022: 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2019
Proud alumni...
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Dareal90s(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
observanc1:
futminna is in yorubaland?
Where do u see futminna here nw, is ur brain malfunctioning? or maybe u ar blind.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by mechanics(m): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2019
Make sense, but CU beat them o.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by airsaylongcon: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2019
OdenKelechi:

That's the 1st female hostel to be built on the campus and so far it's still the strongest. It's called Nyberg Hall

Nyberg and Ogden are probably the strongest
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
HigherEd:
Officially inaugurated on April 20, 1999, Babcock University is the pioneer private University in Nigeria.
--
Babcock is amomg the best privately owned universities in Nigeria and is Highly rated in Africa when it comes to Education and research. its environment is one of the most beautiful in Nigeria.
-
�AWARDS
• First Accredited Private University in Nigeria
• Among Universities in Nigeria to produce first class graduates at the Bar exams from the Nigeria Law School.
• Ranked among the top 20 universities with the most employable graduates in Nigeria (STUTERN)
• 1st University to clinch the World Branding Forum’s Best Brand Award (Education category, Nigeria) four times consecutively.
• First University in Nigeria to get all courses accredited within the first four years of establishing its medical school
--
Notable Alumni
• @davidoofficial - Nigerian Music Superstar
• @shollsman - CEO Paystack
• Olumide Oworu - Nigerian actor
• Alex Usifo - Veteran Nigerian actor

That's chiamaka, the second person from the left. Smart girl, Proud UCISS alumni
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2019
ogbonti:
SCHOOLS EVERYWHERE in nigeria minting "unemployable" GRADUATES

WHERE are the skills aquisition centers to produce blue collar workers and Entrepreneurs?

I mean where are the vocational schools to teach people how to make things with their hands? fix things with their hands, earn a living?

hMMMM... WE LOVE CHASING SHADOWS ALOT IN NIGERIA

BTW, why Ben Carson? An American who does not give a rat azz about you is what u are naming your college of medicine after?

Do you think there will be a WOLE SOYINKA college of liberal Arts in any University in the US? OR Olikoye Ramsome Kuti School of Medicine in any University in the UK? Black man grow up! EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY
Why was Polytechnic created in the first place, is not for students to acquire skills and then use it to generate wealth?. Instead of many using such skills all they think is white collar jobs by furthering to university that offers less practical but more theory
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by ogbonti: 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
seueh:

I hope you have checked properly on internet if that name(Ben Carson) has anything to do with Seventh Day Adventist Church or anything related to medicine, don't just type anything on internet,

Adventist or Medicine, same colo-mentality

Don't we have Naija clergy who were outstanding ijnthe 7th day Adventist Church or Medicine? Whatever it is- BLACKMAN love yourself! Honor yourself!
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2019
asuustrike1:

CU has the highest Jamb applicant yet their intake are lesser than Babcock how come?

BU has more spaces than CU. The objective is to select only the best for the limited spaces, not overcrowd the place like most Nigerian schools.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Robert129(m): 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
Deborachi:
I think the school is overrated
In what way ?
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by sonnie10: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2019
OdenKelechi:

That's the 1st female hostel to be built on the campus and so far it's still the strongest. It's called Nyberg Hall
do you know that sign?
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by HigherEd: 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
asuustrike1:

CU has the highest Jamb applicant yet their intake are lesser than Babcock how come?
CU doesn't want so much students... Babcock wants many...
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by mimicue(f): 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
Olumide owuru went to unilag not Babcock
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by goat22: 10:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
OdenKelechi:

Wrong. That's Nzobu nzobu hall
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bagehot:

BU has more spaces than CU. The objective is to select only the best for the limited spaces, not overcrowd the place like most Nigerian schools.
That is good
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Lonelyloner: 11:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
Nazi symbol
Hmm
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Darevofpeace(m): 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
nurez305:
Kwara poly is even better than this overated school angry
May God forgive you.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Darevofpeace(m): 11:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
sonnie10:
Why does that Ariel view (second to the last picture) look like something constructed by the Germans in the 40s?
Nazi recognition.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 1:47am On Apr 25, 2019
man, Nigerians think a university must have 50 acres of land and 100 buildings to be the best. travel abroad and see how top ranking schools use only a single 4 storey buiding with only a car park and offers the best education. we just dont get things right..i feel like we are cursed sometimes

1 Like

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Estiara(f): 6:52am On Apr 25, 2019
Lyoncrescent:
Great Babcockite. Its a good school because of the people you get to meet there but to be honest their research output is quite poor especially when you compare it with Covenant Uni. They also have some very lackluster lecturers who are only there because they are members of the seventh day Adventist fold. The food back then was suicide but if i had to choose which private university my child or family member will attend, i will consider Covenant Uni and Afe Babalola Uni before i consider babcock. Nice pictures though. I believe babcock,covenant,abuad,abti american and pan atlantic uni(lagos business school) should form a kind of ivy league private university association to conduct research and exchange knowledge and other ideas in a bid to improve excellence.

I like the way your thinking faculty functions. This is a brilliant idea! Hopefully, they see this and put it into consideration. It would be one of the most outstanding academic breakthroughs for Nigeria.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 25, 2019
Lyoncrescent:
Great Babcockite. Its a good school because of the people you get to meet there but to be honest their research output is quite poor especially when you compare it with Covenant Uni. They also have some very lackluster lecturers who are only there because they are members of the seventh day Adventist fold. The food back then was suicide but if i had to choose which private university my child or family member will attend, i will consider Covenant Uni and Afe Babalola Uni before i consider babcock. Nice pictures though. I believe babcock,covenant,abuad,abti american and pan atlantic uni(lagos business school) should form a kind of ivy league private university association to conduct research and exchange knowledge and other ideas in a bid to improve excellence.
First of all, "Ivy league" isn't an association to conduct research and exchange knowledge.
It's a collegiate athletic body comprising eight private universities in the US just like the UK's golden triangle.
At least if you can't cognate a different name for the Nigerian Universities, make correct references to the Foreign ones.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Lyoncrescent: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2019
Thehumanlloydl:

First of all, "Ivy league" isn't an association to conduct research and exchange knowledge.
It's a collegiate athletic body comprising eight private universities in the US just like the UK's golden triangle.
At least if you can't cognate a different name for the Nigerian Universities, make correct references to the Foreign ones.

The Ivy League is an American collegiate athletic conference comprising sports teams from eight private universities in the Northeastern United States. The term Ivy League is typically used to refer to those eight schools as a group of elite colleges beyond the sports context.[2] The eight members are Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, and Yale University. Ivy League has connotations of academic excellence, selectivity in admissions, and social elitism. While i agree that the ivy league in the US dont always conduct research or exchange knowledge together, i believe the Nigerian version should go down this path cos of funding constraints and also to build research citation rankings through collaboration

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2019
Lyoncrescent:

The Ivy League is an American collegiate athletic conference comprising sports teams from eight private universities in the Northeastern United States. The term Ivy League is typically used to refer to those eight schools as a group of elite colleges beyond the sports context.[2] The eight members are Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, and Yale University. Ivy League has connotations of academic excellence, selectivity in admissions, and social elitism. While i agree that the ivy league in the US dont always conduct research or exchange knowledge together, i believe the Nigerian version should go down this path cos of funding constraints and also to build research citation rankings through collaboration
"....agree that the Ivy league in the US..." How many other ivy leagues do you know?
It's just a nickname for those eight colleges not like a pre-existing term that was adopted by them SMH.
Ivy league exists only in the US, UK's golden triangle is also a nick name for [Oxford, Cambridge and London]. What I was saying Is that if the Nigerian Universities want to establish a body like that, they should use a genuine name not a borrowed version of The US colleges.

Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Lyoncrescent: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2019
Thehumanlloydl:

"....agree that the Ivy league in the US..." How many other ivy leagues do you know?
It's just a nickname for those eight colleges not like a pre-existing term that was adopted by them SMH.
Ivy league exists only in the US, UK's golden triangle is also a nick name for [Oxford, Cambridge and London]. What I was saying Is that if the Nigerian Universities want to establish a body like that, they should use a genuine name not a borrowed version of The US colleges.

I get now. Definitely not the ivy league name
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2019
mimicue:
Olumide owuru went to unilag not Babcock
Olumide attended King's College, Lagos and the University of Lagos. He recently graduated from Babcock University in June 2017. Olumide commenced his acting career at the age of six with the television series Everyday People. He is also known for his role as 'Tari' in the Africa Magic Series ‘The Johnsons’. He starred in other television series such as The Patriot, The Men In Her Life, Hammer, Stolen Waters and New Son.Olumide portrayed the character ‘Weki’ in Mtv Base's Shuga series, seasons 3 and 4. He is also a television presenter.Olumide has won several awards including the "Mr. Popularity" prize in the Model of Africa 2012 contest, the "Nollywood Revelation of The Year" award at the Scream Awards 2014 and "The Most Promising Youth Actor" award at Ping Awards 2014. He won the Most Promising actor in the 2015 Best of Nollywood Awards and Best Supporting actor for his role in the Soldier's Story in the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by observanc1: 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
Dareal90s:

Where do u see futminna here nw, is ur brain malfunctioning? or maybe u ar blind.
u are a cow and lack understanding
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by Dareal90s(m): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2019
observanc1:
u are a cow and lack understanding
U ar a pig
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by OdenKelechi(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Nyberg and Ogden are probably the strongest
Clearly.. nyberg, ogden and white hall are the strongest
Re: Babcock University In Pictures by OdenKelechi(m): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2019
goat22:

Wrong. That's Nzobu nzobu hall
You mean white hall?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 / Lady With Severe Autism Who Can't Speak Graduates (Photos) / Top 10 Methods Of Exam. Malpractice In Nigerian Higher Institutions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.