Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians (15276 Views)

Chris Ngige: ICPC Grills Ex-minister Over NSITF Contracts, Job Racketeering / Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt / Reno Omokri Blasts Chris Ngige Over 'Clap For Buhari' Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Lordofthewest(m): 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ode minister, I wonder if his children too will do the same.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by gurunlocker: 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2019
I believe his children are also plumbers, carpenter, vulcanizer after they spent over 15 years in school
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by AK481(m): 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
My hand on the Bible...

This is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by aoofbeautifulme(f): 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2019
this man is definitely high on something
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by YoungAncient1: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2019
We have enough doctors but we don't have enough carpenters and plumbers right?

Hope the government will patronise the local plumbers and carpenters like Fayose did in his time?
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Ikpongiton: 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2019
so this idiot does not know that,there are more plumbers than plumbing jobs available in the country.minister of anus

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by seangy4konji: 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2019
ok....at this age....na plumbimg ur own pikin deh do for USA abi?
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by bishopkay: 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2019
Are any of his children Carpenters or plumbers? This same man who said doctors can leave the country as we have more than enough?

BTW there was a thread I created on the politics section about how Abba kyari's daughter got a job as VP of the Nigerian sovereign investment company without the right qualifications. Entitled to 32 million PA and an official car already allocated to her. Yet this short imp tells us to embrace carpentry and plumbing!

Hope y'all zombies can see what you fools have brought upon us. Mind you, next level never start ooo

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Mexyz(m): 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
Thank you Ngige, we should embrace Carpentry and plumbing while your children and that of other useless politicians like you embrace the FIRS, CBN, NPA and NCS jobs abi? Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by OgbanjeProphet: 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2019
How many of his children are plumbers or carpenters?

Stupid man

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2019
Makes a lot of sense.
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hunting Rabbits can create Employments too grin grin grin
Youths should Embrace hunting Rabbits and bush rats.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by kenodrill: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2019
Onyekachi419:
We for no go university now.
Just wasted 5 years, I for go learn plumbing.

If you are a graduate and has nothing doing ask yourself" does it mean if i wasn't a graduate then I will be poor"?

My Advice... Act like you have no certificate and hustle.explore every legal means to earn a living.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by ajebuter(f): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2019
These politicians have absolutely no respect for the citizens...

Because we let them get away with it by our subservient nature..

Ngegi, short devil, one day go be one day oh...

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Felix6: 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Fxhtv77567: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2019
Prove blow

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Teeq1234: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hey oga it begins with you. resign now I have an Alfa that can teach you aluminium work and carpentry. and u can aswell tell your children to drop their white collar jobs and follow your advice. plumbing and electrical works.... nonsens

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by salbis(m): 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2019
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by pacespot(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
part of the vocational training should be government providing the technology and the right tools needed to do these blue collar jobs. this is how to upgrade the dignity of these jobs to make them attractive to graduates.

these jobs are more attractive in other countries like USA or Canada because government provides the enabling environment for them. this is why we need the necessary technologies to be in place to make blue collar jobs work for a common man in this country. Without this, even the political class will rather hire someone from advanced countries to do their blue collar jobs due to incapacity by Nigerian plumbers, carpenters, or welders.

4 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by gbagyiza: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
Onyekachi419:
We for no go university now.
Just wasted 5 years, I for go learn plumbing.

No u did not waste anytime bro. infact u did well by getting your degree but what the minister is saying is that learn a skill you have interest in, get a certification under the same trade n start practicing gradually. I equally studied elect elect engineering and went further after graduation to learn a skill and develop myself in automotive repairs and maintenance. I got certified on the same area, then began practicing n making something for myself until an opportunity came to work base on contract terms for 5 years at a vocational/Technical college in Nigeria with a salary of 500k per month. Bro. there r few lucky ones, u may be one of them that will secure a good paying white collar job but the truth is that it can't go round.

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by XklusivGistBlog(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
Nbote:
And who embraces CBN, Customs, FIRS and most MDA slots?

The thing tire you too Aburo.
This country na Scam.

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
Let the government provide the citizen light and they will see unemployment go down

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by SmartMugu: 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
OK. Start with your own kids first.
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by gigfx: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2019
I wonder why Nigeria that is term a developing country, where so many necessities required for living a good life is not available yet, and all that our govt can say is that no job. in another country terms as develop countries you see our so called lazy youth traveling there and still get a decent job. what a joke of a country we are living in.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
it would have been better if your sons an daughters will embrace them first....after all lead by example. ....

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by sacx: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
After sweating it out for five years in the university, you expect me to pick up tools and learn plumbing! What's wrong with Buhari and his ministers? angry

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by doggedfighter(f): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2019
[quote author=gbagyiza post=77819945]

No u did not waste anytime bro. infact u did well by getting your degree but what the minister is saying is that learn a skill you have interest in, get a certification under the same trade n start practicing gradually. I equally studied elect elect engineering and went further after graduation to learn a skill and develop myself in automotive repairs and maintenance. I got certified on the same area, then began practicing n making something for myself until an opportunity came to work base on contract terms for 5 years at a vocational/Technical college in Nigeria with a salary of 500k per month. Bro. there r few lucky ones, u may be one of them that will secure a good paying white collar job but the truth is that it can't go round.

Please where can learn and get certified
Please yell me
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by doggedfighter(f): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
[quote author=gbagyiza post=77819945]

Please where can learn and get certified
Please tell me
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Onyekachi419(f): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
gbagyiza:

actually am a civil engineer but the way the country is going is very bad.am a sis not bro grin tanx for your words
Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by xyz123456: 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
gbagyiza:

The minister is saying absolute rubbish and I am angry other graduates are falling for it. It's not like people who are not graduates and are artisans are millionaire. Its not like there are surplus of plumbing or electrician work or tailoring. Rather those artisans are even complaining of no work. If lots of graduates move into that field, where will the supply come from. Who will give them contract??

Instead of a reasonable Govt to focus on production & ICT, encourage entrepreneurship, reduce importation or increase prices to encourage local production, they are talking of graduate to learn plumbing et.c

Do other countries Graduate learn plumbing, electrician and other artisan work??

And its a lie that our gradautes are unemployable and not practical oriented. Big Big lie to discredit us. I also have the same thinking brefore until i left Nigeria. The truth is most people learn on the job in most company even in the west unless its a very technical role

Most Nigerian graduates can work as HR, project manager, Agile Coach, Manual QA tester et.c .
And please don't make your unique case as generalization...

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: Embrace Carpentry, Plumbing - Minister Tells Nigerians by Fasanyadaniel(m): 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2019
Mr Chris Ngige please I have a friend who needs an apprentice from the east, I believe you have children while not send one or two down there or if they all are working already you can tell them to send their children.
IDIOT A FELLOW

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC North-East Youths Blast Tinubu And Oshiomhole, Want Oshiomhole Expelled / Nigeria To Print 5000 Naira Note With The Face Of Dora Akunyili / Shehu Sani: "A Repentant Insurgent Is Like A Domesticated Viper"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.