Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Your Basic Guide To Thrift Shopping In Nigeria - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Your Basic Guide To Thrift Shopping In Nigeria (356 Views)

Grade AA UK Shirts Thrift / Ladies Wears And Accessories Shopping In Dubai / LADIES : SHOP Your O.K /thrift Shoes( Work/ Casual/) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Basic Guide To Thrift Shopping In Nigeria by Theladysroom: 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
What if I told you that some of the best clothes you see on your favourite style bloggers are gotten from thrift store, a.k.a “bend-down-select” ?

Gasp*!

Yes, I said that. Think about it. Collections upon collections are rolled out every time by our most loved fashion brands. Both luxury/high end and fast fashion brands. Even the best fashion enthusiasts and shoppers are overwhelmed by how often they have to purchase new items to keep up. A lot of those clothes get shipped down here as “Okrika”. Now, let me shock you. Some of them are cleaned up and sold in your regular ‘boutiques.’
So if the idea of thrift shopping still fills with horrid images of people shoving against each other, it’s time to shift that perspective. Because honestly, you can get around to shopping from the thrift store and rocking your pieces so well, they’ll never guess it did not come straight out of an online shopping cart.

So, I’m sharing the good news and listing a few tips and tricks of shopping in Nigeria.
Know the grades
A wise man once said, “Shoe get size, Okrika get quality”. Have truer words ever been spoken? Like I mentioned earlier, you can find brand new items in the thrift market. This generally depends on the market you decide to patronize. In summary, Yaba is a mix of everything.

Read on via the link https://theladysroom.ng/thrift-shopping-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Few New Trends In Ethnic Clothing These Days / Handmade Jewelry Teardrop Bohemian Leaf Leather / 5 Most Fashionable Entertainers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.