Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,995 members, 7,952,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions (13926 Views)

Pro-Wike Assembly Gives Governor Fubara Seven Days To Resubmit 2024 Budget / Monday Bubou-Obolo Steps Down, Abraham Ngobere Elected Speaker Bayelsa Assembly / Kano Speaker, Deputy To Get Life Pensions, Foreign Medical Trips, Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by wink2015(m): 5:56am On Apr 25, 2019
Platony:

Its a welcome development.

100k is understandable for the members but 500k for speaker is too much. At least 350 would have been ok.

You are talking Trash! I repeat TRASH!

If this wrong step is not revoked successive greedy politicians will scale their benefits up the ladder by doubling and trippling their own pensions.

Then we are faced with NO END to this drama.

We should not create a bad precedent as it will have a far reaching consequences.

In this time of economic melt down, our honourables should run the legislature or parliament on part time and be given part time stipend.

Not this Buffalo or elephant meat � they are demanding for.

There is God O!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by anonimi: 6:03am On Apr 25, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
this is bad news, before you know other States will emulate them. I think these politicians are calling for revolution with their own hand.

They know that we are not ready for any revolution and prefer to wait for our own turn at the corruption table or for someone we know to get their and spread the largess to us also.
Have you ever told the politicians you know that they should stop stealing and work for the people instead

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by plaindealer: 6:05am On Apr 25, 2019
anonimi:

Are Bayelsans smarter than Lagosians?
Did Lagosians protest when Vacant pastor (VP) Osunabnde as LASG Attorney General in 2007 drafted Tinubu's outrageous pensions Bill

Pensions for governors in Nigeria are mostly the same across the board including Lagos state, but this topic is about every member of the legislature collecting lifetime pension is quite different from your rant about Tinubu.

You people can not contribute logically to any discussion without shouting Tinubu left and right as if Tinubu is the beginning and end of everything under the sun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by anonimi: 6:06am On Apr 25, 2019
wink2015:

If this wrong step is not revoked successive greedy politicians will scale their benefits up the ladder by doubling and trippling their own pensions.

We should not create a bad precedent as it will have a far reaching consequences.

In this time of economic melt down, our honourables should run the legislature or parliament on part time and be given part time stipend.

There is God O!

Why are you calling God in this matter that He has enabled us to resolve? Are we no longer all made in His image

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by anonimi: 6:12am On Apr 25, 2019
plaindealer:
Pensions for governors in Nigeria are mostly the same across the board including Lagos state, but this topic is about every member of the legislature collecting lifetime pension is quite different from your rant about Tinubu.

You people can not contribute logically to any discussion without shouting Tinubu left and right as if Tinubu is the beginning and end of everything under the sun.

Are you denying the fact that this useless thieving legalised thieving trend was started by your Thiefnuibu and his houseboy Osunbande

daywalker02:
According to a Lagos Pension Law approved by former governor Bola Tinubu in 2007, a former governor will enjoy the following benefits for life: Two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja. (Property experts estimates such a house in Lagos to cost N500 million and Abuja N700 million.)

Others are six brand new cars replaceable every three years; furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a close to N2.5 million as pension (about N30 million pension annually).

He will also enjoy security detail, free medicals including for his immediate families.

Other benefits are 10 percent house maintenance, 30 percent car maintenance, 10 percent entertainment, 20 percent utility, and several domestic staff.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ex-govs-get-fat-pension-as-senators-ministers/140833.html#Fp1PuvRuzmyCoriF.99

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026500_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by plaindealer: 6:17am On Apr 25, 2019
anonimi:

Are you denying the fact that this useless thieving legalised thieving trend was started by your Thiefnuibu and his houseboy Osunbande

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026500_image_jpeg9f360c5ab77

Didn't know you are a rubbish peddling troll.
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by olajide8(m): 6:34am On Apr 25, 2019
akum78:
@SOUNDAZA

Bayelsa House of Assembly on Wednesday approved monthly pensions to speakers, deputy speakers and other members of assembly.

The bill sponsored by the leader of the House, Peter Akpe, which was passed on the floor of the House, approved N500,000 post service monthly pension to the speakers of the assembly.The deputy speakers are to earn monthly pension of N200, 000 while other rest 24-member capacity assembly will earn N100,000 each.

The bill specifically provided that former lawmakers including persons of Bayelsa origin, who served in the old Rivers State, would enjoy life pensions for their services in the state as applicable to former presidents, vice-presidents, governors and deputy governors across the country.

To qualify for the speakership pension of N500, 000 monthly, the lawmaker the person must have served for two years and above.Most stakeholders in Bayelsa State took to different social media platforms to criticise the bill, deriding the lawmakers for being selfish and insensitive.

A resident, Fidel Boboye, described the move as greed in the highest places and wondered why such political office holders with the wealth and money they had amassed still awarded life pensions to themselves.

Another resident Preye Alegbe, said: “Is this not too much for these persons even as there are many graduates out there without good jobs? Why can’t the legislature channel these legislations to areas where the younger generations can benefit more”.

Source: https://soundaza.com/bayelsa-assembly-gives-members-life-pensions/

cc; lalasticlala

You see nigerians they want to live in opulence but not work for it
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by Platony(m): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2019
wink2015:

There is God O!

My friend, no need to get mad. This is Nigeria & believe me, there is little or no Tendency of it been revoked. It will stand.

Remember, When a Fish wants to get rotten, it begins from d Head. Our Nation is bad from the Presidency which you & I Know. Our problem is, we tend to act as if we don't know what is right & wrong. We only have social media powers, ranting on social media platforms.

Stop acting as if u dnt already know this country is corrupt. How genuine is ur Corruption Fighting President.

Godswill Akpabio became a billionaire through d PDP for years, now he's in APC nearly a year if am not mistaken & termed PDP as corrupt.

I am a realist, I see things the way they are & again, how many of the members kicked against d bill. None!!

Be sincere, if u were in their shoes, wouldn't u welcome d idea??

#UseYourHead
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by benobyeze(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2019
Robbers in disguise.
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by maasoap(m): 8:07am On Apr 25, 2019
Platony:

The simple truth is, I have accepted to face reality. Let's be candid here, U & I knows very well that Nigeria is corrupt. Even our President that is fighting corruption is also corrupt.
U & I can't do anything concerning d bill which has already been approved. That's d gospel truth!!

So, just try to bother less about Nigeria Politics. undecided

It can be reversed and it will be reversed. Just a matter of time
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by maasoap(m): 8:16am On Apr 25, 2019
Platony:

My friend, no need to get mad. This is Nigeria & believe me, there is little or no Tendency of it been revoked. It will stand.

Remember, When a Fish wants to get rotten, it begins from d Head. Our Nation is bad from the Presidency which you & I Know. Our problem is, we tend to act as if we don't know what is right & wrong. We only have social media powers, ranting on social media platforms.

Don't underestimate the power of social media my friend. We've seen what people can achieve just by protesting on social media.

Stop acting as if u dnt already know this country is corrupt. How genuine is ur Corruption Fighting President.

Godswill Akpabio became a billionaire through d PDP for years, now he's in APC nearly a year if am not mistaken & termed PDP as corrupt.

I am a realist, I see things the way they are & again, how many of the members kicked against d bill. None!!

Be sincere, if u were in their shoes, wouldn't u welcome d idea??

#UseYourHead

You're here accepting the rubbish being done by the Bayelsa lawmakers without even raising a voice or typing a word "no", calling yourself a realist. But at the same time mentioning the president as if the fight against corruption is up to him and him alone. You even said 100k and 350k is okay, is that how you are raising your own voice against corruption?
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by Platony(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2019
maasoap:

Don't underestimate the power of social media my friend. We've seen what people can achieve just by protesting on social media.

You're here accepting the rubbish being done by the Bayelsa lawmakers without even raising a voice or typing a word "no", calling yourself a realist. But at the same time mentioning the president as if the fight against corruption is up to him and him alone. You even said 100k and 350k is okay, is that how you are raising your own voice against corruption?

Let's cut it short.

GO & REVOKE IT IF U CAN.

Tnx.
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by maasoap(m): 8:24am On Apr 25, 2019
anonimi:

Now, you're turning a serious matter into something else. Can't you people make contributions without names calling, names spelling distortion, bringing in tribalism or partisan politics?
If I remember correctly, the life pensions for governors and deputy governors was started by either Rivers state or Akwa Ibom state and copied by the other one. Lagos State was like the third state to copy it. The madness was started by the FG
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by maasoap(m): 8:29am On Apr 25, 2019
Platony:

Let's cut it short.

GO & REVOKE IT IF U CAN.

Tnx.

Those who passed the bill, another set of them will reverse it, just watch out. You're not a realist but pessimistist. Optimistism is good, I hope you know that. Thanks
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by gaskiyamagana: 8:32am On Apr 25, 2019
lordm:
Madness, if bayelsans don't protest against this, they should not complain of bad government at any level
Is this work of Buhari again? Politicians are generally Nigeria problems.
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by Efna55: 8:55am On Apr 25, 2019
How so unlearned are you, I guess you know we are in africa or you don't know that too?
Olawalesmarter:
If it was Lagos then you would see them all over the thread wailing and crying, well I don't even know where Bayelsa is located grin
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by fortunejum: 9:38am On Apr 25, 2019
Hmm, God have mercy. For doing nothing, you earn 100k for life. How much will unemployed graduates earn?
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by nazicartel(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2019
sorry to say this... Bayelsa is a very useless state,,. state with 7 l.g.a with only 3 or 4 functioning local government with huge allocation still battling with development...
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by Smile4me01(m): 10:58am On Apr 25, 2019
I leave in yenagoa this state is the worst state in terms of development and security starting from the entrance to the end with only one road since the creation the assembly can't pass bill to construct road and bridges only for their personal benefits this can't develop with this kind of tyrant politicians in Bayelsa state.

Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by iluvdonjazzy: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
anonimi:

They know that we are not ready for any revolution and prefer to wait for our own turn at the corruption table or for someone we know to get their and spread the largess to us also.
Have you ever told the politicians you know that they should stop stealing and work for the people instead
how will I tell them when security will not allow us reach them.
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by abraham01emma01: 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
For them ( state) to pay #30,000 minimum wage is a problem now house of assembly members collecting #100,000-#500,000 in life.

Nigerians with their selfishness
Re: Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions by anonimi: 4:16am On Apr 26, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
how will I tell them when security will not allow us reach them.

Have you heard the reggae song with part of its lyrics being:

Where there is a will there is always a way?

Do you know who sang it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu To Announce VP On Thursday / El-Rufai: Tinubu Will Brief Buhari, APC Chairman On Campaign Council / Buhari: Stop Begging Just Explain What Happened By Dele Sobowale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.