Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo (22653 Views)

Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by itspzpics(m): 6:11am On Apr 25, 2019
Chckout this adorable Throwback Photo May 10, 1988. Professor Chinua Achebe with the great African-American poet Sonia Sanchez, who is associated with the Black Arts Movement, at Temple University.

See more photo below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/checkout-this-throwback-photo-of-chinua-achebe-with-america-poet-sonia-sanchez/

5 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by itspzpics(m): 6:11am On Apr 25, 2019
See More Adorable Throwback photos of Chinua Achebe with Sonia => HERE

1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by tsephanyah(f): 6:13am On Apr 25, 2019
Sometimes when you shine a light on a cockroach he just thinks it’s time for his solo.

5 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by AleAirHub(m): 6:20am On Apr 25, 2019
Adieu Sir cry
Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by Joshmodest(m): 6:48am On Apr 25, 2019
Chinua Achebe remains one of my favorite writers of all time , he made me fall in love with Modern African literature , with all of his works from Arrow of God , Things fall apart , No longer at ease ,just name it ...
for those who despise the Igbo people , at any slight chance ,I recommend Achebe's works , it would give you an insight , into the rich Igbo culture. make you appreciate it more , even if you're not Igbo ....
He's one of the few writers who talks about pre colonial era in his works , disapproving those sentiments cooked up by Trevor roper and his followers that Africa has no history before the colonial era ....he highlights tge strength , organization pride and religious beliefs ,of Africans before the colonial masters came ...and the confusion they brought in the name of civilization...
Achebe will forever remain alive in the world of literature !!!

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by ridonebabat(m): 7:02am On Apr 25, 2019
Great writer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by Naijaguy123: 7:14am On Apr 25, 2019
Typical ibo man. He died developing other people’s land . This is a man considered one of the best ever brain in African literature, yet he took the rich brain to develop and help Americans. Even in his old age he should have returned to his home state of Anambra . Imagine having a brain like this in an eastern university but he choose to work for the white man until his death .

This is a man that graduated from University of Ibadan but contributed nothing even in his later years to university of Ibadan, he forgot home completely.
He went from one oyinbo university to another and died in oyinbo university. A white man will work the world over but he will retire home in other to serve his people with the remaining part of his years.

10 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by BruncleZuma: 7:14am On Apr 25, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Great minds

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by pweshdodo(m): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2019
Who is he
Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by multibalotel: 7:15am On Apr 25, 2019
That Sonia Sanchez's hand can knock Anthony Joshua out...

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by Toosure70: 7:15am On Apr 25, 2019
Ugly face. The destroyer of southern unity.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by wolesmile(m): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2019
Still not in the league of Cap'n Blood, The Kongi himself, Wole Soyinka!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by lonlytroy(m): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2019
In Fela's voice "my broda make you no follow book, look am & go your way" Mr Follow Follow

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by MrBONE2(m): 7:18am On Apr 25, 2019
These are Proudly Africansgrin

Africans Emela grin

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by Auxtin85(m): 7:18am On Apr 25, 2019
His legacy lives
Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 25, 2019
wolesmile:
Still not in the league of Cap'n Blood, The Kongi himself, Wole Soyinka!
Go and find rope and hang yourself.
must you turn everything to tribalism ?
At least Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe achieved something,
what have you achieved apart from been an idiot on nairaland?

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by vikkeee(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2019
Please help me nairalanders please https://www.nairaland.com/5152159/please-me-pay-fees
Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by SaturnNick(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2019
My hero and mentor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by psychologist(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2019
team igbo amaka grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by materialproject: 7:21am On Apr 25, 2019
grin
Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by Rainmaker3: 7:23am On Apr 25, 2019
The literary icon of time. Respect
Re: Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo by SaturnNick(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2019
Joshmodest:
Chinua Achebe remains one of my favorite writers of all time , he made me fall in love with Modern African literature , with all of his works from Arrow of God , Things fall apart , No longer at ease ,just name it ...
for those who despise the Igbo people , at any slight chance ,I recommend Achebe's works would give you an insight , into the rich Igbo culture , make you appreciate it more , even if you're not Igbo ....
He's one of the few writers who talks about pre colonial era in his works , disapproving those sentiments cooked up by Trevor roper and his followers that Africa has no history before the colonial era ....he highlights tge strength , organization pride and religious beliefs ,of Africans before the colonial masters came ...and the confusion they brought in the name of civilization...
Achebe will forever remain alive in the world of literature !!!
An autobiography comes to mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What is the difference between English literature and literature in English / Juju Man / Onuorah Nzekwu Is Dead! (‘Eze Goes To School’ Author)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.